SF FE 0 Wiki Updating

FutureKnightX

Lazward's first skill should be: Whenever this unit attacks, if there is an allied Xander on the battlefield, this unit gets +10 attack power until end of turn.

It is an AUTO skill whereby it only starts checking for the presence of an aliied Xander on the battlefield WHEN Lazward attacks, not to be mistaken as a passive skill.

the other cards' image quality are pretty blur to make out the wordings on the cards themselves, can't really interpret until a clearer image surfaces(most likely on the official twitter hopefully)

I like to point out one term being defined/translated on wiki in a way I totally disagree with, i.e. 撃破 - Destroyed. Many of the cards with skills that has the term 撃破 is being translated by the wiki as "destroyed by/in battle".

Firstly, the term 撃破 simply means Destroyed, no addition of under what situation/condition/circumstances.

Secondly, units with straight kill effects like Camus, Gaius etc. as long as the skill's cost were paid and requirements met, the player gets to destroy whichever legal targets he chooses and this is a result of the skill NOT a result of any battle. Also, promoted Henry's CCS allows him to "suicide" which actually means he destroys himself and this is definitely NOT a result of battle.

Thirdly, Pieri's first skill triggers whenever any unit gets destroyed, doesn't matter as a result of battle or skill(yeah she can combo with Henry somewhat).

Lastly, the few skills that requires the unit itself to destroy an enemy unit through direct attack (such as Shiida. Navarre, Cordelia etc.) will instead have this phrase "このユニットの攻撃で敵を撃破した時" which means "When this unit's attack (successfully) destroyed an enemy unit". Only then a unit is required to be destroyed as a result of battle due to the addition of the phrase "このユニットの攻撃" which changes the requirements to specifically so.

tl;dr Check for phrases that modifies the requirements of destroy methods, if not, it is just simply "destroyed" full stop

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lazward's first skill should be: Whenever this unit attacks, if there is an allied Xander on the battlefield, this unit gets +10 attack power until end of turn.

It is an AUTO skill whereby it only starts checking for the presence of an aliied Xander on the battlefield WHEN Lazward attacks, not to be mistaken as a passive skill.

the other cards' image quality are pretty blur to make out the wordings on the cards themselves, can't really interpret until a clearer image surfaces(most likely on the official twitter hopefully)

I like to point out one term being defined/translated on wiki in a way I totally disagree with, i.e. 撃破 - Destroyed. Many of the cards with skills that has the term 撃破 is being translated by the wiki as "destroyed by/in battle".

Firstly, the term 撃破 simply means Destroyed, no addition of under what situation/condition/circumstances.

Secondly, units with straight kill effects like Camus, Gaius etc. as long as the skill's cost were paid and requirements met, the player gets to destroy whichever legal targets he chooses and this is a result of the skill NOT a result of any battle. Also, promoted Henry's CCS allows him to "suicide" which actually means he destroys himself and this is definitely NOT a result of battle.

Thirdly, Pieri's first skill triggers whenever any unit gets destroyed, doesn't matter as a result of battle or skill(yeah she can combo with Henry somewhat).

Lastly, the few skills that requires the unit itself to destroy an enemy unit through direct attack (such as Shiida. Navarre, Cordelia etc.) will instead have this phrase "このユニットの攻撃で敵を撃破した時" which means "When this unit's attack (successfully) destroyed an enemy unit". Only then a unit is required to be destroyed as a result of battle due to the addition of the phrase "このユニットの攻撃" which changes the requirements to specifically so.

tl;dr Check for phrases that modifies the requirements of destroy methods, if not, it is just simply "destroyed" full stop

Well, that was how it was decided to be translated and I just followed what they decided on. Obviously, we need to return to this or one of them will need to explain why they went that route. It may seem like I'm shifting the blame here, but I really just follow what those peeps say.

I will fix Lazward, though, as that makes sense. He's not as crazy now.

I see no series 3 and 4 .

Because none of those cards got revealed, just arts. I suppose Vincent can make banners, like he did for the other two, but I think it's still too early for that, as it isn't known if IK cards are gonna be the same colors as Nohr/Hoshido or a new color entirely and the color of PoR cards hasn't been revealed yet, either.

