"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

3 questions about post-game content, the last one in spoiler box. NO spoiler please.:

1) Do both games have post-game content?

2) Is it more or less unlimited

I hear certain character deaths are unavoidable. Can these characters who die due to the storyline in each path can be resurrected post-game or do they stay dead? I really hope the former so it's possible to still complete their support logs.

Also, a last question:

4) Is any DLC like EXPonential growth present or at least announced?

Edited by BlueL

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is really minor, but Hoshidan spells and Nohrian tomes are pretty much the same type of weapon, right?

But in the videos I saw, their attack animations are really different, so I want to know, how are the animations for when Hoshidans use Nohr tomes, and when Nohrian uses Hoshido spells?

Sorry if it is a stupid question, but it has been nagging me for days.

Online mode? Literally no footage of this long-awaited mode that everyone's been asking for. What is everyone doing that not one person (as far as I know) has recorded this mode yet? Rubbing their waifus?

3 questions about post-game content, the last one in spoiler box. NO spoiler please.:

1) Do both games have post-game content?

2) Is it more or less unlimited

I hear certain character deaths are unavoidable. Can these characters who die due to the storyline in each path can be resurrected post-game or do they stay dead? I really hope the former so it's possible to still complete their support logs.

Also, a last question:

1. There is no norh postgame it just puts you at the screen before the final battle and you can mess with my castle but my castle gives no exp in norh 2 you can grind to your hearts content in hoshido 3. There are a few characters that die in certain paths and only one comes back, and only on the norh side. Otherwise you just have to get the supports before they croak. There is however 1 character in particular who just doesn't die if you manage to A rank support with him.

The leaked names of the DLC had some which seem like they'd be grinding maps, although I don't think those have actually been confirmed (they weren't downloaded by people, unlike the others).

1. There is no norh postgame it just puts you at the screen before the final battle and you can mess with my castle but my castle gives no exp in norh 2 you can grind to your hearts content in hoshido 3. There are a few characters that die in certain paths and only one comes back, and only on the norh side. Otherwise you just have to get the supports before they croak. There is however 1 character in particular who just doesn't die if you manage to A rank support with him.

Agh. Thanks for responding. Follow-up questions:

1) As a follow-up to my 3rd question, Is there ever any point in each route where you have all the recruitable characters alive on your team? Because if so I'll probably just make save file of that moment that I'll use for the DLC to grind supports.

2) I saw in the preview you have to pay for grinding opportunities in Hoshido. Is that true post game as well?

The leaked names of the DLC had some which seem like they'd be grinding maps, although I don't think those have actually been confirmed (they weren't downloaded by people, unlike the others).

I hope so. I want a quick way to be able to grind for supports and since grinding isn't possible at all in Nohr, something like EXPonential growth would be awesome.

I have a few questions about class inheritance.

1. Is Villager an inheritable class line this time around?

2. Can Garou, Fox Spirit, and Dark Prince/Princess class lines be inherited by anybody other than Velour, Kinu, and Kanna, respectively? The former two really only apply to Kanna and Shigure, but the latter could potentially be anybody.

Agh. Thanks for responding. Follow-up questions:

1) As a follow-up to my 3rd question, Is there ever any point in each route where you have all the recruitable characters alive on your team? Because if so I'll probably just make save file of that moment that I'll use for the DLC to grind supports.

2) I saw in the preview you have to pay for grinding opportunities in Hoshido. Is that true post game as well?

I hope so. I want a quick way to be able to grind for supports and since grinding isn't possible at all in Nohr, something like EXPonential growth would be awesome.

You can grind supports in streetpass battles in Nohr. You just get no exp, you can still get support points.

Slightly off topic, while a EXP for Nohr "would be nice", it'd kinda break the idea of "no unlimited grinding for exp in Nohr"

1: Regarding recruitable characters, they don't die off. There's only two instances of characters you get dying, one can be prevented, the other can't, so the point you get all recruitable characters is when you recruited the last character you can.

What I mean is, aside from two cases, characters die. These deaths are either

A: Enemy character dies. It doesn't count since they're not a "your" unit

B: NPC character dies. Same concept, just that it's a NPC

I think that's it though, I hope I clarified this.

