SF FE 0 Wiki Updating

FutureKnightX

I looked back on the Tiki page and there are still issues with the template or with how the page reacted to the change. I am away from my computer right now (on mobile), so I will double check later. Otherwise, I really like how it looks now. Much better! Thanks, Vincent!

And since there seems to be a discussion on it, I made a poll asking people how they wish card entries worked on the wiki. Please vote if you care. For now, let's just do it how we've been doing it and if the majority decides each card gets a page, we can easily transition. We still need to get every card up there and I feel it needs to be sooner rather than later.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried making a Sully page but I'm having some problems. How do you setup the Support skill? Also, regarding images is there a specific source that's being used for the images so that they look consistent, or "grab from wherever"..?

I tried making a Sully page but I'm having some problems. How do you setup the Support skill? Also, regarding images is there a specific source that's being used for the images so that they look consistent, or "grab from wherever"..?

Image list. The numbered ones uploaded by FutureKnight are the card images themselves.

Yeah, people linked to a JP site that leaked the whole set and grabbed images from the V Jump app (apparently, I don't know lol). I just took those images, named them after their set numbers, made them PNG format and uploaded them. They really were very high quality. I was actually shocked by how quick it all was, and this is coming from somebody experienced with set releases and knows how fast Japanese people have those images up lol.

But yeah, if you want an image of the card, just type up "File:setnumber.png" for it. Be sure to include rarity since that is part of the numbering, technically. As for the support skill, just put it under "abilities". I feel that since only cost 1 cards have them, it shouldn't be added to the template since for most cards it would be "N/A" and there are cards with three (and one even has four) abilities and none of them are support skills.

Side note: any way we can make it so that when a card doesn't have something (say, a third ability), then it doesn't even appear as part of the table for the card? I mean, that would be a great way to add support skill to the template, in my opinion.

Side note: any way we can make it so that when a card doesn't have something (say, a third ability), then it doesn't even appear as part of the table for the card? I mean, that would be a great way to add support skill to the template, in my opinion.

I was just about to ask that :)

I've "finished" Sully's page, thank you for the help! The support skill really doesn't look obvious at first glance and the "empty" ability slots look a bit strange, but it's pretty acceptable in my opinion. I should have a bit of time in the upcoming week, so I'll be adding a few cards at least. I'll be concentrating on the Awakening cards.

Hmmm...just realized there needs to be a time limit on the poll. How do you guys feel about having the poll close when all series 1 cards have been entered into the wiki? And there needs to be one, since it is close enough that every vote does count. If it has been decided that every card does indeed get its own page, then we can easily just copy paste tables over, as I more or less said before.

On a happy note, cards 75-100 have been entered! I personally saw to that (though someone else did make the Cordelia page). Gotta keep chugging along here people! Sadly, I was hoping that by the end of the day today, all cards would be up, but that doesnt seem to be happening. Oh well. I think we can get it all in by the end of tomorrow, right, people?

Also, I uploaded all the Starter Deck exclusive cards and promos that were not just alternate artworks (we'll figure out what to do with those later. I already have them ready to be uploaded when we figure that stuff out), so people can also make entries for those now too. The reason why I was reluctant upload them earlier is because they are sample images. Anyone know where some high quality non-sample images of these cards are? Looks tacky to be using those indefinitely, unfortunately. Same with all the R+ and SR+ cards, as I want those to be available for viewing on the wiki, as well (they will be in the same boat as alt arts for the time being, however, but I want those handy).

Just wanting to help thats all, But I do need to say that the catagories are missing from the recent ones you made. There not automatic like on BF Wikia so thats understandable. What should we do regarding the catagories?

The Cipher TCG is releasing this week in Japan (alongside Fates) and the first set has already been fully leaked (with a number of translations pending). Here is the homepage to the wiki this site operates for that TCG: http://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/Fire_Emblem_TCG

Kinda barren, huh? Yeah, that needs some serious updating, especially as this wiki easily has the potential to be the center for all info pertaining to that TCG for English players. What I'm asking here is for help bringing this wiki up to date. I plan on uploading some cards soon and it would be great if others would help out, either by doing more edits or by cleaning up pages. Translators would also be nice in order to speed up the process, but not entirely necessary.

http://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/Template:FETCG0

Also, if anyone knows how to clean up that, it would be most awesome. I'm thinking getting rid of any of the superfluous stuff, in addition to making the image cover the entire left column there. For those wondering when certain things were added to that (like "insignia" and "ability 3"), I added those. A fourth ability box was needed due to the Anna card having four effects.

I can translate the cards English-Spanish would it be useful?

EDIT: Lol this wasnt the post where it is suppose to go, can someone erase this comment?

EDIT2: Ok, I didnt realise this post is actually the one i wanted to post in so ignore last edit, first day here and im getting a little bit lost xD

Edited by daniel237157

The only reason why I voted the way I did is because Cipher's card numbering is backwards (highest rarity first, then everything else sort of trickles down). Otherwise, I'd gladly have all units with the same name on the same page.

I hope we don't cause too much page clutter, though!

I can translate the cards English-Spanish would it be useful?

I don't see why it wouldn't be :)

However, this is an English site, so maybe a Spanish FE site would be better to host such translations? I'm not entirely sure how this sort of thing would be done, but I do say that such translations would be indeed useful to help build a Spanish speaking community for the game.

Also, that poll is tied again people. If you care, please vote, as, unlike federal elections, every vote counts.

I don't see why it wouldn't be :)

However, this is an English site, so maybe a Spanish FE site would be better to host such translations? I'm not entirely sure how this sort of thing would be done, but I do say that such translations would be indeed useful to help build a Spanish speaking community for the game.

