"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone can remember from their playthroughs, do enemy-only weapons like Iron Kukris have their own unique models or do they just re-use their counterpart models (for Iron Kukris I'd assume Iron sword)?

They have their own unique models.

what is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Has that joke been made yet?

Really though, I was wondering if parents and children get any hidden bonuses. For example, if I pair up Odin and Ophelia (at A rank, Ophelia as lead unit and Odin as sorcerer), Ophelia gets 6 mag, 1 str, 1 lck and 3 res, as well as 10 hit, 6 crit and 3 dodge, right? Does Ophelia get any other bonuses?

Also, how do the support bonuses for gen 2 characters work?

For stats (mag, skill etc) they are Father's C and A and mother's B and S.

But how about the bonuses to hit, crit etc? Do they work the same way? I haven't found an answer anywhere

What are Anna's base stats ? I doubt they stay as they are during her Xenologue,

gGHV0tP.jpg

But I'd like to know if she necessary joins with these stats ? Anna, Outlaw, Level 10, HP: 23, Str: 9, Mag: 11, Skl: 10, Spd: 14, Lck: 15, Def: 6, Res: 15, Mov: 5

Does she joins at a better level and with higher stats the later you recruit her ?

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

What are Anna's base stats ? I doubt they stay as they are during her Xenologue,

gGHV0tP.jpg

But I'd like to know if she necessary joins with these stats ? Anna, Outlaw, Level 10, HP: 23, Str: 9, Mag: 11, Skl: 10, Spd: 14, Lck: 15, Def: 6, Res: 15, Mov: 5

Does she joins at a better level and with higher stats the later you recruit her ?

Not sure about the first question but for the second:

No, Anna will always join at Level 10 Unpromoted, even if you are at endgame.

How does reclassing work for 2nd generation Einherjar? Suppose I recruit a Rinkah!Selkie from someone's castle, will she be able to heartseal into an Oni Savage, or is she stuck in her base class tree?

Hi everyone! Finally FINALLY my copy of Fates arrived in the post, so I just started BR and I'm at chapter 8. Still figuring out a bunch of stuff; I haven't even tried anything wireless yet. But my question isn't about that.

My question is; am I just being really lucky or is hard mode not hard at all?? In my first run of Awakening (classic hard), I was tearing my hair out by chapter 2, and for the first five chapters or so I had to reset at least a bunch of times to beat them without losing anybody. It got easier later on, once challenges weren't too difficult to grind on. But on Birthright (classic hard, again)... well, like I said, I'm on chapter 8 and I've just had to reset like twice so far. And I've only done one or two challenges to even out my team's levels a bit. I'm wondering if it gets harder later on. I know BR is the easiest of the three Fates, but I also heard it was harder than Awakening, so I'm confused.

Hi everyone! Finally FINALLY my copy of Fates arrived in the post, so I just started BR and I'm at chapter 8. Still figuring out a bunch of stuff; I haven't even tried anything wireless yet. But my question isn't about that.

My question is; am I just being really lucky or is hard mode not hard at all?? In my first run of Awakening (classic hard), I was tearing my hair out by chapter 2, and for the first five chapters or so I had to reset at least a bunch of times to beat them without losing anybody. It got easier later on, once challenges weren't too difficult to grind on. But on Birthright (classic hard, again)... well, like I said, I'm on chapter 8 and I've just had to reset like twice so far. And I've only done one or two challenges to even out my team's levels a bit. I'm wondering if it gets harder later on. I know BR is the easiest of the three Fates, but I also heard it was harder than Awakening, so I'm confused.

If you're a bit experimented, Birthright is really easy, even in Lunatic, until maybe Chapter 23 where the difficulty increases a bit. You can tank physical hits with a frail Peg in Chapters 18 and 20. So Challenges are quite useless.

If you're a bit experimented, Birthright is really easy, even in Lunatic, until maybe Chapter 23 where the difficulty increases a bit. You can tank physical hits with a frail Peg in Chapters 18 and 20. So Challenges are quite useless.

That's strange, I found the first few chapters of Awakening hard to be really difficult... (later it got way easy though)

I didn't consider to do my first run of Fates on Lunatic, because, well... I'm a bit of a casual player and I never go straight to the challenge. But I do like a bit of a challenge... And also I wasn't sure if Fates Lunatic would be like Awakening Lunatic, where versatility is extremely limited and you have to rely on very concrete strategies (ie: Frederick)... Is it?

Also, does BR Lunatic lock you out of grinding like Awakening?

That's strange, I found the first few chapters of Awakening hard to be really difficult... (later it got way easy though)

I didn't consider to do my first run of Fates on Lunatic, because, well... I'm a bit of a casual player and I never go straight to the challenge. But I do like a bit of a challenge... And also I wasn't sure if Fates Lunatic would be like Awakening Lunatic, where versatility is extremely limited and you have to rely on very concrete strategies (ie: Frederick)... Is it?

