"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

oh yeah, I've got another one

are the (non-legendary, since I assume they're locked) weapons still renamable? Like, could I rename "Arthur's Manly-Axe" or whatever?

You only have about 8-10 characters to name your weapon (you still can, that's nice), at least in English letters, but that's for the Japanese version. The localized versions will probably be less limiting on text.

It might have enough space to write "Manly Axe", though. Awakening had quite a bit of space.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you feel about a Dark Mage (Sorceror) Syalla? Would that be better than spellcaster? How does it compare?

I'm thinking about picking that as a secondary class and having my Kanna marry Syalla for the class, but before I do, I want to make sure there are (if any) advantages for that. I like to have different classes, never having two or more of the same one (unless it's unavoidable).

I haven't really used (Nyx!)Syalla much, she's still a lv 2 Sorc. 26 mag, 21 speed, 12 defense and 24 res, but a god awful 7 skill.

that's the actual name of a weapon! I was thinking about naming it (and some of the similar ones) something different if I wasn't using the character, honestly.

Thanks again!

Weapons like Arthur's Manly Axe and Kagerou's Dazzling Dart can be forged and renamed. Anything forged can be renamed, and you can change the name of a weapon you previously forged. Of course, that means you'll need two Arthur's Manly Axes to rename the weapon, as you'll have to forge it first.

You get eight characters in the Japanese version, but will certainly get more in the English version. "Silver Naginata" is fifteen characters alone.

Edited by gayserbeam

Weapons like Arthur's Manly Axe and Kagerou's Dazzling Dart can be forged and renamed. Anything forged can be renamed, and you can change the name of a weapon you previously forged. Of course, that means you'll need two Arthur's Manly Axes to rename the weapon, as you'll have to forge it first.

You get eight characters in the Japanese version.

You can't do free forges just for renaming? I don't remember how it was for the other games but in Awakening you could still rename weapons through the forge system for 0 G, if you didn't touch the stats

You can't do free forges just for renaming? I don't remember how it was for the other games but in Awakening you could still rename weapons through the forge system for 0 G, if you didn't touch the stats

The forge system is completely different in Fates, so you can't even select a weapon if you don't have enough of the proper weapons and gems to forge it.

There is a "Change Name" option in the forge, but you can only select weapons that you have already forged before.

What'd happen if...

One of the Hoshidan sibling dies in chapter 18 of Nohr? What if they all die? Does that affect the story or lead to a game over?

Edited by Ryo

What'd happen if...

One of the Hoshidan sibling dies in chapter 18 of Nohr? What if they all die? Does that affect the story or lead to a game over?

Well, the objective is to protect them so if one of them died you would fail the chapter so I would assume game over.

Well, the objective is to protect them so if one of them died you would fail the chapter so I would assume game over.

Actually the objective is just defeat all bosses in 20 turns. So I was wondering about that.

What'd happen if...

Would any of them even die in that chapter? When I played through, I remember the General Boss just sits in front of the door, blocking and trapping the Hoshidan siblings, meaning no one can get in (and kill them), and no one can get out.

The ranged enemies wouldn't attack them either. Do they on harder difficulties?

Edited by Carter

Actually the objective is just defeat all bosses in 20 turns. So I was wondering about that.

Oh.That is just weird.Then I have absolutely no clue.

Would any of them even die in that chapter? When I played through, I remember the General Boss just sits in front of the door, blocking and trapping the Hoshidan siblings, meaning no one can get in (and kill them), and no one can get out.

The ranged enemies wouldn't attack them either. Do they on harder difficulties?

Theoretically the mooks should be able to walk through the generals, just like we can walk through our own allies without Pass. However, the AI don't seem to prioritize killing the NPC, which is weird because if they don't intend to kill them then why bother putting them defenseless on the map in the first place. I'm not sure if there's any way to manipulate the AI to kill the siblings.

Can you only have 1 My Castle team per game (even if you have all 3 versions)? I assume yes, but I want to know for sure, and if you can switch between your current team easily or if it becomes a hassle (having to redo positions/profile description).

Theoretically the mooks should be able to walk through the generals, just like we can walk through our own allies without Pass. However, the AI don't seem to prioritize killing the NPC, which is weird because if they don't intend to kill them then why bother putting them defenseless on the map in the first place. I'm not sure if there's any way to manipulate the AI to kill the siblings.

oh lol but it was a closed door. Since the general occupies the space in front of the door, no enemy can use a key to get through. The Hoshido siblings were probably just there to help progress the story, but can't actually be attacked by enemies

Can you only have 1 My Castle team per game (even if you have all 3 versions)? I assume yes, but I want to know for sure, and if you can switch between your current team easily or if it becomes a hassle (having to redo positions/profile description).

I haven't actually tested this myself, but I believe each team is tied to each save, and you can update your team by loading a different save then updating data via the crystal ball.

oh lol but it was a closed door. Since the general occupies the space in front of the door, no enemy can use a key to get through. The Hoshido siblings were probably just there to help progress the story, but can't actually be attacked by enemies

That's so pointless lol. I wonder if we can rush to the generals (via Rescue staff or something), kill them and open the door without harming the nearby mooks, and see if they can be lured to the room to kill the NPCs.

That's so pointless lol. I wonder if we can rush to the generals (via Rescue staff or something), kill them and open the door without harming the nearby mooks, and see if they can be lured to the room to kill the NPCs.

If enemies with ranged weapons don't bother, I don't think they would if you open the door, either.

So, can Yato be used on classes other than Nohr Prince and its promoted versions?

Also, to which class does Kamui promote in the third path?

Edited by Nobody

Ok I've been hearing rumors about this and I'm trying to avoid spoilers as much as possible but I can't just get my head past this and need to know.

With some of the actual kids from Awakening returning just with different names how does this game relate to Awakening? Does it happen before or after the events in FE13? Are the kids the ones from the "saved" timeline" how does that work exactly? Is it nothing at all and just a reference?

It's unclear they make references to both timelines.

In his support with Saizou

Lazward mentions losing a competition in picking up women to another masked man, refering to his support with Gerome. DLC will come out that will explain everything.

So, can Yato be used on classes other than Nohr Prince and its promoted versions?

Also, to which class does Kamui promote in the third path?

Yato is just locked to MU, so MU can use Yato as any class that can use a sword(it's also rank E). In IK, MU has access to both White and Dark blood.

Edited by Aidil

Dragonskin is listed as

Halves damage, weakens critical hits and special skills (eg. Astra, Luna, Sol) and negates Lethality, Poison and Counter-type skills.

but what how does it weaken the special skills?

Edited by Magician Lugh

It reduces their effectiveness. Possibly cuts the bonus in half, I think. I'm just basing this off memory from my Hoshido run where I was attacking a unit with Dragonskin and was only doing 6 damage, and when Dragon Fang proc'd it did around 10, when it should've done closer to 15-20.

That was only Dragon Fang though, don't know how it'll work for something like Sol or Astra.

Edited by Aidil