"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After which campaign should i play Heirs of Fate and Hidden Truths?

Going by in game descriptions, recommended that you finish Revelation route, then do Hidden Truths and Heirs of Fates. You can play them anytime you want though since they use preset units.

How does the Dual Katana work against the Swordbreaker skills? Is it still at a disadvantage due to being still counted as a sword or is even that element reversed?

If you can find it under the swords tab in your supply, then it's a sword. If a myrmidon/SwordMaster can equip it, it's a sword. Dual Katana is a sword, and it is affected by swordbreaker.

Dual weapons reverse the weapon triangle's advantages/disadvantages, and doubles those advantages/disadvantages, it doesn't change what weapon type it is.

What's a good talent for an Avatar that will marry Azura?

That depends on what class you want to make Azura/Shigure. As a rule of thumb, both have bad MAG and low defensive stats while having incredible STR, SKL and SPD (Azura more so than Shigure), which tends to make them perform well as any class that can attack from range with physical attacks, like a Sniper or Master Ninja. Both of them also have growths suited fairly well towards a Swordmaster, looking kind of like Hana. Azura still has incredible utility as a Songstress, of course.

EDIT: If it's just about skills, Azura appreciates anything that helps out her paper-thin defenses, even just a little. Knight for Pavise, or Cavalier for Aegis are both good choices. Kinshi Knight's Amaterasu also synergizes excellently with her passive, but she has Sky Knight innately either way... However, the thing with skills is that you can just go online and buy them off someone's castle.

Edited by Nihilon

After which campaign should i play Heirs of Fate and Hidden Truths?

Hidden truths contains massive spoilers for all three campaignes, and heirs of fait apperently contains spoiler for hidden truths. (if you didn't already know revelation assumes you played birthright and conquest first. I recomend you play in the order: birthright or conquest --> the other one --> revelation --> Hidden truths --> Heirs of fate. If you want the items without being spoiled, you can always skip all cutscenes.

Posted · Hidden by eclipse, July 5, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by eclipse, July 5, 2016 - No reason given

Hidden truths contains massive spoilers for all three campaignes, and heirs of fait apperently contains spoiler for hidden truths (and also all three campaigns). (if you didn't already know revelation assumes you played birthright and conquest first.) I recommend you play in the order: birthright or conquest --> the other one --> revelation --> Hidden truths --> Heirs of fate. If you want the items without being spoiled, you can always skip all cutscenes.

That depends on what class you want to make Azura/Shigure. As a rule of thumb, both have bad MAG and low defensive stats while having incredible STR, SKL and SPD (Azura more so than Shigure), which tends to make them perform well as any class that can attack from range with physical attacks, like a Sniper or Master Ninja. Both of them also have growths suited fairly well towards a Swordmaster, looking kind of like Hana. Azura still has incredible utility as a Songstress, of course.

EDIT: If it's just about skills, Azura appreciates anything that helps out her paper-thin defenses, even just a little. Knight for Pavise, or Cavalier for Aegis are both good choices. Kinshi Knight's Amaterasu also synergizes excellently with her passive, but she has Sky Knight innately either way... However, the thing with skills is that you can just go online and buy them off someone's castle.

I was more asking what would be a good class to help patch Azura's flaws... I should have specified. XD But thanks!

In Birthright, what classic difficulty is closest to Conquest Hard?

Lunatic, easy. Even that's a bit of a stretch because usually only bosses have skills.

Someone asked a while ago whether there was an easy way to find support charts for the different paths. I have those.

Birthright

Conquest

Revelation

As best I know they're all optimized for readability. They all take the info provided here and make it easier to parse. I refer back to these all the time to make setups for runs.

Now I have a question: what's the highest unit rating someone has come across in someone else's castle that was achieved without hacking? I've heard tell of 500+, which seems unlikely.

Edited by BlenD

Hi,

first time posting!! Woo

I'm a bit confused regarding secondary/parallel classes... If I were to A+ my Orochi!Ophelia with my Nyx!Rhajat, she would get access to Oni Savage via a Friendship Seal, right? I'll probably find out for myself when I actually get around to recruiting them and fixing their supports, but I'm currently just doing some planning in Excel, so it'd be great if someone just had a fast answer for me, haha.

Also, just to make sure: A+ supports only work one-way, correct? So Rhajat can use another unit, say, for example Caeldori, for her A+?

And also #2: am I right in assuming that for example Caeldori/Selkie/etc. could "use" Rhajat for their A+ support as well (even if Ophelia already had A+ with her) if I wanted to? Or does the first one to reach A+ with her have dibs?

