Fire Emblem Fates: A My Castle Compendium

Elieson

My Castle (MC)

It's essentially your own castle, which functions as a "Base" to visit between battles. Each castle varies based on the Player being played. The region, for instance, could be a bountiful Western courtyard (ala Hoshido) or a more barren wasteland (ala Nohr). Your MC can be freely roamed and each location within it visited at your leisure.

You can view this from the standard overhead view, or zoom in for an enhanced and detailed rotatable 3D view. The overall setting will change during the time of day, and be set in one of three times; Morning, Evening and Night. The overall scenery of your MC will vary based on the alliance you select.

At the northern "center" of your MC, you will find your Helper. If playing as a male Avatar, this helper is Felicia by default; otherwise it’s Jakob. By speaking to the Helper, players can construct or Level Up buildings, as well as change various My Castle settings, such as its terrain and exterior, music, name and even who the helper is.

Your "My Room"

- Always available

- In here, you can alter your hairstyle and hair color

- Is your customizable "room", meant for socialization with units at a whim

- With "Skinship", you can touch your comrades' faces (regardless of gender) and improve the bond between you and them. These improved bonds affect units stats when engaged in battle within "Attack Stance" and "Guard Stance". This can also allow your bonded unit to receive a "Surge" in stats, which is a temporary stat boost for the next battle. Be warned, that skinship isn't as easy as it may seem, since certain characters prefer to be touched in certain ways or places. Just as you can be successful, you can also fail in building a bond with skinship.

Living off of the Land

Within each My Castle, you'll be bestowed Land plots and Land features. These give you access to rare and potentially exclusive food and materials, which can be used for a plethora of bonus features within the areas of your MC, from stat boosts to weapon upgrades to just plain fun features and add-ons.

Land Plots

- Fields, plains, etc

- Provides ingredients for making food

- Your MC will be preloaded with a randomly assigned feature providing a randomly assigned foodstuff

- There are 10 potential foodstuffs

Land Features

- Small mountains, ponds, etc

- Provides Stones (Materials) for upgrading weaponry

- Your MC will be preloaded with a randomly assigned feature providing a randomly assigned material

- There are 12 potential materials

Buildings and Construction

You can create buildings, which are managed by the members of your team. Each building can be created by spending 1 of your "Dragon Vein Points" (DVP), and can be placed virtually anywhere on your MC. They can even be rotated, to have their entrance facing the direction in which you feel is most desirable. Your DVP can be used to upgrade buildings. Upgrading your shops can improve the quality of your items and weaponry sold within the shops.

With your DVP, you can build a:

Weaponry Shop

- Sells your typical weaponry, and improves quality and weapon types based on store level. Based on the shop owner, different items may be priced differently.

Item Shop

- Sells items and staves, with improved quality based on store level. Like the weaponry shop, items will be priced differently based on the owner.

Accessory Shop

- Sells accessories which change your visual appearance in battle, such as cute hats, tails, face masks, clothing and other neat features for your units. These accessories can be seen as worn during conversation, traversing through your MC, or even during battle.

Cafeteria

- Exchange your collected food ingredients to create food, which can be consumed in/before battle much like the "Tonics" from Fire Emblem: Awakening, meaning that your unit will receive a temporary stat boost, lasting for a brief duration, such as during the next battle that you engage in.

- While some units do receive stat boosts, they can also see their stats drop, so be careful and plan accordingly which food you share with your army.

Arena

- Gamble using your accumulated resources, and should you win, you receive a prize (more of that resource) in what appears to be a double or nothing.

Lottery Shop

- Spend your resources in a gamble to win potentially rare weaponry

Forge

- Spend your materials to upgrade weaponry features, such as MT, HIT, CRT and perhaps WT? You can also change the name of your forged weaponry

Archive

- View game data here (assumed to be cut-scenes, visuals, game options and other common and basic features

- Have your fortune read for you and your comrades, and even have joke comments made about pairings

Other features

- Noted at the moment, you can build a statue of yourself

Socializing with your units

Your comrades can be seen all around your MC, and you can interact with them as your avatar. These conversations are mostly for entertainment and aesthetic purposes, but can increase bonds that you have with your units, helping to raise your Support levels with them, which impacts battle. This can be done in My Room as well.

