"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there any conditions that prevent profiteer or salvage blow from activating? I'm not sure if it was just really bad luck or not, but I could not get salvage blow to proc at all over the course of 3 boo camp runs, with 2 characters having it at about 30 luck.

Are there any conditions that prevent profiteer or salvage blow from activating? I'm not sure if it was just really bad luck or not, but I could not get salvage blow to proc at all over the course of 3 boo camp runs, with 2 characters having it at about 30 luck.

I think salvage blow only works if the enemy has a weapon, because you get an iron weapon of whatever weapon type they were using.

Dang parallel classes still confusing me. >_<

If I have Hinoka!Caeldori x Kagero!Shiro does Caeldori inherit Knight from Shiro since she gets Spear Fighter from Hinoka?

If I have Hinoka!Caeldori x Kagero!Shiro does Caeldori inherit Knight from Shiro since she gets Spear Fighter from Hinoka?

She would get absolutely nothing from him.

Partner Seals aren't as forgiving as child inheritance is.

For example, not using children but probably the same thing, my Serena married Silas and gets Cavalier.

She then A+'s Peri who would give the same class so she gets nothing from her.

Edited by Takeru

No. For Partner Seals, the two need to have the same main class for them to get the other's secondary class. Caeldori will get Spear Fighter from both Hinoka and Shiro, but Shiro will get Sky Knight from Caeldori.

Do character kill counts for statues carry across multiple save files, or are they separate for each save file?

They are separate for each playthrough. I believe they directly correspond with

the character's career stats during the epilogue

If you've already promoted a unit are they able to get skills from base classes they have access to or are you SOL on those skills?

every time a unit lvls, they'll check for skills they might've missed (starting from the lowest lvl) and learn them (also checks both possible prepromotes if they have access to both classes). so yes

Edited by GoXDS

If you've already promoted a unit are they able to get skills from base classes they have access to or are you SOL on those skills?

They can still get them. They'll get skills they missed each level after if your current level is higher than the level they should have gotten them at.

Example:

Elise is a Level 13 Strategist.

You use a Heart Seal on her to turn her into a Malig Knight.

At Level 14, you'll get Strength +2 (Lv 1 Wyvern Rider skill).

At Level 15, you'll get Lunge (Lv 10 Wyvern Rider skill) and not Trample.

At Level 16, you'll get Savage Blow (Lv 5 Malig Knight skill) and not Trample.

At Level 17, you'll then get Trample (Lv 15 Malig Knight skill).

If you already have one of the skills, then it just gives you the next skill you don't have.

If you switch to a different class at this point, you'll need an Eternal Seal to gain more levels.

Edit: was ninja'd.

Edited by Takeru

If a unit can use multiple weapon types and participates in an arena match, do they use the weapon type they are most proficient in, or do they use the "primary" weapon type for that class (ergo, the weapon that can go to A)?

If a unit can use multiple weapon types and participates in an arena match, do they use the weapon type they are most proficient in, or do they use the "primary" weapon type for that class (ergo, the weapon that can go to A)?

I might be wrong but it seems they use the weapon type they're most proficient in.

I'm so used to seeing my Corrin use swords in the arena but in one playthrough, I used mostly Dragonstones and they ended up using that in the arena instead.

Edited by Takeru

They use whatever their highest Weapon Rank is. For example, a Master Ninja with B Swords and D Daggers will use Swords in the arena.

I'm not sure what occurs if a Cavalier or Paladin goes in with B/B or A/A, however. I don't use many Paladins.

Edited by gayserbeam

I think I can answer this one. I believe it's the weapon that they last got weapon EXP with and/or the highest weapon level.

Like, I had Kana go in the arena with a weapon level A with dragonstones and he used it in the arena but after getting a weapon level A in swords, Kana would no longer use a dragonstone in the arena. No matter how many times he used a dragonstone in battle after that.

...If that made sense.

I've also noticed that this only happens with classes that have their weapon levels both end at A.

Edited by December Knight

What is by far the best character/skill set for the Arena?

I would want to say a child unit with Nohrian Trust paired with their spouce having Pavise/Aegis/Dragon Ward/Aether/Dragon Fang. The four skills the other unit having being... I dunno, useful things? Do Blow skills work in the Arena? The faire skill of the used weapon will be needed, and maybe the breaker skills of the weapons the main unit's weapons are weak to...

I might be wrong but it seems they use the weapon type they're most proficient in.

I'm so used to seeing my Corrin use swords in the arena but in one playthrough, I used mostly Dragonstones and they ended up using that in the arena instead.

They use whatever their highest Weapon Rank is. For example, a Master Ninja with B Swords and D Daggers will use Swords in the arena.

I'm not sure what occurs if a Cavalier or Paladin goes in with B/B or A/A, however. I don't use many Paladins.

I think I can answer this one. I believe it's the weapon that they last got weapon EXP with and/or the highest weapon level.

Like, I had Kana go in the arena with a weapon level A with dragonstones and he used it in the arena but after getting a weapon level A in swords, Kana would no longer use a dragonstone in the arena. No matter how many times he used a dragonstone in battle after that.

...If that made sense.

I've also noticed that this only happens with classes that have their weapon levels both end at A.

I see.

WRT the Heirs of Fate DLC:

1. What is the map theme used for this DLC?

2. Are there story spoilers that might encourage playing Revelations first?

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

AFAIK, the NPC characters killed in Birthrights and Conquest are spoken about in either HoF 4 or 5, and Shigure alludes to the existence of the third path, but otherwise nothing much else is spoiled. At least if the translations from elsewhere on the site are to be believed.

Edited by Xenomata

WRT the Heirs of Fate DLC:

1. What is the map theme used for this DLC?

1. "Alight" is the map theme, and "Puzzling Empty Dream" is the fight theme against certain enemies.

