Support Levels Confirmed. [Slight Spoilers!]

BRSxIgnition

Aqua can S rank Leon, even though they are biological siblings. You can probably S rank the Hoshido siblings as well.

<Game of Thrones intensifies>

That's... a really good point o0'

Though he can't S rank Elise which is weird.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...What...what...just what... .

You know, I seem to have subconsciously prepared myself for this, which means even though I feel like I should be, I'm not that pissed off at the moment.

...What...what...just what... .

You know, I seem to have subconsciously prepared myself for this, which means even though I feel like I should be, I'm not that pissed off at the moment.

Give it another hour or so.

I really don't support incest but if in anyway, it was reveal that Kamui is not really blood related to neither families my options becomes wider. XD

Edited by lilin08

Yeah, if A+ turns out to be "best friends", while people can go off and marry their siblings, then this is a serious issue, as it means IS is sending the message of "incest is okay, but homosexuality isn't" and I think we can all agree that is a big no-no.

But of course, that is one way this info can go at the moment. Another way is that they aren't actually siblings (still weird to go with any of the Nohr siblings, regardless, but whatever, no judgments here) while A+ means "we aren't allowed to get married, but I don't wanna be with anyone else and let's try and have a kid somehow", which I think most would be okay with. It could also be anywhere between these two scenarios.

This is some weird stuff, to say the least.

That seems like an unrealistic hope for me too. If they end up being a couple, why does there need to be a distinction with the S-Rank? Especially when it's even called A+, aka lower then S.

But this could be interesting when it comes to localization. Maybe they could do something like the "Companion" thing in Awakening but in reverse.

Edited by BrightBow

If they end up being a couple, why does there need to be a distinction with the S-Rank? Especially when it's even called A+, aka lower then S.

Exactly, this is why I'm not happy about it. We're either not getting anything, or we're being explicitly told that same sex relationships are lesser than opposite sex ones in their eyes. Even incestuous ones, apparently.

Edited by capmalachi

I don't think its has anything to do with Same-Sex relationships folks are getting their hopes up. Also even if that was the case it makes no sense that the player cant do this as well.

I'm really curious as to what it actually is though, one way or the other. If it's just "BFF", which does seem the most likely scenario, then why do some supports still only go to A? Why can Camilla A+ with Luna but not Kamui, her sister who she dotes on and "would kill for"?

Edited by EJ107

Exactly, this is why I'm not happy about it. We're either not getting anything, or we're being explicitly told that same sex relationships are lesser than opposite sex ones in their eyes.

It an extension of A rank, what else should it be called than?.

I don't think its has anything to do with Same-Sex relationships folks are getting their hopes up. Also even if that was the case it makes no sense that the player cant do this as well.

People are probably getting their hopes up about full fledged gay relationships but I think they are going to be dropping a subtext bomb with Camilla, Belka and Luna. "Likes strong women" Yeah...

Exactly, this is why I'm not happy about it. We're either not getting anything, or we're being explicitly told that same sex relationships are lesser than opposite sex ones in their eyes. Even incestuous ones, apparently.

You are being over dramatic about this. I don't think IS wants to make a statement about gay relationships being inferior to heterosexual ones. It's a simple matter of making a distinction between married and unmarried but very close relationship. A+ being for gay relationships is just speculation anyway.

You are being over dramatic about this.

Not really. Either the A+ supports aren't gay in the slightest, and therefore we aren't getting representation period, or they are gay and are being explicitly labelled differently from their heterosexual counterparts for no good reason. While incestuous relationships get to be treated the same as any other hetero relationship, of course.

Edited by capmalachi

You are being over dramatic about this. I don't think IS wants to make a statement about gay relationships being inferior to heterosexual ones. It's a simple matter of making a distinction between married and unmarried but very close relationship. A+ being for gay relationships is just speculation anyway.

Regardless of what A+ means or doesn't mean, including sibling incest options that produce children but no same-gender pairings is really sending a bad message.

Not really. Either the A+ supports aren't gay in the slightest, and therefore we aren't getting representation period, or they are gay and are being explicitly labelled differently from their heterosexual counterparts for no good reason.

Children.

Regardless of what A+ means or doesn't mean, including sibling incest options that produce children but no same-gender pairings is really sending a bad message.

The two matters are unrelated. They don't have to support all kinds of relationships just because they green-lighted incest.

Edited by NekoKnight

Children.

What about them? There were plenty of pairings among the second gen in awakening that got to labelled S without producing a child.

Oh, and of course, this is a world of magic so making children with two same sex parents would be trivially easy to explain, and if you don't want to do that adoption still exists.

Edited by capmalachi

What if Kamui lacks A+ supports because Kanna is somehow plot-relevant?

Anyway I'm glad they added an alternative to heterosexual S-supports.

IS made it a point to allow the player to marry every character in Awakening, including the children who might actually be your own children and even the Spotpass characters who don't have any other supports. They sexualized a little child, they played rape for pure fetish appeal and had it lead into marriage. They introduced a french maid class for both sides in Fates despite it not fitting in with the art direction from either faction. They introduced a literal groping mechanic which apparently allows touching more then just the face. (Seriously, the sheer effort that would have been required to create these assets is astounding. These models are far more detailed then anything else in the game and they don't even use them for dialog or something like that.) And you can marry your siblings too, apparently.

They are not going to let such a little thing as plot stop them from pandering to the fetishes.

Edited by BrightBow

What about them? There were plenty of pairings among the second gen in awakening that got to labelled S without producing a child.

Oh, and of course, this is a world of magic so making children with two same sex parents would be trivially easy to explain, and if you don't want to do that adoption still exists.

You got me there. I have no idea why 2nd gen characters needed romance when there was no benefit to it. They thought it would be weird that only 1st gen characters were romantic?

I think IS is more interested in the traditional view of "where babies come from" than you are.

Children.

If Kamui's kid is still from another timeline like Morgan was, there is no reason that this Kamui had to be the same gender. Heck, you have interactions with other Kamuis through Streetpass.

And personally I always liked the idea that Morgan would be the child of an Robin of the opposite gender. I think it would be a great source of comedy and it would be kinda fun to show some meta awareness of the other Awakening players in the process. So I would approve any excuse to introduce that angle.

Edited by BrightBow

If Kamui's kid is still from another timeline like Morgan was, there is no reason that this Kamui had to be the same gender. Heck, you literally have interactions with other Kamuis through Streetpass.

And now you know why so many people dislike children and the outrelam in FE. A whole clusterfuck of plot holes.

The two matters are unrelated. They don't have to support all kinds of relationships just because they green-lighted incest.

They aren't unrelated. Cultural sensibilities was a legitimate, if annoying reason to exclude unambiguous same gender couples, but once they include incestuous pairings there is no excuse anymore.