"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how exactly does class inheritance work for the kids this time? Many of them start out with their father's base class right off the bat, but I'm not entirely sure what they get other than that. Do they get their father's secondary class, their mother's primary class, mother's secondary class, or everything?

And in the case of characters that don't start with their father's base class, such as Shinonome and Midoriko, would they inherit their father's base class as opposed to a secondary class, if that's even possible?

And then there's Shigure, the only child that can have any father (aside from Kanna, but only if you're F!Kamui). I'm aware that he can't inherit Songstress and instead starts with Azura's secondary class. Does he get multiple class options from his father? Or just the base class?

Edited by Karaszure

So how exactly does class inheritance work for the kids this time? Many of them start out with their father's base class right off the bat, but I'm not entirely sure what they get other than that. Do they get their father's secondary class, their mother's primary class, mother's secondary class, or everything?

And in the case of characters that don't start with their father's base class, such as Shinonome and Midoriko, would they inherit their father's base class as opposed to a secondary class, if that's even possible?

And then there's Shigure, the only child that can have any father (aside from Kanna, but only if you're F!Kamui). I'm aware that he can't inherit Songstress and instead starts with Azura's secondary class. Does he get multiple class options from his father? Or just the base class?

there's a Class Inheritance thread already, too. children inherit their parents' base class if it doesn't match their own. if it matches, then take secondary. if base class is special (Singer, Garou, Fox Spirit), secondary. if base and secondary are no good (Shigure), take parent's analogous class (a "hidden" tertiary class). so Shigure gets Rod Knight from Azura.

there's a Class Inheritance thread already, too. children inherit their parents' base class if it doesn't match their own. if it matches, then take secondary. if base class is special (Singer, Garou, Fox Spirit), secondary. if base and secondary are no good (Shigure), take parent's analogous class (a "hidden" tertiary class). so Shigure gets Rod Knight from Azura.

Generally, the way inheritance is set up allows the children to always have three class sets (and potentially get up to 2 more through Buddy and Marriage Seals) to switch between, giving them as many options as the Kamuisexuals.

Also, if base, secondary, and "hidden" tertiary class are no good, take the counterpart of the child's default class and add that instead of any of the parent's classes. In Shigure's case (happens if Azura marries Jakob: Shigure starts with Pegasus Warrior and inherits Rod Knight from Jakob before the game checks to see if Azura can pass down anything), add Wyvern Rider (the Nohr counterpart to Hoshido's Pegasus Warrior) and promotions to the list of Shigure's class set instead of any of Azura's classes.

How does Extravagance work? How do you spend the Gold Coin before battle? What do you spend it on? How do you spend the Gold Coin on a map? If I spend it I can't make an action. How do I go into battle and have it activated?

I'm conpuzzled.

How does Extravagance work? How do you spend the Gold Coin before battle? What do you spend it on? How do you spend the Gold Coin on a map? If I spend it I can't make an action. How do I go into battle and have it activated?

I'm conpuzzled.

If you have a Gold Coin in the character's inventory and you attack the enemy, you'll destroy the coin and activate the skill.

Speaking of the level 99 visible cap, I read you could still level up to gain more skills once you reached it, but can you still level up to get more stat level ups? Is it that you still get (1?) exp and when you reach unseen 100 exp points, you get a new level up back to 99 and thus the new skill, or something else entirely?

Speaking of the level 99 visible cap, I read you could still level up to gain more skills once you reached it, but can you still level up to get more stat level ups? Is it that you still get (1?) exp and when you reach unseen 100 exp points, you get a new level up back to 99 and thus the new skill, or something else entirely?

Yes you can still gain stats and skills from lv.99 onwards.

Just something on my mind, but how difficult is Treasure of the Ruins compared to The Golden Gaffe? On early-game Nohr Normal mode to be exact.

It is pretty difficult considering enemies attack you and scale with how far you are into the story.

What happens when you buy a physical copy of both games. Will you be screwed by the save system & other gimmicks from DLC?

don't. it'd be more expensive (assuming same half-price deal Japan had, unless they apply that deal to physical copies) and you wouldn't get free Dread Scrolls/Dark Falcon Wings since, to my knowledge, there's no way to link the 2 physical copies

what do you mean by save system and other gimmicks?

Edited by GoXDS

What happens when you buy a physical copy of both games. Will you be screwed by the save system & other gimmicks from DLC?

Much like GoXDS said, you cannot link two physical copies of the games so yeah.You would not be screwed out of Dread Fighter or Dark Falcon as they are available from DLC but yeah.Really it would be best to get the SE since it is cheaper if you want a physical copy.(Well that is if we get a SE)

So like, if I play the story more, it gets harder?

All of the enemies' levels increase based on how far you are into the game. By the end of the game in Awakening, you're probably strong enough to just put the game on AUTO and sleep through the DLC. In Fates, enemies are much more dangerous and reinforcements appear regularly.

All of the enemies' levels increase based on how far you are into the game. By the end of the game in Awakening, you're probably strong enough to just put the game on AUTO and sleep through the DLC. In Fates, enemies are much more dangerous and reinforcements appear regularly.

Sounds like I won't get bored, at least.

Where can I get a Shining Bow in Birthright? Does an enemy ever drop one in the chapters?

No, unless I missed something in all of my playthroughs, there are absolutely no Shining Bows in Hoshido. They are limited stock so you can't buy them from other player's castles either. DLC or bust, basically

No, unless I missed something in all of my playthroughs, there are absolutely no Shining Bows in Hoshido. They are limited stock so you can't buy them from other player's castles either. DLC or bust, basically

Darn, that sucks. Are there any other magic bows in Birthright? If not, are there any 1-2 range bows (or at least 1 ranged)?

Darn, that sucks. Are there any other magic bows in Birthright? If not, are there any 1-2 range bows (or at least 1 ranged)?

There is one 1-2 range bow, the Horizontal Yumi, but it has the same drawbacks as Javelins and Hand Axes.

The only way to get a Shining Bow in Birthright is through My Castle battle ranking, you need 825 points

Edited by Sapphire~