"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

I know this question is kind of silly, but I just want to make sure: Does demolishing the Fire Orb after recruiting Flora get rid of her?

Likewise, does demolishing character statues revert their stat caps back to normal?

no

yes. but like in Awakening, if you increase the stat cap again, the extra stat returns (assuming you were up to the cap)

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly, you can't pass down DLC/Amiibo(?) skills down to Bond Units, much like you can't pass down those skills to Child Units.

Alas...

I actually found out that the Bond Unit that gets Fiery Blood is female, so I can use her for the build, instead.

Thanks for letting me know, though!

So did the units recruitable from the Cipher TCG in Japan never become available in Western releases?

Of course not, seeing as Cipher is only released in Japan. It's not like many westerners are that familiar with Minerva, either, and Lucina already has the amiibo (I wish I could play as short-haired Lucina, though ;-;).

Is the Heirs of Fate DLC series affected by difficulty? I think it is, but I'm not sure.

I know Kaden in Heirs of Fate actually loses speed on Hard and Lunatic, so in extremely minor ways, it kind of does and doesn't.

Is the Heirs of Fate DLC series affected by difficulty? I think it is, but I'm not sure.

All fathers in Heirs of Fate 6 get their Level 15 skills added on higher difficulties.

Edit: Also, have some DLC class questions on Conquest:

-Should I keep Corrin on Great Lord or only get the class skills? My CQ Corrin has Str+, but I can't remember the bane.

-How good is Shura as a Ballistician?

Edited by Zero1000

Sorry for double posting, but I added questions on the previous post. Here are they, though (they are for Conquest):

-Should I keep Corrin on Great Lord or only get the class skills? My CQ Corrin has Str+, but I can't remember the bane.

Sorry for double posting, but I added questions on the previous post. Here are they, though (they are for Conquest):

Can't answer the second, but imho, the class skills for Great Lord generally aren't that great other than Aether.

For Xander, so that I can make him a faster unit, should I go from Swordmaster to Lodestar, or Lodestar to Swordmaster? (his pair-up unit/wife is a +Speed Avatar)

Or just don't make him a faster unit. He wasn't designed for that and has already everything he wants.

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

Or just don't make him a faster unit. He wasn't designed for that and has already everything he wants.

I've never understood that argument. Why shouldn't he double? Why would you leave enemies injured when you could ORKO them? Why would you prefer a low Spd stat to one that is high?

It can't be because of effort. Xander doubles relatively consistently with Speedwings+Charlotte+Rally Spd+tonics+Defender. Those resources are all easily accessible (Offspring-Seal Shigure to FK for Rally Spd). No Swordmaster or Lodestar re-class required unless you do PvP.

I've never understood that argument. Why shouldn't he double? Why would you leave enemies injured when you could ORKO them? Why would you prefer a low Spd stat to one that is high?

It can't be because of effort. Xander doubles relatively consistently with Speedwings+Charlotte+Rally Spd+tonics+Defender. Those resources are all easily accessible (Offspring-Seal Shigure to FK for Rally Spd). No Swordmaster or Lodestar re-class required unless you do PvP.

More or less for the same reasons that you would not count on Elise's Def and HP, or on Rinkah's strength, or Benny's speed because they weren't designed for this. People basically want to have a team of Ryoma's, with huge Attack and Speed to ORKO everything, so they end up with a team of 16 similar units. I prefer to strengthen my units' niches than losing time and tons of stat-booster, Pair-Up bots, etc and the result is much better IMO if you don't let the enemy use your weaknesses which is easy if you're efficient during your phase. I'd prefer a low Spd stat for higher growths in the stats that 'define' a character's gameplay. What I mean is that a unit can't be perfect for any situation (and that's true for anything too), but very effective on a single role. The only thing that you need to 'balance' IMO is your final team, because you can't have a team for each chapter unless you grind, so you must be prepared to face any situation.

In Xander's case, that's a lot of effort for a unit which is already great (and even beyond great) as he is, a powerful poking unit and more. You even lose one action per turn and Charlotte who's a formidable glass-cannon unit. Also, if Xander's meant to be played more offensively than a standard tank thanks to his skills, you may need to tank with him because of his massive damage output, and then he'll just ORKO everything, letting an opportunity for another unit to attack, and he won't last for a long time because it's Fates.

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

I agree with BOTE to an extent - it's not like I have to make Xander into Ryoma 2.0 for him to be good.

