"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

Sooo I'm nearing the end of my conquest hard classic playthrough, and I've been doing some reading about endgame. I've heard some gruesome stories about how Endgame is basically impossible without rescue and all.

Here's the thing: I'm out of rescue staves. I blew my final two uses on Takumi's chapter because I forgot to check skills and the lunge guy caused me to slightly panic and rescue Xander... Twice. I really prefer not to use visit bonuses, so that rescue stave is out of the question. Is it really as bad as I've read or should I still be able to finish it? And are there some special preparations I should keep in mind? I can still reclass for skills and save for items now.

My team is Avatar (Nohr Noble), Felicia (Maid), Silas (Great Knight), Azura (Songstress), Kaze (Dread Fighter), Elise (Strategist), Effie (General), Niles (Bow Knight, but I did get the Adventurer skills), Camilla (Wyvern Lord, but I did get Trample), Selena (Dread Fighter, pair-up fodder for Silas), Leo (Dark Falcon, but I did get Lifetaker), Keaton (Wolfssegner), Xander (Paladin), Forrest (Sorcerer) and Velouria (Wolfssegner). All except Elise, Selena, Forrest and Azura are between 15-20 in their second class (35-40 for Kaze, Leo and Felicia) .

I did not use Rescue. it being impossibly hard only really applies to Lunatic (maybe? haven't done it on Lunatic). just try it then do w/e you need to

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sooo I'm nearing the end of my conquest hard classic playthrough, and I've been doing some reading about endgame. I've heard some gruesome stories about how Endgame is basically impossible without rescue and all.

Here's the thing: I'm out of rescue staves. I blew my final two uses on Takumi's chapter because I forgot to check skills and the lunge guy caused me to slightly panic and rescue Xander... Twice. I really prefer not to use visit bonuses, so that rescue stave is out of the question. Is it really as bad as I've read or should I still be able to finish it? And are there some special preparations I should keep in mind? I can still reclass for skills and save for items now.

My team is Avatar (Nohr Noble), Felicia (Maid), Silas (Great Knight), Azura (Songstress), Kaze (Dread Fighter), Elise (Strategist), Effie (General), Niles (Bow Knight, but I did get the Adventurer skills), Camilla (Wyvern Lord, but I did get Trample), Selena (Dread Fighter, pair-up fodder for Silas), Leo (Dark Falcon, but I did get Lifetaker), Keaton (Wolfssegner), Xander (Paladin), Forrest (Sorcerer) and Velouria (Wolfssegner). All except Elise, Selena, Forrest and Azura are between 15-20 in their second class (35-40 for Kaze, Leo and Felicia) .

I didn't use any Rescue, and I finished the last stage without anyone dying. Most of the poeple I use are children, so maybe it would make a difference. The last stage is usually layer I would focus a high resistance character to tank the mage area while the tank to tank the physical area. A character with high dodge is moderate to high defense should be used to take out the mage that may weaken your character or you could silence that mage with another mage. It's more important to dodge than tank as you go further down since if you place it wrong, the tank character will be hit multiple times and even KO by being piled on when you get closer to Takumi.

I didn't use any Rescue, and I finished the last stage without anyone dying. Most of the poeple I use are children, so maybe it would make a difference. The last stage is usually layer I would focus a high resistance character to tank the mage area while the tank to tank the physical area. A character with high dodge is moderate to high defense should be used to take out the mage that may weaken your character or you could silence that mage with another mage. It's more important to dodge than tank as you go further down since if you place it wrong, the tank character will be hit multiple times and even KO by being piled on when you get closer to Takumi.

I'm on chapter 23 CQ, and I really want to know... Which skill has priority over the other, Rend Heaven or Vengeance?

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

I have just finished Conquest Hard Classic finally. After Birthright Hard I thought "I could probably do lunatic" but after Conquest I'm not quite so confident. I wonder, what are the biggest changes from hard to lunatic, other than the stacking debuffs in chapter 25 and endgame?

Birthright is still fairly easy even on Lunatic. Most enemies still have few if any skills and they really aren't very threatening until, like, Chapter 23 when everything is promoted. Chapter 27 has a ton of enemies that hit fairly hard, but you could always just do a Ryoma + Corrin solo of that chapter if you find it too hard.

Some of the changes include more enemies and that every enemy has the maximum possible weapon rank(s) that their class allows.

