"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

I'm kind of at a loss on how to build Velouria and Selkie as physical attackers in their respective beast forms. This doesn't look like it deserves a thread on its own.

I want to use MyCastle so limit on the skills besides: legit and no DLC skills.

I'm not necessarily looking for a super detailed answer but more like a line of thought or a general idea I could explore further (I read breakers are good on them!?).

Thanks in advance and sorry if this is the wrong place to post it.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi! I was wondering if someone could give me some hints on how to maximize experience for Corrin on Birthright's Chapter 6 map on Lunatic. I have a +Mag/-Luk F!Corrin. My understanding is that I can allow Ryoma/Takumi to fall in battle and not be penalized for it later. My main issue is trying to clean up the two generics on my side of the bridge while not letting Leo and the Cavalier on the bridge itself blow up some of my units. Other playthroughs I've seen seem to generally shoot for a 1-turn win, but I'm okay with taking my time. That said, any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

1 hour ago, LiterallyAPegasus said:

Hi! I was wondering if someone could give me some hints on how to maximize experience for Corrin on Birthright's Chapter 6 map on Lunatic. I have a +Mag/-Luk F!Corrin. My understanding is that I can allow Ryoma/Takumi to fall in battle and not be penalized for it later. My main issue is trying to clean up the two generics on my side of the bridge while not letting Leo and the Cavalier on the bridge itself blow up some of my units. Other playthroughs I've seen seem to generally shoot for a 1-turn win, but I'm okay with taking my time. That said, any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I think Hinoka can also be sacrificed in that map without repercussions.

Being able to do this sort of depends on how you've leveled your units.  One way I've dealt with turn one:

- Pair-up Rinkah with Kaze

- Have Kaze strike the enemy fighter from the northeast tile (top-right)

- Use Corrin to kill the fighter fom the east tile (right)

- Have Azura refresh Corrin from the east tile (she'll be just out of range from Leo, but will be attacked by the outlaw if you can't manage to kill him)

- Have Sakura pair-up with Hinoka, and send the later to chip damage on the outlaw from the east tile

- Use Corrin to kill the outlaw from the south tile (optional pair-up with Jakob for extra Res to counter Camilla's attack)

- Place Takumi as far south as possible; he will most likely die, but he'll have at least baited both Leo and the cavalier, and besides you don't really want to use him anyway if you want a lot of experience

- Put Ryoma wherever; don't have him attack anyone obviously, but you will want to think about where you want to bait Xander

Though a caveat with this strategy is that I have a strong tendency to use Corrin and Kaze a lot, which means they're typically higher levels than everyone else.  I also tend to ignore using Rinkah as anything beyond a pair-up bot, but tbf she's build more like a tank than a damage dealer, and thus works better as a pair-up bot.

On 2/20/2018 at 12:36 PM, Freezerburn said:

Hi! 

I just want to know: Can I hack FE14 to make my MU a wolfskin?

I know it's been a week since you've posted this question, but while I'm here I may as well attempt to answer it.

Not too long ago someone was gloating about hacking their game so that Kaze was a Feral Dragon, a class which is obviously impossible to make playable outside of Ch 6 without hacks.

I've never hacked Fates myself, but as someone who has hacked/modded other games, I'll tell you this: look for either save editors or native trainers for FE Fates.  You'll probably find one or the other with a quick Google search.  Though as a formality for recommending such a practice, I must also advise caution doing this, as there can be viruses abound.  If you can, only look at stuff from official hacking communities such as GBAtemp.

Gonna ask this question just to see if anyone knows off the top of their head: so if I make Hayato gain an A+ support rank with Kaden, would the FS class for the former be dark mage?  I have read the Serenes Forest guides on this stuff, but I just wanted to make sure.

15 hours ago, Dean said:

Hayato gets Apothecary from Kaden.

Oh yeah, I just looked at the parallel class list...  How odd that both beast classes give bow-using classes.

And here I almost thought there'd be a way to give someone in Birthright access to the dark mage class without marriage to Corrin.  At least it saves me the trouble of building up their supports.

Who is the best unit for the fell brand (The Grandmaster class) I’ve been wondering this for awhile and I would like someone to use the fell brand on, I’m playing on revelations so any character will do.

Edited by HeyThatsMyCookie

15 minutes ago, HeyThatsMyCookie said:

Who is the best unit for the fell brand (The Grandmaster class) I’ve been wondering this for awhile and I would like someone to use the fell brand on, I’m playing on revelations so any character will do.

I always slap that sucker on Leo.  Though it's ideal for a unit you plan to have supporting others.  Or a unit with high Skill to proc Ignis more often.  And obviously either good magic or strength; maybe both.

Odin might not be a bad choice since he can go Dark Mage > Samurai > Grandmaster and have a bunch of useful skills for that class along with boosted weapon ranks from taking on the other classes.  Saizo and Asugi are also surprisingly excellent choices if you care more about the raw stats than the unit starting with higher weapon ranks, as both will get reasonably high strength, magic, and skill stats.  Though they both can be samurai and acquired fairly early on, so they can at least build sword rank while obtaining useful skills at the expense of their magic growth.

33 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

I always slap that sucker on Leo.  Though it's ideal for a unit you plan to have supporting others.  Or a unit with high Skill to proc Ignis more often.  And obviously either good magic or strength; maybe both.

