The Characters of Fire Emblem Fates [Spoiler]

Kirokan

Eh, is it really an on-going argument? Maybe I should step in...

[spoiler=Sumeragi]Yeah, pretty sure Sumeragi is the hooded man.

1. The Hooded Man is a Trueblade, which fits with Sumeragi,

2. Sumeragi has a CG in the 3rd route, where he's holding the True Ganglari.

Now wait just a minute here. So you mean Sumeragi's ALIVE?

Or is it just that he's one of those... weird things that appear as deceased people, if not the peeple themselves??

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now wait just a minute here. So you mean Sumeragi's ALIVE?

Or is it just that he's one of those... weird things that appear as deceased people, if not the peeple themselves??

No, he's dead. It's his corpse that has been brought back to life and is possessed by Hydra/Anankos

Crimson?:

So, if Kamui marries Crimson, and she dies, can he S support another unit then? What is the plot relevance to her death anyway?

Probably not until the 3rd route officially comes out

According to the person who was posting screenshots of the 3rd route on 4chan...

After Crimson dies, she even disappears from your support list, but you can't S rank another unit.

Anyway, I just realized that Gazak's design here- bald and with a headband (well, headmetal stripe) is likely a reference to his sprite in FE1, since the pirate sprites there look bald and with some kind of headband. I guess they did a throw back since the point of his cameo here is that he was the first boss, and so they went with the original FE1 design mixed with this game's fighter design, ignoring the redesigns from the remakes.

I just realized... Each side has a dead even 8-on-8 male-to-female ratio of compatible couples, while the neutral characters are 3-on-3. Since I'm playing as a guy, if I marry a first-gen lady, one of the guys will be forever alone and a child will be lost. This narrows down my choices to second-gen and first-gen chars that only support the avatar; however, this also makes it even harder to choose a wife because I was seriously considering some first-gen gals! In Awakening, this wasn't a problem because women bared the children and there were extra guys left over so you wouldn't miss out. If there was at least one extra compatible lady, then there would be no issues.

As an aside, I'm not the only one who sees Velour as a complete Red Riding Hood reference, right? The red hood, the fact she's a wolf... Pretty darn brilliant if you ask me.

According to the person who was posting screenshots of the 3rd route on 4chan...

After Crimson dies, she even disappears from your support list, but you can't S rank another unit.

Anyway, I just realized that Gazak's design here- bald and with a headband (well, headmetal stripe) is likely a reference to his sprite in FE1, since the pirate sprites there look bald and with some kind of headband. I guess they did a throw back since the point of his cameo here is that he was the first boss, and so they went with the original FE1 design mixed with this game's fighter design, ignoring the redesigns from the remakes.

That's..... really weird?

Again, what is even the plot relevance of Crimson's death? Apparently a shadow just kills her and it's never explained? There's something very strange about this tbh. I mean, is her death somehow preventable, or has every idea been used up on it? This just feels too odd to be right.

That's..... really weird?

Again, what is even the plot relevance of Crimson's death? Apparently a shadow just kills her and it's never explained? There's something very strange about this tbh. I mean, is her death somehow preventable, or has every idea been used up on it? This just feels too odd to be right.

do remember that since it's third route, even with hackers, not everything is known.

Edited by Aquakat

do remember that since it's third route, even with hackers, not everything is known.

This is true, but Crimson's death just seems so damn weird. I've yet to really hear 'why' it happens in the first place in Hoshido/3rd, and the fact that getting an S rank with her doesn't even save her is just baffling. I'd be fine if it was just 'supposed' to happen, but I'd like a decent reason as to 'why' it's supposed to happen. I assume that people will end up liking this character and using her, and for her to be killed off for no reason whatsoever in such a mysterious way is just....strange, frankly. I mean, sure, she doesn't have many support options, but it's still odd.

Edited by Shroob

So when I go Nohr, I'm gonna waifu Camilla and I know I'm gonna have an easy time because she looks like she's insane stat-wise

However when I go Hoshido I'm gonna waifu Orochi. Seeing her stats with a 15% base speed growth and a 30% total and very low defenses (just what the hell, IS), just tell me people who have played the game: How screwed am I? By the way I'm going Hard/Classic on both runs.

