"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but its related to Fates, so why not.

Is it possible to add Ambiio characters via powersave? Or is there some hack to put them in via homebrew?

I want to recruit Marth and Lucina, but my gamestop never seem to have them.

Would you suggest making Niles a Bow Knight or Adventurer on Conquest? 

HP STR MAG SKL SPD LCK DEF RES 

28 15 8 16 24 11 11 22

I heard BK is generally considered better, but Adventurer means saving a spot that would otherwise go to a healerbot. Plus, I could wreck stuff with Shining Bow. But I'm worried his low SKL might suffer in the long run.

EDIT keep in mind he marries Mozu so he can also reclass to Sniper later down the road. I don't know if her daughter's mag will be good enough to make her an Adventurer

Edited by cloudropis

6 hours ago, Chopstixzz said:

How do I get "Live to Serve" on my MU? 

I'm level 9 butler through Jakob and the wiki says it should unlock at 5.

Skills are not learned upon automatic reclass, but rather, gradually. At what level did you reclass your avatar? Whatever it was, you learn Res+2 upon the next level up and Gentilhomme the level after that. You should have Live to Serve one level after you learn Gentilhomme, but if you are impatient, you can try requesting Live to Serve in the skill request thread.

20 hours ago, Loocarioh said:

Yup! Male units can only get Warp by using the Warp Scroll.

Thanks! Finally got the scroll. Didn't realize the witch didn't appear until a later turn.

Anyway, I've put it on my MU to give it to a friend through my castle. He can see it, but not BUY it.
Is this because he's not 35 yet? Or isn't it possible at all?

On 2/4/2017 at 0:33 PM, cloudropis said:

Would you suggest making Niles a Bow Knight or Adventurer on Conquest? 

HP STR MAG SKL SPD LCK DEF RES 

28 15 8 16 24 11 11 22

I heard BK is generally considered better, but Adventurer means saving a spot that would otherwise go to a healerbot. Plus, I could wreck stuff with Shining Bow. But I'm worried his low SKL might suffer in the long run.

EDIT keep in mind he marries Mozu so he can also reclass to Sniper later down the road. I don't know if her daughter's mag will be good enough to make her an Adventurer

Bow Knight is better for Niles. Even with Mozu as the mom, Nina's magic will be fine as an Adventurer. 

1 hour ago, Chelone said:

Thanks! Finally got the scroll. Didn't realize the witch didn't appear until a later turn.

Anyway, I've put it on my MU to give it to a friend through my castle. He can see it, but not BUY it.
Is this because he's not 35 yet? Or isn't it possible at all?

DLC skills cannot be bought.

Probably a bit of an odd question this:

My plan is to reclass Kiragi into Ballistician when I recruit him. From what I understand, since he's a level 20 Archer right now, he'd be level 20 if I were to use the Sighting Lens on him straight away, and level 22 if I were to reclass him to Sniper first using the Offspring Seal. Would there be any other differences between using the 2 methods? I know there's no real benefit in keeping the Offspring Seal, btw, I'm just curious.

Thanks!
Edited by Logician

14 minutes ago, Logician said:
Probably a bit of an odd question this:

My plan is to reclass Kiragi into Ballistician when I recruit him. From what I understand, since he's a level 20 Archer right now, he'd be level 20 if I were to use the Sighting Lens on him straight away, and level 22 if I were to reclass him to Sniper first using the Offspring Seal. Would there be any other differences between using the 2 methods? I know there's no real benefit in keeping the Offspring Seal, btw, I'm just curious.

Thanks!

Well there's a small chance that if you choose to use the Sighting Lens first he'll grow better levels than if you promote with the Offspring Seal (not that it changes his growths but the Offspring Seal uses a set amount of stat gains on top of normal promotion gains), but the difference is so negligible (not to mention the chance is much lower to get a good level like the Seal will usually give) that I doubt there's much reason to do it, other than for the sake of experimentation. 

Edited by YouSquiddinMe

On 9-2-2017 at 4:46 PM, YouSquiddinMe said:

Well there's a small chance that if you choose to use the Sighting Lens first he'll grow better levels than if you promote with the Offspring Seal, but the difference is so negligible (not to mention the chance is much lower to get a good level like the Seal will usually give) that I doubt there's much reason to do it, other than for the sake of experimentation. 

Okay, so just to be clear; it would make more sense to use both the Offspring Seal and the Sighting Lens, correct?

Edited by Logician

Haven't played for a while, Heroes made me want to pick this back up again, should be a simple question but all my search queries are filled up with nonsense,

In Fates, can I hit-farm weapons proficiency on a healing boss that I deal 1 damage to?

I can't tell whether my exp gain is negligible or nil.

8 hours ago, Ginkgo said:

Haven't played for a while, Heroes made me want to pick this back up again, should be a simple question but all my search queries are filled up with nonsense,

In Fates, can I hit-farm weapons proficiency on a healing boss that I deal 1 damage to?

I can't tell whether my exp gain is negligible or nil.

Yeah, you can. Weapon ranks take a very long time to grind up in Fates compared to previous games, though.

On February 13, 2017 at 8:53 PM, Bandido Banderas said:

Is it possible to use Entrap on Xander in Birthright Chapter 26?

If his movement isn't displayed as -, then maybe.

On 2/13/2017 at 9:53 PM, Bandido Banderas said:

Is it possible to use Entrap on Xander in Birthright Chapter 26?

What Levant said. If he has movement (which iirc and according to the wiki I looked at he does) he can be entrapped. 

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Will Xander attack anyone other than Ryoma in Birthright chapter 6?

If I remember correctly, he will - unlike Ryoma who only attacks Xander in CQ 6. 

I could be wrong though as it has been a few weeks since I played that chapter last.