Support Levels Confirmed. [Slight Spoilers!]

BRSxIgnition

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if Mikoto isn't Kamui's real mother for some reason, I think he's still of Hoshidan descent. Like he was born in Hoshido by Hoshidan parents and was supposed to grow up there, but was taken away. Even if you aren't blood-related there would still be a sense of family ties I would think.

Also, in another thread someone said that A+ Rank was likely there to pair the spare girls who didn't get married because the fathers are linked with the kids now, and there will likely be spare women left if you pair everyone off, like how there were spare guys in Awakening, and that sounds like the most probably theory I've heard so far. It's not what I would have wanted, but at least I can pair everyone off in some way now. I didn't like having a couple of deadbeat not-dads collecting dust.

Edited by Fuzzlekins

It would be a nice change of pace if both sides were to an extent dirty. I know that wont happen but man wouldn't be shocking if Mikoto was actually a cold calculating chess master as well? Maybe she is pulling an Unohana and reveals her true colors at some point in one route forcing you to fight her as well.......I can dream.

Edited by Iron Griffin

The point I'm trying to make it that, while some people are apparently okay with it, I personally don't particularly appreciate being told that my sexual orientation is less acceptable than incest. Either by treating incest like a real relationship with the S label while explicitly othering same sex relationships, or by allowing incest while not allowing same sex relationships at all, either method says that incest is okay while homosexuality is not.

I agree and furthermore the distinction of A+ and S if there are homosexual pairings is telling if S is because of a pairing that produces children. Honestly the children mechanic in this game so far as we can tell doesn't really have bearing on the main story.

This was my main gripe in Awakening. Lucina had a purpose as she was integral to the main plot. The other children were just 'there' for the sake of saying that these miscellaneous couples in fact had children.

Furthermore Fire Emblem has flirted with homosexual pairings and out right had incestuous pairings before. But I stand firm. False equivalency isn't equality.

According to this chart, Carmilla may very well be a lesbian.

[spoiler=Fire Emblem Fates Parents and Children]QNhZJCY.jpg

... Since children don't rely on their mother anymore, at least. It also matches up with Luna's A+ support possibility.

The player avatar is so awesome, even gay and lesbian characters change their sexuality to be with him. Pandering has officially reached a new level.

I'm just shooting the breeze here but it would honestly not surprise me. It's incredibly stupid and kinda offensive but I'll still take it over everyone being 100% straight.

^ This.

The whole thread is getting silly now. We have no clear information about A+ Ranks. Like are they just available to female characters who didn't marry. If so why?

We only have to wait a little longer for the Japanese release we'll have are answers by then.

The player avatar is so awesome, even gay and lesbian characters change their sexuality to be with him. Pandering has officially reached a new level.

I'm just shooting the breeze here but it would honestly not surprise me. It's incredibly stupid and kinda offensive but I'll still take it over everyone being 100% straight.

Since?

Nobody has been officially called lesbian or gay. Nobody has changed any sexuality to be with him/her.

Here is some interesting information that I've come across:

There is data in the endings.txt file from the text dump that contains 同性婚 - "same-sex marriage" endings, specifically for Zero and Shara. (the Not!Tharja)

I checked through the support dialogue and the support between Zero and "player man" (google translate is great, but I don't know Japanese, sorry), there is clearly an S support that talks about marriage.

It may be dummy data, but it is also very interesting at the same time.

I pastebinned it here if anyone wants to take a look, but it's annoying to read because developer commands in the middle of it:

http://pastebin.com/1N1wfJ45

Edited by Tryhard

Source?

Sure. Text dump is here, and already confirmed to be legit. I also pastebinned the part in question above.

The file in particular I was looking at is ゼロ_プレイヤー男.txt

Edited by Tryhard

Wait, by "Zero and Shara" you mean each of them being same-sex romanceable, not them being paired up, right? Because Zero is male and Shara is obviously female, so it wouldn't be same sex for the pair.

Please continue digging - the more proof we find the happier I'm getting!

Is there "Player Woman" or "Player Female" in there?

So this game is going for an everyone is bi angle? Great........ If there were to be homosexual relations I was hoping that they would be characters with their own identity and not just altered to suit the needs of the player. This game is just reeking with pandering up the ass.

So this game is going for an everyone is bi angle? Great........ If there were to be homosexual relations I was hoping that they would be characters with their own identity and not just altered to suit the needs of the player. This game is just reeking with pandering up the ass.

Actually, based on what we know so far its' "two people are bi". Though I suppose the text dump could be incomplete and they could go the everybody is bi route.

And if they do? Eh, Awakening was everybody is straight, so whatever, I don't mind it that much, though I'd prefer a mix of straight/bi/gay people, I'll take it.

Wait, by "Zero and Shara" you mean each of them being same-sex romanceable, not them being paired up, right? Because Zero is male and Shara is obviously female, so it wouldn't be same sex for the pair.

Please continue digging - the more proof we find the happier I'm getting!

Is there "Player Woman" or "Player Female" in there?

Yes, of course. The one I found is between Zero and the male player, who I assume to be the male Kamui/Corrin. Maybe I'm completely wrong, but that's what it says to me.

There is also a female player support assumedly with Zero, and it looks like it goes to S as well.

I checked the シャラ_プレイヤー女.txt file - Shara and player woman, and it has a S support section as well, though it is more subtle in its contents from what I can gleam. Obviously there is a support for the male Kamui/Corrin as well.

Strangely I haven't been able to find anything on the A+ supports, though.

I can't see A+ supports being = S supports unless they're limited since otherwise they'd effectively be making everyone bisexual. Can't see that happening.

If Kamui's kid is still from another timeline like Morgan was, there is no reason that this Kamui had to be the same gender. Heck, you have interactions with other Kamuis through Streetpass.

And personally I always liked the idea that Morgan would be the child of an Robin of the opposite gender. I think it would be a great source of comedy and it would be kinda fun to show some meta awareness of the other Awakening players in the process. So I would approve any excuse to introduce that angle.

Not actually. It could be using the timeline theory where yes, there are multiple timelines but they all branch off from key moments in the "main" timeline, and if Kamui realizes he/she is gay then that kills all the alternate, future timelines where Kanna was born because every possible timeline will be branch off from there.

Let's not forget Nowi here. At least siblings can eventually consent if they are old enough. We just need necrophilia and IS allows literally everything before same sex couples.

Anyway, ignoring the obvious moral objections to pedophilia and sticking with the "gays cannot gain kids" issue, kids also cannot get any kids. This isn't even a matter of mental maturity, so the whole "Nowi is totally 1000 years old" angle is of no importance here. Pregnancy is entirely about the physical maturity. And yet they still gave her her own daughter, hardwired to her as her personal child..

Except Now was a teenager/young adult, despite her looks and behavior. Just because she was had the body of a tween doesn't prevent her from having children.

Yes, of course. The one I found is between Zero and the male player, who I assume to be the male Kamui/Corrin. Maybe I'm completely wrong, but that's what it says to me.

There is also a female player support assumedly with Zero, and it looks like it goes to S as well.

I checked the シャラ_プレイヤー女.txt file - Shara and player woman, and it has a S support section as well, though it is more subtle in its contents from what I can gleam. Obviously there is a support for the male Kamui/Corrin as well.

Strangely I haven't been able to find anything on the A+ supports, though.

But we know Kamui can't A+ or S support same sex characters...so either the name is wrong or the info is false.

Edited by BlueL