Support Levels Confirmed. [Slight Spoilers!]

BRSxIgnition

People are probably getting their hopes up about full fledged gay relationships but I think they are going to be dropping a subtext bomb with Camilla, Belka and Luna. "Likes strong women" Yeah...

You are being over dramatic about this. I don't think IS wants to make a statement about gay relationships being inferior to heterosexual ones. It's a simple matter of making a distinction between married and unmarried but very close relationship. A+ being for gay relationships is just speculation anyway.

I have to agree with you here. There might be some sub-text involved but I think that until there's any real confirmation people shouldn't get their hopes up. Nintendo and IS certainly don't want to anger their fanbases but they seem to prefer to sidestep the issue and remain on a vague fence rather than place themselves firmly on one side.

So far I think the most likely outcome is BFFs and close bonds rather than same-sex romantic ones.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They aren't unrelated. Cultural sensibilities was a legitimate, if annoying reason to exclude unambiguous same gender couples, but once they include incestuous pairings there is no excuse anymore.

Let's not forget Nowi here. At least siblings can eventually consent if they are old enough. We just need necrophilia and IS allows literally everything before same sex couples.

Anyway, ignoring the obvious moral objections to pedophilia and sticking with the "gays cannot gain kids" issue, kids also cannot get any kids. This isn't even a matter of mental maturity, so the whole "Nowi is totally 1000 years old" angle is of no importance here. Pregnancy is entirely about the physical maturity. And yet they still gave her her own daughter, hardwired to her as her personal child..

Edited by BrightBow

They aren't unrelated. Cultural sensibilities was a legitimate, if annoying reason to exclude unambiguous same gender couples, but once they include incestuous pairings there is no excuse anymore.

Your argument is that if incest is okay then gay relationships should be okay, as if they fit on a scale somewhere of acceptable behavior. If pairing characters to produce desired children is one of the priorities for the game, then incest fits into that goal, whatever your moral reservations may be.

Incest, huh? Oh boy, the localization team is going to have fun with this one. They won't be able to just change the word to "companion", thanks to children characters. I wonder how they'll cover it up. Maybe they'll replace sibling S-ranks with A+ rank supports.

The point I'm trying to make it that, while some people are apparently okay with it, I personally don't particularly appreciate being told that my sexual orientation is less acceptable than incest. Either by treating incest like a real relationship with the S label while explicitly othering same sex relationships, or by allowing incest while not allowing same sex relationships at all, either method says that incest is okay while homosexuality is not.

Let's not forget Nowi here. At least siblings can eventually consent if they are old enough. We just need necrophilia and IS allows literally everything before same sex couples.

Not quite. They'd also need to let you marry and have children with Lilith, that dragon-thing. Male Kamui only though, obviously.

Your argument is that if incest is okay then gay relationships should be okay, as if they fit on a scale somewhere of acceptable behavior. If pairing characters to produce desired children is one of the priorities for the game, then incest fits into that goal, whatever your moral reservations may be.

My argument is that if the developer has no qualms with the backlash/criticism they would receive from including incest in their game then they shouldn't have any qualms with the backlash/criticism they would get from including same gender couples. And if they don't then what reason is there not to include them? As for children, there's an entire second generation of characters who will likely be able to S rank each other without children coming into it at all, so obviously the romance mechanic is more than just children. And there's no reason not to at least allow same gender pairings among the second generation.

Edited by EJ107

The point I'm trying to make it that, while some people are apparently okay with it, I personally don't particularly appreciate being told that my sexual orientation is less acceptable than incest. Either by treating incest like a real relationship with the S label while explicitly othering same sex relationships, or by allowing incest while not allowing same sex relationships at all, either method says that incest is okay while homosexuality is not.

Or simply that none of the characters are homosexual and a couple of them are cool with incest. First, we have no idea what A+ really means only that it is higher then A and that it is not marriage. Second, this is a product made by Nintendo which is a Japanese company. They are a business meaning they will do what they believe is best for making profit. This doesn't mean they will do what's "right" and it also doesn't mean that you can tell them what to do as a business. If you really consider it to be a grave insult then exercise your right as a consumer and don't buy it. But in the end it's not supposed to be a direct insult towards homosexuals its just a combination of cultural differences and business practices. At least they're showing progress with that skinship feature. (Ooh Camilla, here I come)

What about them? There were plenty of pairings among the second gen in awakening that got to labelled S without producing a child.

