The Characters of Fire Emblem Fates [Spoiler]

Kirokan

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hweeeeh, so many characters...If there's one who looks like Priam or is Priam, I'll be pretty happy. I love the designs a lot.

I got tired of lurking about when it comes to this game, so I figured I'd join in too. How fun~

Saw Grey and my first reaction was "Holy shit Gaius what the hell are you doing here?"

It's kinda creepy,IS.

EDIT:If there's a ginger hair option for Corrin I'm going to make a file with Corrin as a ginger for a ginger haired Grey A.K.A. Ninja Gaius.

Edited by ShadowShine

Because making individual sibling supports for the children would probably be hell. Now they can just limit to Kanna's siblings and Shigure's siblings. We don't want Radiant Dawn style support conversations do we?

Oh, no, I trying to say, for example pick 6 women who as future children and 6 men who has future children, instead of having mostly women or men characters find out about future children. I must confess I haven't played Radiant Dawn. Sorry!

Hello! I poked around to see if this was asked, and didn't see anything, so I wanted to be the first!

For Tsukuyomi's daughter, would Shara or Syalla be more correct? I noticed that most places are spelling it as Shara, but this website was the first time I've seen it as Syalla.

Hello! I poked around to see if this was asked, and didn't see anything, so I wanted to be the first!

For Tsukuyomi's daughter, would Shara or Syalla be more correct? I noticed that most places are spelling it as Shara, but this website was the first time I've seen it as Syalla.

I had written it as Shara too, but within the text dump of the game, her name is curiously written as "Syalla."

(For those who have the text dump, checking the voice files gives you their romanized names. I still adjusted some of them though, but if their pronunciation was different enough (Dia and Deere, for instance), then I adjusted it.)

I had written it as Shara too, but within the text dump of the game, her name is curiously written as "Syalla."

(For those who have the text dump, checking the voice files gives you their romanized names. I still adjusted some of them though, but if their pronunciation was different enough (Dia and Deere, for instance), then I adjusted it.)

Note that Tharja's official name in Japan is "Sallya" (even if it's pronounced サーリャ). In fact, all three Hoshido expies are anagrams of their official Awakening names, the others being "Tiamo"-->"Matoi" (Cordelia) and "Guire"-->"Gurei" (Gaius). "Syalla" preserves that, even if "Shara" is better pronunciation-wise. Pick your priority.

I wonder if the way "Shara/Syalla" is written is a reference to Tharja's Japanese name, which I've heard was spelled "Sallya" or something like that.

EDIT: Wow, seriously, person above me?

Edited by Sunwoo

Note that Tharja's official name in Japan is "Sallya" (even if it's pronounced サーリャ). In fact, all three Hoshido expies are anagrams of their official Awakening names, the others being "Tiamo"-->"Matoi" (Cordelia) and "Guire"-->"Gurei" (Gaius). "Syalla" preserves that, even if "Shara" is better pronunciation-wise. Pick your priority.

Yep, I called her Sarya, but only now realized after you pointed that out that they used Sallya too. Hmm... I saw vincent was using Syalla, and got the idea to search the text dump for their romanization, to be consistent with him.

I personally like Shara better. Maybe I should make another category for "as romanized by the Japanese" to go alongside the adjusted ones. xD

Is there a thread with which chapters these characters are recruited on in each path?

Will be updating that as I and others go through. : ) Death quotes, starting classes, and all that will be included too.

I kind of hope the characters won't be too shallow in Fire Emblem: Fates, because we have so many of them I'm afraid we might have some issues like we did for Awakening, and some of the support conversations i've read so far doesn't really help to tick that possiblity off my mind.

Quite sad that they reuse Awakening characters, but I can live with it.

I kind of hope the characters won't be too shallow in Fire Emblem: Fates, because we have so many of them I'm afraid we might have some issues like we did for Awakening, and some of the support conversations i've read so far doesn't really help to tick that possiblity off my mind.

Quite sad that they reuse Awakening characters, but I can live with it.

Can't be any worse than Radiant Dawn was.

Can't be any worse than Radiant Dawn was.

Fair point, RD's supports probably were the worst in the series so far. The support system was however pretty nice.

Lutz ルッツ

Harold’s son. His partner dragon’s name is Michelle. Obedient and naive. He has insanely good luck.

Are we sure his dragon isn't actually named after Michalis? (Minerva's brother.)

Minerva's brother's name in Japanese is "ミシェイル" and is official romanized as "Misheil".

Are we sure his dragon isn't actually named after Michalis? (Minerva's brother.)

Minerva's brother's name in Japanese is "ミシェイル" and is official romanized as "Misheil".

I was wondering the same thing when I saw that yesterday.

Felicia's death quote (Classic mode):

"I'm sorry, Kamui-sama... I've always been...so clumsy... I can't help you in battle anymore...at least allow me to...stay with you until the end... I'll be... retreating now..."

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy