"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, assuming you mean lunatic and not lunatic plus (my memory is kind of shaky anyway)

Hoshido: Hoshido has larger unit count changes, but until Chap 21 (where all the units are promoted, technically it happens in Chap 19, but 19 has...gimmicks), the enemy stat increase are palty (+2 strength? +3 HP? that's not very difficult). Enemy skills are kind of to basically sucky

Nohr: Nohr has stat increases, but less enemy count increases......note that reinforcements are more of a thing on nohr, somewhat. Nohr also has it's restrictions, partially. In general nohr is a bit more difficult, largely because I would say skills, and the bosses are fairly more loaded with skills since this is lunatic

Invisible Kingdom: Invisible Kingdom throws in the stat increases very quickly (+10 Str? That's preposterous!). The contribution of numbers is less important as the game progresses, since well, numbers. Invisible Kingdom (I think, I haven't really seen *that* much Hoshido/Nohr Lunatic) is the only route to cap enemy stats, for what it's worth) (Numerically speaking, few of your units will cap their stats...most stat caps are above 30 and average is usually 30 at most anyway. It's not that people won't cap, that is). Also Invisible Kingdom (also) has sucky skills

Thanks for answering

I'd say that compared to Awakening, Fates has enemies that are more tactfully placed. You'll often run into situations where enemy ranges overlap (which is why I'm so vocal about preferring Guard Stance over Attack Stance), and sometimes they'll have ranges that don't completely overlap but carry the skill Kirikomi (Cut Through), which will pretty much kill any unit that don't have good defence.

To make things worse, sometimes physical and magical enemies mix, and player units tend to have good Def or Res, but not both. For a more disastrous example, just wait until you meet Takumi for the second time (Nohr).

You can transfer them between playthroughs, but you can't run two playthroughs in parallel at the same time and have the ranks shared bewteen both runs. So yes, just like Awakening.

Thanks for answering. I have one more question. What happens when you capture generics with enemy only skills? For example, i heard that the boss of deulest meusaum has divine shield as a personal skill.

I think this was answered earlier, but cba to check...

Do enemy skirmishes get stronger as you get farther in this game, as opposed to Awakening, where it was dependent on their spawn location?

I think this was answered earlier, but cba to check...

Do enemy skirmishes get stronger as you get farther in this game, as opposed to Awakening, where it was dependent on their spawn location?

If you spawn them yourself, you get to choose the location, and the location decides the strength and price of the Encounter.

When they appear naturally, they appear at a level relative to your progress regardless of the location.

To make things worse, sometimes physical and magical enemies mix, and player units tend to have good Def or Res, but not both. For a more disastrous example, just wait until you meet Takumi for the second time (Nohr).

I had to use Cut Through to deal with Takumi on that chapter. It feels so good to give the enemies a taste of their own medicine.

(1) would be, if a bit silly, because Garon decided it.....though I think you know that much itself

I honestly don't know/remember (2) though...........

Xander: 1-2 Range slow melee tank. He hits hard enough, but magic hits him really hard, aegis be damned

Camilla: Fast, strong and tanky flyer

Leo: Magic, somewhat of a mixed tank (he tries, at least) and has..."somewhat" usable strength, though I think he can just stick to magic. Slow though (Still faster than Xander though)

Elise: Fast Magic Glass Cannon

Ryoma: 1-2 Range dodge tank, will probably crit/astra kill most things that aren't 1 rounded, will more or less double everything. His only weakness is if he gets hit by 1 or 2 silver lances in which case he probably will die. Technically his RES isn't all that great either

Hinoka: Fast, reasonably strong and tanky (as a Holy Lancer that is)

Takumi: 2RKOs everything, but low resistance. His speed isn't terrible, but he probably isn't going to simply double everything

Sakura: Basically Elise who trades offense for Defense, but at least she can take a hit. Just one though

Azura: Glass cannon, though unlike Elise she can't attack from range. Just use her for singing

Kamui: Depends on what you do, but technically can be a strong 1rkoing machine as well, just not overly dodgy or tanky

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Why can't I use Map A3 (正義は此処に) as my My Castle theme in Hoshido, while apparently some people can? Or do I have to progress to a certain point in the story to unlock it?

Why did Garon kidnap Kamui in the first place?

I think it's because Garon was already a minion of Hydra at that point and Evil!Hydra was messing with Good!Hydra's intentions for Kamui? I think it's explained at least a little in the IK Beginning/Ending DLC but I can't remember it off the top of my head. At the very least, Good!Hydra still thought Kamui was in Hoshido and intended to send the Awakening trio there, so Kamui being in Nohr derailed at least part of his plans.

It's the Calm version of a map theme that appears in late-game maps in Hoshido. This is the Ablaze version:https://youtu.be/5h9iyb50Osg

I see. I thought it was a lategame map theme.

EDIT: How many chapters would I expect to take to marry Felicia to male Corrin? Second, when does Mozume's paralogue open up?

Edited by Levant Colthearts

So I tried looking for an answer to this question everywhere and I'm sure it's been answered but I just can't find it. I'm well aware that the Special Edition and Download only gives you access to chapters pre-6 but what if I get a Physical copy and download Hoshido wasn't that suppose to be a thing where I got a discount? Thanks in advance

EDIT: Nevermind figured it out with broken Japanese glad Physical users aren't punished lol

Edited by MitoRequiem

What do you mean by later joining recruits?

..But the answer is no

Not really sure, but I know that later joiners in Awakening (primarily after the first arc of the game) did get bonuses to their stats, though they weren't the only ones, come to think of it. I might've meant anyone who joined after the first half of the game. Either way, thanks.

Hi,

I just want to know if we play the game with tubehax (or anything else that prevents eshop's use) , the game has only 12 chapters :blink: in a cartridge? It's kind of a scam if it is really true don't you think?

What do you mean by later joining recruits?

Basically, characters like Basillio, Flavia and the spotpass characters got boosts to their bases to help make them competent. So say if you're playing Lunatic Hoshido. Does Asura have better bases then if he joined on normal?