Maybe that will change now and every child-less unique support will be ranked only A+ now? We still haven't seen the 2nd generation characters, where that likely would happen with all pairings that don't involve Kamui.

Edited by NeonZ

Or simply that none of the characters are homosexual and a couple of them are cool with incest. First, we have no idea what A+ really means only that it is higher then A and that it is not marriage. Second, this is a product made by Nintendo which is a Japanese company. They are a business meaning they will do what they believe is best for making profit. This doesn't mean they will do what's "right" and it also doesn't mean that you can tell them what to do as a business. If you really consider it to be a grave insult then exercise your right as a consumer and don't buy it. But in the end it's not supposed to be a direct insult towards homosexuals its just a combination of cultural differences and business practices. At least they're showing progress with that skinship feature. (Ooh Camilla, here I come)

It's almost like this is a forum where people are supposed to discuss things related to the game. But you know what, fine, you're right, I'll stop talking about it.

It's almost like this is a forum where people are supposed to discuss things related to the game. But you know what, fine, you're right, I'll stop talking about it.

Relax, I didn't say stop talking about it. I was expressing my own opinion. All I'm saying is I don't see it as an insult or putting incest above homosexuality and why. You know like in a forum where you're allowed to express your opinion as you discuss something understanding that not everyone shares the same idea.

Seeing as you can support your blood-related siblings, I fully expect them to at least have a different father; I don't think Intelligent System just goes full incest on us just like that. I may be wrong, but hopefully not.

Also, I agree it's a shame that there aren't at least a few homosexual characters in the game, especially now that they don't have the "children are important to the plot" argument.

Pretty sure IS isn't fully endorsing incest, since the Nohrian and Hoshidan siblings can't S support amongst themselves, only with Kamui and Aqua. So it's probably just gonna end up being the whole "you are not related to either side" deal. Let's not jump to conclusions until we have more info on the A+ support and the plot.

Not happy that they've let you S rank your siblings. Though not entirely surprised either. Their new vision seems to be absolute player worship.

A+ ranks sounded interesting at first. Seems like they're just "best friends" supports between the royals and their subordinates. Wonder why A rank wasn't enough for that.

Pretty sure IS isn't fully endorsing incest, since the Nohrian and Hoshidan siblings can't S support amongst themselves, only with Kamui and Aqua. So it's probably just gonna end up being the whole "you are not related to either side" deal. Let's not jump to conclusions until we have more info on the A+ support and the plot.

I agree. We need people to calm down for a moment. It is not clear what the whole picture is so there's no need to push down your opinion upon others when all info are not clearly proven. Of course, we are discussing on what we know so far.

^ If Kamui isn't related to the Hoshido family by blood then why in the hell would he/she betray the family that he grew up with for another nation?

There is still a possibility that it a midway reveal on the Hoshido path. Afterall, if an author reveal the twist in their story would people still bother to read their book?

Edited by lilin08

I think folks are making way more of this than it really is. And boy oh boy the unfortunate implications that could arise if S rank is the bond between man and woman and below them are those between same genders. I really think folks are getting their hopes up here but the game is two days away so I guess we'll find out.

Maybe not all S supports are romantic this time and an A+ is a second chance for a character to have a romance if you S supported them with someone whose S support isn't a romance.

(I reeeaaally hope the S supports aren't all romances.)

Maybe not all S supports are romantic this time and an A+ is a second chance for a character to have a romance if you S supported them with someone whose S support isn't a romance.

(I reeeaaally hope the S supports aren't all romances.)

Considering that children characters are also making a comeback, I seriously doubt that.

How I wish this would be the case, though.

Edited by Zachmac

Seems like a copout if you actually wanted them.

So it's probably just gonna end up being the whole "you are not related to either side" deal.

I'd imagine that's gonna be the case. Edited by Tryhard