"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

Hey guys sorry if this was asked before, but does anyone know if you can choose to play Revelation from the getgo with the Special Edition? I'm not asking about if you need to wait until a certain date to play it, but like if you haven't beatean Nohr/Hoshido can you play it straight away?

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys sorry if this was asked before, but does anyone know if you can choose to play Revelation from the getgo with the Special Edition? I'm not asking about if you need to wait until a certain date to play it, but like if you haven't beatean Nohr/Hoshido can you play it straight away?

You don't have to beat any path to play Revelations.

You do need to wait for it to come out of course, but that's it.

It's slower than FE6

To be honest I don't entirely recall all the games, but it's the slowest of all the game's I've played (FE6-13)

Not that I've actually stalked and measured my own data, so I may be wrong

Wait, really? Because I'm not sure it'd be FE6 level slow (where WExp was fixed at 1 per attack and you needed 50 attacks to go from one weapon rank to the next [subtract 1 for every finishing hit]).

Who are generally considered the best/popular candidates for the DLC classes (Great Lord, Lodestar, Grandmaster, Dark Falcon, Dread Fighter)?

Kids are up to you

Dread Fighter:

Nohr - Silas, Kaze, Camilla, Xander, Charlotte

Hoshido - Saizou, Kaze, Kagerou, Ryoma, Asama (mainly to get him out of a magic class asap, but that's just preferance.)

Dark Falcon:

Hoshido - Sakura, Yomi, Orochi, Subaki, Oboro, Hinoka, Azura

Nohr - Leo, Nyx, Odin, Elise

Lodestar:

Hoshido - Ryoma, Silas, Asama

Nohr - Xander, Silas, Lazwald

Great Lord:

Hoshido - Hana, Hinoka, Oboro, Kagerou, Azura

Nohr - Selena, Effie, Camilla

Grandmaster:

Hoshido: Yomi, Saizou

Nohr: Leo, Odin, Lazwald (for rallying purposes)

Witch:

Hoshido: Orochi, Sakura, Azura

Nohr: Nyx, Elise

Not too sure about the Ballista class, though I hear Takumi and Benoit work it pretty well.

Any time I said Azura, it applies to both routes.

Couldn't find this one, how do you get proximity shot.. or something like that, skill which makes your bows 1-2 range from 2 range.
I might like it for Zero in Nohr whenever Fates will be relesed in EU, however i still have no idea how and where to get it lol

Probably in future DLC. Only way to get it.

That's the thing, i saw some people using this skill, on jp fates, however still no idea how to get it, Ugh maybe same case as for Witch dlc? Need to wait few turns and Ballistician with proximity shot scroll would appear or something?

Wish i could check lol

That's probably because they hack the game for the scroll that you shouldn't be able to get normally. Adding inventory codes and such. It's why so many people give Aptitude to characters.

That's probably because they hack the game for the scroll that you shouldn't be able to get normally. Adding inventory codes and such. It's why so many people give Aptitude to characters.

Well you might be right, unfortunally.

I pray this skill will be obiantable easly tho, That's one good ass skill for archers~

I just saw that thing on the front page about preordering DLC.

Which, uh, why. They're not going to run out of stock of DLC, I hope.

I mean is it like predownloading the game so you have it on your 3ds and just have to wait for "release" to actually play (or is that not even a thing)

You don't have to beat any path to play Revelations.

You do need to wait for it to come out of course, but that's it.

Oh okay so if I get the special edition on release day then I'd be able to play Revelations straight away. Thank you.

Wait, really? Because I'm not sure it'd be FE6 level slow (where WExp was fixed at 1 per attack and you needed 50 attacks to go from one weapon rank to the next [subtract 1 for every finishing hit]).

I'm not really sure, but I think "killing blow" wexp bonus was removed a few games ago or so.

IMO the WEXP just slowly crawls up, and by slowly and crawl i do mean that.

Honestly it might depend on spread of characters though, I'm not sure when the children characters start with B ranks

I'm not really sure, but I think "killing blow" wexp bonus was removed a few games ago or so.

IMO the WEXP just slowly crawls up, and by slowly and crawl i do mean that.

Honestly it might depend on spread of characters though, I'm not sure when the children characters start with B ranks

Well, I've been assuming the WEXP formula is the same as in Shadow Dragon and afterwards.

Warning: before anyone answers this, I'm having a strict spoiler blackout so please try to answer this question while giving minimal information about plot or the maps, or who joins and when.