Thank you all ヽ( ´ v`)ノ

Hi there

I just want to know which skills shall be passed on these children:

Midori (SetsunaXKaze - I think I'll go for the Miracle Midori any skills that I should pass?)

Shigure (AzuraXTakumi)

Kisaragi (AzuraXTakumi)

Dwyer (FeliciaXJakob)

Shiro (KageroXRyoma)

Selkie (OboroXKaden)

Mitama (RinkahXAzama)

Thank you

Hi,

first time posting!! Woo

I'm a bit confused regarding secondary/parallel classes... If I were to A+ my Orochi!Ophelia with my Nyx!Rhajat, she would get access to Oni Savage via a Friendship Seal, right? I'll probably find out for myself when I actually get around to recruiting them and fixing their supports, but I'm currently just doing some planning in Excel, so it'd be great if someone just had a fast answer for me, haha.

Also, just to make sure: A+ supports only work one-way, correct? So Rhajat can use another unit, say, for example Caeldori, for her A+?

And also #2: am I right in assuming that for example Caeldori/Selkie/etc. could "use" Rhajat for their A+ support as well (even if Ophelia already had A+ with her) if I wanted to? Or does the first one to reach A+ with her have dibs?

Thank you all ヽ( ´ v`)ノ

#1 No, she would get nothing, since she already has the class she would get from Rhajat inherited from Orochi.

#2 it is possible, A+ is one-sided. If Unit A has A+ with Unit B, Unit B can have A+ with Unit C, while Unit D has A+ with Unit B again.

In other words you can get as many units as you like to A+ with Rhajat, but Rhajat can get only one A+ with an other unit.

But I don't know why you want so many Diviners...

Ah, thank you so much!! ❤

And, haha, no, I don't want that many diviners... I only chose her as an example to keep it simple in order to get a hang of how Friendship Seals work. But, if what you're saying is correct, the information provided on the Fates page here on Serenes is not correct... It basically says that the Friendship Seals work the same way as Partner Seals do. I'm on my phone now, but I can take a closer look later and post a link to the page I'm referring to.

Thanks again for your quick answer!

It does work the same way: you can get the base class of the unit you have the corrrsponding support with. A Unit with S Support Rhajat will get Diviner, a unit with A+ will get Diviner too.

Only Exeptions are Avatar and Kana (give Avatars talent), Kaden, Selkie, Keaton and Velouria, who give their secondary class.

The Avatar can not give a class via Friendship Seal, but can get the base class of all Units of the same gender if he/she has an A Support with them.

Ohhhhh wow alright now I understand. It was mostly the parallel classes that kept confusing me, when they 'appear' and when they do not. Thanks a lot!

... Or well. Just one last thing. If I have A+ between Benny and Keaton, will he get nothing (or basically just like using a Heart Seal) or will he get the Wolfskin parallel class Outlaw, then? If I've understood correctly, he won't be getting anything, right? But for example Arthur will, because his -base- class is Fighter...? I apologise for being so wordy, haha, still trying to wrap my head around this

Ohhhhh wow alright now I understand. It was mostly the parallel classes that kept confusing me, when they 'appear' and when they do not. Thanks a lot!

... Or well. Just one last thing. If I have A+ between Benny and Keaton, will he get nothing (or basically just like using a Heart Seal) or will he get the Wolfskin parallel class Outlaw, then? If I've understood correctly, he won't be getting anything, right? But for example Arthur will, because his -base- class is Fighter...? I apologise for being so wordy, haha, still trying to wrap my head around this

Yeah, Benny wouldn't get anything since his secondary is Fighter.

Hello people, I wonder one thing...

I recall the Luna's skill animation for female heroes in Awakening. Does someone knows if the animation still the same or was it totally changed ?

Hello people, I wonder one thing...

I recall the Luna's skill animation for female heroes in Awakening. Does someone knows if the animation still the same or was it totally changed ?

It was changed.

Does anyone know places where I can capture generic Nohrian lancer's who have a couple of skills?

I know the lancer's with wary fighter in Museum Melee can't be captured.

Edit: Nevermind, I learned they can appear in high level revelations skirmishes.

Edited by HyperBowser

If I reclassed Ryoma or Xander into Vanguard, would they use Ike's ragnell attack animation for long ranged attacks? Would they slash to shoot at their opponents? Or was that something they specifically did for Ragnell and do they use the generic magic weapon animations for Siegfried and Raijinto?

If I reclassed Ryoma or Xander into Vanguard, would they use Ike's ragnell attack animation for long ranged attacks? Would they slash to shoot at their opponents? Or was that something they specifically did for Ragnell and do they use the generic magic weapon animations for Siegfried and Raijinto?

it's looks like the Levin Sword animation