I have another question: How are Life and Death/Aggressor/Spendthrift affected by Dragonskin? Is the damage boost they give added and then halved by Dragonskin or is the damage boost added after your attack damage is halved by Dragonskin? (I'm trying to come up with a way to 1 turn Revelation's final chapter and it would be much more consistent if I didn't have to rely on procs and/or crits to make it happen although I'm pretty sure you need crits/procs regardless since you have to redo Chapter 27 as well every time you reset and that takes up a lot of time.)

Edited by Carmine Sword

Birthright is still fairly easy even on Lunatic. Most enemies still have few if any skills and they really aren't very threatening until, like, Chapter 23 when everything is promoted. Chapter 27 has a ton of enemies that hit fairly hard, but you could always just do a Ryoma + Corrin solo of that chapter if you find it too hard.

Some of the changes include more enemies and that every enemy has the maximum possible weapon rank(s) that their class allows.

I have another question: How are Life and Death/Aggressor/Spendthrift affected by Dragonskin? Is the damage boost they give added and then halved by Dragonskin or is the damage boost added after your attack damage is halved by Dragonskin? (I'm trying to come up with a way to 1 turn Revelation's final chapter and it would be much more consistent if I didn't have to rely on procs and/or crits to make it happen although I'm pretty sure you need crits/procs regardless since you have to redo Chapter 27 as well every time you reset and that takes up a lot of time.)

I'm not quite sure how they'd stack but if you're really worried about it, you could always add a "faire" skill as well to boost the damage output and not really on attack skills.

Now I'm curious, I wonder how OP it'd be having the highest offensive class (which is Berserker at 40 capped, not counting stat bonuses from Boon/statues/pair-ups), with Aggressor, Spendthrift, Life and Death, axefaire and maybe Quick Draw? thats like +30 damage isn't it? I wonder just how much damage that'd actually dish out altogether. lol Someone should try this out!

I just got a Lucina amiibo in the 25th of July and a Robin amiibo in today from eBay. And I don't think I have asked this question, but I'm right at in Chapter 24 in Birthright and recruited Lucina in Corrin's army:

I know that Odin, Selena, and Laslow does have a VS. Quote if Lucina and Robin fought the three of them in Hero Battle, but if you have Lucina and Robin in Corrin's army fight against Odin, Laslow, and Selena in Birthright and Revelations as Enemy Units, do the three have a special VS. Quote if they encounter Lucina and Robin in the chapters that one of the three fights in the story line?

Edited by King Marth 64

I just got a Lucina amiibo in the 25th of July and a Robin amiibo in today from eBay. And I don't think I have asked this question, but I'm right at in Chapter 24 in Birthright and recruited Lucina in Corrin's army:

I know that Odin, Selena, and Laslow does have a VS. Quote if Lucina and Robin fought the three of them in Hero Battle, but if you have Lucina and Robin in Corrin's army fight against Odin, Laslow, and Selena in Birthright and Revelations as Enemy Units, do the three have a special VS. Quote if they encounter Lucina and Robin in the chapters that one of the three fights in the story line?

I'm pretty sure that amiibo units don't receive any special recognition outside of their hero battles, being that they're guest units. So in other words, no.

After my Revelation run I want to tackle Conquest lunatic as to really challenge myself. I've been very conflicted about my secondary class for the avatar. The classes I've had in mind were:

Cavalier (GK and Paladin have good skills and can wield the yato, GK makes avatar pretty durable).

Ninja (master ninja has lethality, can wield yato and can wield the best weapon type in game, however the strength and defenses may suffer).

Samurai (Swordmaster gets astra, gets evasion bonuses and can wield the yato)

Oni Savage (Oni Chieftain has among the best skills in the game and blacksmith can wield yato)

Outlaw (The adventurer + bow knight skills combined proved a great help for dealing with ninjas in Conquest, and bow knight can wield yato)

I realize I can get cavalier, ninja and outlaw also by buddy-sealing Silas, Kaze and Niles respectively. Alternatively I can just pick up skills and reclass back to Nohr Noble if that's a good class to end in. All in all, what would be a good class to have as secondary class for Avatar in a Conquest run?

Are the child characters' base stats dependent on how good their parents are when recruited? Will stronger parents equal stronger children? Does anyone know how it works?

