"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there an option to turn voices off?

There is a slider for voice volume and an option to turn off "Story Voices" while you're ingame on a map via settings.

Turning these off will affect voices heard during your castle and during cutscenes.

I am not sure if this affects the movie clips that play during the story.

The voices still play when you view them via Theatre but that could be intentional.

Edited by Takeru

Doing a bond units play through and read that they get one parents boon and the other's bane. Was there anywhere where they list the bond unit +/- for starting stat as well as their base growths? Kinda want to figure out who is getting RNG screwed as I'm at Lunatic Conquest CH10 so far and grinding up support points to get the child paralouges to grind. Have a few at level 1 that I'm planing to train with the use of Niles's Bow and various stat debuffs.

Doing a bond units play through and read that they get one parents boon and the other's bane. Was there anywhere where they list the bond unit +/- for starting stat as well as their base growths? Kinda want to figure out who is getting RNG screwed as I'm at Lunatic Conquest CH10 so far and grinding up support points to get the child paralouges to grind. Have a few at level 1 that I'm planing to train with the use of Niles's Bow and various stat debuffs.

are you asking for base avatar growths? they're all on the site if so

Ah so the Bond unit's growths follow the Avatar's as well? Don't recall reading that anywhere - I read on the forums the boon bane system influenced but the large (3/4 points and not in my boon/bane of DEF/HP) discrepancy in some starting stats within the same classes made me think it was something else.

With regard to skill buying:

1. Would simply having the unit I want to buy skills for in the logbook be enough?

2. Would it be limited to just the skills that unit has equipped, assuming that unit had more than 5?

1. Would simply having the unit I want to buy skills for in the logbook be enough?

2. Would it be limited to just the skills that unit has equipped, assuming that unit had more than 5?

1) I believe you need the unit to be recruited.

2) If you logbooked your own unit, then you have access to all their skills. If its someone else's unit, then you only have access to the skills they had equipped at the time of recruitment.

1. You can buy skills from a Logbook unit but you can't buy skills for a guest/Logbook unit.

2. Provided that the unit has the skills saved you can buy them as long as they're aren't DLC. (ie. Previous file Corrin has Aptitude learned but not equipped; in your new file, you can still buy Aptitude from that Corrin even if it's not equipped)

1. You can buy skills from a Logbook unit but you can't buy skills for a guest/Logbook unit.

Dang it, my wording got away from me again. Yeah, that's what I actually meant.

EDIT: What is the special bonus that you get if you battle in someone else's castle and win without a handicap?

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Dang it, my wording got away from me again. Yeah, that's what I actually meant.

EDIT: What is the special bonus that you get if you battle in someone else's castle and win without a handicap?

Discounted skills. They cost less than they would otherwise.

Discounted skills. They cost less than they would otherwise.

I see.

The bonus is recruiting a member of the team you fought or to buy a skill for a coresponding member from their team at a discounted price.

Wait, so that makes it possible to buy skills without needing to register a unit into the logbook?

I see.

Wait, so that makes it possible to buy skills without needing to register a unit into the logbook?

you could always buy skills from other castles without registering your own units first into your own logbook. was this what you meant to ask before?

you could always buy skills from other castles without registering your own units first into your own logbook. was this what you meant to ask before?

I guess that was what I meant to ask. But now I'm confused...

And I also got an another question:

1.) Can Garon be fought in the Revelations route?

2.) Maybe a Spoiler question:

Does Garon gets his true identity to be revealed in the Birthright route like he did in Conquest?

3.) Does Triangle Attack exists in this game or it's still not just like in Awakening?

4.) Is there any boss enemies that didn't appear in Birthright and Conquest that it's exclusive in Revelations?

5.) I noticed that Felicia and Jakob gets up to B Rank in Shurikens, but is there a way to get it up to above B?

6.) I noticed that Before Awakening DLC and other children's Paralogues get the enemies and the other unit trio get their stats changed, but does Chrom's Lord and Lissa's Cleric class will still be the same after passing over Level 20 or do Chrom gets promoted to Great Lord and Lissa gets promoted to War Cleric or Sage?

Edited by King Marth 64

3.) Does Triangle Attack exists in this game or it's still not just like in Awakening?

Nope.

5.) I noticed that Felicia and Jakob gets up to B Rank in Shurikens, but is there a way to get it up to above B?

You'd have to reclass them to either Master Ninja or Mechanist, which can go above B rank.

6.) I noticed that Before Awakening DLC and other children's Paralogues get the enemies and the other unit trio get their stats changed, but does Chrom's Lord and Lissa's Cleric class will still be the same after passing over Level 20 or do Chrom gets promoted to Great Lord and Lissa gets promoted to War Cleric or Sage?

They go over 20.

Does Garon gets his true identity to be revealed in the Birthright route like he did in Conquest?

1. No, Garon isn't fought at all in Revelation, though you do get to see him be eaten by Anankos between Ch. 27 and Endgame. You still fight Kotaro, Iago, and Hans on top of Arete, Mikoto, Sumeragi, and Anankos

2. No, Garon's not revealed to be an evil slime monster since he never left Nohr to be put on the Hoshidan throne. He transforms into a giant dragon that Corrin and his/her party has to defeat (just Birthright being traditional with final bosses).

4.) Is there any boss enemies that didn't appear in Birthright and Conquest that it's exclusive in Revelations?

1. No

2. More or less

3. No

4. Yes, a load of them

5. Have them befriend/marry a ninja, but forged basic weapons > higher ranked weapons IMO. They just take some effort to get to +5 and above.

6. Pretty sure they stay in their basic classes since the map happens

just before Awakening begins.

Edited by kcirrot

Do the 15 hp max str zerkers from the so7s on birthright maintain their special stats when captured?

You can't capture any "illusion" enemies because they are not considered "normal people" by the game, just like you can't capture "invader" enemies, or nonhumans. This includes all enemies in that chapter.

Edited by sirmola

Oh, by the way, I just wondering about something also:

1.) What hair color for male Kana does he get when Female Corrin marries Fuga since he's bald?

2.) I did heard that the children as enemy units (and possibly other units as well) gets fought in the upcoming Xenologue chapter, what's the promoted classes do all the children show up as?

3.) What's the difference between the Capture and Kidnap Skills?