"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

Do Replicas trigger skills like Profiteer and Amaterasu?

If your unit has Amaterasu, then both the allies nearby the original unit and the Replica will be healed. I'm not sure for Profiteer, I think you cannot get 2 Gold Bars in a row, but each unit can proc it if the other one didn't, so basically you just double your chance of getting one Gold Bar.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your unit has Amaterasu, then both the allies nearby the original unit and the Replica will be healed. I'm not sure for Profiteer, I think you cannot get 2 Gold Bars in a row, but each unit can proc it if the other one didn't, so basically you just double your chance of getting one Gold Bar.

More importantly, if the original character triggers Profiteer, then the replica cannot in the same turn (and vice versa).

Also, Azura's copy cannot sing other units. Renewal will also trigger twice on the same unit (once from the original, and again from the Replica).

(bump)

Supports do not carry over from one file of regular action to one file of einherjar-induced action. Meaning I'm afraid your 2nd Gen einherjar is stuck on the base class tree, due to the fact that einherjars cannot support(but can still pair up) in your second file(meaning no ability to use friendship/buddy or partner seals, plus the fact that there's no alternate class sets, let alone a class set that's set to infinity(or a class set that covers all possible classes for his/her gender), in the einherjar unit's coding(unlike awakening), hence stuck on base class tree in a similar manner to prison recruits(FYI, prison recruits are captured enemies put in a prison then recruited by resources in the My Castle realm)...

Edited by shadowjam

Supports do not carry over from one file of regular action to one file of einherjar-induced action. Meaning I'm afraid your 2nd Gen einherjar is stuck on the base class tree, due to the fact that einherjars cannot support(but can still pair up) in your second file(meaning no ability to use friendship/buddy or partner seals, plus the fact that there's no alternate class sets, let alone a class set that's set to infinity(or a class set that covers all possible classes for his/her gender), in the einherjar unit's coding(unlike awakening), hence stuck on base class tree in a similar manner to prison recruits(FYI, prison recruits are captured enemies put in a prison then recruited by resources in the My Castle realm)...

Okay so even Heart Seals are out of the question, gotcha. Thank you for clearing this up.

Okay so even Heart Seals are out of the question, gotcha. Thank you for clearing this up.

oops!

I found an possible wrong answer on my part: I tested my game, disproved my own statement: Class sets are remembered, including DLC ones, but in order to retain friendship classes, it will have to already be in one upon logbook entry generation. My apologies...

Source

oops!

I found an possible wrong answer on my part: I tested my game, disproved my own statement: Class sets are remembered, including DLC ones, but in order to retain friendship classes, it will have to already be in one upon logbook entry generation. My apologies...

Source

AH! Okay perfect, this is goodgoodgood... This makes what I had in mind a lot more viable.

At some point in Rhajat's support with Caeldori, she makes mention of the phrase 'an Army of Rhajats'... lol

What scenarios are dark knights good for? What should they avoid? I'm trying to find a niche in my Conquest run for Leo and Odin. Should they even remain as dark knights? Is dark knight even a good class? It is so slow that every level I would end up picking Benny and Effie when I would initially consider Leo and Odin, since both my Benny and Effie at least have wary fighter.

What scenarios are dark knights good for? What should they avoid? I'm trying to find a niche in my Conquest run for Leo and Odin. Should they even remain as dark knights? Is dark knight even a good class? It is so slow that every level I would end up picking Benny and Effie when I would initially consider Leo and Odin, since both my Benny and Effie at least have wary fighter.

This is just me, but I kinda like Dark Knight for being tanky for a mage class.

What way do people recommend getting fates at this point? Missed the Special Edition hype, so really getting it online or one of the first 2 on cart are my options, and I can work with either, though I'll probably hope for sale.

And is the script considered to be terrible? I'm asking mostly because I can't find a good discussion of the way the game is written overall, not of specific moments and I'd rather avoid spoilers.

What way do people recommend getting fates at this point? Missed the Special Edition hype, so really getting it online or one of the first 2 on cart are my options, and I can work with either, though I'll probably hope for sale.

And is the script considered to be terrible? I'm asking mostly because I can't find a good discussion of the way the game is written overall, not of specific moments and I'd rather avoid spoilers.

The bottom line is this:

Birthright has the best story.

Conquest has the best gameplay.

Revelation has both the worst gameplay and the worst story.

Choose accordingly. :) I recommend starting with either Birthright or Conquest, depending on wether story or gameplay are more important to you, and getting another path if you want more. As for wether you'll get it online or on cartridge is up to you.

