"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

OK, so one question. I finished the campaign (Birthright, if that's relevant). Then after the credits, it asked me to pick a team of five, and after that it saved and that was that. The game went to the menu. So what was that for? It didn't save a file over anything, so what is it?

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, so one question. I finished the campaign (Birthright, if that's relevant). Then after the credits, it asked me to pick a team of five, and after that it saved and that was that. The game went to the menu. So what was that for? It didn't save a file over anything, so what is it?

That was for the Logbook.

It stores those 5 characters in your logbook so you can:

1.) Pay gold to recruit Einherjar versions of them on other playthroughs (even in the opposite route). They will have no supports and will be treated as generics, but they'll keep all stats, levels, and equipped skills that they had on them at the time.

2.) Use them to buy skills from the logbook for the actual version of the same unit on another playthrough or route. Example: On one file, you have Kagero marry Ryoma and she learns Swordfaire when you reclass her to Swordmaster. You equip Swordfaire to Kagero, then beat the game and save her in the logbook. Now you can take any of your Kageros in any future file (Birthright or Revelation, she's not playable in Conquest) and buy Swordfaire for her from your logbook version of Kagero without her having to marry someone to reclass into Swordmaster first.

• 2 weeks later...

does anyone know if the skills have to be equipped on a character for the end of the game for them to become buyable on the logbook?

From what I saw from a logbook Azura I have, it appears that all the skills that they had in their skill pool by the end game can be buyable off the logbook unit, not just the ones they're equipped with.

I want to know a few things about the pricing schemes of the Heirs of Fate chapters in three particular countries, so I can put accurate information into the wiki articles I'm about to scratchpad (and, in the case of the last one, improve an already-existing page). The price example will go into an included template (example).

In Japan: I've seen conflicting information about whether the Heirs of Fate maps are even available for separate purchase. The wiki's page about the Fates DLC model as a whole implies they are buyable separately at 300 yen apiece, but the Serenes page on the Japanese release schedule implies they are not buyable separately and only buyable as a 1500 yen six-map bundle. I want to know which is correct, so as not to include any inaccurate information about whether or not they can be bought separately (an example of how it'll be handled in case the "they're not buyable separately" outcome is true).

In Australia and New Zealand: Just what are the prices for the Heirs of Fate maps and for Map Pack 2 as a whole? Normally I'd just plug the numbers as I'd see them on the Australian official website...but if the Australian official website had this information, I wouldn't be making this part of the query (and the pages on Serenes concerning DLC schedules for both Awakening and Fates have never included Australia and New Zealand info). Of particular interest is the price for the first map, I: In Endless Dreams; as there's no precedent to guess the price based on any other price trend (the other five Heirs of Fate maps could be guessed to be AUS$2.60 and NZ$3.40 based on pricing schemes in other regions, since the other five Heirs of Fate maps have prices in other regions matching that of the Japanese second series; meanwhile, Another Gift from Anna has its wiki page list question marks for the Map Pack 2 price in the AUS and NZ regions due to this missing information, but one can easily assume that chapter is free in those regions since it was free everywhere else). If anyone can help me fill in these prices, I would gladly appreciate it...

Does anyone know what the name of the track is that first starts playing during Camilla's cutscene in Birthright ch. 13 and later during Leo's cutscene or if the track even exists?

Edited by JAB1000

Does anyone know what the name of the track is that first starts playing during Camilla's cutscene in Birthright ch. 13 and later during Leo's cutscene or if the track even exists?

I did some digging through the OST and I believe the tracks you're searching for are Homesick (Dark) that plays during Camilla's Cutscene and The Dim Abyss that plays during Leo's cutscene.

[spoiler=Homesick (Dark)]

[spoiler=The Dim Abyss]

Edited by Masterthunderblade

I want to know a few things about the pricing schemes of the Heirs of Fate chapters in three particular countries, so I can put accurate information into the wiki articles I'm about to scratchpad (and, in the case of the last one, improve an already-existing page). The price example will go into an included template (example).

In Japan: I've seen conflicting information about whether the Heirs of Fate maps are even available for separate purchase. The wiki's page about the Fates DLC model as a whole implies they are buyable separately at 300 yen apiece, but the Serenes page on the Japanese release schedule implies they are not buyable separately and only buyable as a 1500 yen six-map bundle. I want to know which is correct, so as not to include any inaccurate information about whether or not they can be bought separately (an example of how it'll be handled in case the "they're not buyable separately" outcome is true).