So when I go Nohr, I'm gonna waifu Camilla and I know I'm gonna have an easy time because she looks like she's insane stat-wise

However when I go Hoshido I'm gonna waifu Orochi. Seeing her stats with a 15% base speed growth and a 30% total and very low defenses (just what the hell, IS), just tell me people who have played the game: How screwed am I? By the way I'm going Hard/Classic on both runs.

Hard Classic Nohr... my Camilla really didn't turn out too great. xD Was fine at first, but then just went downhill. Orochi took some babying but eventually go to be a useful unit, though still with poor defense.

Camilla is arguably one of the better units, you're hardly screwed and her support skills work well with the avatar's Nohr skill they make a rather nasty pair. No qualms in that regard, yeah she is a pre-promote but she is a solid all around and comes with very useful skills to abuse without any effort.

As for Orochi well I would hardly worry since you have free grinding in Hoshido, so you can always compensate using that.

Edited by Devola

Grinding is more problematic simply because the exp system "appears to have been changed"

The exp you get drops rather drastically for being overleveled, so trying to simply stuff more levels into your character isn't going to work.

I suppose you could still grind Dragonvein points (1 per map I think?) and gold, and weapon levels, and support points, and simply stash your inventories to the brim

I also need to double check the class of the hooded man though

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Grinding is more problematic simply because the exp system "appears to have been changed"

The exp you get drops rather drastically for being overleveled, so trying to simply stuff more levels into your character isn't going to work.

I suppose you could still grind Dragonvein points (1 per map I think?) and gold, and weapon levels, and support points, and simply stash your inventories to the brim

I also need to double check the class of the hooded man though

Hooded Man is a Trueblade, yeah.

[spoiler=Data]Trueblade Level ?

HP +20

STR +18

MAG +0

SKL +20

SPD +18

LCK -4

DEF +20

RES +13

Sword A

No skills

Whoa, you have to fight this guy in Chapter 5?

EDIT: Level 10

Edited by VincentASM

Thank you very much. I'm not sure how much I can do with it right now though

You transform into a dragon, you pretty much have like 20+ in all stats in the fight thanks to perma transform, a 15 MT weapon, 30 str or so (though not sure if the weapon runs off str, but I think you have 20-25 mag or so anyway). The only real threat is your allies dying, or taking about four hits from wyrmslayers

Anyway let me give a big thanks to Vincent of course, I wouldn't have been able to say so many things nor do my 20edits/day without you, fufufufu

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Hard Classic Nohr... my Camilla really didn't turn out too great. xD Was fine at first, but then just went downhill. Orochi took some babying but eventually go to be a useful unit, though still with poor defense.

Camilla is arguably one of the better units, you're hardly screwed and her support skills work well with the avatar's Nohr skill they make a rather nasty pair. No qualms in that regard, yeah she is a pre-promote but she is a solid all around and comes with very useful skills to abuse without any effort.

As for Orochi well I would hardly worry since you have free grinding in Hoshido, so you can always compensate using that.

Ahh right, both grinding in Hoshido and RNG in Nohr are a thing. RNG always makes things much more interesting

YxZ4xMP.png

I still have good 8 months to worry about that, though. I hope they keep the facerubbing as it is on the western release and include Dual Audio.

So I just saw...

On 3rd Route, Crimson gets revived and is forced to fight against your units later on in the story.... but why?

considering the other zombie characters mentioned, i'm not too surprised. Probably for the emotional kick for the characters. It's a common writing trick, and it can work stupidly well.

Shigure's hair color is fixed since hair color in this game is determined by the mother.

What about Midoriko?

She has the green hair in all the pictures, but that'd be her fathers haircolour.

Although considering her name, fixed green hair would make sense.

Is Azura a step-sibling to the Nohrian siblings as Kamui is to the Hoshidan siblings?

Yes. Her mother is Garon's second wife. Marx/Xander's mother is Garon's first wife. Camilla, Leon, and Elise are all the children of separate concubines.