ROM Hack and Fan Game Directory

ghast

Hello everyone

By the title of this thread, I assume we can talk about FE romhacking

Here's my problem, I made a sprite, this :

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/48/1448832969-seo.png

But when I try to load it with FEditor, it doesn't work T_T

Anyone, please help me, the struggle is real >_<

Any future questions or uncertainties should be posted in the Questions subforum.

As for your answer, it may be a colour problem. You might have accidentally added more than the allowed limit, or there's just a graphical issue. I recommend posting this in Questions as well.

Please read the rules and guidelines!

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for having posted in the wrong section ^^'

Anyway I made my thing work, thanks though !

Does anyone want to go on a journey with me?

I was thinking it would be cool for the OP to have like 4 interesting screen shots to go with each hack. Do you think that would lead to a really cluttered OP if images were added too?

4 screens might be a bit much with the amount of projects in the OP. 2 would probably do (just tease it, not sell it).

I'm finally getting proper Internet tomorrow at my apartment, so I'm down with tagging along for LPs/playthroughs.

Edited by Primefusion

• 1 month later...

I don't know if this counts, but what about Attack of the Morphs? It was a FE7 hack that added some characters and I think third tier promotions. It didn't change the story or anything else.

Edited by randomguy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey ya'll first of all thanks for the list!
I'm just gonna ask right away, what hacks you would say are good or worth giving a try? Don't get me wrong, the ones I started to play a wonderful games and I bet they all are. I just look for a game with a well story and a bit more difficult, so if anyone has something he could mention besides the stuff in those lists it would be awesome! If I'm not allowed to ask, just delete.
Thanks! Have fun playing.

I'm just gonna ask right away, what hacks you would say are good or worth giving a try? Don't get me wrong, the ones I started to play a wonderful games and I bet they all are. I just look for a game with a well story and a bit more difficult, so if anyone has something he could mention besides the stuff in those lists it would be awesome! If I'm not allowed to ask, just delete.

I'd recommend FE7x (not a hack). Has the best writing of an fan game, I've found. But it also has the best everything (except maybe length) of any fan game I've played. The all custom half bodies and the new sprites are all of the highest quality. Their new engine allows them to add a lot of new features (skills, base like in FE9&10, flinching frames, training for units,...the list goes on and on). I'd be very surprised if it isn't the fan game that's had the most time and effort poured into it two fold.

imma toss in a rec for Onmi's fe6 reboot which is promising to be fantastic. should be coming out vaguely soonish.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed there's no Ragefest patches in the directory. Are they not included for a reason?

The only reason I ask is because it seems that all the download links for Matthew's Nightmare are down. Does anyone have the patch for it, separately and not part of the entire Ragefest hack, that they could re-upload?

• 2 weeks later...

I have a few questions about all of this, and didnt see anywhere else to ask this so sorry if its in the wrong place.

I have heard of all of this before, and interested in getting into romhacks, but have no idea where to start. So are there any places I can go to get some better information on it? Sites, videos, guides, anything really.

What programs, equipment, or system requirements are there to doing this?

and overall what are some tips and pointers everyone has on working on this type of thing?

The Resource Directory is a good place to start, since it will give you links to tutorials, tools, and other helpful resources.

As for system requirements, it really only depends on which tools you use. Having Java and .NET 4 installed are the two major requirements that come to mind.

My best tip for someone just starting is to start small and set small, achievable goals. Learn and get comfortable with the concepts first, then you can start to dream bigger.

It would seems FE8 Green and FE8 Girls patch are dead link now.

I wonder if anyone still have the files to reupload? I'd reupload mine but it's on another pc.

I think I have both of those on my computer. I'm pretty sure the Green is up to date, I don't know about Girls, but that probably is, too. Might stick them up on Dropbox or something.

EDIT: Here's the patches, if anyone's curious. Found the Girls patch on that Kaizou uploader Jayko04 posted on the Binary thread, and the Green patch was downloaded before they removed it from the uploader here.

Edited by A Nice Guy

• 2 weeks later...

I think I have both of those on my computer. I'm pretty sure the Green is up to date, I don't know about Girls, but that probably is, too. Might stick them up on Dropbox or something.

EDIT: Here's the patches, if anyone's curious. Found the Girls patch on that Kaizou uploader Jayko04 posted on the Binary thread, and the Green patch was downloaded before they removed it from the uploader here.

You ARE MVP

i updated the thread

fegirls

green patch

ostian princess

inheritors of the crusade

were added, thanks for the contributions peeps

Edited by ghast

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, this is my first time EVER posting in serenes forest and its because I need help to install ROM hacks because I just downloaded the Dream of Five V4 and The last promise hacks but I have no idea what I have to do with them. Can someone please help me like with a guide or something like that???