"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

is there any reason not to promote at ten given how skilss work now?

Depends on what limitations you're giving yourself.

• If you refuse to use Eternal Seals, then the same rules as the old games go: promote at 20 for maximum potential stats, or promote earlier for accessing the promotion gains early.
  • If you refuse to grind for gold (either through DLC or skills), Eternal Seals being prohibitively expensive may prevent you from using them.
  • If you feel that anything is fair game, then go ahead and promote at level 10. You won't miss out anything.

I'm the first type of player. I promote at 20 and refuse to use Eternal Seals.

Edited by nocturnal YL

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Several questions, mostly about the Avatar Log.

1: Avatar Log - Battle Dialogue

- Do Bond Units and Guest Units have battle dialogue? (Battle Grunts, Victory Quotes, etc.)

- I know that Einherjar do not have battle dialogue and are completely silent. I think that Prisoners have generic battle dialogue, but I only have a boss character captured right now, so I don't know about the actual generics.

= I originally wanted to make an Avatar Army, thinking my Avatars would at least have some battle dialogue like Awakening. I was surprised when Avatar Einherjar were completely silent, so I was wondering if there is a way to maintain their voiced lines.

2: Avatar Log - Guest Units

- What is a guest unit? I want to say these are the 5 units one gets at the end of the game, but I am not sure.

3: Avatar Log - Max Field Amount

- I know the max to hold within the Avatar Log is 99, but how many can be fielded at once? I think in Awakening it was 20.

1. Grunts don't seem to have voices, just like the Einherjar. Bosses have battle cries when swinging weapons, but they don't seem to actually have lines. They say nothing when winning a battle or supporting someone else, but you can hear them shouting generic cries when they attack, think Link from Zelda. Bond Units have full battle voices.

2. Guest units are the characters from other Fire Emblem games - pretty much just the Amiibo in the localized version.

3. The limit is still 20.

Edited by NeonZ

If I have the mess hall, how often should I make food to feed the army?

Food gives temporary boosts to half or all of the units for one battle. The stats boosted depend on the food used. See Serenes Forest for more details.

I almost always go for Spd+2, Def+2 in my Nohr run.

I don't know if anything like this question has been answered yet, so I'll ask anyway.

I was playing around with Camilla's class options and A+'ed her with Beruka. Then, I Friendship Seal her to Hero and she's getting Merc and Fighter skills? Even though she has no Mercenary access at this point?

I don't know if anything like this question has been answered yet, so I'll ask anyway.

I was playing around with Camilla's class options and A+'ed her with Beruka. Then, I Friendship Seal her to Hero and she's getting Merc and Fighter skills? Even though she has no Mercenary access at this point?

Edit: Nvm, I skimmed over the last bit. I dunno what the issue is, but something like this should be what happens when you have her marry Lazward and A+ Belka or marry Harold/Flannel and A+ Luna. Edited by Matt-hue

So planning pairings.

If you pair Takumi and Setsuna, Takumi can't Partner Seal the Archer class, so he'll take her secondary class, Ninja, right?

What if you pair Takumi and Oboro? Where If Takumi tries to use Partner Seal, Oboro's primary class is Spear Fighter, which is already Takumi's secondary class.

So planning pairings.

If you pair Takumi and Setsuna, Takumi can't Partner Seal the Archer class, so he'll take her secondary class, Ninja, right?

What if you pair Takumi and Oboro? Where If Takumi tries to use Partner Seal, Oboro's primary class is Spear Fighter, which is already Takumi's secondary class.

Takumi gets no new class from Oboro.

[

Edit: Nvm, I skimmed over the last bit. I dunno what the issue is, but something like this should be what happens when you have her marry Laslow and A+ Belka or marry Arthur/Keaton and A+ Luna.

Come to think about it, I actually didn't know the fact that I married her off to Laslow this time around had a hand in why she got Merc skills despite using a Friendship Seal with an A+ with Beruka. That's kinda interesting to know that something like that would happen with one class shared in the class sets of an A+ partner and an S partner. Edited by Just call me AL

Ok maybe this question are already be answerd but becouse im lazy (yes i know im terrible user) and i can't find answer anyware alse i ask here. How the A+ support work? Becouse i manager to have A+ support with Mozu and Oboro, becouse im intrestend to give a Mozu the Spear Fighter class, but i see Mozu can support even with Effi and Nyx. So i can do this support too or is like S support so i can do only with one unit? And for the avatar works in the same way?

Sorry for the question but im still use the japanese version, becouse here in italy the game is not out, and my japanese is not great (just like my english).

Ok maybe this question are already be answerd but becouse im lazy (yes i know im terrible user) and i can't find answer anyware alse i ask here. How the A+ support work? Becouse i manager to have A+ support with Mozu and Oboro, becouse im intrestend to give a Mozu the Spear Fighter class, but i see Mozu can support even with Effi and Nyx. So i can do this support too or is like S support so i can do only with one unit? And for the avatar works in the same way?

Sorry for the question but im still use the japanese version, becouse here in italy the game is not out, and my japanese is not great (just like my english).

for other unit, it works like S-support so you can only have A+

Avatar only needs A support with same gendered units to reclass to their class.

