"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

Okay, so it is a lot more than one thing, but here are some questions I'd had.

1.Third path. I have a lot of questions about it but want to avoid spoilers. For one I wanted to know if you could grind or gain xp outside of story missions or if you are locked in like in Nohr.

2.Sword/Katana. I know they count as the same for many purposes, but can you equip, say, a trueblade with a sword or a spellcaster with a tome?

3.I keep hearing about the multiplayer. I know you can invade a castle or efend a castle, but from the sounds of it you can also play against one another? Is that correct? Two live players!?

That's good for now, many thanks!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, how do the differences between Hoshido and Nohr work?

Does Hoshido have a world map? If not is the difference between the two just experience gain?

And, if we know, does the Third Path work like Hosido or Nohr?

Edited by Weebos

So, how do the differences between Hoshido and Nohr work?

Does Hoshido have a world map? If not is the difference between the two just experience gain?

And, if we know, does the Third Path work like Hosido or Nohr?

1. What do you mean exactly telling the difference between Hoshido and Nohr?

2. To put this simply, Hoshido has the option where you fight battles with gold. The more expensive the G is, the more experience you get. Nohr does not have this option.

3. Unfortunately since I am not a hacker, I don't know to that question. But, we can assume there may be a mixture of both elements.

Edited by Whitelock

Is dark magic present in this game? (Sorry for spamming, but I don't think anyone answered my question.)

There's at least one in the form of nosferatu. Also, the witch dlc class has the shadowgift skill, so there are probably many other dark tomes.

Hoshidan endgame spoilers

What's up with this spotpass character thing? At the end of the Maurice Nohr stream I saw that you're allowed to select 5 characters from the Nohr route to take with you into the Hoshido route. They said they show up via Spotpass. One of these options was Marx which I guess means he can join your team at one point if you beat Nohr first? Does anyone know how this is implemented? Does he just... show up in my Castle with no dialogue options? Or is there a spot-pass paralogue like in Awakening, with special supports?

Edited by CatskillEagle

No supports for the guest characters, and you have to pay for them to join too, similar to guest avatars in Awakening, but now you can take other characters too, not just the avatar itself. Storywise, I think they're basically summoned Einherjar like the past game characters in Awakening, considering the store where it's done.

There's no out of place blue aura and they aren't mute though. You see their card portrait while buying them in the store or saving them, but in the game itself they look normal too, only with a blue shield on the map sprite.

Edited by NeonZ

Don't know if this has been asked yet, but are there any free spotpass DLC characters like Awakening? I haven't been keeping up with datamines because I'm trying to avoid spoilers.

Oh, and what about those TCG DLC character codes, is there a map connected to each character like the Amiibo?

Wait are you sure? I wasn't thinking about amiibos or anything like that. I was thinking about whether you can spare Marx and Elise in the Hoshido path, or have them join later like Emmerynn. What you described sounds... bad. Like you're just recruiting their ghosts.

No supports for the guest characters, and you have to pay for them to join too, similar to guest avatars in Awakening, but now you can take other characters too, not just the avatar itself. Storywise, I think they're basically summoned Einherjar like the past game characters in Awakening, considering the store where it's done.

There's no out of place blue aura and they aren't mute though. You see their card portrait while buying them in the store or saving them, but in the game itself they look normal too, only with a blue shield on the map sprite.

Wait are you sure? I wasn't thinking about amiibos or anything like that. I was thinking about whether you can spare Marx and Elise in the Hoshido path, or have them join later like Emmerynn. What you described sounds... bad. Like you're just recruiting their ghosts.

I mentioned the Amiibo because both them and the registered units are marked with "blue shields" in their map sprites and treated in similar ways by the game. Same goes to the captured/recruited common enemies and bosses.

The registered units are basically summons or copies. If you register Marx, it doesn't mean that you'll get the Marx that you're facing in the Hoshido story. It means that when you have enough money you can buy a Marx card and summon an Einherjar version of him with the same stats that he had in the recorded game. This has no impact in the story, and your summoned Marx won't have supports and such outside of his original save file. He still has his voice, generic quotes and such though. He won't stay silent like the summons in Awakening after joining your party.

I might've seen this asked earlier, but... Was Nosferatu noifed?

EDIT: Does Kanna's starting class depend on the spouse, like Morgan's did in Awakening? And for that matter, what is her starting class if you marry Felicia?

Edited by Levant Colthearts

I might've seen this asked earlier, but... Was Nosferatu noifed?

According to the weapons thread:

Nosferatu (リザイア): D-rank / 7 Mt / 70 Hit / 0 Crit / -20 Avo / 1-2 range / 4000 G

Mage classes only. Absorbs HP; cannot double attack; cannot critical

According to the weapons thread:

Nosferatu (リザイア): D-rank / 7 Mt / 70 Hit / 0 Crit / -20 Avo / 1-2 range / 4000 G

Mage classes only. Absorbs HP; cannot double attack; cannot critical

It still absorbs half HP only though. Otherwise the rest is correct, though the "Mage classes only" is complicated, not sure

It still absorbs half HP only though. Otherwise the rest is correct, though the "Mage classes only" is complicated, not sure

I assume that means Dark Mages/Sorcerers only, and possibly (hopefully) extends to Dark Knights. The Japanese description literally says "mage classes only".

Can we change Kamui's color scheme? Really, just the cape's dark blue would be fine. I like the color, but it wouldn't go well with some of the hair colors Kamui can have, at least for me.

Kamui, when promoted in Hoshido, changes to a white and gold color scheme. The portrait stays the same though. The reclass options are all blue. (Except for basara, which naturally is leopard print)

If you mean their portrait? No.

Edited by gayserbeam

Gameplay question:

I know that S/A+ only gives the primary class of each character to each other, but what if the two character share a primary class? For example, if I A+ Camilla to Belka, would I receive Fighter on Camilla since they share a primary class, or would the A+ be stat bonuses only and give no class?

I'm trying to get as many female berserkers as possible