"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

Can you delete Avatars you got from My Castle battles from your logbook like in FEA?

Yep! I believe it's the bottom option when you click on an avatar.

Edited by Carter

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually this makes me wonder something further, can we get RID of Avatars we don't want, unlike Awakening?

You mean like "un-recruiting"? In fact, yes you can! It's the fourth option down when you pick an avatar (or any recruited my castle character).

You mean like "un-recruiting"? In fact, yes you can! It's the fourth option down when you pick an avatar (or any recruited my castle character).

This is way too exciting for me than it has any right to be. Thank you.

More questions!

1: Avatar Logbook

- What is the max number of characters the Logbook can hold?

- What is the max number of characters from the Logbook that can be used during a playthrough? (I think Awakening was around 20.)

- Is it possible to export the Avatar at any time, or must all exporting be done at the end of playthrough? (Essentially, can I save characters to the logbook before the final chapter?)

- When exporting a unit, is it possible to have multiple versions of a unit in the Logbook or just one?

- When importing "characters" (not avatars) that are already recruited, does that character update to reflect the logbook version or does it create an "Einherjar" clone instead?

- Is there any indication that "Spotpass, DLC, or Paralogue" characters will return? (I want to field Mycen and Micaiah again, alongside my Sacred Stones favorites...)

- When buying skills, is it possible for a character without a DLC class to purchase those skills if they were that class in another file?

[spoiler=Example]1: File A had Elise as a Dark Flier and obtained Galeforce. She was exported to the Logbook at the end of the game.

2: File B did not give Elise the Dark Flier promotion.

3: Can File B's Elise purchase File A's Galeforce, despite not having access to Dark Flier in that file?

2: Difficulty

- What are the differences between Hard and Lunatic? I hear that Lunatic has fixed stat growths, but are there any other changes?

- Is it confirmed that there is no Lunatic+ in Fates? I think I read that there is no difficulty higher than Lunatic, but I want to make sure.

Can you buy skills from your own playthroughs (e.g. Hoshido Kamui buys Nohr from Nohr Kamui)? Or would you need two separate games to accomplish that?

I *believe* I saw it happening and I don't see why not.

You can add your Avatar to the Logbook after completing the game and the Logbook should be shared between campaigns.

Can DLC skills be passed this time? Like galeforce or awakening.

Thank you VincentASM for answering my previous question!

As mentioned, it's hard to know without the DLC in question.

But signs are pointing to "no". For one, you can't buy them from your Logbook.

More questions!

1: Avatar Logbook

- What is the max number of characters the Logbook can hold?

- What is the max number of characters from the Logbook that can be used during a playthrough? (I think Awakening was around 20.)

- Is it possible to export the Avatar at any time, or must all exporting be done at the end of playthrough? (Essentially, can I save characters to the logbook before the final chapter?)

- When exporting a unit, is it possible to have multiple versions of a unit in the Logbook or just one?

- When importing "characters" (not avatars) that are already recruited, does that character update to reflect the logbook version or does it create an "Einherjar" clone instead?

- Is there any indication that "Spotpass, DLC, or Paralogue" characters will return? (I want to field Mycen and Micaiah again, alongside my Sacred Stones favorites...)

- When buying skills, is it possible for a character without a DLC class to purchase those skills if they were that class in another file?

[spoiler=Example]1: File A had Elise as a Dark Flier and obtained Galeforce. She was exported to the Logbook at the end of the game.

2: File B did not give Elise the Dark Flier promotion.

3: Can File B's Elise purchase File A's Galeforce, despite not having access to Dark Flier in that file?

2: Difficulty

- What are the differences between Hard and Lunatic? I hear that Lunatic has fixed stat growths, but are there any other changes?

- Is it confirmed that there is no Lunatic+ in Fates? I think I read that there is no difficulty higher than Lunatic, but I want to make sure.

I can only answer some of them.

When you import a Logbook character, it will create an Einherjar clone.

In the base game, there's nothing to suggest bonus Einherjar characters. However, the leaked DLCs are capable of adding new characters and classes.

I am pretty sure DLC skills can't be purchased from the Logbook. They have a purchase cost of 0, which is rather telling. I haven't checked the flags yet though...

