"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

I'm sure this question has already been answered plenty of times but I couldn't find the answer anywhere.

How exactly do activation skills work? For example, if I have Dragon Fang and Sol, does it give me the chance to activate the other if the first fails to activate? Would it be worth my skill slot to have them both equipped at once?

EDIT: nvm, figured it out. If the first skill fails to activate, it rolls for the second one. That's how it worked in Awakening, at least, and I doubt that would have been changed.

Edited by Hacksorus

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you expand a character's Reclass set by using a Partner Seal, a Friendship Seal, or one of the extra class change items, (Ebon Wing, Exalt's Brand, Sighting Lens, etc.,) and then that character is recruited into another player's army via a My Castle battle, will they retain the additions to their Reclass set as a guest character, or will they revert to only being able to access classes from their normal set?

If you expand a character's Reclass set by using a Partner Seal, a Friendship Seal, or one of the extra class change items, (Ebon Wing, Exalt's Brand, Sighting Lens, etc.,) and then that character is recruited into another player's army via a My Castle battle, will they retain the additions to their Reclass set as a guest character, or will they revert to only being able to access classes from their normal set?

They stay the same. I recruited a Great Lord Scarlet on my Revelations file to be sure, and she stayed a Great Lord with her skills.

Shame about Stones+ because I want one for each character :(

If the Avatar has two children, can the second child reclass into either the Nohr or Hoshido Noble classes? How would they do that?

It does seem to allow Partner Seals but Friendship Seals only seem to work if the character is already in one of the classes and only allows the character to reclass into the other branch in the class tree. (ex. My Corrin has max supports with everyone but as an EInherjar is only able to Friendship Seal into Oni Cheiftain because its recorded as a Blacksmith) and using a Heart Seals to go into previous DLC classes only seem to work if the character was recorded in the DLC class. You can then reclasses them out of the class as an Einherjar and later reclass back into the DLC class.

*Edit on DLC class

If the Avatar has two children, can the second child reclass into either the Nohr or Hoshido Noble classes? How would they do that?

Yup the variable child will inherit Nohr Prince(ss) and its promotion as its third class which they can Heart Seal into. (ex. Corrin!Shiro's class set is Spear FIghter/ Samurai/Nohr Prince)

Edited by Frozenkappa

No explanation or answer?

They actually seemed to redo Lodestar's animations to reference Marth's old animations even more, rather than just keeping Lucina's animations from Awakening (which were already referencing Marth often). However, Great Lord seemed to get most of those animations too, rather than being a direct Awakening rip. Due to that, they seemed to get kind of lazy with lances, and so just kept the same special animations for them, rather than attempting to recreate the ones from Awakening.

Maybe at some point they actually considered making Lucina a complete Marth clone, since it's technically Smash Lucina, but then they realized it'd be a silly idea and gave back her lance wielding ability, but without bothering to make new animations for it.

Edited by NeonZ

I had Leo A+ Odin for Samurai and he got the class (due to Leo already having Dark Mage class), but then I A+ed Niles to Odin and he didn't get the Samurai class despite Niles already having Dark Mage as a secondary class. What went wrong?

I had Leo A+ Odin for Samurai and he got the class (due to Leo already having Dark Mage class), but then I A+ed Niles to Odin and he didn't get the Samurai class despite Niles already having Dark Mage as a secondary class. What went wrong?

The Friendship Seal only shares the friend's base class set UNLESS they both have the same one. Since Leo and Odin both share the Dark Mage as their base class, Leo was able to access Odin's secondary the Samurai. However, since Niles is an Outlaw, he instead only gets access to Odin's main class the Dark Mage, which unfortunately overlaps with Niles's secondary.

They stay the same. I recruited a Great Lord Scarlet on my Revelations file to be sure, and she stayed a Great Lord with her skills.

It does seem to allow Partner Seals but Friendship Seals only seem to work if the character is already in one of the classes and only allows the character to reclass into the other branch in the class tree. (ex. My Corrin has max supports with everyone but as an EInherjar is only able to Friendship Seal into Oni Cheiftain because its recorded as a Blacksmith) and using a Heart Seals to go into previous DLC classes only seem to work if the character was recorded in the DLC class. You can then reclasses them out of the class as an Einherjar and later reclass back into the DLC class.

*Edit on DLC class

To clarify, I meant...

Say you changed your MU into a Dark Falcon, then changed them back into a Nohr Prince/ss or Nohr/Hoshido Noble. Then somebody defeated your team in a My Castle battle and chose to recruit your MU from your team. Would the version of your MU in their file be able to change back into a Dark Falcon using a Heart Seal, or would they have to use up another Ebon Wing for it?

Edited by Topaz Light

To clarify, I meant...

Say you changed your MU into a Dark Falcon, then changed them back into a Nohr Prince/ss or Nohr/Hoshido Noble. Then somebody defeated your team in a My Castle battle and chose to recruit your MU from your team. Would the version of your MU in their file be able to change back into a Dark Falcon using a Heart Seal, or would they have to use up another Ebon Wing for it?

Pretty sure if they're not a Dark Flier when obtained they won't retain the the fact they were previously. If they are a Dark Flier when obtained the it seems to remember when you Heart Seal twice.