2: There is no proper postgame AFAIK. You always pay gold to summon additional grinding maps (I believe, but it's just hearsay, that story progression opens some free grinding maps as well)

This is really minor, but Hoshidan spells and Nohrian tomes are pretty much the same type of weapon, right?
But in the videos I saw, their attack animations are really different, so I want to know, how are the animations for when Hoshidans use Nohr tomes, and when Nohrian uses Hoshido spells?
Sorry if it is a stupid question, but it has been nagging me for days.

To the best of my ability, I do recall Leo casting a spell, basically Spells are "Fans", and they seem to have their own animation, so I'd assume that magic casters have separate animations for Spells and Tomes.

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

I haven't followed the game's development one bit, but today I've decided to skim the character list and I've gotta ask a couple of questions

When I saw not-Inigo, Owen and Severa I laughed heartily, but apparently they are supposed to be the actual Awakening characters? How does that work in the plot?

Also, I see in the Hoshido side the lookalikes are children characters and look like A's Gen1 characters. Is there a reason for that?

When I saw not-Inigo, Owen and Severa I laughed heartily, but apparently they are supposed to be the actual Awakening characters? How does that work in the plot?

It's not really part of the plot, just mentioned many times, directly or indirectly, in their supports, especially with each other. It's relevant for their characters even in supports with other people though, even if indirectly. For example, even supports that don't mention Awakening stuff directly often mention that they aren't from Nohr, but were scouted due to their abilities, or that they're planning to leave Nohr in the future. They actually did a great job incorporating those elements into their characters. Inigo's supports here especially seem generally better than his Awakening ones.

Also, I see in the Hoshido side the lookalikes are children characters and look like A's Gen1 characters. Is there a reason for that?

That's just fanservice. Two of Shara's (Tharja lookalike) supports with Kamui mention that she believes she'll reincarnate alongside Kamui in another life, or that they are the reincarnation of people who met in another life, and people take that to mean she's talking about Tharja and Robin, but it stops at that, without any actual confirmation.

Edited by NeonZ

It's not really part of the plot, just mentioned many times, directly or indirectly, in their supports, especially with each other. It's relevant for their characters even in supports with other people though, even if indirectly. For example, even supports that don't mention Awakening stuff directly often mention that they aren't from Nohr, but were scouted due to their abilities, or that they're planning to leave Nohr in the future. They actually did a great job incorporating those elements into their characters. Inigo's supports here especially seem generally better than his Awakening ones.

That's just fanservice. Two of Shara's (Tharja lookalike) supports with Kamui mention that she believes she'll reincarnate alongside Kamui in another life, or that they are the reincarnation of people who met in another life, and people take that to mean she's talking about Tharja and Robin, but it stops at that, without any actual confirmation.

Thanks man. So I guess with all the talk about "leaving Nohr" they're implying they got there by dimension-fuckey or something which is fine by me, I thought it was more like "here these characters, they look like Awakening characters, is there a reason or maybe we're just lazy? You'll never know!".

The second ones feel much more lazy though, even if it's tongue in cheek they're basically recycling the same anime tropes for zany supports and whatever. I guess Tharja is now FE's Lightning and we'll have to expect an iteration every new game.

I have a few questions about class inheritance.

1. Is Villager an inheritable class line this time around?

2. Can Garou, Fox Spirit, and Dark Prince/Princess class lines be inherited by anybody other than Velour, Kinu, and Kanna, respectively? The former two really only apply to Kanna and Shigure, but the latter could potentially be anybody.

1. Villager is barely even a special class anymore, so probably.

2. Yes and you can buy fox ears and tails in the level 2 accessory shop to make them look the part. Shigure doesn't get Dark Prince naturally though.

Edited by gayserbeam

Levin Swords exist, how to get them is a different thing though.

Lol, still cool but not really what i'm looking for. Thx for the answer though.

Can we possibly reclass characters to any of the Ammibo classes? I believe you can get an item which allows you to become a Lodestar class, personally I'd love to get the vanguard class for a possible Ike run, it looks bad***. Or perhaps another tactician run.

