"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

This is a stupid question but I have to be sure,

Is the online one where both people can control their respective team and battle in turns (like xcoms online play) or is it just awakening style

Also if a unit dies in an online game on classic do they do a casual and retreat or are they dead. And if there is player vs player online if one player is playing phoenix will there units keep respawning or will they be put into casual/classic rules.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are both styles. The actual online versus is only 5 vs 5, while skirmishes against the CPU is done with larger teams. I think in the skirmishes vs CPU your current setting applies, while against another player both are similar to casual mode (those deaths won't count, but no one keeps respawning in phoenix mode).

Edited by NeonZ

Another question,

I read that the dragon vein bridges and all that dont last long, so can a unit fall to their death or something similar because of dragon vein or will the game just not allow it?

The sadist in me must know

Edited by Mackc2

To those who have read the spoilers of the third path: will we be getting ALL units from both routes, or will some just not show up? I don't want any names or spoilers, just a simple answer and maybe numbers if they can be provided.

Edit: I came up with two more:

(very minor spoilers)

When and how do you recruit Anna and Flora?

Edited by Thane

Just one question (Story Spoiler !!!)

I read somewhere that Aqua dies in some path. I project to marry Kamui and Aqua so I just want to know if she survives in one path or not.

She dies in the end of both the Nohr and Hoshido routes. However, in the 3ed route she not only lives, but has changes to her S-support to reflect this. In her confession in the 3ed route it is implied that she somehow remembers/knows that the two of them were forced to part in the end, and says that in this world she thinks they will finally be able to find happiness.

To those who have read the spoilers of the third path: will we be getting ALL units from both routes, or will some just not show up? I don't want any names or spoilers, just a simple answer and maybe numbers if they can be provided.

Based on a recent post from a member here, it sounds like only 2 or 3 units don't join (permanently) in the third route.

Based on a recent post from a member here, it sounds like only 2 or 3 units don't join (permanently) in the third route.

Hmpf, sounds like the third route will be superior to the two original routes in every way honestly, aside from those who really want the challenging gameplay of Nohr. Thanks for telling me though!

Now I just need to know...

How to recruit Anna and Flora.

Edited by Thane

How many class can you choose for Kamui at the beginning?

Are you free to choose what you want or you can't get some class?

Now that we know that same sex relationship can't have children what about the rumor they have a bigger bonus than straight relationship?

Edited by exizel

No, they don't have personal skills, only class skills. Lucina, Marth and Ike all have their own legendary weapons though(Falchion, Parallel Falchion, Ragnel) that can't removed from their inventory and given to other characters. I don't know if Robin has something similar.

Haven't seen any screenshots but the text dump shows the existence of a special Thoron tome next to the legendary swords, it probably works the same way. Thoron isn't a regularly obtainable tome in the main game.

I have one small question. Are map narrations back in this game? I did't realise I would miss them, but I felt something was off about them not being in Awakening.

You mean the story text that would explain the plot as you approach your destination in the previous games? No, that is still absent. Like Awakening, you choose a chapter and then plot happens.

Now I just need to know...

Spoiler ()

I know one but not the other.

Flora - She will appear as an optional My Castle battle starting in Ch. 19 on Nohr. Beat her and you get her.

I have my own Support Convo question:

Can the children characters S-support each other like in Awakening? If so, does the game prevent you from pairing first cousins (like if the daughter of Hinoka or Sakura marries Shinonome or Kisaragi)?

Edited by Sky Soldier

I'll put that thing in spoilers, so...

Apparently, Ryoma will come after you if you don't choose Hoshido (Nohr or the 3rd path). So, does that mean he's only recruitable in the Birthright campaign?

Eventually everyone will be recruitable in the 3ed route. Its just that in the 3ed route some characters will me your enemy until later in the story.

I have my own Support Convo question:

Can the children characters S-support each other like in Awakening? If so, does the game prevent you from pairing first cousins (like if the daughter of Hinoka or Sakura marries Shinonome or Kisaragi)?

Yep, they can S support. I don't think that they'll stop you, since apparently Saizou and Suzukaze's kids can S support. They might try a 'companions' thing like Lucina/Owain for the localization, though.

What are the weapon triangle calculations this time around?

Do you need to raise your weapon rank in order to get a worthwhile weapon triangle advantage like in Awakening?

Are the terrain advantages the same as Awakening?

Are there any difficulty spikes where the enemy units suddenly have way higher stats then they normally had?

What are the weapon triangle calculations this time around?

Do you need to raise your weapon rank in order to get a worthwhile weapon triangle advantage like in Awakening?

Are the terrain advantages the same as Awakening?

Are there any difficulty spikes where the enemy units suddenly have way higher stats then they normally had?

Last question: Er..it's hard to say since there aren't that many screens, but in terms of stats, there a fairly memorable chapter in Hoshido (Hoshido 14) where there's a group of 20str/def enemies waiting behind a chokepoint at the top of the map. There's dragonvein shenanigans but 20str enemies still hurt.

Is it possible to change Aqua/Azura into a Pegasus Warrior with a parallel seal? Or is the parallel seal unusable by her before she can change straight into a promoted class?

Edited by NeonZ

Is it possible to change Aqua/Azura into a Pegasus Warrior with a parallel seal? Or is the parallel seal unusable by her before she can change straight into a promoted class?

I have the game, it is possible to change her into a Pegasus Warrior with a parallel seal. Once she reaches level 30? (It may be 20) The parallel seal will change her into the promoted versions of the Pegasus Warrior. (The Falcon Knight and Golden Phoenix Class) Aqua's level cap is at 40.

How does class sets work in this game, as I have been hearing lots about how apparently characters get the class sets of whoever they S support with but can't find any direction explanation of how it works. And what happens with characters like Azura who have a unique class or the beaststone characters?

How does class sets work in this game, as I have been hearing lots about how apparently characters get the class sets of whoever they S support with but can't find any direction explanation of how it works. And what happens with characters like Azura who have a unique class or the beaststone characters?

Married units can change to the other's base class with a special seal. I'm not entirely certain how it works for people with unique classes, or the transforming units. I do know that for Kamui, you choose a base class at character creation so that's what your spouse gets.