"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

2. How does Galeforce work?

I can't answer your other two questions, but I know that Galeforce will not work on Attack or Guard Stance.

But other than that, if your unit is alone, Galeforce will activate after defeating an opponent, like it did in Awakening. You can then move again.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This might be a silly question but I'll ask anyways. Do you get any extra stuff from Fates if a save of Awakening exists on the same SD card? I heard for Radiant Dawn that you get different stat boosts and such if you had a Path of Radiance save data on the card you were using to also save RD on. I kind of doubt Fates is doing that for Awakening but was just curious.

I don't know if this has been asked yet, but does the 3rd path play more like Hoshido with all the optional stuff or Nohr being straightforward and limited exp?

It's like Hoshido in that you can summon encounters to the world map, but like Nohr in that there are map gimmicks and a few other battle shenanigans.

3. Is Nishiki fab good?

He was one of the stars of my first Hoshido playthrough... but reclassed. Don't get me wrong, the Fox Spirit class isn't bad. It has a crit bonus and effectiveness against beast-type units, which is great. But you have one more skill slot now, so you're encouraged to reclass freely, and I found he served me better a Trueblade (I had another Fox Spirit anyway who had the benefit of inheriting her skills). Overall, he's fast and has great resistance, but you might need some strength boosters. Edited by gayserbeam

1. Are the DLC class items unlimited/reusable? Let's say I use a Dread Scroll on Flannel. Do I keep it, or nah? Since it seems like the only way to get them is to purchase the routes... Is there another way to get them?

I'm pretty sure that DLC items are limited so what's used is permanently used. There isn't another way to get them unless IS releases DLC like in Awakening though that's unlikely.

Can somebody say how the no-durability mechanic feels so far? Does it dramatically change how the game works, or ...?

It's a bit hard to say, because I've somewhat gotten used to it.

In my own personal opinion, it's better since you simply only have to worry about 1 factor, how effective the weapon will be (and maybe the cost)

Not like where you had to conserve, say, Wolf Beil uses in FE7, Brave weapons in most games, effective weapons (hammer, etc) and others

The only downside is that the weapons are comparatively nerfed, but that's a small price to pay

It'd be a bit interesting if they or don't have this as a standard for all the games from now on.

I get the feeling it'll probably stick, unless the fans violently object or something

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Can somebody say how the no-durability mechanic feels so far? Does it dramatically change how the game works, or ...?

A better question is, how does the new pros and cons of weapons change the game, because that's what the lack of durability called for. I'd say the game changed dramatically because of this. Previously you could have several characters holding a special weapon type but now you'll only get one such weapon in the game. Some weapons are now extremely situational, so much that you'll just use Iron Weapons more often than not.

As for weapons with "criticals do extra damage", are they talking about enemy critical hits?

When those weapons land critical hits, it deals x4 damage compared to the usual x3. It's the damage you do, not the enemy.

When those weapons land critical hits, it deals x4 damage compared to the usual x3. It's the damage you do, not the enemy.

Oh. I was hoping that was the case. Of course, that means I REALLY don't want enemy units with those weapons to get a chance to attack.

Edited by Levant Colthearts

There is a story related question that I've been meaning to ask,

How much different do royal sibilings act, when you are against them?

Do they really act like jerks?

I've heard that in the Nohr path, Ryoma has Elise poisoned, and that he will only give the medicine if the Avatar return to Hoshido, and Ryoma also says that he doesn't care if she dies.

And I've also heard that in the Hoshido path, Camilla go full yandere on the Avatar, saying that she will kill everyone, so the Avatar can return to her.

Are both of those things true?

You use it, and a copycat appears in one of the adjacent squares of your choosing. The character cannot use it again, and neither can the copycat.

The copycat is basically exactly the same, with the following changes:

1: Azura's copycat cannot sing

2: When your copycat levels up, it has the ! quotes instead.

3: The copycat has a different name (to distinguish)

If either unit levels up, both units level up. Stat changes, damage taken (including deaths), inventory changes all apply. They can equip different weapons though, I believe.

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

You use it, and a copycat appears in one of the adjacent squares of your choosing. The character cannot use it again, and neither can the copycat.

The copycat is basically exactly the same, with the following changes:

1: Azura's copycat cannot sing

2: When your copycat levels up, it has the ! quotes instead.

3: The copycat has a different name (to distinguish)

If either unit levels up, both units level up. Stat changes, damage taken (including deaths), inventory changes all apply. They can equip different weapons though, I believe.

I assume the copycat will be weak to Puppet Break, while the original unit isn't as long as he/she isn't a Puppeteer?

So are there no cons to using Copycat besides maybe wasting EXP if your puppet doesn't level up?

EDIT: Oh, and Pupper Break, DUH.

EDIT 2: And with the different name thingy, can you name your puppet?

Edited by GuardianZen

It's a fixed name, I don't know what it is though.

I'm fairly sure that it doesn't interact that way with Puppet Break.

The main thing, in a sense, compared to Galeforce, is that you are also twice as vulnerable, from "the worst standpoint", as you now have to defend two units.

...Though to be honest, it's not like you get the skill that early either, (buying skills aside...) (Buying skills really breaks the game though..fairly)

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

So are there no cons to using Copycat besides maybe wasting EXP if your puppet doesn't level up?

EDIT: Oh, and Pupper Break, DUH.

EDIT 2: And with the different name thingy, can you name your puppet?

Your puppet is just an exact clone of you, and you cannot name it.

When the puppet loses HP, so will the unit, and vice versa. Same with EXP.

You and your puppet have the same inventory. When you clone yourself, the puppet simply gets access to your items. Trading the puppet's items with another unit will trade the pupeteer's items as well.

Basically, Copycat doesn't create another unit like Summon from FE8. It splits you so that you can be in two places at once.

Hope I'm not a bother but I asked this in 2 threads already and no one answered me... Hope I have better luck here ;w;

I just wanted to know what the marriage description says after Kamui reaches s support with a character. It doesn't have to be a complete translation, a summary is perfectly ok. I've attached two pictures in case you don't know which description I mean:

[spoiler=marriage description pictures]post-16947-0-67343800-1436724262_thumb.png

post-16947-0-05791700-1436724208_thumb.png

Hope I'm not a bother but I asked this in 2 threads already and no one answered me... Hope I have better luck here ;w;

I just wanted to know what the marriage description says after Kamui reaches s support with a character. It doesn't have to be a complete translation, a summary is perfectly ok. I've attached two pictures in case you don't know which description I mean:

[spoiler=marriage description pictures]attachicon.gifCaptura de pantalla 2015-07-11 a la(s) 23.26.01.png

attachicon.gifCaptura de pantalla 2015-07-11 a la(s) 23.26.16.png

Rough translation: "Little by little, the growing bonds between the two finally brought them together. But before long, Kamui's castle would become the target of raids by figureless monsters..."