"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

Do the enemy levels in children paralogues scale according to the party stats or story progression?

In terms of capping stats, which seal(Child or Master) would you say will cap stats the fastest assuming that the Master Seal'ed child unit will get enough experience to match the post Child Seal level?

story. it's kinda hard to scale for party

Child Seals lvl up stats based on the child's growths anyways so equal. if anything, Child Seal is faster since you skip lvls

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of those DLC class seals permanently add the class to the character's class options.

Now, my question, does that apply to Buddy/Marriage seals as well? Or do you have to use another Buddy/Marriage seal?

I'm pretty sure you still need to use another Buddy/Marriage seals because that's why they exist lol

All of those DLC class seals permanently add the class to the character's class options.

Now, my question, does that apply to Buddy/Marriage seals as well? Or do you have to use another Buddy/Marriage seal?

Buddy and Marriage seals permanently add the class to the character's reclass list. As such, whenever they parallel seal back, they will be able to reclass to their spouse/buddy's class at any time with ease via another parallel seal. In that regard, they function identically to a DLC seal.

Buddy and Marriage seals permanently add the class to the character's reclass list. As such, whenever they parallel seal back, they will be able to reclass to their spouse/buddy's class at any time with ease via another parallel seal. In that regard, they function identically to a DLC seal.

so.. we only need to use Buddy/Marriage seals once?

Wait, what. I'm pretty sure they don't.

Wait, what. I'm pretty sure they don't.

yeah that's what I'm thinking too and I have a proof that Buddy/Marriage seals didn't add class to a unit class list..

XO3qcJi.jpg

Here is Lazwald as Dark Knight (A+ Odin) and I'm trying to use Parallel seal on him, but no Sorcerer in his reclass option.. so yeah, he is wrong.

Edited by KamuiSama

No, it does not add the marriage class to the reclass list. If you want to reclass to spouse's class pool again, you need to use another marriage seal. Doesn't matter too much since they cost the same, unless you pick up a free seal.

yeah that's what I'm thinking too and I have a proof that Buddy/Marriage seals didn't add class to a unit class list..

XO3qcJi.jpg

Here is Lazwald as Dark Knight (A+ Odin) and I'm trying to use Parallel seal on him, but no Sorcerer in his reclass option.. so yeah, he is wrong.

Shoot I'm wrong. Sorry about that. I'll pull up my game and test it really quick just to be sure. I thought for sure I knew what I was talking about.

So I heard from a lot of people that children are very underwhelming compared to awakening. Why is that? The formulas all look unchanged and some of the children actually seem to be very decent units (from what I've seen in the wiki at least).

The fixed parent doesn't affect the child's growths (which could result in a case where, say, you like Orochi and marry her with to a speed asset Corrin. The resulting Kanna's speed would likely grow slowly anyway), for one. Second, if you get them too early, their bases might not be any better than their parents' stats - they might even be worse.

Edited by Levant Colthearts

How come Rinkah!Matoi has such a poor defence score? I got her as early as I could and she's not impressing me with anything other than the Swordslayer she brought (which anybody else could use).

exactly because you got her as early as possible? even if you got her later, children in Fates do not inherit nearly as much stats as the children in Awakening did (though we don't know the exact details of how, it's definitely lower)

and it's come to a general consensus (if you're been looking around the threads) that children are more or less equal in utility to their parents, some worse, very few better (and not by much)

My Dread Fighter Rinkah got like 3 +str/spd/def levelups in a row so I expected the marriage to produce a stellar Matoi, especially considering how she was brought up as being better than the other Hoshido kids.

what were her stats/lvl anyways? and again, some children may be better relative to each other but compared to 1st gen, not by much if at all

Which pair would make a better Kinu? Hinoka or Hana?

Hinoka!Kinu

Class inheritance: Pegasus Warrior, Falcon Warrior, Golden-Kite Warrior

Max Stats: 3+ Str, -3 Skl, +4 Spd, +2 Lck, -2 Def, +5 Res

Hana!Kinu

Class inheritance: Samurai, Swordmaster, Weapon Master

Max Stats: 3+ Str, 1+ Mag, -1 Skl, +5 Spd, +1 Lck, -4 Def, +4 Res

Summary

Personally, I would rather let you judge depending on your playstyle and preference, but if you ask me, I would prefer Hana. She has a great class and her mods makes Kinu super pretty fast. Now she makes Kinu's defense look pretty terrible but her samurai class gives out Vantage where Kinu can specialize in. Hinoka is a decent choice for a mother as well, if you make Kinu a supporting mage-killer.

Hinoka!Kinu

Class inheritance: Pegasus Warrior, Falcon Warrior, Golden-Kite Warrior

Max Stats: 3+ Str, -3 Skl, +4 Spd, +2 Lck, -2 Def, +5 Res

Hana!Kinu

Class inheritance: Samurai, Swordmaster, Weapon Master

Max Stats: 3+ Str, 1+ Mag, -1 Skl, +5 Spd, +1 Lck, -4 Def, +4 Res

Summary

Personally, I would rather let you judge depending on your playstyle and preference, but if you ask me, I would prefer Hana. She has a great class and her mods makes Kinu super pretty fast. Now she makes Kinu's defense look pretty terrible but her samurai class gives out Vantage where Kinu can specialize in. Hinoka is a decent choice for a mother as well, if you make Kinu a supporting mage-killer.

Yeah I also prefer Hana than Hinoka for Kinu.. Samurai class is just priceless though she can marry Hisame to get it. But Hinoka can make Kinu become a super debuffer by passing down Deadly Breath (Hinoka A+ Camilla), then let Kinu married Gurei for Snake Venom. So she gets, Four Fangs, Snake Venom, Deadly Breath, and her personal skill debuffs :v

Hi, I'm planning to do a nohr lunatic run ( my first ) and I want advices about my pairing. Also i heard something about getting a very good character ( generally Kamui ) with good speed bonus and some character with draw or pass to finish the last level... Can you explain or give a link that explain it ? Ty

Kamui X Jakob :

I don't know if +Mag Paladin w/Levin Sword works on lunatic...

And i will let Jakob as a Butler, or maybe getting Great Knight early to have luna

Xander X Charlotte :

I didn't do it in my hard run, so i will test it in the lunatic one.

Silas X Effie :

I really like Sophie, she is a great Paladin and is always very good on my other runs. Also, i don't want to make Effie X Harold, because I hate him and always want to bench him xd

Flannel X Camilla :

Both good characters, and to have a stronk Velour.

Leo X ??? :

I feel like I won't need Felicia, and I don't see other good moms... Arf, i wish i could marry him with Elise. Maybe with Azura ?

Zero X ??? :

Camilla is taken :/. Maybe with Azura ? Or Berka ? Since i won't get Lutz to have an another Dragon Rider

Thank you for your answers :)

Edited by CompteSecours