"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When it comes to re-classing, what are the options you're given at the beginning of the game? For example, if it lets you choose specific bases, such as Spellcaster and Dark Mage.

Are some character's supports limited like Sumia's? And do some characters have supports with the Avatar only (like Anna and Tiki)? If so, which ones?

I can answer the last question.

Yuugiri, Crimson, Asyura, Yukimura, Izana, Fuuga, Flora and Anna.

In regards to story deaths on the Nohr path, and how they die. These ones are unavoidable. (obviously huge spoilers)

Ryouma commits hardcore seppuku because he'd rather die then be captured after you beat him, Takumi dies to some strange magic, and Lilith always dies protecting you.

Edited by Archipago

Are some character's supports limited like Sumia's? And do some characters have supports with the Avatar only (like Anna and Tiki)? If so, which ones?

Gunther only has support options with the Avatar and Jacob

In regards to story deaths on the Nohr path, and how they die. These ones are unavoidable. (obviously huge spoilers)

Ryouma commits hardcore seppuku because he'd rather die then be captured after you beat him, Takumi dies to some strange magic, and Lilith always dies protecting you.

Question in regards to that spoiler:

Does that mean Lilith dies even on the 3rd route? Or is her fate in the 3rd route unknown?

It looks like Draj was recruited this way if I'm not mistaken.

I think that's just speculation so far, based on those two bandit bosses being recruitable through capture and Draj having many emotion variations for her portrait. There aren't any screenshots of Draj as a playable character so far though, so I don't think anyone has actually attempted to capture her yet.

Edited by NeonZ

I think that's just speculation so far, based on those two bandit bosses being recruitable through capture and Draj having many emotion variations for her portrait. There aren't any screenshots of Draj as a playable character so far though, so I don't think anyone has actually attempted to capture her yet.

Well, she was the boss from Midoriko's gaiden or something like that, right?

Yes, she's the boss in Midoriko's gaiden chapter. Also, your previous question was answered in the topic about generics (they don't keep their inventory).

Thanks. Well, that's too bad.

At least generics are ought to be fun on Lunatic and maybe Lunatic+ if it still exists.

I have three questions pertaining to staffs:

1. Are the ranges of certain staffs (i.e. Physic, Rescue) still determined by Mag/2, or are they determined by a different factor?
  2. Are there any new staffs? I would imagine there are a few that could cure or cause status effects, since these effects seem to play a role in the game.
  3. How useful are Rescue staffs? I remember in Awakening, the staff was a godsend in Severa's Paralogue. Is there any situation in the game that calls for this staff? For instance, would the Nohr campaign require it? After all, the Treehouse preview showed our units being split up into three different factions.

Question in regards to that spoiler:

Does that mean Lilith dies even on the 3rd route? Or is her fate in the 3rd route unknown?

Sources seem to have found that Lilith also dies on the 3rd route as well. Seems she was simply destined to die no matter what. :/

Edited by Archipago

1. Are the ranges of certain staffs (i.e. Physic, Rescue) still determined by Mag/2, or are they determined by a different factor?
  2. Are there any new staffs? I would imagine there are a few that could cure or cause status effects, since these effects seem to play a role in the game.
  3. How useful are Rescue staffs? I remember in Awakening, the staff was a godsend in Severa's Paralogue. Is there any situation in the game that calls for this staff? For instance, would the Nohr campaign require it? After all, the Treehouse preview showed our units being split up into three different factions.

1: From what I've seen so far, the ranges are fixed

2: There are probably a few other, the only one I can confirm is freeze staff. Frozen units can't move for a turn (and apparently lose 20 avoid for the turn as well)

3: Not sure. Nobody has actually used one yet, they're too expensive I believe (aside from the normal heals, pretty much everything else costs about a 1000G per use or so.)

Long Range healing appears to be nerfed significantly, not only do they cost 1000G a heal as well, they seem to heal pretty pathetic amounts

Do the character supports still refer to the characters original class?

(What I mean by this is, for example, all of tharja's supports talked about her using hexes and doing sorcery, even if she wasn't a sorcerer, and all of Donnel's made it seem like he was still a villiager even if he happens to now be a maxed stat dread fighter)

1.Is there a way to grind in the Nohr version?

2.Can you change outfits of people or can you only add/change accessories? (I dislike Kamui's outfit)

3.Is there a monocle in this game?

4.Are you able to recruit your old characters from different playtroughs like in Awakening? (So more Kamuis?)

5.Can Kamui change to all classes like the Avatar of Awakening?

Edit: corrected a few spelling mistakes and added 1 question.

Edited by DarkFQ

1.Is there a way to grind in the Nohr version?
So far, only for resources, not experience, by visiting other My Castles. Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if there's grinding DLC in the future that changes that.

2.Can you change outfits of people or can you only add/change accessories? (I dislike Kamui's outfit)
It seems like the only outfit that can be changed are their underclothes, otherwise only accessories. Of course, class changing will change the outfits of their models, like usual.

4.Are you able to recruit your old characters from different playtroughs like in Awakening? (So more Kamuis?)
Yes. In fact, now every character can be recorded. There's a menu at the end of the game where you can save 5 characters and then you just need to buy them in the Einherjar store.

5.Can Kamui change to all classes like the Avatar of Awakening?
Kind of. You can choose one other class line for him in the beginning. You also gain more class lines by achieving A level supports with other characters and using the Buddy Seal (Only Kamui though, other characters need S or A+ supports).
Edited by NeonZ

Yes. In fact, now every character can be recorded. There's a menu at the end of the game where you can save 5 characters and then you just need to buy them in the Einherjar store.

Can you record the same character multiple times?

1. The Ranges are fixed and displayed on the staff description.

2. Quite a few, I've seen ones that reduce enemies stats by 4 temporarily, one that halves Max HP for the rest of the chapter and one that warps an enemy from 1-7 tiles away to right next to the user kind of like rescue (and I've had to reset because of that once)

3. It's about as useful but you can't use it as often, considering what I think is the Rescue Staff only has 2 uses and is a Hoshido Staff, you get one from a chest in the Nohr Campaign I'm not too sure if you can get any more.

1: From what I've seen so far, the ranges are fixed

2: There are probably a few other, the only one I can confirm is freeze staff. Frozen units can't move for a turn (and apparently lose 20 avoid for the turn as well)

3: Not sure. Nobody has actually used one yet, they're too expensive I believe (aside from the normal heals, pretty much everything else costs about a 1000G per use or so.)

Long Range healing appears to be nerfed significantly, not only do they cost 1000G a heal as well, they seem to heal pretty pathetic amounts

1. The Ranges are fixed and displayed on the staff description.

2. Quite a few, I've seen ones that reduce enemies stats by 4 temporarily, one that halves Max HP for the rest of the chapter and one that warps an enemy from 1-7 tiles away to right next to the user kind of like rescue (and I've had to reset because of that once)

3. It's about as useful but you can't use it as often, considering what I think is the Rescue Staff only has 2 uses and is a Hoshido Staff, you get one from a chest in the Nohr Campaign I'm not too sure if you can get any more.

Thank you for your responses! But wow, it seems like staffs have gotten considerably nerfed. I guess that means that staff grinding is going to be a pretty fruitless (and exorbitant) endeavor, haha.

It's a bit disappointing that staffs are so expensive. Your answer tells me that there's a wide variety of staffs now, but I probably won't get to use them (especially in the Nohr campaign, given the limited money). I hope they have another gold DLC, haha.