"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

This quote is from the Guilty Confessions topic, but I'm bringing it over here because it's relevant to my question.

A possibility might be due to the way that hair color inheritance works programmatically, color overlay doesn't reproduce the same exact hue as aqua's than if you just colored it normally but an slightly off-shade. When I was coding kamuicustomizer I had to do a lot of manual adjustments to the colors I picked off of rey's youtube video to actually fit the color because when I apply the overlay filter with it, it was actually a slightly different color.

This quote tells us that it's possible that the hair color parents pass down is different from their own. Then, aside from Azura, what other parents suffer from this? For instance, the hair color Effie passes down doesn't seem to be the same as her own, whereas the color Camilla passes down seems pretty similar to her own.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This quote tells us that it's possible that the hair color parents pass down is different from their own. Then, aside from Azura, what other parents suffer from this? For instance, the hair color Effie passes down doesn't seem to be the same as her own, whereas the color Camilla passes down seems pretty similar to her own.

Elise and Rinka pass down same/similar hair colors, even though Elise is more blonde than white. I noticed this when planning out my aesthetic run. I think Hinoka's gets a bit more brighter when passed down, too, or its just clashing with the child's color palette.

Lighter colors see a more drastic difference than darker colors when applied with the overlay filter. In cases with lighter hair, also, sometimes the shadow tone is not reproducible by the way that variable-hair character hair handles. For example

[spoiler=big pic]

0d5320dbea.png

I made this as an example of how very light hair colors, especially desaturated tones, often map to a light blonde on the variable hair character. I picked Henry's tone (rgb(236 236 236)) and put it through an overlay filter on Robin, which is clearly not grey anymore. The reddish tone that henry's hair shadows handles is also impossible to replicate using the current way that variable hair is handled, and to replicate something like that would require a filter for both the base and the shadow.

something like the Camilla purple is already in the midtone range, which makes the difference in overlay results not as apparent. Another thing is that Kamui and Robin both have base hair tone of rgb(128,120, 112), which results in a very desaturated brown rather than pure grey. This causes the tones to shift slightly darker and also more yellowish after the filter is applied. When I was adjusting my colors for the customizers (since i got them off youtube videos,as result colors, so i had to adjust them myself), the colors do get more saturated as well, from what I noticed.

I suspect what's going on is, the non-kamui parents just have a hair color that corresponds to the base color in which their own hair is colored and stored as the color value that their child would then use the overlay filter on, instead of an adjusted value that would make the results closer to what they have at base.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Pretty sure she has to reach Level 16 and Level 17 to get the two Maid skills.

I have a question myself: Is there a way to legitimately acquire Aptitude on every character?

I assume not, but I've seen peoples' My Castles where everybody has Aptitude, so I was wondering if they were hacked (or got them from a hacked castle) or it's actually possible.

First Gen characters can't get aptitude (Aside Mozume but yes). Any second gen character except Shigure can get aptitude legally

So yeah lots of hacked skills

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Question. How hard is it to get the Explosive Shuriken? I know you get one in Nohr during a chapter with Saizou in it. Because without it, Felicia is getting her butt straight into strategist.

Once the Hoshido weapon shop is Lv.2 you can buy them (I believe the Max is 2 at Lv.2 and 3 at Lv.3). That's about it though.

Question. How hard is it to get the Explosive Shuriken? I know you get one in Nohr during a chapter with Saizou in it. Because without it, Felicia is getting her butt straight into strategist.

You can also use the Ice Tray for Felicia.

Once the Hoshido weapon shop is Lv.2 you can buy them (I believe the Max is 2 at Lv.2 and 3 at Lv.3). That's about it though.

You get only 1 at Lv 2.

I've heard that children paralogues are accessible ASAP, and they level up depending on how far along into the game you are, if you don't pick them up right away.
If that's true, then how long should I wait in Nohr before rounding up the kids? I'm definitely going to be doing my best to get everyone married off, and thus all of the kids-- minus Eponine and Kanna because Zero/Mamui.

I've heard that children paralogues are accessible ASAP, and they level up depending on how far along into the game you are, if you don't pick them up right away.

If that's true, then how long should I wait in Nohr before rounding up the kids? I'm definitely going to be doing my best to get everyone married off, and thus all of the kids-- minus Eponine and Kanna because Zero/Mamui.

