"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

Do Bond Units that are hacked to the Wolfssegner(?) and Nine-tails classes have the possibility to cause a Shadowban online?

Along those lines, can they inherit those classes from Avatars who have hacked their Heart Seal class, assuming that is possible?

1. Yes. If this is true

^ If 1st gen cannot inherit wolfskin/ninetales in any way, shape or form(while 2nd gen can, but only if they are married to kaden/keaton, meaning kana can get it, but not Corrin) w/o risking getting a shadowban, then the same should apply to bond units: Shadowbanned if you try...

2. No, as that would break the restriction put on you that implies (you are not legitimately allowed to try to hack avatar talent for supporting to make wolfskin/ninetales possible partner/friend seal-induced class options for corrin, and due to that, the same should go to bond units, as they rely on both Corrins' stats and the random selection of the class the bond unit will start with(yours or your friend's?)...

^ I apologize if this is not on the main site. On the main site, I can't find anything regarding what classes are legal for characters and what is not, so if I posted a link that points outside of the forest, but missed the answer, and if it's on main site as well, can you help me point out where to find it?

Edited by shadowjam

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I try to create Bond units, will that prevent me from marrying any character with my Avatar?

It won't. It's not really a "child" (the game says "born from earth" if I remember well), you can get as many bond units as you want, and form Bond Units between same-gender Avatars, so you'll still be able to marry whoever you want.

What is the ineffective damage modifier? I know effective is x3 but is ineffective x1/3 or something?

If a weapon is used against units it's ineffective on, it's Mt and hit are reduced by 4 and 10.

In Chapter 6 Revelations, what combat messages do ya get if ya try to fight any of the 8 royals? It's not easy since once ya get into the attack range of them, yar very very likely to die and it's hard to get all 8 royal dialogues without dyin'.

In Chapter 6 Revelations, what combat messages do ya get if ya try to fight any of the 8 royals? It's not easy since once ya get into the attack range of them, yar very very likely to die and it's hard to get all 8 royal dialogues without dyin'.

I was able to find this: http://imgur.com/a/lK9nb

Do I have to buy all the parts to buy Part 6 of Heirs of Fate?

No, at least I don't think so.

Well, I guess this is the best place to place my venting post. If it should go elsewhere, then please have it moved Mr./Ms. Moderators. :)

Here goes.

In Fates Conquest, Hard/Classic mode, I'm in the chapter where I defeat Ryoma for the last time. I had just cleared the entire board of Hosdians; Ryoma was the only one remaining. I'm in a sporting/cocky mood, so I have Xander activate that dragon vein that transforms healing tiles into avoidance penalty tiles in the main chamber. My Corrin unit has swordbreaker, so I'm confident I will do well with the angry electric-sword wielding prince. And my expectations prove correct.

He tries to use astra, and me misses every single time. I then finish him off with Dragon Fang....I'm rather pleased with myself, except for one problem...

In a moment of carlessness, I lost Azura thx to ninja units with their cursed Spy weapons. In previous chapters, I lost Niles, Effie, and Charlotte. I was not in the mood to lose Azura. So, I decide to reset and try the chapter again.

I clear the board again. Again, it's just Ryoma and me. Again. I have Xander use the Dragon Vein, and again, Ryoma uses Astra....and He. Hits. Every. Single. Time.....

Resulting in a Game Over....I was completely shocked. My mouth was agape; I was stunned. Every hit had a 19% chance of hitting with a 5% critical rate. But against all odds, every single hit connects....

What Are The Odds?

In my first attempt, every astra hit missed, while in my second attempt, every hit connected. Astonishing....It took all my effort to refrain from tossing my 3ds across the room. After, I cooled off, I began to wonder...What I want to know is...

Is the Random Number Generator truly random? First time: 5 swings, all miss. Second time: 5 swings at 19%, all connect, under the exact same conditions.

Yes, I know I should have not used that Dragon Vein, but I was feeling overconfident, overconfidence that was confirmed by my first attempt.

