"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would I be correct in assuming that weapons that cause stat drops after battles always have the stat drops kick in (ergo, if I'm using a Silver weapon and get into 2 fights in E. Phase, I wind up with -4 Strength and Skill)?

EDIT: On the third route, are we still saddled with having exactly as many men that can marry as there are women that can marry those men (avatar excluded)?

Edited by Levant Colthearts

Would I be correct in assuming that weapons that cause stat drops after battles always have the stat drops kick in (ergo, if I'm using a Silver weapon and get into 2 fights in E. Phase, I wind up with -4 Strength and Skill)?

Each weapon can only decrease your stats to the full amount of one use. I.e., using a silver weapon will decrease strength and skill by 2 up to a maximum of 2. So, you can use the silver weapon all you want in one phase, it will only be -2 STR and SKL. Since stats recover by one every turn, the next turn, you will have -1 STR and SKL. If you use the silver weapon again, it will only decrease STR and SKL by one so that you are back to -2 STR and SKL. Other stat decreases (i.e. if you were hit by a shuriken/kunai) do not interfere with each other, so they will stack. Hope that helps.

does the puppeteer class actually get a summon or is it just a lore thing?

It's a class skill they get at lv. 15.

Each weapon can only decrease your stats to the full amount of one use. I.e., using a silver weapon will decrease strength and skill by 2 up to a maximum of 2. So, you can use the silver weapon all you want in one phase, it will only be -2 STR and SKL. Since stats recover by one every turn, the next turn, you will have -1 STR and SKL. If you use the silver weapon again, it will only decrease STR and SKL by one so that you are back to -2 STR and SKL. Other stat decreases (i.e. if you were hit by a shuriken/kunai) do not interfere with each other, so they will stack. Hope that helps.

Okay. And in the same vein, what about those weapons that have "stats reduced" after battle? How much do they drop stats?

Okay. And in the same vein, what about those weapons that have "stats reduced" after battle? How much do they drop stats?

Silvers work as described but for the special weapons that drop stats and say "stats recover by one point per turn", the stats (strength and possibly skill) decrease by 1 per weapon swing so you will tank your stats if you fight a lot in a combat phase. For those curious, characters don't take stat reductions if they the support unit.

game mechanic spoilers, I guess??

do counter and magic counter stack? like, if I attacked an adjacent magic user, would they receive double the damage they dealt to me? or would only one counter proc?

does nohr apply to passive battle skills that don't proc, like counter or bowbreaker or deadly breath? or does it only apply to proccing skills like luna or sol or lethality?

is it possible to receive multiple moonlights in game? or is moonlight, like, a plot item that you can only receive one of. I would really appreciate a spoiler free answer for this question. :( thank you so much!!

my first two questions are re: different skills you can acquire in game. my third question is re: an item. nothing super spoilery. :) thank you so much!!

In the third route, are supports more limited or can everyone support with everyone?

Supports are limited between units of different countries as compared to the ones from the same country.

I know that this was asked a few pages back, but I don't think it got an answer. How exactly are the pair up bonuses nerfed in this game? Does raising support level raise the pair up bonuses like in Awakening?

Bit late, but to explain, you save in Chapter 27. Everything is done from here, so there is no "postgame"

So Chapter 27 is basically the point of no return?

Damn, I was looking forward to face rubbing and Spotpass battles after I beat the main storyline. Thanks for answering.

Say your stats are decreased because of a debuff and you pair up with a unit to become the support unit, do your stats recover like normal or do you need to be the front unit to do so?

I know that this was asked a few pages back, but I don't think it got an answer. How exactly are the pair up bonuses nerfed in this game? Does raising support level raise the pair up bonuses like in Awakening?

Character stats don't boost pair ups bonuses and supports rank bonuses are smaller and aren't +1 to each stat that the class provides. For example the difference between no support rank and up to S-rank for Silas as a Great Knight is:

No Support : +2 STR, +4 DEF, +1 MOV

C-rank : +2 STR +1 SKL + 4 DEF, +1 MOV

B- Rank: +3 STR, +1 SKL, +4 DEF, + 1 MOV

A-rank : +3 STR, +1 SKL, +1 SPD + 4 DEF, + 1 MOV

S-rank : +4 STR +1 SKL + 1 SPD, +5 DEF, +1 MOV

If you want to compare to Awakening Frederick at base level with no support rank provides: +4 STR, +1 SKL, +1 SPD, +4 DEF and +1 MOV which is better than Silas provides at A-rank.(Though I noticed Arthur as a Great Knight at A-rank provides +4 STR and no SPD so the support rank bonuses for each rank may vary from character to character even within the same class)

Edited by arvilino

I was looking at the Weapons page and noticed the traditional healing staves (Heal, Mend, Physics) or their baton equivalents all have very, very nerfed usage compared to past games. Does that impact gameplay as much as I'm imagining?