"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So In if/Fates is Lance|Spear Fighter is the Hoshidan equivalent class of Soldier|Lancer class while Holy Lancer is just a renamed Sentinel class for the Hoshidan Class.?

The Spear Fighter and Holy Lancer are basically the Halberdier and Sentinel from FE10, with nearly identical stat caps and the critical bonus.

Lancer is just the normal enemy Soldier class from the SNES and GBA games. It's not really equivalent to Spear Fighter in any meaningful way, even if they share a weapon type.

The Spear Fighter and Holy Lancer are basically the Halberdier and Sentinel from FE10, with nearly identical stat caps and the critical bonus.

Lancer is just the normal enemy Soldier class from the SNES and GBA games. It's not really equivalent to Spear Fighter in any meaningful way, even if they share a weapon type.

But isn't Spear Fighter|Lance Fighter the Base Class of the Hoshidan equivalent Soldier class?

Their max stats and optimization potential are just as good as in Awakening. However, their base stats will rarely be better than their parents and their weapon EXP will often be lower, so in-game you'll find that a recently recruited child unit isn't any better than either of their parents.

Moreover, in Awakening, first-gen units had very limited class options, while second-gen units had twice as many. In Fates, the child starts with no more class options than their dad does (child has two natural class sets and one inherited from their mother; father has two natural class sets, one from their wife, and potentially one from their A+ partner).

The first-gen units in Awakening often had limited options while their children were diverse and allowed players to get creative. In Fates, Heart/Buddy Seals allow one to get creative with almost any unit.

Personal skills and unique weapons also have to be considered. Woman's Nature and Raijinto are two examples of powerful tools that are simply locked to first-gen units.

I'm not sure why you mention Woman's Nature, since it looks much more useful on paper than in actual practice, given that female enemies are likely in the minority...

Edited by Levant Colthearts

But isn't Spear Fighter|Lance Fighter the Base Class of the Hoshidan equivalent Soldier class?

To clarify Spear Fighter is equivalent to the previous games' Halberdier class. Fates has another Lancer class that is generic only, which is what I think you're referring to. Caps at B rank for lances, no class skills, and only playable by capturing.

The actual Nohr equivalent of Spear Fighter is the Knight class tree.

Their max stats and optimization potential are just as good as in Awakening. However, their base stats will rarely be better than their parents and their weapon EXP will often be lower, so in-game you'll find that a recently recruited child unit isn't any better than either of their parents.

Moreover, in Awakening, first-gen units had very limited class options, while second-gen units had twice as many. In Fates, the child starts with no more class options than their dad does (child has two natural class sets and one inherited from their mother; father has two natural class sets, one from their wife, and potentially one from their A+ partner).

The first-gen units in Awakening often had limited options while their children were diverse and allowed players to get creative. In Fates, Heart/Buddy Seals allow one to get creative with almost any unit.

Personal skills and unique weapons also have to be considered. Woman's Nature and Raijinto are two examples of powerful tools that are simply locked to first-gen units.

1st Gen starts with 2 classes + potential Spouse's + potential Buddy's = 4. 2nd Gen starts with 3 classes + their potential Spouse's + potenial Buddy's = 5 + the inheritable skills that could be from classes the kids can't access this playthrough.

The actual reason this isn't as important is, in game it isn't worth or necessary for all the resources and time. Even in Awakening focusing on the children is only if you wanted to do Apotheosis or completion's sake. For optimal set ups in this game, all the characters can just get most of the skills by buying them from other players/other playthroughs so children are really just the modifiers.

The personal weapons and certain characters' personal skills are the biggest part of what really differentiate characters and children aren't as popular.

(Edited because I'm tired and cold hands aren't cooperating)

Edited by Frozen_Kappa

To clarify Spear Fighter is equivalent to the previous games Soldier class. Fates has another Lancer class that is enemy only but the actual Nohr equivalent of Spear Fighter is the Knight class tree. (Analogous classes are only relevant to a small amount of children with specific parents)

I see then.. :\

Edited by Tide of Waves

How does the ballistician work in regards to skills and critical hits?

I'm going to assume skills like Luna and Astra are out for long range attacks but can they still crit and does stuff like raven strike or snake venom have any effect?

1st Gen starts with 2 classes + potential Spouse's + potential Buddy's = 4. 2nd Gen starts with 3 classes + their potential Spouse's + potenial Buddy's = 5 + the inheritable skills that could be from classes the kids can't access this playthrough.

