"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

Do health regen skills like Wolfskin's Better Odd's and Kana's Personal stack with each other?

All the healing skills stack. Only one skill icon will show above the unit, but all of them will activate. Kana with their personal skill, Renewal, Good Fortune, and Even Better or Better Odds can potentially restore all their HP at the start of a turn.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do the pots in Conquest chapter 12 have the same effects every time you play through the chapter, or can the effects vary? (Ergo, I break pot X. Would breaking pot X have the same effect every time I play it, or is it random?)

Do the pots in Conquest chapter 12 have the same effects every time you play through the chapter, or can the effects vary? (Ergo, I break pot X. Would breaking pot X have the same effect every time I play it, or is it random?)

It's the same every time.

Oh, by the way, I just wondering about something also:

1.) What hair color for male Kana does he get when Female Corrin marries Fuga since he's bald?

2.) I did heard that the children as enemy units (and possibly other units as well) gets fought in the upcoming Xenologue chapter, what's the promoted classes do all the children show up as?

3.) What's the difference between the Capture and Kidnap Skills?

1) It's brown, but sort of in the middle of dark and light.

2)

Vocp1cV.png

Dwyer is a butler, Sophie and Siegbert are Great Knights, Percy is a Wyvern Lord, Midori is a Merchant, Caeldori is a Falcon Knight, Mitama is a Priestess, Ignatius is a General, Selkie/Veloruia are Nine-Tails/Wolfssegner, Shigure's not here but iirc he's a Falcon Knight, Kiragi is a Sniper, Shiro is a Swordmaster, Forrest is a Strategist. Hisame is a Swordmaster, Asugi is a Master Ninja, Rhajat is an Onmyoji, Soleil is a Hero, Eponine is an Adventurer, and Ophelia is a Dark Knight.

3) No difference. They probably just wanted them to have different names because they belong to different characters.

@Pokechu:

I think it's interesting that they gave Siegbert, Sophie, and Ophelia those classes when Paladin is canon for the first two, and Sorceress for the last. At least Shiro makes sense.

What determines how quickly WEXP goes up? Is it based on number of battles, number of times you hit something with that weapon type, or what? Also, what are the amounts of WEXP needed for each rank?

Edited by ToP

What determines how quickly WEXP goes up? Is it based on number of battles, number of times you hit something with that weapon type, or what? Also, what are the amounts of WEXP needed for each rank?

Number of times you hit with the weapon. Not sure if misses count too. But it should be around 25 hits or so per rank.

Number of times you hit with the weapon. Not sure if misses count too. But it should be around 25 hits or so per rank.

In Awakening, 0 damage hits and missed attacks also count for weapon exp.

In Awakening, 0 damage hits and missed attacks also count for weapon exp.

Ah, thanks.

This is like the 4th time I've asked this

What are the weapon rank bonuses?

I've been wondering the full details of this myself. All I have noticed from personal observations, is rank B, A, and S, have +1, +2, and +3 ATK respectively. There's probably more to it than just that, though.

Ths like the 4th time I've asked this

Edited by ToP

Whats that item that when a character is holding it their stats increase, and how do you unlock them? Are there a limited amount you can get?

Battle Seal, Visitation Seal, and I believe Master Emblem(Name?). You can only get one of each per save file, and the first 2 require you to get 9,999 battle, and visitation points respectively, for your castle.

Master Emblem details are rather blurry at this time. It requires you to do something with bond units. I want to say it's acquire X number of bond units(without purchasing them), but not too sure.

Battle Seal increases Strength, Magic, Skill, and Speed by 2 points each.

Visitation Seal increases Defense, Luck, and Resistance by 2 points each.

Master Emblem increases all stats by 1.

Edited by ToP

Battle Seal, Visitation Seal, and I believe Master Emblem(Name?). You can only get one of each per save file, and the first 2 require you to get 9,999 battle, and visitation points respectively, for your castle.

Master Emblem details are rather blurry at this time. It requires you to do something with bond units. I want to say it's acquire X number of bond units(without purchasing them), but not too sure.

Battle Seal increases Strength, Magic, Skill, and Speed by 2 points each.

Visitation Seal increases Defense, Luck, and Resistance by 2 points each.

Master Emblem increases all stats by 1.

Ok, I wish they added dlc that grants these sort of items except they only affect parent units and only one works per unit, sort of balances the difference in strength at near max lv between parent and child units. I did something like that for Awakening.

1. Does effective damage stack?

Ex.) Suppose a unit uses a Hunter's Bow against a Sky Knight, or Golembane user uses a Blessed Lance against a Stoneborn. What's the effective weapon multiplier?

2. Do Ballistas do x2 or x3 effective damage against fliers?

Pegasusknight and FEWoD lists Weapon EXP gain for Fates as follows
E->D: 20
D->C: 30
C->B: 45
B->A: 65
A->S: 90
I'm pretty sure misses also contribute to WEXP.
Though I wonder, if you say WEXP increases by the number of times you hit with the weapon, what happens when you use brave weapons, and when you proc skills like Aether or Astra?