Also, does BR Lunatic lock you out of grinding like Awakening?

I doubt it, to my knowledge.

Anyways, as stated earlier, chapter 23 is where BR takes the gloves off (not only is that the first chapter where every enemy is promoted, and thus the fragility of most Hoshidans starts to become glaringly obvious, the chapter has a nasty gimmick).

Also of note: the Paralogues start exclusively using promoted enemies after chapter 18. Shiro's in particular can be awful to do late, and ditto for Selkie's.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

How does reclassing work for 2nd generation Einherjar? Suppose I recruit a Rinkah!Selkie from someone's castle, will she be able to heartseal into an Oni Savage, or is she stuck in her base class tree?

(bump)

I was able to reclass some Corrins to their secondary classes and even to their friendship and marriage classes. I assume It would be the same for other units.

Edit: Just recruited a Rinkah!Selkie from my other playthrough and she is able to reclass to oni savage.

Edited by VeryAngryBisharp

Can someone help me understand seals?

For example, if I have a Mozu as a level 20 Villager and I want to get the skills from Spear Fighter. I buddy her with Oboro and use a buddy seal. I now have a level 20 Spear Fighter Mozu but none of the skills and nowhere to level. How do I get the skills? I'm so used to class hopping for skills like in Awakening, so I can't get my head around this new system.

Can someone help me understand seals?

For example, if I have a Mozu as a level 20 Villager and I want to get the skills from Spear Fighter. I buddy her with Oboro and use a buddy seal. I now have a level 20 Spear Fighter Mozu but none of the skills and nowhere to level. How do I get the skills? I'm so used to class hopping for skills like in Awakening, so I can't get my head around this new system.

You'll have to promote her to Spear Master/Basara, and as she levels up she'll learn the Spear Fighter skills. For example: Level 20 Spear Fighter Mozu (Aptitude, Underdog) -> Level 20/1 Spear Master (Aptitude, Underdog) -> Level 20/2 Spear Master (Aptitude, Underdog, Seal Defense) -> Level 20/3 Spear Master (Aptitude, Underdog, Seal Defense, Swap) -> Level 20/4 Spear Master (Aptutude, Underdog, Seal Defense, Swap) -> Level 20/5 Spear Master (Aptitude, Underdog, Seal Defense, Swap, Seal Speed) and so on.

I was able to reclass some Corrins to their secondary classes and even to their friendship and marriage classes. I assume It would be the same for other units.

Edit: Just recruited a Rinkah!Selkie from my other playthrough and she is able to reclass to oni savage.

Fantastic, thank you for the confirmation!

You'll have to promote her to Spear Master/Basara, and as she levels up she'll learn the Spear Fighter skills. For example: Level 20 Spear Fighter Mozu (Aptitude, Underdog) -> Level 20/1 Spear Master (Aptitude, Underdog) -> Level 20/2 Spear Master (Aptitude, Underdog, Seal Defense) -> Level 20/3 Spear Master (Aptitude, Underdog, Seal Defense, Swap) -> Level 20/4 Spear Master (Aptutude, Underdog, Seal Defense, Swap) -> Level 20/5 Spear Master (Aptitude, Underdog, Seal Defense, Swap, Seal Speed) and so on.

Thanks. So it's not possible to hoard skills in the same way as Awakening? Or, let's say I promote Villager to Master of Arms, then max out to 20 and Buddy Seal to Spear Fighter. Can I then promote again and keep doing that to gather the skills I need?

Thanks. So it's not possible to hoard skills in the same way as Awakening? Or, let's say I promote Villager to Master of Arms, then max out to 20 and Buddy Seal to Spear Fighter. Can I then promote again and keep doing that to gather the skills I need?

If you reclass you'll still be capped at level 20, but you can increase that cap by using an Eternal Seal. Those are very expensive, costing 12000 gold I believe, but with them it's essentially possible to hoard skills like in Awakening, if not as easy.

If you reclass you'll still be capped at level 20, but you can increase that cap by using an Eternal Seal. Those are very expensive, costing 12000 gold I believe, but with them it's essentially possible to hoard skills like in Awakening, if not as easy.

Pretty much this. It's better to reclass with heart/friendship/partner seals right after learning the skills you want if you're going for more skills, that way you can get to whatever end class you want for that character sooner.

Does Draconic Hex stack with seals and Shurikens?

Debuff stacking for the same stats? No, the largest debuffs take priority. The debuffs that do stack are from self-debuffs via usage of silver weapons and the like (ie. continued repeated usage of the silver lance can eventually knock both the user's STR and SKL all the way down to 0).

Edited by Roflolxp54