Support Levels Confirmed. [Slight Spoilers!]

BRSxIgnition

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really happy about A+ if it is what I'm assuming it to be "Best Friends Forever and Life or Something that's Almost Marriage But Not Really".
It's a really nice gesture and I'll gladly settle for that. Though, the site linked mentions that the protagonist can only achieve A with other same-sex characters. :/
So, I really wonder what it is. Maybe his/her child is storyline important or something...

No doubt but that really sucks out the impact of the choice for me.

Bonds vs Blood......OH WAIT YOUR NOT ACTUALLY RELATED TO THESE FOLKS! YOU BETRAYED YOUR OTHER FAMILY WHBO AS IT TURNS OUT ARE NOT REALLY YOUR ACTUAL FAMILY OOPS!

People have been theorizing that that is indeed what's going to be revealed if you choose the Hoshido route since the trailer came in April. I must admit though, I don't think I'd like it if that's how they chose to go about it, but it all depends on the execution.

For those curious as to what A+ Rank Supports are I had posted something in the marriage thread but I put here as well although I can paste it for some reason.....

So what I think A+ Rank Supports are potential bonuses that the other characters could acquire and as we can see they can have more than one. Kamui however cannot go any hire than a standard A. So why is that? Well Kamui has the amazing advantage of being able to support with every character while his/her companions only have a limited number of folks they can make supports with and that is where the A+ comes in. It gives them a slight edge as they can obtain high level supports but only with certain folks as opposed to Kamui who can become buddies with everyone but cant get any bonuses that are as high as another character can get. However all characters can only have one S-Support.

To put it simply....

Kamui
- Can support with all characters but can never obtain an A+ level support.
- Can have 1 S-Rank Support.

Other characters
- Have limited supports but are able to get several A+ ranked supports with other allies.
- Can have 1 S-Rank Support.

I think the fact that Kamui isn't able to get A+ Ranks with folks has more to do with balance than anything else. This doesn't have anything to do with Same Sex relations.

Edited by Iron Griffin

Please don't crush our dreams like that.

I'd assume they would have said subordinates if that was the case, but instead they said "same gender."

I want to believe!

Psst,you know that means M!Kamui should be able to A+ Joker, and F!Kamui Felicia, if it's a subordinate thing :P

Is it confirmed yet that Kamui can S-rank Ryouma and Hinoka as well? So far I've only seen that it's the case with Sakura, who probably is "just" their half-sister, since Kamui's father died when he was still young and Sakura wasn't even born. They would share their mother but not the father.

I know it doesn't make it any less awkward and weird, but it's apparently enough to be "okay" in Japan?

But seriously my inner completionist is in conflict with the fact that I don't want to marry Kamui to Sakura

Is it confirmed yet that Kamui can S-rank Ryouma and Hinoka as well? So far I've only seen that it's the case with Sakura, who probably is "just" their half-sister, since Kamui's father died when he was still young and Sakura wasn't even born. They would share their mother but not the father.

I know it doesn't make it any less awkward and weird, but it's apparently enough to be "okay" in Japan?

But seriously my inner completionist is in conflict with the fact that I don't want to marry Kamui to Sakura

Apparently,

Mikoto did not give birth to Corrin. Their true parents died but she was close to them so she took Corrin in and raised (or at least tried to) Corrin as her own. Never fear, there's no incest here. (Said the person with Cersei Lannister as her profile pic)

Anyway, if that turns out to be false, there'll no doubt be censorship in the Western release. Have the pairings either removed, or changed to companions with the children adopted.

Looks really interesting tbh!!! So if we are a boy we can S-girls and A+-rank boys right? But as you can have just one S-rank is there going to be the same for A+? And will you be able to have an S and an A+ at the same time? What's your opinion :O

Judging by how the supports are shown in the menu, A+ replaces S for certain characters. All of which are the same gender. (We've yet to see any that are heterosexual in nature.)

Apparently the avatar can't actually A+ support :( The feature also seems to be limited to subordinates and their partners/ whoever they report to. I really hope i'm wrong though....

This is likely involved with the plot - perhaps the story requires that a child is born from the Avatar Character? (Kanna)

I kid you not, I jumped up and squealed like a little girl when I read the spoiler. Now I have the dumbest smile on my face. I'm probably a little too happy about this, even if it is a "companion" kind of deal. Now I might've misunderstood (3:30am over here, tired), but did it say that only characters aside from the avatar can do the A+? If I read it right, then that's a bit weird. Why would the avatar, of all characters, be the character who couldn't receive it?

Regardless, I'm obviously very happy about this. Definitely a step in the right direction, as you said.

See above. It's possible that Kanna is plot relevant and having a child as the Avatar is required?

My theory on A+ rank is that it's something for the Master/subordinate relationship that has been shown.

Using the Camilla screenshot for example we know that Luna and Belka(?) are her subordinates, and this doesn't appear for the Avatar.

I'm inclined to think that an A+ rank would entail something akin to them swearing absolute fealty or some such. I dunno, just 2 cents here.

Thing is, Aqua and Sakura can A+ support each other. They have no relation at all. Not as subordinates or family.

The screenshot isn't Camilla's Support list though, it's Luna's. And she can A+ rank Belka so.....

Perhaps pairing supports in general are just more picky this time and if a unit doesn't have reason to be with anyone else, they can't?