I've got a question regarding how the "jump to the Fatal Branching Point" option works. So I hear that if you own both Hoshido and Nohr campaigns, you get the option to skip stright to the decision in Chapter 6 when starting a new game. Since I plan on playing Hoshido and Nohr around the same time, I might use this, but I have one potential issue:

Does it work like skipping Lyn's story in FE7, where everyone who joins in Chapters 1-5 gets robbed of exp and joins with "default" stats? I remember I skipped Lyn's story once back in FE7, and I never did again because you lose way too much exp. Is the loss of these chapters as major a setback as that or not?

From what it seems like, most of the people who join during these chapters are either "both routes" or Hoshido-exclusive, so it shouldn't have much affect on a Nohr run. For Hoshido though it might hurt a few characters slightly. (Also, what about Kamui's levels? Do they just get auto-leveled? Because there's no way they'd throw you 6 chapters in with a Lv 1 Lord)

Other question on this: does it let you create a new Avatar? Because I plan on using a male on one route and a female on the other.

In regards to My Castle features, suppose I have three saves in my 3DS (one with a Birthright My Castle, one with the Conquest My Castle, and one with the Revelations My Castle). I only want visitors to access the My Castle from my Revelations save, is there a way to do that?

just update the My Castle in your Revelations save.

Warning: before anyone answers this, I'm having a strict spoiler blackout so please try to answer this question while giving minimal information about plot or the maps, or who joins and when.

I've got a question regarding how the "jump to the Fatal Branching Point" option works. So I hear that if you own both Hoshido and Nohr campaigns, you get the option to skip stright to the decision in Chapter 6 when starting a new game. Since I plan on playing Hoshido and Nohr around the same time, I might use this, but I have one potential issue:

Does it work like skipping Lyn's story in FE7, where everyone who joins in Chapters 1-5 gets robbed of exp and joins with "default" stats? I remember I skipped Lyn's story once back in FE7, and I never did again because you lose way too much exp. Is the loss of these chapters as major a setback as that or not?

From what it seems like, most of the people who join during these chapters are either "both routes" or Hoshido-exclusive, so it shouldn't have much affect on a Nohr run. For Hoshido though it might hurt a few characters slightly. (Also, what about Kamui's levels? Do they just get auto-leveled? Because there's no way they'd throw you 6 chapters in with a Lv 1 Lord)

Other question on this: does it let you create a new Avatar? Because I plan on using a male on one route and a female on the other.

No, they keep your exp, level and support for all your units who will join you sometime later. Your Kamui also will use level, exp, stats (though it will be different depends on your new asset/flaw) and difficulty setting from the last save point when you reached chapter 6 and it lets you to create new avatar.

Edited by KamuiSama

No, they keep your exp, level and support for all your units who will join you sometime later. Your Kamui also will use level, exp, stats (though it will be different depends on your new asset/flaw) and difficulty setting from the last save point when you reached chapter 6 and it lets you to create new avatar.

That's a really interesting way of handling it that I wasn't expecting, thanks for the info.

Though this does mean that if you choose to be a different gender, Felicia/Jakob (whichever one you didn't have in your first save) won't benefit... or does the other one's exp transfer over to them?

That's a really interesting way of handling it that I wasn't expecting, thanks for the info.

Though this does mean that if you choose to be a different gender, Felicia/Jakob (whichever one you didn't have in your first save) won't benefit... or does the other one's exp transfer over to them?

I've been playing with male avatar so far.. and when I tried to make New Decision with female avatar, in chapter 6 I got level 1 Jakob with 0 exp lol so the level and exp for Jakob/Felicia won't transfer if you pick different gender.

What exactly is the benefit to capturing generic units?

If you play on Casual, or if you play on Classic and reset the game every time a unit dies, then there isn't really any benefit to having a bunch of inferior filler units around.

If you never reset and find yourself actually permanently losing units, then capturing enemies can let you replace your tanks and healers much in the same way generics did in Shadow Dragon.

Otherwise, it can let you have some units in classes you can't access in your route, like getting a Dark Mage in Birthright (aside from Corrin's Secondary Class). It's also the only way to use the Lancer class. Those aren't really too valuable at all, though.

Do the enemy levels in children paralogues scale according to the party stats or story progression?

In terms of capping stats, which seal(Child or Master) would you say will cap stats the fastest assuming that the Master Seal'ed child unit will get enough experience to match the post Child Seal level?