"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the RNG in Fates 1RN or 2RN?

No one really knows exactly how it works. Evidence points to it being more complicated than either of those systems, but there are so many ways it could work that its hard to tell what it is by testing alone, and no one has hacked it directly to find out AFAIK.

Parodying the same topic in the FE13 section (if it doesn't parody another topic already). Ask questions, have people who played the game answer them.

I'll be the first, since I know there are people who already have the game. Just a reminder that we should specify which version we're talking about when it becomes necessary.

- How is the tone of the story? Is it lighthearted or edgier?

- How is the difficulty in Birthright and Conquest? Is it comparable to FE13's Normal, Hard and Lunatic modes?

Look i dont have the game but i think i can answer a few things(although you propably know them)

It depends on which game you buy and on if you are a person that take things seriously or not.Personally I find the story great on all routes but my favourite the Birthright one

There isn't much i could say that pretty much everyone(with a few exceptions) are all around well written

Now I don't know about the difficulty since i haven't played the game

• Does someone here know the hex code of Mitama's (pink) canon hair color?

• Is there a way to successfully edit children's hair colors (battle model + My Castle) with a save editor without changing those of their parents?

• Are cosmetic changes like this automatically shadowbanned or do i have some freedom to tinker with them?

Thanks in advance,

Sétanta

Anyone have any advice for cq ch23 lunatic? I'm trying to move up on the far right of the bridge when I come up to hinata, and my plan was to bait some guys out with benny, but apparently these units act differently... and the life and death archer almost kills my bait. I think the biggest problem is that I can't orko all of these units in 1 turn, so what ends up happening is the accumulated dmg I get from counter attacks and the counter skill on those archers just sets up a easy kill for the remaining enemy next turn. I tried pulling these guys away, but they apparently reset. O yea, and there's also takumi shooting that balista at you so definitely I have to clear that section out in 1 turn?

Edited by yammers

Anyone have any advice for cq ch23 lunatic? I'm trying to move up on the far right of the bridge when I come up to hinata, and my plan was to bait some guys out with benny, but apparently these units act differently... and the life and death archer almost kills my bait. I think the biggest problem is that I can't orko all of these units in 1 turn, so what ends up happening is the accumulated dmg I get from counter attacks and the counter skill on those archers just sets up a easy kill for the remaining enemy next turn. I tried pulling these guys away, but they apparently reset. O yea, and there's also takumi shooting that balista at you so definitely I have to clear that section out in 1 turn?

I'd just ignore Hinata and his squad if I were you, and fly units over the cliff instead of trying to deal with them. Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

I'd just ignore Hinata and his squad if I were you, and fly units over the cliff instead of trying to deal with them.

Would I miss anything if I did this? How do most ppl usually deal with hinata? When I try googling this people apparently had no issues with this part so I'm assuming something's off with my unit comp.

Would I miss anything if I did this? How do most ppl usually deal with hinata? When I try googling this people apparently had no issues with this part so I'm assuming something's off with my unit comp.

Nope - none of Hinata's squad nor Hinata himself has any dropped items.

I don't know if you have any units with sufficient defense but my Benny had such high defenses that every unit on the map pretty much did just 0-3 damage to him with physical attacks or up to 7 with magic attacks. So what I did was send him (paired up with my Great Knight avatar for +Defense and the Supportive boost) up the right side of the bridge. Him blocking the enemies slightly allowed me to bring my other units closer without them being in range. Then next turn I attacked with as many of my units as possible that could withstand being physically attacked, and used a Freeze staff to immobilize the Spear Master with Seal Defense in the upper-left corner. This ensured that he wouldn't make any of my units too vulnerable to survive. I think I had to Freeze him the next turn as well since it took a little while to mop up all the enemies. Without a Freeze staff or a highly bulky unit, I'm not sure what the best strategy is...

But yes, the only reward for doing this is EXP.

I need help. Every time I try using my calling carda to vist other castles it says come back tomorrow. Even though it have become a new day.

I can visit other castles just fine but just not my calling cards. Which is annoying as fuck since there are skills I need to buy...

I need help. Every time I try using my calling carda to vist other castles it says come back tomorrow. Even though it have become a new day.

I can visit other castles just fine but just not my calling cards. Which is annoying as fuck since there are skills I need to buy...

This is just speculation on my part, but maybe by a day they mean '24 hours' rather than the next day, date-wise? So if you would visit a castle at say 20 pm one day, you wouldn't be able to visit the same castle the next day at 4 pm for example. Can you visit another castle through a calling card after waiting two days? If not, there has to be another problem...

You might want to check this topic on the Fire Emblem subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/3DS/comments/4dopjd/weirdly_specific_3ds_clock_issue_with_fire_emblem/

Edited by Masterthunderblade

This is just speculation on my part, but maybe by a day they mean '24 hours' rather than the next day, date-wise? So if you would visit a castle at say 20 pm one day, you wouldn't be able to visit the same castle the next day at 4 pm for example. Can you visit another castle through a calling card after waiting two days? If not, there has to be another problem...

You might want to check this topic on the Fire Emblem subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/3DS/comments/4dopjd/weirdly_specific_3ds_clock_issue_with_fire_emblem/

I wish it was the case. It have been like this for four days straight now. I managed to find one of my calling cards that worked but not for the rest. I sure hope not that the system transfer I did fucked it up. Cuz I didn't have this problem prior to it.

I wish it was the case. It have been like this for four days straight now. I managed to find one of my calling cards that worked but not for the rest. I sure hope not that the system transfer I did fucked it up. Cuz I didn't have this problem prior to it.