It depends on the paralogue. While the children level up automatically, the enemies do too. And while the children stop leveling up at level 20 (but you can you the Child Seal which comes with them so they can catch up after you can control them) the enemies can keep leveling up. For example, in Ignis' paralogue you start pretty far away from him and he's defending a building. If you wait too long (like until the end of the game) he'll be a level 20 knight surrounded by level 20 promoted enemies... Edited by riolumaster

It depends on the paralogue. While the children level up automatically, the enemies do too. And while the children stop leveling up at level 20 (but you can you the Child Seal which comes with them so they can catch up after you can control them) the enemies can keep leveling up. For example, in Ignis' paralogue you start pretty far away from him and he's defending a building. If you wait too long (like until the end of the game) he'll be a level 20 knight surrounded by level 20 promoted enemies...

Wait... Don't you have to get to a certain point in the story to access the children's paralogues, in addition to marrying off people?

This may be a weird choice, but how does Crimson fare as an Adventurer? I know she's perfectly fine as a Wyvern Lord, but I'm just wondering if there are alternate options for her.

Edited by Minischew

No

With one exception that happens after Hoshido 15, it's a whenever S rank happens basis; FE13 has a chapter limit because Lucina needs to be the first to show up, but no such thing is in fates

Okay then. Nice to know.

Is it possible to fill up the log book with every character at max stats with all skills they can obtain? (Not counting A+ or S ranks)

Yes.

There are 71 characters in this game if you count Kamui and Kanna as 2 each. Just a bit shy of Radiant Dawn's 73 (counting the Black Knight), though New Mystery has 77.

You can keep updating the characters' skills through My Castle visits and adding your units to the logbook and buying their skills from other save files.

Stats can be obtained by the Eternal Seal or through stat-boosting items, which I think you can get through Skirmishes with Shinobi/Jonin/Thief/Adventurer bosses (who may carry a random droppable item) if you're really lucky.

I asked this before and it wasn't answered so I will ask again in case people missed it:

Can I buy DLC skills for characters who had them in a previous file? For example, can I get Azura Awakening if she had it in a previous file without making her a Great Lord?

I asked this before and it wasn't answered so I will ask again in case people missed it:

Can I buy DLC skills for characters who had them in a previous file? For example, can I get Azura Awakening if she had it in a previous file without making her a Great Lord?

I'm not 100% sure, but I'm fairly certain you can.

Does anyone know how inheritance (as in growth rates and stat caps) actually works? I've read that it's different from Awakening but I can't seem to find any confirmation anywhere either way.

Edited by Nyzaxia

Does anyone know how inheritance (as in growth rates and stat caps) actually works? I've read that it's different from Awakening but I can't seem to find any confirmation anywhere either way.

Mods seem to be the same, but growths seem to be (child's natural growth + variable parent's growth)/2.

I don't think the new growth formula has actually been confirmed yet, but it seems to be the case.

Rather than mods/growths, I personally want more info on base stats. How exactly does the parents' (both) stats and the progression of the game affect a child's bases?

Edited by Minischew

DLC skills can't be bought.

(Normal skills can)

Hello everyone, I have a couple of questions I'd like to ask.

1. Does strategy now revolve around stat-decrements? Many of the new skills and weapons have a lot of stat buffs and debuffs, and absolute damage modification (for example Mirror Strike, which decreases taken magic damage by a whopping 20 when user initiates battle).

1.5. It seems the weapons that decrease stats per use accumulates, so would the stronger weapons only ever be useful when close to finishing a map (less enemies) or when it finishes off the boss (commander and seize maps)?

2. Are the skills that decrease enemy HP after battle valuable (Snake Venom, Four Fangs, Deadly Breath)?

3. How can you farm gold (Hoshido and Revelation)? I've seen some videos where enemies just drop gold without having barter items on hand (bullion), and finishing some chapters flat out give you money. The Great Merchant skill Easy Life has a chance to give you Gold Coins, but those only sell for 300g which doesn't seem like a lot, especially with item prices inflated. The FE14 item page doesn't have any other "bullion" type items so I was curious.

3.5.By extension, how would the Fate's Golden Gaffe DLC version work? Does it have enemies holding the Gold Coins or is it similar to the second sentence where enemies simply drop gold without barter items on hand?

Thank you!