"Start with" is the key word here. When the kid joins, they are unmarried and have no supports built up aside from the automatic parental C-Rank, so they have three class sets. The dad, on the other hand, is married, so he has at least three class sets. Thus, the kid needs time to do anything the father couldn't have done.

I'm not sure why you mention Woman's Nature, since it looks much more useful on paper than in actual practice, given that female enemies are likely in the minority...

The situational value of easily killing certain bosses and OHKOing Sky Knights in chapters ehere they swarm you is more valuable than most personal skills. In PVP, the ratio of male to female units becomes much more even, too.

Is Normal Nohr harder than Hard Hoshido? Also, would someone who had a hard time with older FE games before Awakening have a hard time with Hard Hoshido?

While the enemies in Nohr Normal are generally less tough, there are a few maps where you need to either defend a space, hurry up, or deal with some crazy map gimmick and these can be a little tricky for inexperienced players (like all those game journalists who got their asses whooped by chapter 10).

Hard Hoshido, once you get used to the frailty of tour team and realize what your units can take, isn't too hard at all.

I read that you can get various scrolls for skills from the DLC. Like, Warp from the Witches and Strength Drain from Vanguards. Can you use those scrolls on ANY unit, or are they gender-locked?

I'm certain that this has been asked before, but what are the weapon rank bonuses in this game? Do S ranks give a significant boost over A?

It's Linear, off the top of my head every weapon gets either +1 might or +5(?) hit over their A rank, which i think is the same increase per rank
E.G. Swords go from +3 Might at A to +4 Might at S, Axe goes from 1 Might 10 Hit at A to 2 Might 10 Hit at S.
(Should be like that I think)

IMO the second one.

I'm thinking the same too.. but Hinoka!Gurei can have Deadly Breath + Snake Venom combo, and no class overlap (Weapon Master is one promoted class from Villager)

Does street pass let you duplicate DLC class changing items like the Exalt Brand that are otherwise unique?

You can't buy items in other units inventory in My Castle /Streetpass.

I read that you can get various scrolls for skills from the DLC. Like, Warp from the Witches and Strength Drain from Vanguards. Can you use those scrolls on ANY unit, or are they gender-locked?

you can use those skill scrolls on any unit.

The situational value of easily killing certain bosses and OHKOing Sky Knights in chapters ehere they swarm you is more valuable than most personal skills. In PVP, the ratio of male to female units becomes much more even, too.

PvP, I'll give you, but ingame? Sounds too situational to me (boosting damage against unit types that aren't exactly hard to off doesn't sound very useful to me)...

What DLC awards what Class-change item?

Vanguard Dawn, Ballistician Blitz, and Witch's Trial give you their respective items. Royal Royale gives you the Dread Fighter and Dark Flier items. Hidden Truths gives you the Grandmaster item. You also get a free Ballistician OR Witch item from the free A Gift From Anna DLC, but only once.

Before Awakening gives you the items for Lodestar and Great Lord, but only once. There is currently no infinite source of them, so use them wisely unless more DLC comes out.

Anyway, my question is, if I miss out on Rhajat's paralogue thanks to Hayato being a bachelor-for-life, is there anything else worthwhile I miss out on from her paralogue like a capturable boss or nifty item?

Edited by Anomalocaris

It's Linear, off the top of my head every weapon gets either +1 might or +5(?) hit over their A rank, which i think is the same increase per rank

E.G. Swords go from +3 Might at A to +4 Might at S, Axe goes from 1 Might 10 Hit at A to 2 Might 10 Hit at S.
(Should be like that I think)

So are the C-A bonuses the same as Awakening's? And do daggers give +might like swords do?

Do we know how growth rates for the kids work ? Last time I was on the forums (August/September) it seems that we didn't really know the exact formula or if it was the same as Awakening.

iirc, the formula is (Child growth rates + non-required parents growth rates)/2

So are the C-A bonuses the same as Awakening's? And do daggers give +might like swords do?

I'd assume yes for the first one, and not sure for the second.

What tomes could I get from the villages in Ophelia paralogue? I only managed to visit two from four villages, and only got Horse God and Mjollnir I think.

I believe the other two are Reverse God and a Spirit Dust.

Do we know if Supports grow in the same way they do in Awakening? I know the site lists the amount of Points necessary to get to each Level, but do we know how much certain actions raise it by? 'd reason to assume it's the same as in Awakening, but I could be wrong.