In Australia and New Zealand: Just what are the prices for the Heirs of Fate maps and for Map Pack 2 as a whole? Normally I'd just plug the numbers as I'd see them on the Australian official website...but if the Australian official website had this information, I wouldn't be making this part of the query (and the pages on Serenes concerning DLC schedules for both Awakening and Fates have never included Australia and New Zealand info). Of particular interest is the price for the first map, I: In Endless Dreams; as there's no precedent to guess the price based on any other price trend (the other five Heirs of Fate maps could be guessed to be AUS$2.60 and NZ$3.40 based on pricing schemes in other regions, since the other five Heirs of Fate maps have prices in other regions matching that of the Japanese second series; meanwhile, Another Gift from Anna has its wiki page list question marks for the Map Pack 2 price in the AUS and NZ regions due to this missing information, but one can easily assume that chapter is free in those regions since it was free everywhere else). If anyone can help me fill in these prices, I would gladly appreciate it...

[spoiler=Old findings]I found the following article on the Australian Nintendo website: https://www.nintendo.com.au/expand-your-game-even-further-with-map-pack-2

Purchase Map Pack 2 in-game at Dragon's Gate for a discounted price of AU$10.40 / NZ$13.60, a 23% saving when compared to separate map purchases.

When taking the reduction of the map pack into account, you can easily calculate the original prices of the separate maps as...

For Australia: (AU$10.40 + (10.40*0.23))/6 = (AU$12.792)/6 = AU$2.132 rounded to 2 decimals this gives AU$2.13

For New Zealand: (NZ$13.60 + (13.60*0.23))/6 = (NZ$16.728) = NZ$2.788 rounded to 2 decimals this gives NZ$2.79

Of course when doing this, we have to presume that the reduction is exactly 23 percent and that all maps are priced equally, which most likely isn't the case...

But at the very least we now know the prices of the full Map Pack ;)

Edit: I asked around on reddit as well and got the folowing reaction:

Fire Emblem: Fates

What are the prices for the Heirs of Fate maps and the complete Map Pack 2 as a whole in Australia and New Zealand?

If anyone could provide screenshots as well, it would be greatly appreciated!

Here are the Australian prices. I believe there's a sale right now, so these prices will probably increase in a week or two.

I: In Endless Dreams - $0.45

II: Realms Collide - $1.80

III: The Changing Tide - $1.80

IV: Light's Sacrifice - $1.80

V Endless Dawn - $1.80

End: lost in the Waves - $1.80

Map Pack 2 - $7.25

Contributed by reddit user: ArchGrimdarch

Due to the sale, the prices are a lot less (-30%) than those culculated above, who completely missed their mark because the maps aren't priced equally!

If we would calculate these full prices again we would get the following (if we presume that the prices are rounded to a multiple of five cents, which seems to be the case)

I: In Endless Dreams - AU$0.45 + (0.45*0.30) = AU$0.585 => AU$0.60 full price

II: Realms Collide - AU$1.80 + (1.80*0.30) = AU$2.34 => AU$2.35 full price

III: The Changing Tide - AU$1.80 + (1.80*0.30) = AU$2.34 => AU$2.35 full price

IV: Light's Sacrifice - AU$1.80 + (1.80*0.30) = AU$2.34 => AU$2.35 full price

V Endless Dawn - AU$1.80 + (1.80*0.30) = AU$2.34 => AU$2.35 full price

End: lost in the Waves - AU$1.80 + (1.80*0.30) = AU$2.34 => AU$2.35 full price

Map Pack 2 - As stated on the website of Nintendo AU/NZ is AU$10.40 full price

Edit: Since I own a second PAL region 3DS without a registered Nintendo Network ID, I made some throwaway ID's to check the Australian and New Zealand Dragon's Gate myself and made some pictures...

Keep in mind that there is a sale going on in the PAL Regions at the moment... So the prices are reduced with about 30%. If you want to, I could check again after the sale ends...

Australia:

lJWbyG8l.jpgvdzDlrnl.jpg

New Zealand:

4nQmwXel.jpgow2vAfFl.jpg

Edited by Masterthunderblade

How does internal level work with early promotion? Does it make you gain exp fast for your level like Camilla and Leo, or are you suddenly leveling like somebody who took all of the levels to 20 normally? I'm trying to gauge whether an early promotion for a throwaway character would be worth it to get some good skills on their superior kid.

Edited by Alastor15243

How does internal level work with early promotion? Does it make you gain exp fast for your level like Camilla and Leo, or are you suddenly leveling like somebody who took all of the levels to 20 normally? I'm trying to gauge whether an early promotion for a throwaway character would be worth it to get some good skills on their superior kid.

Tier 2 Internal Lvl = (10 + x/2) + Visual lvl, where X is promotion lvl. so Felicia1 and Jakob 1 are 0/1 and hence have tier 1 exp. Camilla is 10/1 so she acts as if Tier 1 Lvl 16. a 20/1 would gain exp like a Lvl 21 Dread Fighter

Edited by GoXDS

Tier 2 Internal Lvl = (10 + x/2) + Visual lvl, where X is promotion lvl. so Felicia1 and Jakob 1 are 0/1 and hence have tier 1 exp. Camilla is 10/1 so she acts as if Tier 1 Lvl 16. a 20/1 would gain exp like a Lvl 21 Dread Fighter

Thanks! So would they a 10/1 stay viable until they cap out, or would the 5 level experience penalty relative to their stats leave them suffering before they could get any level 15 skills? Would even level 5 promoted skills be pushing it?

