"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

I'll ask again to see if anyone knows, but are there more dark tomes besides Nosferatu? I ask because the Witch class has shadowgift which sounds really cool.... if only there were more spells to use. I can't see a heavily nerfed Nosferatu being worth spending a skill on.

There aren't any others as of now and Nosferatu is the only one, but I think Vincent said he found an empty file in the code for tomes with the name "Mire". Considering Witches are DLC and they get shadowgift I'm going to go out on a limb here and say maybe the dlc they come with might come with mire or maybe some other dark tomes. I mean it seems like they aren't hesitant at all about throwing new items and stuff in through the dlc this time around. As we can see from those seals that promote people into Lucina's or Marth's class.

Edited by weeaboo simulator

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do stat reductions apply in attack stance for the dual strike partner if they use something like a Silver or the S-rank weapons like Hagakure?

Likewise, are skills like Line of Death still valid in influencing dual strike power?

(Minor?) Birthright and Conquest spoilers, question about the third path:

Does Lilith survive this time around? I sort of want her to join my army, but since they haven't found her amie model, I realize it won't happen.

Speaking of which, does Flora join naturally in the third route, or is it convoluted like in Conquest?

I know it wasn't possible in Awakening, but can the skills granted by DLC classes be inherited by the children in Fates?

Mostly interested in Aether and Speed Drain, as given by the Great Lord and Lodestar seals from the Awakening DLC, but knowing about the Dark Falcon and Dread Fighter skills would help my planning; and I'd assume they work the same way, as well.

Thanks!

I have an amiibo related question. I'm currently playing with Robin and Lucina and I'm wondering if they can class up. Robin just hit level 20 without maxing, so I assume probably not...

Do stat reductions apply in attack stance for the dual strike partner if they use something like a Silver or the S-rank weapons like Hagakure?

I'm curious about this too. I know that if your attack partner in Attack Stance uses a debuff weapon, the enemy's stats still get reduced but I'm curious to see if the self debuffs still affect the user.

Edited by Magician Lugh

I have many questions.

Regarding the third path, is there a world map or grinding?

In the third path, are ALL characters recruitable?

Post game, I hear there is nothing to do. Do you have the option to save after you beat the game and play the final chapter over and over again in Nohr? Or is it just My Castle and DLC stuff?

What are the DLC classes, and are there any?

Does Lilith survive the third route?

Also, does Draconic Curse stack with the Seals?

Moreover, when a weapon "reduces stats" as described in the weapon information, how much is the reduction? I understand it fades at the rate of 1 point per turn.

Also, does Draconic Curse stack with the Seals?

Moreover, when a weapon "reduces stats" as described in the weapon information, how much is the reduction? I understand it fades at the rate of 1 point per turn.

I'm pretty sure it's -1 to the stats per weapon swing. I recall attacking an enemy twice and then counterattacking (x2) on the enemy phase and having a -4 strength penalty. It's actually pretty severe.

I have an amiibo related question. I'm currently playing with Robin and Lucina and I'm wondering if they can class up. Robin just hit level 20 without maxing, so I assume probably not...

Nope, they level up to level 40 and learn more skills at levels 25 and 35. They can only class change with the DLC seals, like the Dread Fighter and Dark Falcon ones.

I have many questions.

Regarding the third path, is there a world map or grinding?

In the third path, are ALL characters recruitable?

Post game, I hear there is nothing to do. Do you have the option to save after you beat the game and play the final chapter over and over again in Nohr? Or is it just My Castle and DLC stuff?

What are the DLC classes, and are there any?

Does Lilith survive the third route?

Yes, third path has world map and grinding.

Most characters are recruitable. Right now, there's only one character that doesn't seem recruitable at all and two characters who are recruitable but have certain limitations.

The game returns to before the final 2 chapters after you finish. Outside of Nohr, you can also still pay for more skirmishes (the money you get there make up for them), but that's it so far. Wait for spotpass updates or future DLC to see if more things will be added.

Right now, the only DLC class available is Dread Fighter. You get it by buying one extra route. There'll also be Dark Flier by buying two extra routes. There's a leak pointing that the Awakening DLC will have Lodestar and Great Lord as DLC classes too, but only for one character per file. Datamine also shows that in the future we'll get Witch and Ballistician DLC classes. Cipher Minerva has an exclusive "Pegasus Knight" class which at least shares skills with Dark Falcon (don't know if the caps are different), but no one else has access to that class right now.

Edited by NeonZ

You can grind supports for free by playing my castle battles

OK. Thanks.

Some weapon related questions:

1) This is very subjective, but what do people think about the weapon's penalties? Just looking at the weapons page, it seems like the penalties for non-named weapons (i.e. Camilla's sexy axe) are pretty harsh. And the weapons with lighter penalties have low Mt, Hit or both. That and a few look extremely situational (Great Club looks pretty useless without a massive forged boost to it's Hit.)

2) What's up with these enemy only weapons? Are they only one Lunatic? Or are they on Normal and Hard just for late game chapters? Or are they common weapons?

3) i've heard only 2 units can become Dark Falcons. True?

Edited by BlueL

Yes, third path has world map and grinding.

Most characters are recruitable. Right now, there's only one character that doesn't seem recruitable at all and two characters who are recruitable but have certain limitations.

