"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

another question: how do you manage to keep omega Yato? like I've seen lots of people with it in their My Castle teams, but I know you only get it at the beginning of the final chapter.

Edit: also when you recruit an avatar from the logbook do you get their held items?

1, Enter the final chapter, then return to the castle when you get the battle preparation screen. EDIT: By final I mean 27. You can't actually leave the final chapter.

2, No.

Two questions,

1. Is there any way to add characters to the Avatar Logbook before beating the game?

2. How do you recruit Nina?

1, Before beating the game, no.

2, Yeah, that character death music is very misleading.

Edited by nocturnal YL

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have two questions.

1Some personal skills are activated if the unit is the "Lead Unit". I not 100% sure what this means.

2 I am not sure how children exactly work. I mean, I know HOW to get them, but people have often been talking about children inhereting stats from their parents, and I am not sure how this works. How am I suppose to tell how the child turn out when I recruit them?

I have two questions.

1Some personal skills are activated if the unit is the "Lead Unit". I not 100% sure what this means.

2 I am not sure how children exactly work. I mean, I know HOW to get them, but people have often been talking about children inhereting stats from their parents, and I am not sure how this works. How am I suppose to tell how the child turn out when I recruit them?

1) Lead unit as in the one doing the attack (and not dual strike)

2) http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=60306

Is there a complete list on what deaths can be avoided and how yet for each path? I know there were several works in progresses or ones with a few, but then there were also things in there which turned out to be wrong and I'd just love to know if there is a 100% good to go list before I start.

Is there a complete list on what deaths can be avoided and how yet for each path? I know there were several works in progresses or ones with a few, but then there were also things in there which turned out to be wrong and I'd just love to know if there is a 100% good to go list before I start.

The only preventable death is Kaze's in Birthright (he can be saved if Corrin gets an A support with him). All the others are scripted.

Note: The childrens’ full growth rates = (Variable parent’s growth rates + Child’s growth rates) / 2 + Class growth rates.

What the hell does variable suppose to imply? This sounds like a randomized stat coming from the father or mother?

Note: The childrens’ full growth rates = (Variable parent’s growth rates + Child’s growth rates) / 2 + Class growth rates.

What the hell does variable suppose to imply? This sounds like a randomized stat coming from the father or mother?

The mother, except for Shigure and M!Kana when its the father because they are the variable and no the constant parent

The mother, except for Shigure and M!Kana when its the father because they are the variable and no the constant parent

Ah, okay. So, the child is dictated by the male parent most often and therefore to balance it makes sense the growth rates come from the mother. Okay, that makes sense. Along with possibly why Corrin + Jakob came out so bad for Kana x.X

Okay I want an opinion, not an objective question. After raising Flora to A, I really like her. Like as much as Xamilla. Who do you all think is a better wife/spouse: Camilla or Flora? I detest the S support with Flora, how she wants to bend over backwards to be a maid-wife... But she really grew on me in C-A. Meanwhile, wanted to marry Camilla since I saw here.

Also/: I married both of them and saved over on after another in a seperate slot. Is there anyway to save all the "S" conversations for the record hall?

So if MU A-ranks a same-sex character, MU can reclass into their main class set but that character can't reclass into MU's secondary class set? I thought that's how everyone was getting Basara skills for everything that moves...

You can share your secondary class via marriage seals but you can't share it with buddy seals. If Kamui A ranks a same gender character, he'll get their class but not the other way around.

Do steel weapons (or forged ones) have some sort of effect on damage produced by offensive skills?

I used a Steel Shuriken +2 and activated Rend Heaven, yet it only did the amount of damage I was already going to do (say I was going to do 14 damage twice, then after triggering the skill, I still do only 14 damage...). However, after triggering Rend Heaven on the same enemy iirc (or just another of the same enemy, I forgot) with Noble Yato, I did do the extra damage that was given by the skill...

What was the enemy, just out of curiosity? If it was something with low Strength, then that might explain why. Rend Heaven adds half the enemy's Strength or Magic to your attack depending on whether you're using a physical or magical weapon. If it was the same enemy you attacked with the Noble Yato, they would also be suffering from a Defense debuff, which might explain why it appeared that Noble Yato was actually getting the bonus damage while the Steel Shuriken wasn't between Noble Yato's higher Mt and Strength bonus.