A Dragon God's Shrine

Every My Castle will inevitably acquire a Dragon God Shrine, which houses Lilith. Lilith is a Dragon God, and also an Ally. Lilith can be fed any kind of your owned food, and receives experience based on what it eats. She can even join you in battle when engaging with an opponent in a streetpass battle. As Lilith gains experience, she gains levels much like your own units.

Visiting Other My Castles with Streetpass

WIth Streetpass, you can visit other player's MCs through interaction with their Avatar in the courtyard. Just as you can visit other players MCs, others can acquire your information and MC as well. You can assign 10 units of your own to various positions on the squad used for a battle that another player would engage with in a fight against your Streetpass team.When communicating with their Avatar, you can do several things. When communicating with their Avatar, you can do several things.

Look at Card

- As assumed, you can get a glance of the general information of the visitor's Avatar. What this is, has yet to be confirmed

Look at Stats

- To give you more information, you can check the stats of the 10 units used by the visitor's team

Fight in own Castle

- Engage in 10 v 10 battles

- You can set up handicaps (for your team) or restrictions (for the enemy team) to alter the flow of battle to your choosing. This may impact the reward acquired through battle.

- In these battles, Lilith will join you as an ally, which acts during the Ally Phase (ergo, she is not controllable). Lilith will not gain EXP this way

- After a battle is completed, all destroyed buildings return to their former status, unscathed

- After a win, you can recruit one of the defeated avatar's units

- You can also send a simple message after the battle to let the streetpass'd player get a brief comment on how you enjoyed interacting with their team

- You will be on the defensive. These battles will be a "Defend the Location" battles, where you will have a specific spot on the map that your opponent is attempting to either seize or destroy, that you will have to protect

Fight at their Castle

- The same as fighting at your castle, only the battle will be in presumably unfamiliar territory

- You will be on the offensive, and tasked with routing the enemy

Visit their Castle

- Allows you to visit their MC, and even make purchases at their shops. Since there are some faction exclusive items and weapons, this is a great way to acquire weaponry and items only accessible through the faction in which you are not playing as.

- You can socialize with other units at the visited MC, and occasionally acquire food or material gifts from units among their courtyard

*If playing in the Hoshido (Byakuya) version only, your units will recieve experience in the battles. This experience contributes towards your team's overall experience and level, and presumably, your DVP*

Amiibo

Even your amiibo can make an impact on your MC. Currently, it is confirmed that the four Fire Emblem amiibo (Marth, Ike, Robin and Lucina) can be used with the game. When scanned into your game, you can do a few things. Simply by scanning them into your game, you will recieve an item unique to that character. If you challenge an amiibo to a battle, and win, they will join your team. They are noted to be powerful, and also valuable assets to your team should they be recruited.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sharing Your My Castle

Now that you've gone and created your My Castle, what are you going to do? You might need resources to forge certain weaponry, or might just be bored and want to check out your friend's teams. Well, hopefully we can coordinate that here.

At the moment, SF's Jedi and myself are coordinating a shared-for-anticipation-of-Streetpass/WiFi sheet, for compiled Friend Code data. This sheet will organize SF users based on which game(s) they own, common food and minerals, and also any other notes such as specifics for battling or maybe amiibo character ownership. Since you can recruit a team member, and acquire resources this way, there's no reason not to open this up to the public, as it's a two way process that benefits both parties.

Of course, Americans and Europeans won't have this yet, but those playing the Japanese Version may want to start coordinating shared information here.

For a list of SF users confirmed to have the game, and willing to share their team with you, Click Here

Edited by Elieson

Also note, if you are going to have multiple DS's for various regions like JP, NA. Please be sure to specify please, this is important. Just in general stating which region would be nice if like me you are only going to get the NA [EU, JP] releases etc.

And if you say, have a DS that's JP and one thats NA and want both listed. You'll of course have to give us two separate sets of information for them.

Edited by Jedi

Thanks for the work : D

Here are some things I've noticed:

(There are more things, but I can't check until we can rewind the stream.)