So.. The paralogues only appear after S-ranking Corrin, but I S-Ranked Kaze and Einkah long before Corrin, and their kid's paralogues isn't available. Any idea how to get it to show up?

Kaze's child is locked until chapter 15 and Corrin needs a A rank support with him. [spoiler=Birthright Story Spoilers]If Corrin doesn't have an A rank with Kaze, he'll die which would cause story problems for the paralogue.

Edited by Frozenkappa

So.. The paralogues only appear after S-ranking Corrin, but I S-Ranked Kaze and Einkah long before Corrin, and their kid's paralogues isn't available. Any idea how to get it to show up?

Kaze's kids paralogue appears after Chapter 15 for plot reasons.

Come to think of it, if you can't double with Dragonstones, nothing would prevent me from getting Wary Fighter (which prevents both sides from making follow-ups) on Kana, right?

B-but Brave weapon will still able to hit twice eventhough you have Wary Fighter..

B-but Brave weapon will still able to hit twice eventhough you have Wary Fighter..

Then again, how many foes on any chapter have a Brave weapon? Also, using those brave weapons lower your resistance and dragonstones are considered magic weapons.

Not only that, but the double attack only works if you initiate the battle.

Edited by FluffyWarlock

Then again, how many foes on any chapter have a Brave weapon? Also, using those brave weapons lower your resistance and dragonstones are considered magic weapons.

Not only that, but the double attack only works if you initiate the battle.

oh well if you do it for main game then it's okay, I remember many enemies in last few chapters in Conquest have Brave Weapons equipped and also Wyrmslayer in Conquest 24 and for post game stuffs Dragonstone is obsolete..

Does anyone know what determines the resources you get in My Castle, beyond the route based restrictions?

That's the same question I was about to ask. I'm playing Birthright and I have Pearls as my mineral source but other Hoshidan castles I've visited have Coral as their mineral source.

I want to say resources for My Castle are randomly generated per day.

When I made three new characters to set up my Birthright runs, all three had the same resource (Pearls and Peaches). They had different genders, class choice, strengths, and flaws. However, I was lazy with the birthday, using the same one for all three, but I think I used that birthday before for a different character and the resources were different (although she was on Conquest instead of Birthright).

I want to say resources for My Castle are randomly generated per day.

When I made three new characters to set up my Birthright runs, all three had the same resource (Pearls and Peaches). They had different genders, class choice, strengths, and flaws. However, I was lazy with the birthday, using the same one for all three, but I think I used that birthday before for a different character and the resources were different (although she was on Conquest instead of Birthright).

Same. I used the same birthday for both of my Corns, but while my Conquest one, Antigone, had onyx and milk, my Revelation one, Leonidas has wheat/bread, peaches, sapphire and quartz.

Can someone definitively say how to pronounce Shigure's name? Is it pronounced like "SHEE-gurr-ay" or some other way?

EDIT: Never mind, it seems Azura pronounces it "shih-GURR-ay" ingame. :P

Edited by Hall Knight

Can someone definitively say how to pronounce Shigure's name? Is it pronounced like "SHEE-gurr-ay" or some other way?

EDIT: Never mind, it seems Azura pronounces it "shih-GURR-ay" ingame. :P

Syllable stress doesn't really exist in Japanese in the same way as it exists in English or in other Romance and Germanic languages, so Shigure is most accurately pronounced as SHEE GU REH with separated syllables, which, in practice, tends to sound more like SHEE-gu-reh.

Of course, the localization changed the pronunciation to shee-GUUU-reh, like we tend to do with all Japanese names in Western productions, as it's closer to European names like ma-REE-ah and ro-BEAR-to.

tldr both are right

Question about English VAs (if addressed before, link will do).

Since both Cam Clarke and Yuri Lowenthal voice M!MU I was wondering which of the three choices were voiced by who. I think it's the middle voice that's the Yuri Lowenthal voice, but I just want actual confirmation on this.

Also, who the hell voices Niles? Or Takumi for that matter? I'm getting Yuri Lowenthal vibes from both (and even made jokes about M!MU x Niles) but at the same time I doubt that they're voiced by Yuri Lowenthal.

I have pretty bad hearing, so I would not be surprised that Niles was in fact not voiced by Yuri Lowenthal.

If anyone can confirm, or if it has been confirmed prior, I thank you lots.

Question about English VAs (if addressed before, link will do).

Since both Cam Clarke and Yuri Lowenthal voice M!MU I was wondering which of the three choices were voiced by who. I think it's the middle voice that's the Yuri Lowenthal voice, but I just want actual confirmation on this.

Also, who the hell voices Niles? Or Takumi for that matter? I'm getting Yuri Lowenthal vibes from both (and even made jokes about M!MU x Niles) but at the same time I doubt that they're voiced by Yuri Lowenthal.

I have pretty bad hearing, so I would not be surprised that Niles was in fact not voiced by Yuri Lowenthal.

If anyone can confirm, or if it has been confirmed prior, I thank you lots.

Niles is Yuri Lowenthal, but I'm not sure about Takumi and which M!Corrin voice he is.