"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

So I've read a lot about how Percy is that great a unit, but now that I've recruited him I find him very underwhelming. He's a level 1 Wyvern Lord with 21 strength and 18 speed, which is really sub-par compared to my other units. His defense is great, at 29, but it feels like he has nothing else to really make great use of it. He can't double, he doesn't do very much damage and he doesn't hit all that reliably either.

He's a great physical tank but I already have Effie (who can't get doubled) and Keaton (who is a powerhouse) for that. Is my Percy RNG-screwed or am I missing the point of him being so great?

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I've read a lot about how Percy is that great a unit, but now that I've recruited him I find him very underwhelming. He's a level 1 Wyvern Lord with 21 strength and 18 speed, which is really sub-par compared to my other units. His defense is great, at 29, but it feels like he has nothing else to really make great use of it. He can't double, he doesn't do very much damage and he doesn't hit all that reliably either.

He's a great physical tank but I already have Effie (who can't get doubled) and Keaton (who is a powerhouse) for that. Is my Percy RNG-screwed or am I missing the point of him being so great?

1: Who's the mom?

2: Wyvern lords are generally slow enough to want wary fighter

Do the reinforcements monsters in Conquest's chapter 21 (which have a skill which don't give you battle experience) give you weapon experience at least?

Nope. I actually found this out by playing Siegbert's paralogue, which also has reinforcements that have Void Curse.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Right, Effie is. He didn't inherit Wary Fighter from Effie though.

Should try to get wary fighter as a class as slow as wyvern lord. You can heart seal him to general to get it.

Effie!Percy should be strong. Maybe you were unlucky, or recruited him when one of the parents were lacking in stats.

'Takes their time' as in...? Planning pairings, and skills? What more is there?

Grinding^^

Luckily they don't have these insane base-stats and growth rates they had in Awakening (most of the time)

For the purposes of Trample, does Mechanist count as a mounted class?

Yes, just testet it. With Trample Beruka did 25 Damage on Mechanist Midori, without it 25 damage too (the damage wasn't increased througth Trample)

Did this experiment by testing my castles defenses.

AzuraXTakumi

What skill shall I get on Kiragi and Shigure?

Also can Kiragi wield the Fujin Yumi in the normal game?

Can Shigure use Sing?

1.Voice of Peace on Kiragi since he is frail, and for Shigure it depends how (or if) you use him.

2.No

3.No

Edited by 17thSeraph

Does anyone know if you can get additional Beastrunes and Beaststone+ from the weapon DLC?

Answer is not on main site of Serenes forest yet, but at least I may have found it, if only on the bottom of source's page:

No stones of any kind in museum melee(Beast or Dragon)

Source

AzuraXTakumi

What skill shall I get on Kiragi and Shigure?

Also can Kiragi wield the Fujin Yumi in the normal game?

Can Shigure use Sing

While I can't answer the first question I'm assuming you can only give luck+4 to Shigure and Kiragi

No Kiragi cannot wield the Fujin Yumi in the normal game

No Shigure cannot use sing/inherit the songstress class

While I can't answer the first question I'm assuming you can only give luck+4 to Shigure and Kiragi

Not true. Azura can pass down Luck+4, voice of Peace, or foregn princess to any of her children (i have done this myself). She can't pass down inspiring song, though (probably because no one else can use "sing", so it would be useless).

Sigure gets the rod knight class instead of the dancer class (azura can't use rod knight, but the game has special coding to replace dancer with it in this case).

FYI, doing this pairing allows takumi to learn pegasis knight skills immediatly upon leveling if you promote/reclass him to knishi knight, because he gets Sky Knight from azura, and therefore could have promoted from it. This is recomended because takumi really benefits from flowing strike.

Edited by sirmola

1. Does Future Sight show any animation when activated? I've never seen it activated.

2. What does the setting "Parley Interaction" do?

1. Future Sight doesn't display an animation at all. All you can do to know if it activated is check the EXP. bar as you gain experience -- do you get much more than normal when you kill somebody during Player Phase?

2. I can't answer this for certain but I can imagine it allowing you to send your avatar right into another player's Traveler's Plaze in their castle or something. Again, I don't know for certain.

1. Future Sight doesn't display an animation at all. All you can do to know if it activated is check the EXP. bar as you gain experience -- do you get much more than normal when you kill somebody during Player Phase?

2. I can't answer this for certain but I can imagine it allowing you to send your avatar right into another player's Traveler's Plaze in their castle or something. Again, I don't know for certain.

Thanks!

Sooo I'm nearing the end of my conquest hard classic playthrough, and I've been doing some reading about endgame. I've heard some gruesome stories about how Endgame is basically impossible without rescue and all.

Here's the thing: I'm out of rescue staves. I blew my final two uses on Takumi's chapter because I forgot to check skills and the lunge guy caused me to slightly panic and rescue Xander... Twice. I really prefer not to use visit bonuses, so that rescue stave is out of the question. Is it really as bad as I've read or should I still be able to finish it? And are there some special preparations I should keep in mind? I can still reclass for skills and save for items now.

My team is Avatar (Nohr Noble), Felicia (Maid), Silas (Great Knight), Azura (Songstress), Kaze (Dread Fighter), Elise (Strategist), Effie (General), Niles (Bow Knight, but I did get the Adventurer skills), Camilla (Wyvern Lord, but I did get Trample), Selena (Dread Fighter, pair-up fodder for Silas), Leo (Dark Falcon, but I did get Lifetaker), Keaton (Wolfssegner), Xander (Paladin), Forrest (Sorcerer) and Velouria (Wolfssegner). All except Elise, Selena, Forrest and Azura are between 15-20 in their second class (35-40 for Kaze, Leo and Felicia) .