Also, that poll is tied again people. If you care, please vote, as, unlike federal elections, every vote counts.

I think we could put the translation in english and then the translations to every language we can with slaches between them.

Even though this is an English speaking site, If you look for Cipher information on the internet, there isnt anything except for this about it so we can probably create a Cipher wiki not only for SF but THE Cipher Wiki. Don't know if i explained myself

Edited by daniel237157

I think we could put the translation in english and then the translations to every language we can with slaches between them.

Even though this is an English speaking site, If you look for Cipher information on the internet, there isnt anything except for this about it so we can probably create a Cipher wiki not only for SF but THE Cipher Wiki. Don't know if i explained myself

You know, you just gave me an idea. And if anyone feels I'm going too far with this in any way, please speak up. One of the ideas I have for implementing alternate arts are tabs that people can click on to view them in the card entries (look at the "Duo" cards on the CFV wiki for an example of what I mean by this) and I just remembered that the YGO wiki does something similar with languages.

Since I am more or less clueless as to how to do any of this, Vincent, is this viable and something people would want?

Already asked and awaiting an answer.

I believe templates are static by default. There might be an extension I can install that allows for parsing, but it'll take me a while to figure out how to set up the arguments since I'm not great at coding.

The other alternative is to have two templates. One for characters with 1~2 skills and one for characters with 1 skill plus a support skill. (I haven't checked all the cards, but are those the only two configurations?)

Edited by VincentASM

I believe templates are static by default. There might be an extension I can install that allows for parsing, but it'll take me a while to figure out how to set up the arguments since I'm not great at coding.

The other alternative is to have two templates. One for characters with 1~2 skills and one for characters with 1 skill plus a support skill. (I haven't checked all the cards, but are those the only two configurations?)

Better than me at coding! XD

Anyways, there are some characters with two skills and a support skill, like Lucina (counts as Marth, +20 against dragons, and supporting breaks two orbs) and there are characters with three skills and no support skill, like Tiki (support cards go to the bond area, 8 or more bonds gives her +30 power, and +20 against dragons). In other words, go for 1-3 skills and 1-2 skills and a support skill. You can eliminate "ability4", in that case, especially since most people agree that Anna has two abilities and not four and she would be the only card with that many abilities.

Mostly. There'd need to be a third template for weird cards like Anna, who have a bunch of clauses.

EDIT: I think the following should suffice:

- Cost 1 units (these usually have a single skill and a support skill)

- Cost 2+ units

- CCS units

- Anna

Edited by eclipse

Okay, every series 1 card is now up there. All that is left is starter deck exclusives and promo exclusives (the ones that aren't just alt arts). I have already uploaded the images for those cards so that isn't an issue. After that, it's time to start cleaning up the pages so that they look uniform (and have all their categories, rather than just the color on some of them). Some pages start with low cost units and some use raw data rather than a template.

What I'm saying is, is if anyone is willing to help with that, please...

Thanks so much to everybody getting the wiki up and running so quick! Apologies I haven't been available to help with wiki construction due to work obligations, but I'm glad that the translations are getting a good home. I'm still on a business trip, but if there is anything that needs to be done when I get back, I'll do what I can to help.

Okay, since it is highly likely all of the starter deck and promo cards will have entries soon enough, I have decided to close the poll in 24 hours since we need to have a decision soon. It's still very close, so I suggest any who care but have yet to vote, go and do so soon. If the poll happens to be tied when I would close it, then I will cast the tie breaking vote. I have yet to vote (and still do not care either way), so it really isn't unethical.

And after that, pages need cleaning!

EDIT: It is now official. Every series 1 card (including starter deck and promos) is on the wiki, translations and everything! I finished it off myself! All that is really left is alternate artwork and + cards, which we need to figure out how we want to input them in. We also need to clean up the pages. This includes:

*templates instead of raw data on all the pages (some have the template, some do not, basically)

*same terms used for every page (some pages use different terms for the same thing)

*every category a card is supposed to belong to is on the page (some pages are missing categories)

*cards that are also in the starter deck need to reflect as much on the page (some cards also come in the starter deck, in addition to them being in the booster set and the card entries do not say that)

I just don't wanna be the only one doing this... q.q

Edited by FutureKnightX

Count me as another person impressed with the progress XD

Haha, but I do see there's still a lot of work to do.

When I can wrestle myself away from Fates, I'll try and help out. I still need to make an alternate version of the template as discussed (unless somebody got to it already).

Hopefully, the attachment below works (I have yet to try it on mobile). It shows that keeping all the cards of a character on the same page has won out, barely (2 votes). Naturally, if for some unforeseen reason that we can no longer do that, we will transition, but it stands as it does now.

By the way, for these pages, can we agree to go in order of set number? Just seems logical. If the cards come from another set, then the cards will go in another section on the same page (as I have already started when I added the starter deck cards).

FutureKnightX, I saw that you had posted this in the general thread and thought it would be better served posting an answer to it here in this thread.

It would go under "set number", naturally, but yeah, that is the idea. And I have zero clue what cards are also in the starter decks, so that info would be nice, too.

The booster cards that are also found within Starter Decks are:

B01-003HN Crown Prince of Altea, Marth

B01-006HN Princess of Talys, Caeda

B01-007R Infamous Knight “Raging Bull”, Cain

B01-008N Scarlet Knight, Cain

B01-009R Infamous Knight "Prowling Panther", Abel

B01-010N Verdant Knight, Abel

B01-012N Protective Knight, Draug

B01-013HN Archanean League Bowman, Gordin

B01-014N Altean Archer, Gordin

B01-018HN Talysian Mercenary, Ogma

B01-019N Talysian Fighter, Bord