Just click on the Ryoma image and go to the option of replacing the image. It'll keep the name, while updating all uses of the image on the wiki. Be sure the image you upload is PNG, like the image is on the wiki. If you don't know how to do that, right-click the image, click "edit", and then go to "file" "save as" and click "PNG".

Hmmm, it keeps reuploading the same picture you were using. Do I have to change the destination file name?

Oh bugger. This is giving me more trouble than it should. :V

Well, it is properly up now, as I can see. Issue is, is that he's 006, not 005, as I thought he was. Any way to rename the file? I don't see it. Yeah, sorry about that, but I had to guess 5 or 6 and looks like I guessed wrong lol. I have a feeling a coupleof the other cards I uploaded are the same.

Since a clearer Kagerou card image is revealed by the official twitter today, Kagerou's Attack Support Skill - Ninja's Emblem states that if you discard a card from your hand, at the end of the battle, instead of putting her card into the discard pile, deploy her onto the battlefield in action completed state(in other words, tapped)

Also, cost 5 Ryoma's second skill is to choose a cost 2 or below Hoshido unit from the Discard Pile area, not from the player's hand.

Edited by Mutsugami

I assume you're talking about SR Xander? If so, I don't quite see the issue. All I can see is that they are worded differently, but still the same effect.

As for Felicia, I just forgot to give her her name when I first saw her name translated. Sorry about that and it has since been fixed.

I assume you're talking about SR Xander? If so, I don't quite see the issue. All I can see is that they are worded differently, but still the same effect.

As for Felicia, I just forgot to give her her name when I first saw her name translated. Sorry about that and it has since been fixed.

Nope, SR Xander's 2nd skill is "When this unit class changes" instead of "When another unit class changes"

• 4 weeks later...

Hey FutureknightX, are you going to update this page http://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php?title=Booster_Set_2:_Soulful_Flames_of_Light_and_Dark&action=edit&redlink=1with the cards? Because right now I can't find a wat to see a list of the 2nd booster cards.

Also

Well, that was how it was decided to be translated and I just followed what they decided on. Obviously, we need to return to this or one of them will need to explain why they went that route. It may seem like I'm shifting the blame here, but I really just follow what those peeps say.

I will fix Lazward, though, as that makes sense. He's not as crazy now.

Because none of those cards got revealed, just arts. I suppose Vincent can make banners, like he did for the other two, but I think it's still too early for that, as it isn't known if IK cards are gonna be the same colors as Nohr/Hoshido or a new color entirely and the color of PoR cards hasn't been revealed yet, either.

Mutsugami's TLs are correct.

Personally I translate "このユニットの攻撃で敵を撃破した時" as 'when this unit destroys an enemy unit during battle', and 撃破 as just 'destroyed'.

Due to the very big difference (particularly with this newest set) in 'destroy' and 'destroy by this unit's attack/when this unit destroys an enemy unit during battle', I hope the source of you translations can correct their own translations before people start playing and play with all the wrong effect.

Edited by Nanaka

If you play Lackey, you can check if my personal way to write card effects might be wrong in places.

I think so far we can differentiate with just "Destroyed" and "Destroyed by an attack". Effects that "Destroy by battle" don't matter because there's nothing that activates on being destroyed by battle but not by being destroyed by an effect.

The list needs titles for the cards. I don't know the names for at least half of them. I can do without, but it would make the process much easier to finish if I start with them. Also, a clean image of the nation symbols would be nice. Here are all the images so anyone can help giving me the names of the cards:

http://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/Series_2_Card_Gallery

Also, some aren't translated, either.

• 3 weeks later...

I could probably fill in all the rest of the missing cards with the translations from my personal project if you all are alright with my translation work. I finished up the whole set a few days ago, but I haven't wanted to step in on anyone else's work.

There's a few errors that basically everyone has just been going with so far.

CorrinM4: Only works from frontline, only on your turn, and only on other units.

Ryoma5: You need 4 OTHER white units.

Lazward4: Can only untap units that were tapped for his own cost.

Overall: "Allies" applies to all your cards, "Other allies" refers to everything except that card, and there's a lot of cards that need rewriting because of it. (Cherche, etc)