This problem seems to be occurring when changing 3DS' batteries, you're not the first one with such a problem either. No real fix has been issued by Nintendo beyond the usual "update your data".

These are some 'partial fixes' that seemed to have worked for some people but not all of them. You might want to try them out but don't be too disappointed when they don't seem to be working.

-Fix one: (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/114533-fire-emblem-fates-conquest/73467251)

1- Go to your crystal ball and hit "Update Data"
2- Inmediatly go out of your castle and scout a challenge, or use the free dlc if you're playing conquest / don't have any dlc.
3- At the character selection screen , close your 3ds for 5 minutes
4- open your 3ds and complete the battle
5- once you're back on your castle you'll notice that the "updating world" pop up will stay loading longer than usual , that means that the fix worked
6- check your feedback and accesories at your inbox and see if it worked

-Fix two: (https://www.reddit.com/r/3DS/comments/4dopjd/weirdly_specific_3ds_clock_issue_with_fire_emblem/)

"What you do is turn the game on. Save your game and then let the 3DS die. Just let the battery run all the way out. Leave it like that for a bit. While it's STILL TURNED OFF charge it til the charging light stops. After months of dealing with this problem daily, this is what solved it."

Also make sure the time on your 3DS corresponds to the current time zone you live in, apparently there are some issues otherwise. After correcting this, it may take some time to actually resolve.
Edited by Masterthunderblade

Do skills like Duelist Blow and Death Blow trigger if the user activated Vantage?

They Duellist and Death blow triggers as soon the battle starts. So yes they even activates before vantage.

This problem seems to be occurring when changing 3DS' batteries, you're not the first one with such a problem either. No real fix has been issued by Nintendo beyond the usual "update your data".

These are some 'partial fixes' that seemed to have worked for some people but not all of them. You might want to try them out but don't be too disappointed when they don't seem to be working.

-Fix one: (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/114533-fire-emblem-fates-conquest/73467251)

1- Go to your crystal ball and hit "Update Data"
2- Inmediatly go out of your castle and scout a challenge, or use the free dlc if you're playing conquest / don't have any dlc.
3- At the character selection screen , close your 3ds for 5 minutes
4- open your 3ds and complete the battle
5- once you're back on your castle you'll notice that the "updating world" pop up will stay loading longer than usual , that means that the fix worked
6- check your feedback and accesories at your inbox and see if it worked

-Fix two: (https://www.reddit.com/r/3DS/comments/4dopjd/weirdly_specific_3ds_clock_issue_with_fire_emblem/)

"What you do is turn the game on. Save your game and then let the 3DS die. Just let the battery run all the way out. Leave it like that for a bit. While it's STILL TURNED OFF charge it til the charging light stops. After months of dealing with this problem daily, this is what solved it."

Also make sure the time on your 3DS corresponds to the current time zone you live in, apparently there are some issues otherwise. After correcting this, it may take some time to actually resolve.

While sadly these methods doesn't seem to work for me I have however found a possible work around. That's is I can visit them through my StreetPass Results on those castles I have visited on. However it's under my Avatars name instead of the owner.

They Duellist and Death blow triggers as soon the battle starts. So yes they even activates before vantage.

I think you misunderstood his question. I guess he asks if your units' Blow skills could trigger during enemy phase thanks to Vantage.

Anyway I do not think so because there's a difference between being to first to launch an atttack and triggering the fight, which is pushing the "Attack" button if you prefer.

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

I agree with Brand of the Exalt, I was just about to post that too. The battle chances generally never change during the battle itself.

If Vantage activates Duelist's Blow, Ryoma would be effectively immortal. Judging by the few trials I just ran, Vantage doesn't seem to proc with Duelist's Blow. Otherwise Ryoma just died to a few 10% repeatedly.

I think you misunderstood his question. I guess he asks if your units' Blow skills could trigger during enemy phase thanks to Vantage.

Anyway I do not think so because there's a difference between being to first to launch an atttack and triggering the fight, which is pushing the "Attack" button if you prefer.

So when skills such as the blow skills says "when this unit initiates an attack" then it means it will only triggers when your units attacks and thus have no effect in the EP? Because I totally read that and thought it even is active during EP.

Or am I mixing things up with the skill priorities?

Edited by FoliFF

So when skills such as the blow skills says "when this unit initiates an attack" then it means it will only triggers when your units attacks and thus have no effect in the EP? Because I totally read that and thought it even is active during EP.

Or am I mixing things up with the skill priorities?

Yes, Blow skills works only during your turn. If one of your units activates Vantage, he will be the first to attack, but not the one that triggered the fight.

EDIT: it's possible to test it anyway, but I'm 95% sure of what I'm saying.

The battle chances generally never change during the battle itself.

That's right. If Xander triggers a fight against an enemy with full HP, his second hit (considering he's doubling during this fight, that's definitely not a good example) will deal exactly the same damage, even if his first hit drop the enemy's HP, unless a skill proced.

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

Do skills like Duelist Blow and Death Blow trigger if the user activated Vantage?

No. Attacking first =/= triggering the battle. You have to initiate the battle to activate blow skills, so they don't ever activate on the opponent's turn.

I just read that the Master Seals from Heirs of Fate 5 actually affect the children's end class and give them bonus items for chapter 6. There are many good options there: Brave Sword, Chakram, Excalibur.

Which option do you think would be the most helpful for chapter 6?

Edited by onmyoji