More or less for the same reasons that you would not count on Elise's Def and HP, or on Rinkah's strength, or Benny's speed because they weren't designed for this. People basically want to have a team of Ryoma's, with huge Attack and Speed to ORKO everything, so they end up with a team of 16 similar units. I prefer to strengthen my units' niches than losing time and tons of stat-booster, Pair-Up bots, etc and the result is much better IMO if you don't let the enemy use your weaknesses which is easy if you're efficient during your phase. What I mean is that a unit can't be perfect for any situation, but very effective on a single role. The only thing that you need to 'balance' IMO is your final team, because you can't have a team for each chapter unless you grind.

In Xander's case, that's a lot of effort for a unit which is already great (and even beyond great) as he is, a powerful poking unit and more. You even lose one action per turn and Charlotte who's a formidable glass-cannon unit. Also, if Xander's meant to be played more offensively than a standard tank thanks to his skills, you may need to tank with him, and then he'll just ORKO everything, letting an opportunity for another unit to attack, and he won't last for a long time because it's Fates.

As I see it, Charlotte's hardly what I'd call "formidable". And what's this about Rinkah not being designed to rely on her strength when her magic is even lower???

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

I agree with BOTE to an extent - it's not like I have to make Xander into Ryoma 2.0 for him to be good.

As I see it, Charlotte's hardly what I'd call "formidable". And what's this about Rinkah not being designed to rely on her strength when her magic is even lower???

Rinkah's quite an oddball... I meant that her Str is low and you cannot count on it because she's not meant to be played very offensively. The way I see her is rather a tank but especially an anti-lance unit. She has Weapon Triangle advantage, simple access to Lancebreaker and the ability to use a Pike-Ruin Club, so her Dmg will be high against Lancers (and there are a lot in Birthright) but low against others enemies. But if you let her tank, she will debuff enemies' Res that would attack her with Seal Res so she can use a Bolt Axe (got from a Berserker) on your turn. And because most ennemies with low Res aren't Mag-users, her Res should not be a problem.

Rinkah's quite an oddball... I meant that her Str is low and you cannot count on it because she's not meant to be played very offensively. The way I see her is rather a tank but especially an anti-lance unit. She has Weapon Triangle advantage, simple access to Lancebreaker and the ability to use a Pike-Ruin Club, so her Dmg will be high against Lancers (and there are a lot in Birthright) but low against others enemies. But if you let her tank, she will debuff enemies' Res that would attack her with Seal Res so she can use a Bolt Axe (got from a Berserker) on your turn. And because most ennemies with low Res aren't Mag-users, her Res should not be a problem.

eh, she's a bit tricky. her usefulness as a tank is a bit limited by her poor HP. she's also ok as a regular attacker if you're able to keep her personal active. for example, at 20/- Hana has 18.75 Str while Rinkah has 15.2. so, with her Personal, she's effectively 19.2 Str with a weapon that has higher Mt. other comparisons:

Saizo 18

Subaki 14

Silas 19

or at Lvl 20/10

Rinkah (Shura): 22.25 (26.25)

Hana (Swordmaster): 26.6

Subaki (Falcon Knight): 19.6

Saizo (Master Ninja): 24.95

Silas (Paladin): 26.8

More or less for the same reasons that you would not count on Elise's Def and HP, or on Rinkah's strength, or Benny's speed because they weren't designed for this.

Players have often ignored the intended roles or designs of units with great results. Eg.: Seth who is supposed to be your emergency button but is instead the main combat unit in any efficient run that doesn't outright ban him for being too game-breaking.

Or Seliph who is supposed to steadily grow throughout the game but can instead promote right after his join chapter and be very powerful.

I prefer to strengthen my units' niches than losing time and tons of stat-booster, Pair-Up bots, etc and the result is much better IMO if you don't let the enemy use your weaknesses which is easy if you're efficient during your phase.

Using the word "lose" in this context would mean that the stat-booster goes to waste, but that isn't the case in my opinion.

I can't think of another unit with 8 Mov, inherently powerful 1-2 range that 2HKOs most enemies (11 Might, 23 Str and +5 from skills most of the time) and high bulk (38 HP, 27 Def) that only needs a Speedwing to start ORKOing. Who would be a better recipient for the Speedwing in your opinion?

There’s also no time loss and the only Pair-up bot you need is Charlotte.

I'd prefer a low Spd stat for higher growths in the stats that 'define' a character's gameplay.

However, there is no important trade-off for making Xander fast. He has a lot of Str with Charlotte, even more than he usually would have, and his Def is so high that it can become disadvantageous to increase it further. Xander benefits from more Spd because it lets him ORKO. He doesn't benefit as much from more Defense since he can already tank well and might be ignored if it is increased.