Edited by Shadow Knight

You can grind supports in streetpass battles in Nohr. You just get no exp, you can still get support points.

Slightly off topic, while a EXP for Nohr "would be nice", it'd kinda break the idea of "no unlimited grinding for exp in Nohr"

1: Regarding recruitable characters, they don't die off. There's only two instances of characters you get dying, one can be prevented, the other can't, so the point you get all recruitable characters is when you recruited the last character you can.

What I mean is, aside from two cases, characters die. These deaths are either

A: Enemy character dies. It doesn't count since they're not a "your" unit

B: NPC character dies. Same concept, just that it's a NPC

I think that's it though, I hope I clarified this.

2: There is no proper postgame AFAIK. You always pay gold to summon additional grinding maps (I believe, but it's just hearsay, that story progression opens some free grinding maps as well)

Oh I guess I should have elaborated: I don't want EXPonential growth-like map for the purpose of quick leveling. the reason I liked EXPonential growth was due to the map's gimmick (it won't last more than like 7-8 turns) and the handful of shiny tiles, it's an excellent way of quickly raising supports for a small number of units and ensuring those select units build up support points. All with almost no strategy required aside from avoiding Counter. The EXP was just icing on the cake.

1) Ok well that's nice to know. I've been avoiding spoilers (still am) but when I heard some people mention unavoidable character deaths, it made me paranoid that you'd be losing like a half-a-dozen units and that it would happen sporadically throughout the game. That's much needed stress relief. Thanks

2) Cool. In case it's not true about there being any free grinding maps, is it possible to get gold on these paid-for grinding maps so that you can recoup what you lost? In other words how do you get money post-game so you can keep on grinding (for supports in my case. I'm aware there's a level cap).

Another question:

Is the Delphi Shield an item or a skill in this game? When is it available and can you get more than 1?

Edited by BlueL

Spoilers about Mikoto and Kamui's supports with the Hoshido siblings below!

In Takumi's S-support with Kamui, he says that Mikoto has the power to see the future. That's how I translated it as, and I saw someone else's translation and they say the same thing. Can Mikoto really see the future, or is this metaphorical in the 'mothers understand their children' way?

So, I'm back with a few more questions about class inheritance, this time concerning specific pairings.

First off, with Arthur x Belka, does Lutz inherit the Cavalier class set? By the logic used to pick class sets for children, Lutz would first inherit the Fighter class set from Arthur, but this would leave him with both of Belka's class sets already. I'm assuming Lutz does inherit the Cavalier class set, but I just want to be sure.

Secondly, has anybody figured out if Eponine gets a third class set if her mother is Nyx? Since Zero and Nyx have the same two class sets between them, I don't know what she would inherit for a third class set.

Spoilers about Mikoto and Kamui's supports with the Hoshido siblings below!

In Takumi's S-support with Kamui, he says that Mikoto has the power to see the future. That's how I translated it as, and I saw someone else's translation and they say the same thing. Can Mikoto really see the future, or is this metaphorical in the 'mothers understand their children' way?

BIG THIRD PATH SPOILER

With Kamui being the child of Mikoto and Hydra, it's possible that Mikoto actually has this precognition, seeing how Hydra can see the future.

But I've no clue to Mikoto's exact relationship to Hydra.

I just realised this, but have we actually gotten a name for the continent/world that Fates takes place in? After scouring google (ie looking at the first page, see that most of the results are about that Soleil support and immediately backing off) and the wiki, there is no particular mention of it anywhere.

I just realised this, but have we actually gotten a name for the continent/world that Fates takes place in? After scouring google (ie looking at the first page, see that most of the results are about that Soleil support and immediately backing off) and the wiki, there is no particular mention of it anywhere.

I don't think it's been mentioned anywhere. All we've got are the names of different kingdoms and regions. It really makes one wonder why it hasn't been mentioned.

And considering all of the reincarnation shenanigans...

Another question:

Is the Delphi Shield an item or a skill in this game? When is it available and can you get more than 1?

There's a skill that negates effective damage against fliers and grants them terrain bonuses. I don't know if you can get more than one. I was wondering that myself . . .