"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

Why does Sakura marrying Azama get Apothecary, but marrying her to Subaki gets her nothing? What exactly is the rule here?

The secondary class is only attained in instances where both partners have the same primary class (e.g. Subaki and Hinoka).

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does Sakura marrying Azama get Apothecary, but marrying her to Subaki gets her nothing? What exactly is the rule here?

Basically just remember this: the only thing that matters for the character using the Partner Seal or Friendship Seal is their starting class. Sakura is a Shrine Maiden, not a Sky Knight, so she gets Sky Knight from Subaki. True, Sakura can use a Heart Seal at any time to become a Sky Knight, but that is irrelevant when she is the one using the Partner Seal.

Unfortunately, that means many units get nothing new in at least one of their potential marriages. Them's the breaks.

Edited by gayserbeam

Okay, I've got this weird question in my head now.

Is there any reference to Leo being a "Gravity Master" in the localised versions?

He mentions when working an ore mining site that gravity manipulation makes it easy.

So, would getting Aether on Saizo be a good idea?

Saizo has high skill, so he's a better user of it than most, but his natural class sets already give him so many great non-DLC skills including Locktouch, Poison Strike, Shurikenfaire, Swordfaire, Vantage, Replicate and Astra, the latter of which is a proc skill that's arguably as good as Aether. He can use Aether, but he really doesn't need it.

Edited by gayserbeam

What's the deal with Excalibur? Why does it boost my effective speed... then drop my effective speed? By the exact same amount I should add?

increasing/decreasing your attack speed is separate from increasing your enemy's attack speed. this means you can both double each other. note the wording

Does Orochi pass down Apothecary to Selkie? The wiki says she does, but the wiki can be wrong so I want to make sure.

yes

Edited by GoXDS

If Corrin winds up marrying someone who has a child, would the non-Kana child wind up with a Wyrmslayer weakness?

Yes. Any unit who can use the Dark Prince(ss) class set is always weak to Wyrmslayers and Dragon Spirit, and any unit who can use the Kitsune or Wolfskin classes is always weak to Beast Killers and Hunter's Knives.

So maybe think twice before theowing around that General Corrin!Velouria.

Edited by gayserbeam

Yes. Any unit who can use the Dark Prince(ss) class set is always weak to Wyrmslayers and Dragon Spirit, and any unit who can use the Kitsune or Wolfskin classes is always weak to Beast Killers and Hunter's Knives.

So maybe think twice before theowing around that General Corrin!Velouria.

I see. Thanks mate.

Also, I asked this earlier only to get no response:

How long does it take for Nina to escape in her paralogue?

I know that kills a character gets in Boo Camp counts towards their statues and statue upgrades, but do kills in other DLC maps count? Asking since EXP/WEXP does not go up on those maps.

How the heck do I get my character to change to an Apothecary in Birthright?

Female Corrin

Talent: Lancer

Friends with Oboro and Orochi. THEY can change into it.

Thanks in advance :) Love this site.

has to be their primary class. so...Midori A

I know that kills a character gets in Boo Camp counts towards their statues and statue upgrades, but do kills in other DLC maps count? Asking since EXP/WEXP does not go up on those maps.

They do: I've done Ghostly Gold a few times and came back to find a new/upgradable statue.