Why doesn't he get Apothecary?

Partner Seal only check your base class, since Takumi has different base class than Oboro, he will get any class from Oboro's base class, in this case Spear Fighter even though he already has it as his secondary class. Some rare case example is Takumi x Mozu. Because Mozu can't pass Villager to Takumi, the game made her secondary class (Archer) as base class for her buddy/spouse, and because Takumi already has archer as his base class then he will get Villager hidden class which is Apothecary.

Edited by KamuiSama

1. Grunts don't seem to have voices, just like the Einherjar. Bosses have battle cries when swinging weapons, but they don't seem to actually have lines. They say nothing when winning a battle or supporting someone else, but you can hear them shouting generic cries when they attack, think Link from Zelda. Bond Units have full battle voices.

2. Guest units are the characters from other Fire Emblem games - pretty much just the Amiibo in the localized version.

3. I can say that it's more than 20 at least.

Just correcting myself there - the limit is still 20 overall. I thought I had already gone past it, but I only did so now.

Partner Seal only check your base class, since Takumi has different base class than Oboro, he will get any class from Oboro's secondary class, in this case Spear Fighter even though he already has it as his secondary class. Some rare case example is Takumi x Mozu. Because Mozu can't pass Villager to Takumi, the game made her secondary class (Archer) as base class for her buddy/spouse, and because Takumi already has archer as his base class then he will get Villager hidden class which is Apothecary.

It's so needlessly wasteful..., and I believe you meant "Oboro's base class" in the first sentence?

Thx for the info!

For the lodestar skill that builds guard gauge faster, it says it builds faster only when the unit is "in cover." Does this simply mean that the unit needs to be the one doing the defending? Or does it mean the paired team needs to be on defensive terrain or something?

For the lodestar skill that builds guard gauge faster, it says it builds faster only when the unit is "in cover." Does this simply mean that the unit needs to be the one doing the defending? Or does it mean the paired team needs to be on defensive terrain or something?

Guard Stance+ increases the gauge's building when your Lodestar is the support unit, so I guess he's the one who defends your attacking character.

Also, a refresh of my question: in the calculation of my avoidance rate, do they include the base stats only or are the bonuses from weapons that grant you a boost (for example: a fully evolved Omega Yato grants +4 speed if it's in the inventory, using it puts the bonus to +4) included as well?

How do I use Partner and Friendship Seals?

I read that Corrin only needs an A-Support with someone to use the Friendship Seal, but I can't figure it out.

Guard Stance+ increases the gauge's building when your Lodestar is the support unit, so I guess he's the one who defends your attacking character.

Also, a refresh of my question: in the calculation of my avoidance rate, do they include the base stats only or are the bonuses from weapons that grant you a boost (for example: a fully evolved Omega Yato grants +4 speed if it's in the inventory, using it puts the bonus to +4) included as well?

It's speed so it will be counted into the calculation.

So I've decided despite my massive apprehensions, I want to go ahead and purchase the Hoshido route (the route that sounds a lot less nonsensical). My question is, does the individual route actually have the length/content size of a full Fire Emblem game, or does it just feel like 1/3 of a game.

Edited by Radiant head

So I've decided despite my massive apprehensions, I want to go ahead and purchase the Hoshido route (the route that sounds a lot less nonsensical). My question is, does the individual route actually have the length/content size of a full Fire Emblem game, or does it just feel like 1/3 of a game.

Each route has about Awakening's size. Because of shared maps, all three routes combined feel like about 2.5 Awakenings, I'd say.

While I don't have Birthright, I did purchase Conquest. My short answer, in what I have played thus far, I feel like the individual route does have the length and content size of a full Fire Emblem game. I am happy with my investment, Conquest's gameplay is amazing even though the story is a little weak (but I see where they are going with it).

So far, I've invested 43 hours into the game (going off of my Activity Log), and I'm about 3/4's through the campaign. I have no DLC aside from the free one "Before Awakening", and as Nohr does not have skirmishes, my overall playtime may be less. Most of my time is trying to figure out strategies for Conquest's chapters with their unique mechanics, but messing around with the "My Castle" feature is also enjoyable. Thing is, my current playthrough is not my "endgame Nohr file", so I expect my time invested to exponentially increase as I eventually get around to playing all routes and perfecting my three files.

Of course, with shared maps and characters, I do expect the value of purchasing additional routes to diminish. However, this is a price I am willing to pay and I also intend to pick up all the DLC, but your mileage may vary. Best of luck on your playthrough!

@ Azz, NeonZ

Thank you for your answers. It's a shame there's no real voiced lines, but I'll guess I'll have to live with that I got. Now I guess I have to research into Bond units more...

How do you get generic units (aside villagers) to be your castle assistant? I bought some from the Einherjar Shop but there were no extra options in the assistant menu. Do I need to upgrade the shop, do they have to be captured or are they hacked in?

How do you get generic units (aside villagers) to be your castle assistant? I bought some from the Einherjar Shop but there were no extra options in the assistant menu. Do I need to upgrade the shop, do they have to be captured or are they hacked in?

I think you have to reach endgame once? I'm not sure. I just remember that one day they weren't an option and suddenly they were. You don't have to hack them in; they're perfectly legal.