This is like the 4th time I've asked this

Weapon Rank Bonus

Effect depends on the weapon rank and type of the equipped weapon.
(1) Sword/Katana, Dagger/Shuriken
(2) Lance/Naginata, Bow/Yumi, Tome/Scroll, Dragonstone, Beaststone, Fist, Breath, Puppet, Stone
(3) Axe/Club
(4) Staff/Rod
  • E/D Rank: (1) None / (2) None / (3) None / (4) None
  • C Rank: (1) Attack +1 / (2) Attack +1 / (3) Hit Rate +5 / (4) Recovery +1
  • B Rank: (1) Attack +2 / (2) Attack +1, Hit Rate +5 / (3) Hit Rate +10 / (4) Recovery +1, Hit Rate +5
  • A Rank: (1) Attack +3 / (2) Attack +2, Hit Rate +5 / (3) Attack +1, Hit Rate +10 / (4) Recovery +2, Hit Rate +5
  • S Rank: (1) Attack +4, Hit Rate +5 / (2) Attack +3, Hit Rate +10 / (3) Attack +2, Hit Rate +15 / (4) Recovery +3, Hit Rate +10
* Note: Weapon Rank Bonus does not apply to units at disadvantage in the weapon triangle
It would help if SF had an actual calculation page
(I have a shoddy attempt at a calculation post here: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=61733&hl= , though it's a bit old)
Edited by Aggro Incarnate

1. Does effective damage stack?

Ex.) Suppose a unit uses a Hunter's Bow against a Sky Knight, or Golembane user uses a Blessed Lance against a Stoneborn. What's the effective weapon multiplier?

2. Do Ballistas do x2 or x3 effective damage against fliers?

1: I'd imagine not, if Awakening and Sacred Stones were any indication. Also, the Hunter's Bow is NOT effective against flying units - only beast units.

2: It's double damage.

Though I wonder, if you say WEXP increases by the number of times you hit with the weapon, what happens when you use brave weapons, and when you proc skills like Aether or Astra?

Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure Aether and Astra only count as one hit as far as WEXP goes. At least in Awakening, they only consumed one durability instead of 2/5, so I assume the same holds for WEXP.

1: I'd imagine not, if Awakening and Sacred Stones were any indication. Also, the Hunter's Bow is NOT effective against flying units - only beast units.

2: It's double damage.

I'm a bit confused, do Sky Knights and Falcos no longer count as Beast Units and Flying Units at the same time? I recall that being the case for the Pegasi and their promotions in Awakening (Why no effective weapon icon in Fates urgh), and I could have sworn that I've seen Beast Killers do effective damage on C22 and C24 Falcos...

As for my 2nd example, since Golembane allows a unit to do x2 effective damage to Stoneborn while Blessed Lance does x3, if they don't stack I'm guessing having both simply does x3 damage, kind of like how for Seal/Shuriken debuffs the greater debuff applies out of those acting on the same stat?

Thanks for the clarification on the ballista btw.

I'm a bit confused, do Sky Knights and Falcos no longer count as Beast Units and Flying Units at the same time? I recall that being the case for the Pegasi and their promotions in Awakening (Why no effective weapon icon in Fates urgh), and I could have sworn that I've seen Beast Killers do effective damage on C22 and C24 Falcos...

As for my 2nd example, since Golembane allows a unit to do x2 effective damage to Stoneborn while Blessed Lance does x3, if they don't stack I'm guessing having both simply does x3 damage, kind of like how for Seal/Shuriken debuffs the greater debuff applies out of those acting on the same stat?

Thanks for the clarification on the ballista btw.

They are. So yes, the Hunter's Bow would be effective. However, Wyvern units would likely take next to no damage because they're nonbeast units, for one, and second, the Hunter's Bow is not effective on flying units, unlike other bows.

I haven't been able to test that, so I don't know. But since there is a Blessed Bow and the same class that gets Golembane can use bows...

EDIT: Seems Golembane gets overridden in that case - not unlike what happens in Sacred Stones if a Bishop uses Ivaldi against a monster.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

They are. So yes, the Hunter's Bow would be effective. However, Wyvern units would likely take next to no damage because they're nonbeast units, for one, and second, the Hunter's Bow is not effective on flying units, unlike other bows.

I haven't been able to test that, so I don't know. But since there is a Blessed Bow and the same class that gets Golembane can use bows...

EDIT: Seems Golembane gets overridden in that case - not unlike what happens in Sacred Stones if a Bishop uses Ivaldi against a monster.

Cool, thanks for testing that out.

Conquest: I heard that this game can be really difficult at times. Especially chapter 10.

I've played Awakening, all 3 GBA games, PoR and Gaiden and am in the middle of RD and Genealogy.

I'm not that confident in my FE skills as I struggle even in PoR hard (which I heard was supposed to be easy). Could I get some advice as to what Difficulty I should play, units I should pick etc. Please?

Are accessories you received on one file via updating data obtainable on other files as well?

Unfortunately, no. I would love all the pink berets I got showered with on one of my file back.