"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just completed Hard!Nohr Ch. 17 and aside from being very pleased with myself, I also realize I was playing with fire. All of my units had terrible hit rates against the boss (some even sub-30%) and there were 3 units that could attack the boss (I had to rush over there because Saizo was trying to suicide himself).

What I did in the end is have Elise freeze him as to lower his Avo and then just pray to the Gods that one of the attacks (which was around 50% now) would hit. Fortunately Xander did hit, but it could easily have gone wrong. Would there have been a way to more reliably kill the boss? Up to the boss everything was running smoothly but thanks to the boss I felt like I was too dependent on luck during this chapter and I hate that.

edit: not to mention freeze also had like a 50% chance to hit.

Edited by Quirino

I've just completed Hard!Nohr Ch. 17 and aside from being very pleased with myself, I also realize I was playing with fire. All of my units had terrible hit rates against the boss (some even sub-30%) and there were 3 units that could attack the boss (I had to rush over there because Saizo was trying to suicide himself).

What I did in the end is have Elise freeze him as to lower his Avo and then just pray to the Gods that one of the attacks (which was around 50% now) would hit. Fortunately Xander did hit, but it could easily have gone wrong. Would there have been a way to more reliably kill the boss? Up to the boss everything was running smoothly but thanks to the boss I felt like I was too dependent on luck during this chapter and I hate that.

edit: not to mention freeze also had like a 50% chance to hit.

If you can make him switch over to the Flame Shuriken, he loses 20 avoid. Heartseeker and Benny's personal can also be used to drop his evade. Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

What's a Basara anyway?

Basaras are a promotion option for Diviners and Spear Fighters. They wield tomes and lances. People mainly have their units go through this class (if available) to have them pick up Rend Heaven.

Basaras are a promotion option for Diviners and Spear Fighters. They wield tomes and lances. People mainly have their units go through this class (if available) to have them pick up Rend Heaven.

No, I meant what is a Basara historically. Like I know what a Valkyrie and Ninja is but Basara leaves me completely confounded. The only thing google provides is some kind of manga character.

Edited by Jotari

What's a Basara anyway?

"Basara (婆裟羅) refers to a group of people from the early Muromachi period who were renowned for ignoring their social status and dressing in fashions that were considered to be extravagant and flamboyant."

That's taken straight from the FE wiki.

"Basara (婆裟羅) refers to a group of people from the early Muromachi period who were renowned for ignoring their social status and dressing in fashions that were considered to be extravagant and flamboyant."

That's taken straight from the FE wiki.

Wow. I really should have checked there first. Thanks.

they have Shurikenfaire, Locktouch, and Poison

https://youtu.be/M0zDCoTNslk?t=2095

That's a load off my mind.

Anyways: Do Rescue and Entrap have a priority setting as to which adjacent square the target is transported to (assuming the user has all four adjacent spaces open)?

it's looks like the Levin Sword animation

WHY!?

Seriously, does anybody actually think the magic sword animations look cool? They came up with basically the best method of visualizing somebody attacking somebody with a sword at range and they insist on never using it after Tellius?

I liked Ragnell's attack animations when used at range, but I can understand why the Raijinto gets the Levin Sword animation. its basically the same weapon except better stats. But for Siegfried, I personally think it'd look awesome if it used the same attack animation as the Ragnell did. Except the wave would be of dark energy, almost like Ichigo's Black Getsuga Tensho attack.

Anyways: Do Rescue and Entrap have a priority setting as to which adjacent square the target is transported to (assuming the user has all four adjacent spaces open)?

Yes, Rescue transports the unit above the rescuing unit and Entrap warps it to the right of the entrapping unit.

By the way, the full priority list for Rescue is north->west->south->east and the one for Entrap is east->south->north->west.

If two characters marry, does the stats of them get pushed higher or do I have to support them in a fight?

I mean does the stats get higher if the married couple fight in guard stance or attack stance, or does the stats grow just after the marriage.

Edited by Mira Vermilion

If two characters marry, does the stats of them get pushed higher or do I have to support them in a fight?

I mean does the stats get higher if the married couple fight in guard stance or attack stance, of does the stats grow just after the marriage.

I'd explain, but... This page and this page explain better than I could. Note that you can also click to go to the Hoshido page.

For my question: Are there any characters who have more than one facial expression they can use when activating crits or skills?

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

I'd explain, but... This page and this page explain better than I could. Note that you can also click to go to the Hoshido page.

For my question: Are there any characters who have more than one facial expression they can use when activating crits or skills?

The question wasn't how much does the stat grows by pairing them up in fight (guard stance, attack stance).

It was, will the stat grow up right after marrying or do they get stat growths by pairing them up in a fight after their marriage.

The question wasn't how much does the stat grows by pairing them up in fight (guard stance, attack stance).

It was, will the stat grow up right after marrying or do they get stat growths by pairing them up in a fight after their marriage.

Oops. That'd be a no.

Oops. That'd be a no.

So they'll get a start growth by pairing up after the marriage?

Nope the growths are fix, determined by class and base unit growth. Only the childs stat growth is determined by the base growths. If you want to increas a specific growth you have to reclass/promote that unit.

Growth rates of a unit have nothing to do with the supports of that unit.

Edited by 17thSeraph

In the chapter where you create replicas via dragon veins, do the replicas have better growth rates? I had 4 instances where the replicas got perfect level ups.

no. they're the exact same. I mean, all exp and equipped weapon is shared/kept the same, too

Edited by GoXDS

How do I get the skill for Bows to attack at 1 range? I see units at My Castles equipped with it sometimes and can't figure out how people are getting it.

Heirs of Fate 6 or that they are using a shining bow.

Nohr Princess, Ninja, and Samurai I believe

One of my files had it. Was sure because this F!corrin has master ninja and mechanist on the heart seal list.

He actually gets cavalier from corrin if corrin's talent is the same as the class the other parent should have passed down xD