Edited by Alastor15243

Thanks! So would they a 10/1 stay viable until they cap out, or would the 5 level experience penalty relative to their stats leave them suffering before they could get any level 15 skills? Would even level 5 promoted skills be pushing it?

for general units, it's unnecessary and maybe ill-advised (mostly in Conquest where you're more likely to cap). even at Lvl 10/1, that's a 6 lvl jump so unless that unit was underlvled, you're basically not getting exp with them for 2-3 chapters.

for underlvled units or units that seriously need a boost (like Benny w/ Wary Fighter), then it's ok. some people promote healers early so they can do weapon ranks earlier. not a major difference overall

you mentioned that they're throwaway units, ie. being replaced and benched, right? then the other thing to consider is the children's base stats. a 10/5 would've lvled less than a 20/5 and thus pass on a smaller base stat inheritance though that's at most 1 pt in a stat maybe.

whether it's worth early promotion is a bit fuzzy for Lvl 5 skills. if you're going 10/5, you'll take away less exp from other units and will be stronger during use. could recruit the child earlier that way, too. Lvl 15 is is kinda late imo. if I didn't want to use a unit, I'd just switch sooner rather than later. in Birthright, 20/15 is already mid-late 20s (Chapter) while Conquest is mid 20s

iono, haven't invested enough playtime into Fates (nor have I ever early-promoted) to give a more educated response so your decision is just as good as mine

I did some digging through the OST and I believe the tracks you're searching for are Homesick (Dark) that plays during Camilla's Cutscene and The Dim Abyss that plays during Leo's cutscene.

[spoiler=Homesick (Dark)]

[spoiler=The Dim Abyss]

YES!!! Thank you so much! Homesick (Dark) is what I've been looking for for so long.

Could someone explain me quickly how FEFTS works ? I followed the tutorial in the Reference guide, but nothing seems to be working... I wanted to try a simple one-person conversation with Peri laughing and saying "I'm feeling stabby!", but I just get that :

n9rgqai.png

The code I used is the following : "$t1$Wmゼロ|3$w0|$Wa$Eやけくそ,|I'm feeling stabby!". Even when I try to use the code that is supposed to work given in the tutorial I get an error.

Also, when I try to open "Portrait Generator", I get an error message.

Maybe I have to modify the FileListAbsolute File with the location in my computer. Because he's supposed to search in "C:\Users\robot\"... that doesn't exist because it wasn't dropped here (I'm not even robot). But then there may be a ton of files like that to modify, I don't know which ones and I can't open all of them one after another.

EDIT: I finally managed to get the name quite correctly (I mean, a name, not the good one), but the portrait doesn't show up. It's kinda weird because the base conversation between Selkie and Chrom made by the author works.

EDIT2 : Finally !

dEBNS55.png

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

Are children stats and skills inherited calculated only after you actually enter the paralogue like in Awakening? Or are they calculated the moment you achieve the S support conversation of the parents?

Units reclassed are supposed to get the new class's past skills every time they level up, but what if they are already max level?

Are children stats and skills inherited calculated only after you actually enter the paralogue like in Awakening? Or are they calculated the moment you achieve the S support conversation of the parents?

Units reclassed are supposed to get the new class's past skills every time they level up, but what if they are already max level?

They're determined once you enter the paralogue.

They're SOL unless you give them an Enternal Seal.

Thanks a lot!

I don't understand very well how reclassing works for classes with no promotions, and I don't have a Second Seal to experiment with. My Jakob is a level 14 Butler and I want to reclass him to Cavalier at level 15, when I use the seal what class and level is he going to be at? Level 15 Cavalier? Level 15 Paladin? What will the new cap be considering Butler doesn't cap at 20?

What I'm trying to do is to reclass Jakob as a mounted-unit, get all the skills and class back to Butler, and I'm afraid that if it turns out reclassing as a lv 15 Butler means becoming a lv 15 Paladin I'll only have 5 levels to learn all the skills, which would mean stop using Jakob altogether until I can reclass him.

Sometimes the skills are determined after the paralogue. My Kana inherited another skill, because his father learned a new one in his paralogue. Don't know how it works with Nina and Percy, but Shigure gets his skills after the paralogue as well.

Sometimes the skills are determined after the paralogue. My Kana inherited another skill, because his father learned a new one in his paralogue. Don't know how it works with Nina and Percy, but Shigure gets his skills after the paralogue as well.

Oh yeah, that's a thing too. I think with Kana it's because Dragon!Kana and normal Kana are considered two separate units, and with Shigure, since he doesn't appear until after the chapter, his parameters are determined after the chapter. I'm not sure about Nina and Percy, and I don't have a file atm to check.