There is some dependence, but not nearly as much as in awakening. The way it works is that the game calculates the base states that the kids "should" have at that level, and then adds 1/4th of the amount each parent has in excess of that. This is capped so that it can't be more than a 10th of the kid's stat plus 2. THe end result is that there is a noticable benefit, but not a massive one. THe precise formula is

Child’s Level 10 + N stats = Class base stats + [Child’s absolute base stats + (N x Child’s full growth rates); define the value inside these square bracket as “C”] + {[(Father’s personal stats – C; 0 if negative) + (Mother’s personal stats – C; 0 if negative)] / 4; cannot be higher than (C/10) +2 rounded down}

SOurce: http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/hoshidan-characters/base-stats/

Note that the calculation does NOT use parent's level in any way. (of course, higher level parents can pass down better skills. The skill inheritance mechanic is unchaged from awakening AFIK.)

So basically, if the children have worse growths than their parents, or if their parents got obscenely lucky or are really over-leveled for the point in the game, they'll make the children slightly above average?

Pretty much, yeah. Note that case one happens pretty frequently though, because kid's growths don't depend on their fixed parrent's growths at all in this game, and because plenty of mothers have such lopsided stats that the kid's growths are nowhere near the mother's growths.

Edited by sirmola

Question on obtaining skills. Hinata's currently a level 5 Swordmaster, and I want to give Hisame Death Blow. From what I can glean on the wiki if I level Hinata up to 6 as an Oni Chieftan he should learn Death Blow. Is this correct?

Question on obtaining skills. Hinata's currently a level 5 Swordmaster, and I want to give Hisame Death Blow. From what I can glean on the wiki if I level Hinata up to 6 as an Oni Chieftan he should learn Death Blow. Is this correct?

He will first learn Res Seal at level 6, Shove at level 7, and Death Blow at level 8.

So far I've completed Revelations (hard classic) up to chapter 18 and I wonder, does this tediousness ever end? Taking at least 20/30 turns per chapter gets really old really fast. Especially with a game as easy as this. So far I think it has been easier than birthright (maybe it's just in comparison since I just came from Conquest). I'm getting really bored by this route and I just wonder if the game gets better

now that the team is in Valla.

Also how cruel is this:

I played chapter 18 yesterday, on Scarlet's birthday

So far I've completed Revelations (hard classic) up to chapter 18 and I wonder, does this tediousness ever end? Taking at least 20/30 turns per chapter gets really old really fast. Especially with a game as easy as this. So far I think it has been easier than birthright (maybe it's just in comparison since I just came from Conquest). I'm getting really bored by this route and I just wonder if the game gets better

now that the team is in Valla.

Somewhat IMO, but its still gimicky is a way that slows you down. Thear's nothing nearly as bad as the ice level, though. (There is a "optional stealth for a reward, but you can just batter your way through" chapter, that i hear is incredably tedious if you go for the reward, though.)

Somewhat IMO, but its still gimicky is a way that slows you down. Thear's nothing nearly as bad as the ice level, though. (There is a "optional stealth for a reward, but you can just batter your way through" chapter, that i hear is incredably tedious if you go for the reward, though.)

No, it's not THAT hard, it is rather easy, even if you bring more units with you. Some skills(movement+1, Shelter, Warp, etc) make this far to easy. I managed to get all treasure chests by full deployment and reaching the boss unnoticed. I had to use shelter only once when I messed up and one of my units stood at the edge of the enemies range.

Just take one turn to see how the enemie moves. They have low movement so as long as you don't bring units like knigths or generals with you, you can get out of the enemies range.

And for emergencies you can also take a rescue staves with you, this is not conquest lunatic where you have to one-turn the endgame ;)

The extra reward a boot, a bit of money and a seal (forget which one, at least it wasn't the eternal one)^^

No, it's not THAT hard, it is rather easy, even if you bring more units with you. Some skills(movement+1, Shelter, Warp, etc) make this far to easy. I managed to get all treasure chests by full deployment and reaching the boss unnoticed. I had to use shelter only once when I messed up and one of my units stood at the edge of the enemies range.

Just take one turn to see how the enemie moves. They have low movement so as long as you don't bring units like knigths or generals with you, you can get out of the enemies range.

And for emergencies you can also take a rescue staves with you, this is not conquest lunatic where you have to one-turn the endgame ;)

The extra reward a boot, a bit of money and a seal (forget which one, at least it wasn't the eternal one)^^

I don't know what mode you played, but in hard or lunatic you have to get out of enemy range considering the enemy phase too, so it gets quite difficult to calculate where to place your units, and I don't know if you can do it with more than 2 unit, since more often than not you have 1 tile to place in order to not get caught.

Anyway I have a question, I have Asugi with Orochi as the mother, if I make him marry Nyx!Rhajat will he gain Dark Mage?