"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

Is there a way to grind for supports on Birthright/Revelations without influencing other factors? For instance, on Conquest, you can use MyCastle battles since they don't count for EXP (but in Birthright/Revelations they do...).

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a way to grind for supports on Birthright/Revelations without influencing other factors? For instance, on Conquest, you can use MyCastle battles since they don't count for EXP (but in Birthright/Revelations they do...).

Seed of Trust? I guess? Other than that, nothing comes to mind. Sorry.

Edited by Phillius

There's not much you can do about consequence-less support grinding in Birthright/Revelations, unfortunately. You could equip the joke weapons (there are a few other weapons that either can't kill or even heal the enemy) so you aren't getting too much experience per battle.

For the best (read; worst) weapons, you can use:

Kunai: Small stone (weak, can't double)

Bow: Horizontal Yumi (can't double, 1-2 range) Zero's Sadist bow (can't double or kill) or Cupid bow (weak, heals enemy after battle)

Tome: Petit Fire (weak)

Sword: Takumi's Bamboo Blade (can't kill or double)

Axe:Carp (weak)

Lance: Pieri's Little Lance (weak, can't double)

Edited by NekoKnight

Does My Castle have customization grounds and how do I do it? I've visited a few and could tell a difference between the starting Hoshido/Nohr ones. But have seen a good handfull of which I'm not sure which route they're from. Like some with gates, others with water....what I thought to be Nohr with some good grass......

Also what is the maximum amount of characters that you can recruit in an army?

Does My Castle have customization grounds and how do I do it? I've visited a few and could tell a difference between the starting Hoshido/Nohr ones. But have seen a good handfull of which I'm not sure which route they're from. Like some with gates, others with water....what I thought to be Nohr with some good grass......

You have a number of preset layouts depending on your route (all of them in Revelations iirc). You can talk to your helper (Felicia or Jacob but you can change that too) to change the appearance, layout, name and music of your castle.

I believe the max number of characters is 58.

Edited by NekoKnight

Nohr My Castles will have darker or "wasteland" terrains while Hoshido My Castles have brighter colors and more "grassland" type terrains. Not sure how Relevations My Castles look like though, but I heard they use the Hoshido terrain by default.

The maximum units you can recruit varies from which route you take, but for Relevations, you are supposed to get all the characters bar a few exceptions. The maximum characters you are allowed to use in My Castle battles are 10 IIRC.

You have a number of preset layouts depending on your route (all of them in Revelations iirc). You can talk to your helper (Felicia or Jacob but you can change that too) to change the appearance, layout, name and music of your castle.

I believe the max number of characters is 58.

I feel incredibly dumb, to think something that urked me for a week has been so obvious all along. Thanks!

Edit:@ Dark Paladin

Tends to be that way, I don't think I've visited a castle with Hoshido 2 + 3. I think the ones that had the water are the IK ones. But these are all really nice. Now I get to spend more time arranging stuff.

And thanks for recruitment numbers

Edited by Tasya

So I noticed in the E3 trailer, there was an anime scene towards the end and I was wondering, considering Corrin's customization in game..how is that handled? Or was that something done specifically for advertisement?

That bit is exactly the same regardless of what your Kamui looks like.

[spoiler= ]It happens right after Mikoto's death in chapter 5. It's Kamui transforming into the dragon form.

I feel incredibly dumb, to think something that urked me for a week has been so obvious all along. Thanks!

Edit:@ Dark Paladin

Tends to be that way, I don't think I've visited a castle with Hoshido 2 + 3. I think the ones that had the water are the IK ones. But these are all really nice. Now I get to spend more time arranging stuff.

And thanks for recruitment numbers

For My Castle sets, Hoshido and Nohr both have 3 appearance/layouts. I presume IK gets both sets.

Hoshido:

Hoshido Castle (red castle, cherry trees)

Wind Village (desert, mountainous)

Izumo (wood walls, forest)

Nohr:

Nohr Castle (trees, stone castle)

Chevalier (plain stone building, inner wall around center)

Muse (land areas divided by canals)

Stupid question, do the differet layouts have different decorations you can place?

Also, are any my castle styles bigger than the others?

The different layouts have different features (some have impassable trees, breakable walls) but these can't be manipulated. Available buildings/decorations depend on what route you are doing.

All of the styles have the same full area although some areas have more impassable tiles within the border than others.

Edited by NekoKnight

Hello everyone,

Some weeks ago i watched this video:

It is about Rom editing the game, and since i have an inported version of Fates i am quite interested.

Does some here know how to do this, or a guide on how to do this. (I know the site GBAtemp, or something like that, but have never visited it)

I dont know if this is the right place to ask this, but since it is about Fates i though i could post this here.

Sorry for my bad english, it is not my native language.

Have a nice day.

It seems one of my other questions was missed. Is it possible to save scum supports like it was in Awakening, where all you had to do was view the support, save, and you could delete the file and it would remain?

So I noticed in the E3 trailer, there was an anime scene towards the end and I was wondering, considering Corrin's customization in game..how is that handled? Or was that something done specifically for advertisement?

To be specific, that scene uses angles and lighting to hide Corrin's face. Your chosen voice will be heard in the cutscene though.

Is it possible to farm like, the dead trees, spikes, and other map items you obtain? Or are they a one time only thing?

I'm not sure what you're referring to. Do you mean items (weapons) you get from talking to people in your My Castle? I don't recall ever getting dead trees or spikes.

They appear as My Castle decor that you can use to make your map more dangerous online.

As far as I can tell, you only get one of each. I've only gotten one healing zone, one fort, one set of spikes, one forest, etc.

I assume that just like in previous Fire Emblem games, if you lose your Avatar/Lord character on the battlefield it's an automatic game over. Does this extend to other characters as well (namely Azura)?

And about Phoenix Mode (just out of curiosity's sake), how exactly does it work? I know that when a character gets defeated they return with full(?) health the next turn, but what exactly happens? Do they gray out or disappear off the battlefield? And when they revive, is it at the spot they were defeated or do they respawn elsewhere? And relating with the above question, I heard rumors that you don't get typical game overs in Phoenix Mode; is this true?

I assume that just like in previous Fire Emblem games, if you lose your Avatar/Lord character on the battlefield it's an automatic game over. Does this extend to other characters as well (namely Azura)?

I think that you only get game overs with Azura is Classic mode, but I may be wrong.

And about Phoenix Mode (just out of curiosity's sake), how exactly does it work? I know that when a character gets defeated they return with full(?) health the next turn, but what exactly happens? Do they gray out or disappear off the battlefield? And when they revive, is it at the spot they were defeated or do they respawn elsewhere? And relating with the above question, I heard rumors that you don't get typical game overs in Phoenix Mode; is this true?

If a unit dies in Phoenix Mode, they return next turn with full health. They simply disappear as they would when they normally die but then kind of teleport back in the same place they died. I believe in order to game over in Phoenix you need to loose all your units in one turn.