2. Yes, I'd recommend finishing Revelation (with 0 S's) first. There's nothing major revealed in Heirs of Fate I, but I saw some Japanese screenshots that reveals stuff from Revelation in the later episodes.

I know the paralouge enemies scale depending on chapter progress and that chapter 18 is when you start seeing promoted enemies but when exactly does this change happen? After beating chapter 17 starting chapter 18 or beating chapter 18 and starting chapter 19? I'm on Revelations and would like to know so I can take advantage of DLC and have an easy time recruiting child characters.

I know the paralouge enemies scale depending on chapter progress and that chapter 18 is when you start seeing promoted enemies but when exactly does this change happen? After beating chapter 17 starting chapter 18 or beating chapter 18 and starting chapter 19? I'm on Revelations and would like to know so I can take advantage of DLC and have an easy time recruiting child characters.

It's after beating chapter 18.

Ok, I just got a question about some stuff and the Heirs of Fate.

1.) Are the Invaders/Vallite Soldiers actually deceased enemies came back to life just like the Risens from Awakening?

2.) I did downloaded the first Heirs of Fate chapter for $0.49 and I noticed that some of the Nohr children are in Valla side. But, I just wanted to know that I'm playing during in the Birthright route, does it have any difference if someone chose Conquest, will it allow the children from Nohr sided with Kana and the Hosidian children will fight against, plus, if someone chose Revalation, does either both exclusive children will fight with Kana and they will be replaced by a Generic enemy to take their place as an Enemy?

3.) Similar to #2, what happened to Soleil, Verlouria, Ignatius, Percy, and Siegbert in the Heirs of Fate I: In Endless Dreams?

4.) If you have Female Corrin married to the Fathers, does one of the possible male children for the Female Corrin will be happy to see her mother taking a bath together in the Hot Spring or does one of her possible sons get shocked?

5.) Related to #4, what male characters will show a Cut-In Portrait and chase her if Female Corrin accidentally went to the Hot Spring with the guys similar to Hana, Rinkah, and Orochi?

6.) I noticed that Female Kana can't be viewed in the Accessories for the Whole Body, but is the Male Kana has that too or he can be shown? I know that this is alot similar to Lin from Xenoblade Chronicles X since both of them technically are under age.

7.) Similar to #4 and #5, what female characters in Conquest route will show a Cut-In Portrait and chase him if Male Corrin accidentally went to the Hot Spring with the girls similar to Hana, Rinkah, and Orochi in Birthright and Revelations?

8.) I haven't downloaded Hidden Truths 1 & 2 yet, is that just a prequel chapter and none of Corrin's army enters in that chapter similar to Heirs of Fate or is Corrin's army does go to that chapter?

Edited by King Marth 64

Ok, I just got a question about some stuff and the Heirs of Fate.

1.) Are the Invaders/Vallite Soldiers actually deceased enemies came back to life just like the Risens from Awakening?

2.) I did downloaded the first Heirs of Fate chapter for $0.49 and I noticed that some of the Nohr children are in Valla side. But, I just wanted to know that I'm playing during in the Birthright route, does it have any difference if someone chose Conquest, will it allow the children from Nohr sided with Kana and the Hosidian children will fight against, plus, if someone chose Revalation, does either both exclusive children will fight with Kana and they will be replaced by a Generic enemy to take their place as an Enemy?

3.) Similar to #2, what happened to Soleil, Verlouria, Ignatius, Percy, and Siegbert in the Heirs of Fate I: In Endless Dreams?

4.) If you have Female Corrin married to the Fathers, does one of the possible male children for the Female Corrin will be happy to see her mother taking a bath together in the Hot Spring or does one of her possible sons get shocked?

5.) Related to #4, what male characters will show a Cut-In Portrait and chase her if Female Corrin accidentally went to the Hot Spring with the guys similar to Hana, Rinkah, and Orochi?

6.) I noticed that Female Kana can't be viewed in the Accessories for the Whole Body, but is the Male Kana has that too or he can be shown? I know that this is alot similar to Lin from Xenoblade Chronicles X since both of them technically are under age.

7.) Similar to #4 and #5, what female characters in Conquest route will show a Cut-In Portrait and chase him if Male Corrin accidentally went to the Hot Spring with the girls similar to Hana, Rinkah, and Orochi in Birthright and Revelations?

8.) I haven't downloaded Hidden Truths 1 & 2 yet, is that just a prequel chapter and none of Corrin's army enters in that chapter similar to Heirs of Fate or is Corrin's army does go to that chapter?

1. Pretty much, but the invisible soldiers seem to have some semblance of memories and a conscience, unlike the Risen which were more like zombies.

2. It doesn't matter which version you own, each Heirs of Fate DLC episode plays out the same way with the same characters, story, outcomes. The first episode involves Hoshidan characters, but later on...

3. Those children each came from a world in which they died and became invisible soldiers. The DLC might expand more on this by the last episode.

4. I'm pretty sure the responses are generic, even if they are your children.

5. None of the males will chase out Female Corrin via crit portrait. They all are polite in letting you know that it's the men's bathing time.

6. Male Kana has access to the "Body" accessory category, unlike Female Kana.

7. Charlotte. There might be others, but I don't know.

8. They are prequel chapters, and yeah, it's similar to Heirs of Fate in that you are provided with preset units.

Is Kana always affected by Nohr Enmity, or is it dependent on the parent?

Also...

[spoiler=Spoilers for the sake of Europeans]Would Valla being several letters off from "Valhalla" imply what I think it would?

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

1.Is there any way to swap accessories between people before getting the accessories shop?

2.When I was fighting against my own castle defenders, I saw a command called "Break". What does that do?

3.If I want Corrin to stay in front of the throne and not move unless attacked, should I choose Hold or Defend?