What are Soleil's and Ophelia's default promotion in Heirs of Fate VI? I gave them the master seal in V and didn't know that would affect them in VI.

Up to you. I personally prefer at least one cartridge and then the other two online for cheaper price.

From memory, I don't recall any big issues with the script itself. Just the plot. As far as translation and localisation goes it passes fine. I don't remember seeing any typos or anything grammatically incorrect. Unless you are asking about the prose, I don't have anything specific regarding that.

What are Soleil's and Ophelia's default promotion in Heirs of Fate VI? I gave them the master seal in V and didn't know that would affect them in VI.

Up to you. I personally prefer at least one cartridge and then the other two online for cheaper price.

From memory, I don't recall any big issues with the script itself. Just the plot. As far as translation and localisation goes it passes fine. I don't remember seeing any typos or anything grammatically incorrect. Unless you are asking about the prose, I don't have anything specific regarding that.

I'm pretty sure I didn't use my Seals and my Ophelia/Soleil were Sorcerer/Hero. sorta what you would expect

Hero and Sorcerer.

Speaking of Heirs of Fate V, if I replay it and use the Seals on two characters that I didn't use them on the previous run and clear it, the characters that I promoted in the first play would end up in their default classes in VI, right?

Is Conquest Odin worth using in any way whatsoever? I'm in chapter 23, I got him to consistently have 25+ crit rate and yet he never crits. Meanwhile Kaze does it casually at a modest 18%. I can't even level Odin up, because he can't ever get any kills, because he never crits. I always needed someone else to mop up for him, snatching the exp...

Okay so I have a question that may come across as kind of patronizing, but I'm just legitimately curious.

Why is there no 'eugenics' thread in the Fates subforum like there was for Awakening? I thought that was a pretty efficient way of letting people ask about their prospective pairings without having dozens of 'help with my pairings' threads strewn about all over the place.

Is Conquest Odin worth using in any way whatsoever? I'm in chapter 23, I got him to consistently have 25+ crit rate and yet he never crits. Meanwhile Kaze does it casually at a modest 18%. I can't even level Odin up, because he can't ever get any kills, because he never crits. I always needed someone else to mop up for him, snatching the exp...

After a few runs of Conquest, I feel fairly confident that saying Odin is pretty hit-and-miss. He CAN be good, but he needs a little bit of RNG-blessing with his level-ups in order to be. For instance, he was really bad for me in my first run, getting barely any magic OR strength in his levels, but on my second run he wound up really strong as a Samurai and then making a pretty good Dark Knight.

I'd say if he isn't working out for you, don't hesitate to ditch him. At the point you're at, he should already be good and if he's not, drop him.

Edited by BANRYU

I'd say if he isn't working out for you, don't hesitate to ditch him. At the point you're at, he should already be good and if he's not, drop him.

Thanks, I think I will leave him as pair up fodder and reset the chapter so others can get the exp then. Luckily he has replicate already so he can give +1 movement to Azura and someone else.

Is it just me, or does Ryoma never seem to get critical hits against the mystery dude in chapter 5?

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Is it just me, or does Ryoma never seem to get critical hits against the mystery dude in chapter 5?

It could be possible that Ryoma was hard-coded not to crit the hooded figure in that chapter, but I can't say for certain. I certainly haven't seen Ryoma use a critical hit there.

It could be possible that Ryoma was hard-coded not to crit the hooded figure in that chapter, but I can't say for certain. I certainly haven't seen Ryoma use a critical hit there.

Pretty sure that's the case, since I've never seen him crit either. I have seen differences in how the fight plays out though. Ryoma always loses eventually, but the number of times he hits seems to be variable.

Pretty sure that's the case, since I've never seen him crit either. I have seen differences in how the fight plays out though. Ryoma always loses eventually, but the number of times he hits seems to be variable.

I'm pretty sure that someone said they had seen him win once, it's just very unlikely.

Anyway, he's probably coded to never crit and always dodge the first enemy attack.

Do we know the exact formula for the stats given by the Offspring Seals ? We already have the formula for children's base stats, but not for Offspring Seals. I presume it must be something like Promotion gains + (N*Child's full growth rates) rounded down, but I'm not sure.

EDIT: This seems to work on Mozu!Selkie, but I'd like a confirmation.

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

Do Bond Units that are hacked to the Wolfssegner(?) and Nine-tails classes have the possibility to cause a Shadowban online?

Along those lines, can they inherit those classes from Avatars who have hacked their Heart Seal class, assuming that is possible?