EDIT

There is nothing in the base game to suggest anything beyond Normal, Hard and Lunatic. Seems like a tiny shame.

Edited by VincentASM

EDIT:

It's subjective.

Nyx and Odin, assuming they stay as Dark Mages well, they'll always be glass cannons.

If they're glass cannons, than what about Tsukuyomi and Orochi? Traditionally dark mages/shamans have higher defense than mages?

Also, how is are Pieri, Hinata, Charlotte, Setsuna Camilla, Belka, Crimson and the 3 ninjas?

2 more questions:

1) What is the max level a promoted unit can reach?

2) In Awakening I generally promoted unpromoted units as soon as they hit level 10. Since I hear Fates doesn't allow unlimited leveling like Awakening, this means it's better to wait till an unpromoted unit reaches level 20 before promoting them (like in the old games) right?

3) I've heard Master Seals are rare up until you upgrade your vendor shop to a certain level (I think Silver?). Is this true of the other seals in this game as well?

They are very cheap and they are the only weapon type you need to really stock up on, and I went through the entire game using pretty much just the E-D staves and occasionally Physic. It really doesn't have a huge impact.
The reason they have been downgraded is to stop you from stalling out a map for too long, not to create resource management pressure.

Hmmm ok. But doesn't downgrading the usage so much make it harder to level up classes like Rod Knight and Priest that are stave only?

Also, follow-up question:

it might be too early for this, but once your Rod Knight/Priest(ess) reaches level 10, is it best to use a master seal on them right away?

In the Hoshido route, a lot of enemies drop staves so the only time I really had to buy them was to get E-rank staves for freshly promoted units.

That's interesting. I don't recall (at least from FE 6-8) drops from enemies to be a reliable way to get any kind of weapon so that's kind of neat.

Edited by BlueL

To answer your questions:

1)There are these new seals called Eternal Seals that allow you to raise a promoted units max level by five.As of now, we don't know if there is a cap on these, so it seems that their max level is well, whatever level you stop using Eternal Seals at.However without Eternal Seals they max out at lv.20 like normal.(With the exception of Felicia and Joker who go to level 40)

2)Well you can promote at any level you want past ten, but since your level does not reset(Therefore no unlimited levels), it is recommended you wait however it is up to you.(Again you can use Eternal Seals to max out stats but they are 12000 a pop so yeah)

3)Well, by the time you get to chapter 13(The chapter in which you can upgrade to rank 2 vendor), you should have enough Master Seals to have promoted most of the units you plan on using.By rank 2, you are able to have purchased 9 Master Seals plus the Master Seals you got over the chapters.Chapter 20 is when you are able to go rank 3 in which Master Seals are unlimited so yeah.

When a unit uses Copycat Puppet, do the original and the copy get puppet weakness? Do they even get a weakness?

Also, do aura skills like Battle Command and Distinguished Son work in Guard Stance?

Edited by zoned out

Do Seal skills and Draconic Curse stack or not?

I must know to make sure my debuff monster build is still viable or if I should pick something else less gimmicky.

When a unit uses Copycat Puppet, do the original and the copy get puppet weakness? Do they even get a weakness?

The copy gets Puppet weakness, but not so for the original unless they're a Puppeteer.

If I marry Takumi in Hoshido, what would you say are my best pairings choices for the other characters so that the children have the best (or very good) stats? For instance, who should I marry Ryouma to for a great Shinonome, etc.

In battle, how does the support system compare to in Awakening? Is it as powerful/effective?

In a word: no. Not that I know of, at least.

Can someone explain how to forge items in IF? i can only forge it once to +1 but how to i go any higher than that?

When you forge a weapon you need two copies of the same weapon including the forge level. So to get an Iron Sword +2 you need to forge 2 Iron Sword +1's or 4 regular Iron Swords.

Edited by arvilino

(Sorry if this was answered already)

How many save files there is in Fates?

See the above answer. You're not limited to use each set of save files for a particular route. If you have all 3 routes, you can use all 9 save files on Nohr, for example.

If I marry Takumi in Hoshido, what would you say are my best pairings choices for the other characters so that the children have the best (or very good) stats? For instance, who should I marry Ryouma to for a great Shinonome, etc.

Anyone, please? :c Just some couples are fine