In Xander's case, that's a lot of effort for a unit which is already great (and even beyond great) as he is, a powerful poking unit and more.

As mentioned before, the resources are all easily accessible; it takes no effort. I'll review the resources in greater detail:

1)Speedwing. There's one in C15, which players usually get. In terms of resource allocation, Xander is one of the best choices.

2)Charlotte pair-up.

3)Shigure with Rally Spd. His paralogue is easy and you would want to marry off Azura to someone anyway for two paralogues.

4)Tonics.

5)Defender.

You even lose one action per turn and Charlotte who's a formidable glass-cannon unit.

That's not much of a loss when you kill numerous enemies on EP. What's more is that Charlotte isn't a great unit, not bad but not great either. Her offense is largely overkill, other units can ORKO just fine as well while being able to at least tank somewhat.

Also, if Xander's meant to be played more offensively than a standard tank thanks to his skills, you may need to tank with him because of his massive damage output, and then he'll just ORKO everything, letting an opportunity for another unit to attack, and he won't last for a long time because it's Fates.

Firstly, this feels more like an argument against doubling itself since any unit that ORKOs opens up space for other units to follow-up and kill it. It's a fundamental draw-back to doubling as a mechanic. If we take this logic a step further, we could say that Xander should definitely double since he is one of the (physically) tankiest units in the game and is much more likely to get away with doubling on EP than other units.

Secondly, this argument assumes bad play. Nobody will throw any unit in a mob of enemies when the cumulative damage is lethal and can realistically occur (dodging).

Thirdly, stats aren't fixed in 3DS FE. Just don't give him Spd tonics/+Spd pair-up/Spd Rally and you're good to go.

Really, any argument in this discussion can be countered with this. A "fast" and a "slow" Xander aren't mutually exclusive because nearly all the speed comes from temporary boosts. You can remove those just as easily as you can apply them.

Edited by Cyas

Child’s Level 10 + N stats = Class base stats + [Child’s absolute base stats + (N x Child’s full growth rates);[...]

I can't figure out the childs base stats, beause I don't know what "N" stands for. Can someone explain it, please?

I can't figure out the childs base stats, beause I don't know what "N" stands for. Can someone explain it, please?

how many lvls past 10. eg. Lvl 20 is 10+N so N is 10. or if you were to recruit them at Lvl 15, N is 5, etc

I'm thinking of using Branch of Fate for a new playthrough and I want to confirm that what I found is indeed correct:

-Branch of Fates allows you to completely re-customize your Avatar, including the talent

-allows you to change your boon and bane

-whatever stats the Avatar had in the most recent file prior to selecting the Branch of Fate option will be the stats of the new Avatar created

Does the stat remaining unchanged property also apply to Felicia/Jakob if you play as the same gender?

So both Effie and Benny are at Lv.20 and I have two master seals. I will promote Effie to General, but to what promotion Benny works the best? Or should I bench him and use the seal for someone else?

So both Effie and Benny are at Lv.20 and I have two master seals. I will promote Effie to General, but to what promotion Benny works the best? Or should I bench him and use the seal for someone else?

Benny's better off as a General.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Benny needs Wary Fighter. If you really want the Great Knight, you could Change Benny to it after he got Wary Fighter.

Do children learn the base class skills when they change in a class that has two base classes? E.g. I change Charlotte-Soleil to Hero. Does she learn Hp+5 and Gamble? Or Selena-Nina: Does she learn Good Fortune and Strong Riposte when she is promotes to Bow Knight? Or does she learn it when she first promotes to Adventurer and then to Bow Knight? Or is Effie-Siegbert able to learn the Knight skills when he goes Great Knight?

Benny needs Wary Fighter. If you really want the Great Knight, you could Change Benny to it after he got Wary Fighter.

Do children learn the base class skills when they change in a class that has two base classes? E.g. I change Charlotte-Soleil to Hero. Does she learn Hp+5 and Gamble? Or Selena-Nina: Does she learn Good Fortune and Strong Riposte when she is promotes to Bow Knight? Or does she learn it when she first promotes to Adventurer and then to Bow Knight? Or is Effie-Siegbert able to learn the Knight skills when he goes Great Knight?

yes @ Soleil. for Nina, she won't learn while she's a Adventurer, but as always, when Bow Knight she'll learn lower tier skills first

no matter the situation, learn lower lvl skills first from all possible lower tiers, then current tier