Still doesn't explain why Avatar might not have A+ ranks but shrug

See above for the Avatar explanation.

I wouldn't mind it if they limited it to certain characters who work together though - it'd be more realistic than some of the fringe pairings found in Awakening.

But it wouldn't pointless if it means potential LGBT representation.

It is kinda disappointing that Kamui can't A+ though.

Agreed, and agreed - but ah well, it's a good first step.

We never really thought IS would nail it out of the park on their first attempt anyway.

Yeah, if A+ turns out to be "best friends", while people can go off and marry their siblings, then this is a serious issue, as it means IS is sending the message of "incest is okay, but homosexuality isn't" and I think we can all agree that is a big no-no.

It's becoming more and more likely that the siblings aren't really blood related on both sides.

I don't think its has anything to do with Same-Sex relationships folks are getting their hopes up. Also even if that was the case it makes no sense that the player cant do this as well.

Why do you think that, given the facts we have currently?

Also, if it's for plot reasons, it makes sense.

That seems like an unrealistic hope for me too. If they end up being a couple, why does there need to be a distinction with the S-Rank? Especially when it's even called A+, aka lower then S.

But this could be interesting when it comes to localization. Maybe they could do something like the "Companion" thing in Awakening but in reverse.

S-Rank means Children, A+ Rank means no Children.

This would be the best way of explaining it, IMO.

I really hope Nintendo grows the F*CK up and stops censoring things like this. I let it pass for the Cousins because admittedly that's a grey area - but if they pulled the same stunt for gay characters....

My guess is that its not only romantic couples that could get a bonus but also close allies as well so that certain characters can have strong bonds and get an edge in battle without being married off.

"Strong Bonds" - so.... Gay?

Honestly, how much stronger must they be once they've already acheived A? A is all Robin and Chrom could get in Awakening assuming both were male, and they were one of the closest friendships in the game.

What if Kamui lacks A+ supports because Kanna is somehow plot-relevant?

Anyway I'm glad they added an alternative to heterosexual S-supports.

This and this.

What about them? There were plenty of pairings among the second gen in awakening that got to labelled S without producing a child.

Oh, and of course, this is a world of magic so making children with two same sex parents would be trivially easy to explain, and if you don't want to do that adoption still exists.

Maybe it's simply a logistics thing?

Of course you can't create endless children in the game, it'd be too much work for them to make that many characters, and it wouldn't be feasible.

Of course it had to end at some point.

It wasn't that they didn't have children, it's that the story wasn't about the GRANDchildren, it was about the second generation, the Children.

Not happy that they've let you S rank your siblings. Though not entirely surprised either. Their new vision seems to be absolute player worship.

A+ ranks sounded interesting at first. Seems like they're just "best friends" supports between the royals and their subordinates. Wonder why A rank wasn't enough for that.

According to rumors and leaks, they may not actually be your family. (In both cases)

Like many, I really hope that it's an actual proper relationship rather than some stupid "We're extra close COMRADE~!" bullshit.

Not actually blood family on either end? ... What? Wasn't the entire point to choose loyalty to the people that loved and raised you, or the kind and peaceful blood family that never got a chance to raise you? If there are no blood ties to Hoshido, then I'm going with Nohr, no doubt about it. It just makes about a million times more sense the way I see it. If it's true, then I'm honestly disappointed with the Hoshido side already.

As far as being able to marry my in game little sister(s)...ick. I have nothing particularly against incest, but my in game little sister(s)? That's just weird to me, especially for Elise. But at the same time...if I want to 100% the game...I have to at some point marry her...I really don't want to marry Elise or Sakura...

That's so disappointing to me that you can S-rank the Nohr and Hoshido siblings. The whole premise they presented was choosing between your adoptive family and blood-related family. They just couldn't let it be. They had to make everything waifu-able... It really cheapens those relationships in my opinion.

I'm glad I am not the only one disappointed by this development. Seriously the premise sounded really interesting but nope your family is also Fu$%#able and I was hoping for something better because this also inadvertently reveals another possible twist and before that we learned that in one of the games Garon joins your side!

Wait, the Avatar isn't related to the Hoshidan siblings? Then there is literally no reason for him/her to pick Hoshido over Nohr. That's really irritating. Oh well, Hoshido can burn to the ground.

I mean, if you want to be a nice guy and not be part of the invading country there's a reason I guess. And your birth country is still Hoshido.

But yeah, guess we're throwing out the whole Loyalty VS Family theme so we can make babies with Sakura.

Edited by Vineron

Wait, the Avatar isn't related to the Hoshidan siblings? Then there is literally no reason for him/her to pick Hoshido over Nohr. That's really irritating. Oh well, Hoshido can burn to the ground.

Well there's always the possibility that Mikoto told him that he was her blood child, and the truth isn't revealed until the avatar has created bonds with the hoshido side.

I'm more supportive of a system that doesn't give much choice in terms of pairing, simply because it's easier to write the story that way.

Judging from the in-game help, there doesn't seem to be anything particularly homosexual about A+ supports. Sounds like some sort of compromise to me.

Under spoilers just in case?

It has been explicitly stated that Mikoto had given birth to Kamui in a support conversation with Sakura although some Japanese users seem to think otherwise, so nothing is really confirmed yet.