"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

It will probably take some grinding to get ALL the children but you can get most just playing normally. More characters get married, more paralogues unlock to grind support points and the effect snowballs.

Good to know. I'll probably try to actively use one character per couple and hope I don't have to grind supports.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When are level up rolls decided in this game? Soft resetting and leveling on different turns all give me the same bad rolls.

Are you playing in Lunatic? From as far as I can see, level ups are fixed in Lunatic.

Can you still double attack with brave weapons when under the effect of Defensive Formation?

It was mentioned in the Skills topic that you can.

"Double attack" and "consecutive attacks" are very similar but different things ^^

There's Anna. Nobody knows how to get her, like Priam early on.

Plus...

[spoiler=Minor story spoilers]Lazward, Odin and Luna are actually Inigo, Owain and Severa from Awakening, but using aliases to hide their identity.

Yeah I heard about Anna...and I heard about the other thing you mentioned as well. I don't know why the hell I asked this question and I'm actually a little irked at myself simply because I already knew the answer to my question and I just forgot.

I suppose I'd like to know how we're supposed to grind supports in Nohr if Nohr doesn't let us grind reliably.

Yeah I heard about Anna...and I heard about the other thing you mentioned as well. I don't know why the hell I asked this question and I'm actually a little irked at myself simply because I already knew the answer to my question and I just forgot.

I suppose I'd like to know how we're supposed to grind supports in Nohr if Nohr doesn't let us grind reliably.

My castle? Design appropriate roles for the units you want to pair up so they can work together? I want Sophie quickish, so I'll be shacking up FeMU and Silas from the get-go. Silas can ferry FeMU around and make use of Friendship Oath+Mysterious Appeal buffs.

My castle? Design appropriate roles for the units you want to pair up so they can work together? I want Sophie quickish, so I'll be shacking up FeMU and Silas from the get-go. Silas can ferry FeMU around and make use of Friendship Oath+Mysterious Appeal buffs.

I don't really know what all we can do to grind supports reliably in My Castle (as in, often), and even if we attempt to pair characters together during main chapters, I'd like to see all the A Rank support conversations without having to start a new file.

One burning question I have on my mind is the following:

Are my absolute favourite characters (design- and character-wise) worth a damn?

Specifically talking about Hana, Azura, Ryoma, Kinu, Velour, Flannel, Nishiki, Nyx, Odin, Luna and Elise.

And another:

How does skill grinding work, if you can't reset levels?

I don't really know what all we can do to grind supports reliably in My Castle (as in, often), and even if we attempt to pair characters together during main chapters, I'd like to see all the A Rank support conversations without having to start a new file.

You can battle against other players' teams in My Castle. They won't give experience, but the support points count apparently.

One burning question I have on my mind is the following:

Are my absolute favourite characters (design- and character-wise) worth a damn?

Specifically talking about Hana, Azura, Ryoma, Kinu, Velour, Flannel, Nishiki, Nyx, Odin, Luna and Elise.

And another:

How does skill grinding work, if you can't reset levels?

It's subjective.

Hana's Defense is "so bad" that lategame she can't take a single physical (or in some cases, magical) hit. At least she can "try" to dodge.

I really like Hana so I'll be babying her, but she might not work out. At least she'll pretty much slaughter everything if she can survive.

Azura is a glass cannon, she has the same issues

Ryoma is as close to broken as you can get

Kinu, Velour, Flannel, Nishiki (generalizing a bit so it may differ) are pretty broken as far as characters go. Do note that Kinu and Velour can get somewhat screwed depending on the choice of parent.

Nyx and Odin, assuming they stay as Dark Mages well, they'll always be glass cannons.

Luna is fairly balanced to the point of being liable to be screwed, especially in strength I guess? Decent speed and Defense, but the strength though. Maybe it's just me

Elise is another glass cannon, though once she's promoted she can at least one round or badly hurt things from 2 range with tomes.

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

It's subjective.

Hana's Defense is "so bad" that lategame she can't take a single physical (or in some cases, magical) hit. At least she can "try" to dodge.

I really like Hana so I'll be babying her, but she might not work out. At least she'll pretty much slaughter everything if she can survive.

Azura is a glass cannon, she has the same issues

Ryoma is as close to broken as you can get

Kinu, Velour, Flannel, Nishiki (generalizing a bit so it may differ) are pretty broken as far as characters go. Do note that Kinu and Velour can get somewhat screwed depending on the choice of parent.

Nyx and Odin, assuming they stay as Dark Mages well, they'll always be glass cannons.

Luna is fairly balanced to the point of being liable to be screwed, especially in strength I guess? Decent speed and Defense, but the strength though. Maybe it's just me

Elise is another glass cannon, though once she's promoted she can at least one round or badly hurt things from 2 range with tomes.

Hm... this game seems to have many characters that would qualify as glass cannons, I see. So Guard Stance abusing it is... *sigh*

Thanks for replying. :D

EDIT: I see I will have to play a lot more defensively if I want to use my favourite characters. Until now, I always had a more offensive approach and as such, characters who had a lot of defense or could dodge a lot were my go-to people...

