Support Levels Confirmed. [Slight Spoilers!]

BRSxIgnition

So... Fire Emblem If is officially out in the wild now, thanks to a Chinese store that broke street date on the game. There's even a stream up on a Chinese website with the player using a female avatar. (Ask for the current link in the chatroom)

What I'm posting about however isn't to talk about isn't the leak or the story, it's the supports, and a big addition to them.

Yep, I'm bringing up those again. But why you ask?

[spoiler=Introduction of "A+" Supports]This

It's all fine and dandy that the avatar can S-rank with their Nohrian family (and even their Hoshido family, apparently) but what I'd like to draw people's attention to are the supports.

Not only do previous support ranks C through A and S appear - as they did in Fire Emblem Awakening - but now there are also "A+" supports.

Just another level of supports right?

Nope.

They are all limited to characters of the same gender.

This may be a new system to show the player which couples can have children and which can't, but it could also simply be a cop-out where same sex partners get passed off as "best friends" or "comrades."

I'm hoping for the former rather than the latter, but either way it's a step in the right direction.

What are your thoughts?

Since so little is known at the moment, anyone who can read Chinese/Japanese and doesn't mind spoilers is urged to watch the stream and explain what they mean.

Discuss!

Edited by BRSxIgnition

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would agree that this is definitely a step in the right direction.

Though, I really hope it's not just a "and then they became bffs for life!" kind of thing.

Is it confirmed that you can S-rank all the Nohrian siblings?

I know you can S-rank Leon, Elise (uck :( ), Camilla, but I haven't heard a confirmation about Marx/Xander?

I would assume that if you can s-rank Leon and Elise, you should be able to s-rank Xander and Camilla as well, but it hasn't been confirmed.

Looks really interesting tbh!!! So if we are a boy we can S-girls and A+-rank boys right? But as you can have just one S-rank is there going to be the same for A+? And will you be able to have an S and an A+ at the same time? What's your opinion :O

I kid you not, I jumped up and squealed like a little girl when I read the spoiler. Now I have the dumbest smile on my face. I'm probably a little too happy about this, even if it is a "companion" kind of deal. Now I might've misunderstood (3:30am over here, tired), but did it say that only characters aside from the avatar can do the A+? If I read it right, then that's a bit weird. Why would the avatar, of all characters, be the character who couldn't receive it?

Regardless, I'm obviously very happy about this. Definitely a step in the right direction, as you said.

My theory on A+ rank is that it's something for the Master/subordinate relationship that has been shown.

Using the Camilla screenshot for example we know that Luna and Belka(?) are her subordinates, and this doesn't appear for the Avatar.

I'm inclined to think that an A+ rank would entail something akin to them swearing absolute fealty or some such. I dunno, just 2 cents here.

Apparently the avatar can't actually A+ support :( The feature also seems to be limited to subordinates and their partners/ whoever they report to. I really hope i'm wrong though....

In Camilla's screenshot, you can see that Luna can A+ rank with both her and another rider.

It's more likely that it's same gender characters, not just subordinates, since males are still registered as "S" for Camilla.

The screenshot isn't Camilla's Support list though, it's Luna's. And she can A+ rank Belka so.....

Perhaps pairing supports in general are just more picky this time and if a unit doesn't have reason to be with anyone else, they can't?

Still doesn't explain why Avatar might not have A+ ranks but shrug

Editing that title a bit just to be safe.

Despite my terrible allergies to spoilers, I decided to come here, and I don't regret it. Not exactly perfect, but from the sound of it, it does look like a good step in the right direction!

Wait wait wait...That link says "the protagonist can only achieve A with other same-sex characters." Does that seriously mean the player is the only one locked out of these A+ supports <_<?

Maybe Luna can A+ rank with Belka because they're both Camilla's subordinates?

Please don't crush our dreams like that.

I'd assume they would have said subordinates if that was the case, but instead they said "same gender."

I want to believe!

Edited by BRSxIgnition

Maybe Luna can A+ rank with Belka because they're both Camilla's subordinates?

Yes, that's what I was getting at, they can A+ rank because they know each other because they're in the same line of work

My point was that I don't think A+ ranks would be only lord/retainer relationships because Luna and Belka wouldn't be able to swear fealty like was proposed since they're both retainers

What I'm trying to say is that perhaps not everyone can max support everyone this time around, so even same sex pairings are limited to who would actually make sense being together (Luna and Belka working together for instance)

Edited by Meltlilith

Please don't crush our dreams like that.

I'd assume they would have said subordinates if that was the case, but instead they said "same gender."

I want to believe!

I want to believe too! I would be beyond happy if same-sex romantic supports were a thing. I can't wait to find out exactly what A+ entails, I just don't want to get my hopes up.

Yes, that's what I was getting at, they can A+ rank because they know each other because they're in the same line of work

My point was that I don't think A+ ranks would be only lord/retainer relationships because Luna and Belka wouldn't be able to swear fealty like was proposed since they're both retainers

What I'm trying to say is that perhaps not everyone can max support everyone this time around, so even same sex pairings are limited to who would actually make sense being together (Luna and Belka working together for instance)

I would like this a lot actually. Not just anyone and everyone can together but couples that would actually be probable.

Same sex romances are being labelled differently from the 'real' hetero relationships, and the personification of the player can't take part in them. It might be better than nothing, but not by much in my opinion. And that's assuming they're even remotely romantic in nature and not completely platonic, which I suspect is far more likely.

Even if it's simply platonic it means more support conversations between characters of the same gender and support bonuses equal to married couples, so It's still a notable improvement over Awakening.

This really makes me curious as to what the final support level for the Hoshido siblings will be. If Kamui can't A+, then is it S or just A due to incest?

Judging by the image, Leon and Elise can reach A rank, so I suppose it will be the same for all siblings, including Kamui and the Hoshido children.

Edited by EJ107

Whoa...whoa...whoa...these are not my Batman glasses!

XD Sorry, couldn't resist that joke. Anyways, I'll take companion, as not only did they do that for cousins in Awakening (Lucina and Owain being the prime example), but is actually accurate to how they did same-sex marriages in the middle ages. Basically, two people of the same sex would go into a church and declare themselves to be "really good friends, but totally not gay or anything" and would be treated as family.

But yeah, I would totally take Corrin being unable to be "companions" with someone if it means others totes can! If this is true, then Fates is gonna be my favorite game! ^^

Look pretty pointless to me since 1) kamui can't A+ 2) If A+ lock out S-rank than that will be a big problem since i prioritized S-rank.

But it wouldn't pointless if it means potential LGBT representation.

It is kinda disappointing that Kamui can't A+ though.

Again, it might be that Kamui also has limited supports and we just haven't seen who they can A+ support (trying to be optimistic......)

No Female Kamui x Aqua so it pretty pointless for me, don't really about cared the rest.

Though one good thing will be shutting up the mouth of the annoying veterans that always whine about marriage.

Edited by Awakener_

This really makes me curious as to what the final support level for the Hoshido siblings will be. If Kamui can't A+, then is it S or just A due to incest?

Judging by the image, Leon and Elise can reach A rank, so I suppose it will be the same for all siblings, including Kamui and the Hoshido children.

Aqua can S rank Leon, even though they are biological siblings. You can probably S rank the Hoshido siblings as well.

<Game of Thrones intensifies>