Is the Random Number Generator truly random? Or does it have it 'moods"?

Earlier, my unit was k.o.ed by Scarlet with a 1% critical chance, and 25% hit. She criticaled....Granted, sometimes it has worked in my favor. Like defeating the final conquest boss...I was surrounded by enemy units, the only one left, I had no chance...I took one swing at the final boss with a 4% critical chance...Miracles of miracles, I get a Critical Dragon Fang and win.

It works in both ways, but is it truly random? Because today, it has fantastically gone against probability.

Is the Random Number Generator truly random? Or does it have it 'moods"?

It works in both ways, but is it truly random? Because today, it has fantastically gone against probability.

RNG in games are never truly random in the true sense anyways =P

more in line with what you're asking though, any decent RNG in any game are "random enough" and it's just a matter of how easily manipulable it is. unless ofc the numbers lie to you, which is the most important question to be asked in this case. ares Fates's %s lying to you? Hit RNG does seem to have changed and in a sense that is lying to you (as did TrueHit before it). but it's still somewhat similar. and assuming the RNG is proper, you probably had just really extreme luck. situations like that are still pretty uncommon if not outright rare.

if we aren't to simply assume the RNG is properly "random enough" then that's a whole different discussion. but from research people did on trying to figure out the new Hit RNG, it's probably safe to say it isn't broken. though if you want to be very very rigorous, you'd have to try the same scenario and do everything the same and see if the RNG was the same. that means starting up the game in the same amount of time, starting the game at the same time of day and date, etc.

there's also a 3rd possibility in that there's a different RNG for Hit during Skills but that'd be very odd, to say the least

Edited by GoXDS

Are you sure? I only see parts 1-5 but not six

It's entitled "End: Lost in the Waves." I just checked the eShop, and if yours is in the same order, it would be located on the bottom of the first page.

Do skills that boost hit (supportive, forceful partner and tactical advice in particular) boost the hit rate of offensive staves like freeze and entrap?

I don't think so. It's not really an attack, so Staves' accuracy is something like: User's(Mag+Skl) + Weapon Rank Bonus + Staff Hit Rate.

Weapon rank bonuses are:

E/D Rank: None

C Rank: Recovery +1

B Rank: Recovery +1, Hit Rate +5

A Rank: Recovery +2, Hit Rate +5

S Rank: Recovery +3, Hit Rate +10

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

I don't think so. It's not really an attack, so Staves' accuracy is something like: User's(Mag+Skl) + Weapon Rank Bonus + Staff Hit Rate.

Weapon rank bonuses are:

E/D Rank: None

C Rank: Recovery +1

B Rank: Recovery +1, Hit Rate +5

A Rank: Recovery +2, Hit Rate +5

S Rank: Recovery +3, Hit Rate +10

What's recovery?

So, if I use a Mend staff with an S-Rank user, I heal +3 HP with it? Seems like a rather negligible bonus to me.

To put it simply, it adds 3 to the amount that staff would normally heal (so if a Mend would normally heal for 30 HP, at S rank, it'd heal 33 hp).

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

No. It adds 3 to the amount that staff would normally heal (so if a Mend would normally heal for 30 HP, at S rank, it'd heal 33 hp).

note +3 rather than 3. and only someone having a really blank moment would think jumping from D Rank to C Rank drops the amount you heal down to 1-3.

note +3 rather than 3. and only someone having a really blank moment would think jumping from D Rank to C Rank drops the amount you heal down to 1-3.

That's what I was trying to get across, but by using an example to make it clearer.

Does Rally Spectrum stack with other rally skills that the unit has? I just visited a castle with a rallybot Laslow einherjar and it looked like only the Rally Spectrum skill was effective.

Yes. However, Rally Spectrum has a range of 4 spaces for whatever reason, whereas other rallies only have a 2 space range.

Are you sure? He was within two spaces.

Yes. The Rally command uses all rallies that the unit has at once (tapping the stats on the bottom screen shows all buffs and debuffs affecting them).