I like Hana, too, so I'll see to it that she becomes useful somehow (like I did with Mia back in PoR).

EDIT no.2: So Ryoma is basically this game's Seth/Laguz Royal/*insert broken character here*?

Edited by DragonFlames

Hm... this game seems to have many characters that would qualify as glass cannons, I see. So Guard Stance abusing it is... *sigh*

Thanks for replying. :D

Guard Stance abusing won't really help, even with a +4 or greater Defense, because your unit will still go down in a hit or two.

Guard Stance is probably best used on a tanky unit to further increase their tankiness.

E.G. General Effie with Defensive Formation (not entirely necessary but better to have a peace of mind) + Javelin in Guard Stance, throw her in a mob of enemies and watch her weaken everything, then you can just rush in and clean up

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Guard Stance abusing won't really help, even with a +4 or greater Defense, because your unit will still go down in a hit or two.

Guard Stance is probably best used on a tanky unit to further increase their tankiness.

E.G. General Effie with Defensive Formation (not entirely necessary but better to have a peace of mind) + Javelin in Guard Stance, throw her in a mob of enemies and watch her weaken everything, then you can just rush in and clean up

I was going with this tactic a lot, especially in earlier FEs. Have someone tanky lure all the enemies and weaken them and then have the rest clean up. I dropped the tactic in Radiant Dawn and Awakening, but I think I'll be picking it up in Fates based on what you said and what some others say in the forums.

The fixed level ups seem to (for now) be a pain to determine, because lunatic is pretty damn difficult to play through to get information.

All I can say is that restarting the chapter won't change the stats you gain, basically

Run 1, you get 3 levels

Run 2, you get 3 levels again,

The 3 levels will each be exactly the same as previously, even if the battle data was changed or what not, but the levels will be set. Still can't say much though.

Regarding the Guard Stance thing, well with a tanky enough unit you "can" theoretically throw them into a mob and they'll survive, but skills will always come in to ruin the day.

You can battle against other players' teams in My Castle. They won't give experience, but the support points count apparently.

Oh, okay. I can get behind this. I'm glad that Fates will force me to actually try and think about my next move and not let me experience grind (not because I don't like grinding, but because if the option is given to me I will take it due to paranoia) but still let me grind supports in that way. Apparently the Arena makes a return as well, can we use that to grind at all?

Regarding the Guard Stance thing, well with a tanky enough unit you "can" theoretically throw them into a mob and they'll survive, but skills will always come in to ruin the day.

On the bright side though, it seems like you no longer have to worry about bitch Warriors (I guess Shuras, in this game) with Counter getting in your face and blowing you up on EP

On the bright side though, it seems like you no longer have to worry about bitch Warriors (I guess Shuras, in this game) with Counter getting in your face and blowing you up on EP

The real question is how many, if any enemies, have Vantage + Counter, because that would be a royal pain

Vantage makes it that you can't just weaken enemies from range and then swoop in to finish them for free

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

The real question is how many, if any enemies, have Vantage + Counter, because that would be a royal pain

Vantage makes it that you can't just weaken enemies from range and then swoop in to finish them for free

I think there will be lots and lots of enemies on the harder difficulties that will have those two skills. Especially on the Nohr path, since, you know, Hoshidos Shuras are your enemies there... and I guess a few Samurai-related units will use the skill, too.

Edit: Even meaner if they have Vantage, Counter and Miracle! THAT is one f*ed up combo right there... add Vengeance and you'll have an enemy that basically one-shots just about everyone it hits... I think I actually scared myself to death right now.

Edited by DragonFlames

I think there will be lots and lots of enemies on the harder difficulties that will have those two skills. Especially on the Nohr path, since, you know, Hoshidos Shuras are your enemies there... and I guess a few Samurai-related units will use the skill, too.

Edit: Even meaner if they have Vantage, Counter and Miracle! THAT is one f*ed up combo right there... add Vengeance and you'll have an enemy that basically one-shots just about everyone it hits... I think I actually scared myself to death right now.

I do recall some enemies having vengeance, but those were mostly Nohr enemies on the Hoshido route.

Miracle always seems to activate, well, not always, but...it's really a troll.

Pretty sure Fixed Mode can be assumed to work as:

- Start from 0

- On level up, add GR 'points' to each stat

- If total goes >100, level up the stat

- Difference over 100 carries over

I'm pretty sure I'll be only playing Lunatic, tbqf. EP is way nerfed in this game, I want to be able to calculate how good my units will be ahead of time.

How do people do the crazy skills for units thing? Like, I know you can buy skills off people from My Castle, but is there an AR/Spider code that allows this on [my] save so I can redistribute stuff for others to buy?

Ie, someones castle has both Nohr and Hoshido on MU, and Lifetaker on every other unit.. How do I get this on my units?