What was the enemy, just out of curiosity? If it was something with low Strength, then that might explain why. Rend Heaven adds half the enemy's Strength or Magic to your attack depending on whether you're using a physical or magical weapon. If it was the same enemy you attacked with the Noble Yato, they would also be suffering from a Defense debuff, which might explain why it appeared that Noble Yato was actually getting the bonus damage while the Steel Shuriken wasn't between Noble Yato's higher Mt and Strength bonus.

It was I think a Sorcerer... I completely disregarded the Defense debuff though. That should explain it now haha! Oops, that was a bad moment. x)

Except even though it makes sense for the low Str, I wouldn't expect it to have that low of Str to make very little change to the damage (basically <1)...

It was I think a Sorcerer... I completely disregarded the Defense debuff though. That should explain it now haha! Oops, that was a bad moment. x)

Except even though it makes sense for the low Str, I wouldn't expect it to have that low of Str to make very little change to the damage (basically <1)...

Generic Sorcerers have 0 Strength, since their base Strength is 0 and the Sorcerer class by itself has a 0% Strength growth. So yeah, Rend Heaven with physical weapons will do absolutely nothing to a lot of enemy magical classes (excepting classes like Dark Knight because they also use physical weapons and Strength bases/growth) because of their 0s in base and growth rate.

Edited by AzureSen

Generic Sorcerers have 0 Strength, since their base Strength is 0 and the Sorcerer class by itself has a 0% Strength growth. So yeah, Rend Heaven with physical weapons will do absolutely nothing to a lot of enemy magical classes (excepting classes like Dark Knight because they also use physical weapons and Strength bases/growth) because of their 0s in base and growth rate.

That makes so much more sense, thank you so much!

I'll try to keep that in mind for next time I'm against one!

I have two questions.

1: Lead unit in attack stance or guard stance

Attack Stance: Attacks or is attacked, while not in guard stance, and with a ally unit adjacent

Guard Stance: Front unit of pair up/guard stance

I'm playing Conquest (at Chapter 16 currently if it matters) and I'm wondering if the three pre-promoted royal siblings are worth using. Habitually, I basically never use prepromote units in 'classic' FE games, but I realize circumstances may be different what with their special weapons and plot significance and whatnot.

Mainly I'm wondering about Xander and Leo... (Camilla seems quite good, I just haven't used her yet since her exp gain is way lower as a prepremote)

Both have decent tankiness and there's the obvious appeal of their special weapons, but they seem like they'll be easily overtaken by my other units in the stat department. Is it a good idea to use them and if so, when is the best time to start using them without the exp being wasted on units that could get more from defeating the same enemies?

Also, AM I OVERTHINKING THIS OR WHAT

Promoted units have fairly good bases (not perfect though, but that keeps them balanced), and fairly good growths as well. It'll just take some time for the enemies to catch up to them

Camilla: Pseudo mixed tank, fairly fast, fairly strong, and fairly high defense considering that.

Leo: High-ish magic, has resistance, actually has defense for a magic user. Downside is that his defenses aren't totally spectacular or anything, and his speed isn't really that great. And well, he may be good, but magic classes still get the short end of the stick

Xander: Low base speed, great everything else.

With weapons you need jevels like onyx to forge, you might miss something.

I am aware that you need the appropriate jewel to forge a weapon, I have plenty of each kind and have forged some iron and unique weapons. It just won't let me forge bronze or brass weapons.

Edit: I figured it out, I was trying to forge a Hoshido weapon (Brass Naginata) and I am currently playing Conquest. Funny how all the other weapons I forged just happened to be Nohr based.

Edited by Orion5487

In conquest what is the average number of units you can bring with you on a chapter? I want to plan my team early in advance.

The number grows steadily until about chapter 16, and after that you can usually deploy around 12-14 units. It's about the same in every route.

I usually do six pairings + Azura. That's not to say that I don't have Azura married, just that, as a pure support unit, it's often a waste of someone's turn to have them fight alongside her. Then in chapters where I'm allowed 14 I throw in a pre-leveled support unit like Flora, Shura, Yukimura or Izana.

I'm sure this has been answered, but what's recommended for Rinkah? She's kind of meh, but I want to use her. Is she better in one of her promotions or as a Dread Fighter?

Some people like her as an axe tank, but by and large most people just bench her.