3 My Castle looks at start (for Hoshido)
Hoshido
Wind Tribe
Izumo Duchy

Helpers include generic village male and woman

Convoy has 500 item space

Visiting My Castles
Can visit people from the internet
See other people's name, campaign and Rating stat
There are rankings and friend settings

Menu

Featured
Most Recent
Greeting Card
Castle Address
Ranking
Castle Name
Friend

Glad to see this confirmed! :D I was starting to get a bit worried about it because it hadn't been mentioned again after the introduction trailer.

For a list of SF users confirmed to have the game, and willing to share their team with you, Click Here

Feel free to add me to that list! I'd be more than willing to exchange friend codes with any other importers! My friend code is 3 3 0 8 -5 5 7 9 - 7 6 3 6, and I'll be playing both versions, starting with Nohr. Region = JP, but depending on how good the game is I may end up eventually getting the EU version as well. Edited by Icy Toast

Thanks for the work : D

Here are some things I've noticed:

(There are more things, but I can't check until we can rewind the stream.)

3 My Castle looks at start (for Hoshido)

Hoshido

Wind Tribe

Izumo Duchy

Helpers include generic village male and woman

Convoy has 500 item space

Visiting My Castles

See other people's name, campaign and Rating stat

There are rankings and friend settings

Menu

Any chance you could link the stream? I'm not sure which one in particular you're referring to (treehouses?)

I hope regions are compatible.

But seeing as how even though Japanese text IS supported in Awakening, it freezes when your My Unit has Japanese characters in their name....

I'm guessing If won't be having compatibility with My Castle between regions.

I hope regions are compatible.

But seeing as how even though Japanese text IS supported in Awakening, it freezes when your My Unit has Japanese characters in their name....

I'm guessing If won't be having compatibility with My Castle between regions.

Which is really sad...

Have to wonder if people will set their buildings up in a way that the enemy attacks them and not the units. After all, they do respawn after the battle

Like a barricade that archers and mages can hide behind? Aesthetically that'd be ugh though...

Like a barricade that archers and mages can hide behind? Aesthetically that'd be ugh though...

I completely understand that (might as well have a battle in a good looking area) but if people are going to have battles only at their castle, I highly sense them doing this...that is until I just realized that buildings are 4x4, yep these two posts are filler

I rewinded Hamayama's stream to check the Communication stuff again. Some interesting stuff inside...

Link Bonus
Get items by purchasing the 2nd or 3rd route.

Requires 2 routes:
Dread Scroll - Class-change to Dread Fighter (x2)
Divine Dragon Herb - All stats +1
Boots - Boosts Movement by 1

Requires 3 routes:
Dark Falcon Wing - Class-change to Dark Falcon (x2)
Divine Dragon Herb - All stats +1
Boots - Boosts Movement by 1

Communication Settings
StreetPass
SpotPass
Send Gameplay Info
Data Exchange
Show My Castle Address

Bonus Box
Castle (user) Ratings
Thoughts (about My Castle)
Accessories
Bond Units
Facilities
Ranking bonus

Bonus Box doesn't seem to have Bonus Teams. Dunno what "Bond Units" are though.

Ranking bonus is for My Castle battles, I believe.

Hmm,

so you can "buy" 2 boots and 2 Dragon Herbs.

I'm also curious to dig into your castle Address, as well as Ranking bonus and Bond Units

I don't know if this is irrelevant to what you wish to cover, but here's some more facts about My Room:

• You can only do skinship ONCE after every chapter. (don't know about end-game though)
  • Kamui can be seen interacting with the room in multiple ways: Laying on the bed, sitting and having tea at the table, and sitting on the bed are some of the actions we've seen already

What is wonder is that the amibo's Marth, Lucina, ike and Robin are recruitable thro the My Castle battle.

Like you fight someone who has marth on his team, if you win, could you recruit him that way?

(Also, Hi everyone im new :D)

Edited by AJJ

What is wonder is that the amibo's Marth, Lucina, ike and Robin are recruitable thro the My Castle battle.

Like you fight someone who has marth on his team, if you win, could you recruit him that way?

(Also, Hi everyone im new :D)

I'm speculating that you can, until proven otherwise.

I'll post Prison information up this evening; but it's something that you need to build, and can house up to 2 prisoners (courtesy of Zero/Orochi) each of which can be persuaded to join your bench of battle units.