The game returns to before the final 2 chapters after you finish. Outside of Nohr, you can also still pay for more skirmishes (the money you get there make up for them), but that's it so far. Wait for spotpass updates or future DLC to see if more things will be added.

Right now, the only DLC class available is Dread Fighter. You get it by buying one extra route. There'll also be Dark Flier by buying two extra routes. There's a leak pointing that the Awakening DLC will have Lodestar and Great Lord as DLC classes too, but only for one character per file. Datamine also shows that in the future we'll get Witch and Ballistician DLC classes. Cipher Minerva has an exclusive "Pegasus Knight" class which at least shares skills with Dark Falcon (don't know if the caps are different), but no one else has access to that class right now.

I see, thanks.If I may ask, regarding the recruitable third path characters, which are they? And what are the limitations?

I see, thanks.If I may ask, regarding the recruitable third path characters, which are they? And what are the limitations?

Crimson joins but dies two chapters later and there doesn't seem to be any way to avoid her death.

Gunter seems to die too in a cutscene, although, at least in the version people downloaded before the official release, he somehow survives (in spite of having no more story dialogue at all),but has his chapter 1 stats and can't even get any supports (in Nohr he has boosted stats, and can get a couple of supports when he returns), making him effectively unusable.

Edited by NeonZ

How does support rank affect attack stance and guard stance?

The stance itself won't do anything different, but if the unit's support levels are higher the stat bonuses they receive from entering a battle together will be greater.

Can you grind for supports in Nohr's My Castle, or are support gains removed from My Castle skirmishes like EXP gains are? I'm honestly kinda fine either way...

You still gain support points. It's handy in Nohr for nabbing S and A+ supports for units you don't use to get kids / reclass options. Edited by gayserbeam

Would be someone willing to explain more in depths how attack and guard stance work and what exactly attack&guard stance does?

attack stance is a chance of a support attack to get it you need to have to units stand directly adjacent?

guard stance blocks this support attack and can block normal attacks after collecting some charges(earned through attacking and getting hit)? and its used by "pairing up" correct?

Attack&Guard stance is a pair up with a chance of support attack and the charge mechanic of defensive stance correct? however it does not b lock the support attacks passively anymore.

also i would like to know if EXP is awarded to the support unit (i read somewhere that wasnt the case)

also on another note, support points are gained by standing right next to each other (or guard stance?) like before?

Would be someone willing to explain more in depths how attack and guard stance work and what exactly attack&guard stance does?

attack stance is a chance of a support attack to get it you need to have to units stand directly adjacent?

guard stance blocks this support attack and can block normal attacks after collecting some charges(earned through attacking and getting hit)? and its used by "pairing up" correct?

Attack&Guard stance is a pair up with a chance of support attack and the charge mechanic of defensive stance correct? however it does not b lock the support attacks passively anymore.

also i would like to know if EXP is awarded to the support unit (i read somewhere that wasnt the case)

also on another note, support points are gained by standing right next to each other (or guard stance?) like before?

You're right but if you need clarification...

Attack Stance is when two units are adjacent. If one attacks, the other will attack afterwards for half damage. The support unit's attack has its own hit and critical rates. The support unit will attack only once, even if the lead unit doubles.

Guard Stance refers to when units are paired up. A guage appears under the lifebar that fills after every action in battle. When the guage is full, the support unit will block one incoming attack. Moreover, if a pair of units in Attack Stance attacks a pair of foes in Guard Stance, the support unit in Guard Stance will block the assist attack, essentially cancelling Attack Stance out.

Attack+Guard Stance is a skill that basically makes it like Awakening, but you still only assist attack once.

The support unit does gain EXP but only if they deal damage or block an attack. So you won't be gaining much assist EXP from guard stance.

Support Points will be gained after any battle in either stance, or even with adjacent units you didn't enter battle with, just like Awakening.

Edited by gayserbeam

So a few questions about the third path and a few My Castle questions, I was actually planning Nohr, but as the third path has grinding (and I want to make a very strong streetpass/spotpass team and a "nice" My Castle).

1. Do you get all characters from both sides?

2. Do you get all My Castle looks in the third path?

3. Does grinding give you unlimited money and experience (like in Awakening)?

4. Can you grind as often as you want?

5. Can Nohr exclusives marry Hoshido exclusives?

6. Are you able to buy on your shops Yumi and Bows (also swords and katanas and such)?

7.(if awnser on 1 is yes) Isn t the my castle a bit crowded, if you have all characters unlocked?

8. Do players see your dead units in my castle? (A.e. I choose third Path, let Ryouma die, will players who spotpassed/streetpassed me see Ryouma?) Or do the only characters you put in your streetpass/spotpass show up when people visit your "My Castle"?

9. Isn t there anything bad about the Third Path?

If all awnsers are yes , I will play the third path first and prob let all Hoshidos die. (So it will look like I played Nohr >:D)

And as last question if everything is awnsered yes: Do you unlock everything from both sides in the third path?

Thanks alot!

Edited by DarkFQ

Is there a complete list of all A+ supports available to each character? I am trying figure out my builds for all characters now ahead of time (and plan to avoid buying skills from other players, as that just feels like cheating and removed the limitations on what a character can and can't do)