Odin might not be a bad choice since he can go Dark Mage > Samurai > Grandmaster and have a bunch of useful skills for that class along with boosted weapon ranks from taking on the other classes.  Saizo and Asugi are also surprisingly excellent choices if you care more about the raw stats than the unit starting with higher weapon ranks, as both will get reasonably high strength, magic, and skill stats.  Though they both can be samurai and acquired fairly early on, so they can at least build sword rank while obtaining useful skills at the expense of their magic growth.

Thanks! I’ll have to decide between Leo and Odin then, this’ll be a difficult choice lol.

17 minutes ago, HeyThatsMyCookie said:

Thanks! I’ll have to decide between Leo and Odin then, this’ll be a difficult choice lol.

I'm gonna warn you - Odin will have a really bad start. And he and Leo won't come until chapter 17, which you must tackle right after chapter 16 with no chance to save.

10 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I'm gonna warn you - Odin will have a really bad start. And he and Leo won't come until chapter 17, which you must tackle right after chapter 16 with no chance to save.

I have already beat revelations, I’m just training a bunch of units lol

Edited by HeyThatsMyCookie

9 minutes ago, HeyThatsMyCookie said:

I have already beat revelations, I’m just training a bunch of units lol

I thought you were on a new run - I generally see no reason to keep playing after beating a file.

1 hour ago, HeyThatsMyCookie said:

Best midori class? Her mother is Mozu.

Generally speaking, I think she's always best as a bow-wielding class.  Alternatively, make her a Master Ninja.  And ideally you'll give her one or two luck-based activation skills to capitalize on her personal.

She'll probably gain Villager skills if she promotes into Merchant.  And as such, she may also have access to Master of Arms, which could give her some good skills.  You get her both Life and Death and Profiteer + Spendthrift, and she'll have a massive damage output (+20 on top of her normal attack power) with the "bonus damage received" from Life and Death negated whenever you use a gold bar.  With her personal, she'll be getting a gold bar probably every other turn as well, so she'll almost always have a gold bar on her.

Alternatively, you could get her a bunch of "seal stat" skills, hand her Setsuna's Yumi, and watch your enemies' stats just plummet.  And as a Mechanist, she can double-down on those stat debuffs with shurikens/knives, basically turning your enemies into hostile jellies.

39 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Generally speaking, I think she's always best as a bow-wielding class.  Alternatively, make her a Master Ninja.  And ideally you'll give her one or two luck-based activation skills to capitalize on her personal.

She'll probably gain Villager skills if she promotes into Merchant.  And as such, she may also have access to Master of Arms, which could give her some good skills.  You get her both Life and Death and Profiteer + Spendthrift, and she'll have a massive damage output (+20 on top of her normal attack power) with the "bonus damage received" from Life and Death negated whenever you use a gold bar.  With her personal, she'll be getting a gold bar probably every other turn as well, so she'll almost always have a gold bar on her.

Alternatively, you could get her a bunch of "seal stat" skills, hand her Setsuna's Yumi, and watch your enemies' stats just plummet.  And as a Mechanist, she can double-down on those stat debuffs with shurikens/knives, basically turning your enemies into hostile jellies.

Thanks so much!

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Linorn said:

Need a basara for rend heaven + nohrian trust combo. Should I use Orochi or Hayato as a bot?

Which game? If you're using Nohrian Trust that leads me to believe you're playing Revelations, in which case Hayato's the stronger character.

Well my biggest question right now is how come I can only put 5 characters for my Defense Team now as opposed to before when I could put 10 up. Is it a glitch or is there something I'm missing here?

Also as a side question I also could use some advice on marriage support, which I'll leave information about in a spoiler below.

Spoiler

This is on the topic of marriage, and I can't figure out who to pair-up whom with after the choices I've made so far. And the choices I've made so far are these:

- Kiragi - Takumi + Setsuna
- Soleil - Laslow + Hana
- Caledori - Subaki + Selena (gulp)
- Selkie - Kaden + Oboro ( I think this was a good call?)
- Rhajat - Hayato + Nyx
- Forrest - Leo + Felicia (I think this is okay? Maybe Orochi would've been the better call... sigh)
- Ophelia - Odin + Elise (of course)
- Siegbert - Xander + Charlotte
- Shiro - Ryoma + Camilla
- Midori - Kaze + Mozu

Now I'm left with some rather complicated decisions that I'm not sure about. Such as who will Orochi eventually have to go to (and I don't want to be Saizo, god no.).

I have to decide for these now:

And everything I put got deleted past this point. Dammit. 

Well I need suggestions for my indecisive mind still for the rest the children. So any advice would be appreciated.

Edited by Ae†her

7 hours ago, Ae†her said:

Well my biggest question right now is how come I can only put 5 characters for my Defense Team now as opposed to before when I could put 10 up. Is it a glitch or is there something I'm missing here?

Also as a side question I also could use some advice on marriage support, which I'll leave information about in a spoiler below.

Hide contents

This is on the topic of marriage, and I can't figure out who to pair-up whom with after the choices I've made so far. And the choices I've made so far are these:

- Kiragi - Takumi + Setsuna
- Soleil - Laslow + Hana
- Caledori - Subaki + Selena (gulp)
- Selkie - Kaden + Oboro ( I think this was a good call?)
- Rhajat - Hayato + Nyx
- Forrest - Leo + Felicia (I think this is okay? Maybe Orochi would've been the better call... sigh)
- Ophelia - Odin + Elise (of course)
- Siegbert - Xander + Charlotte
- Shiro - Ryoma + Camilla
- Midori - Kaze + Mozu

Now I'm left with some rather complicated decisions that I'm not sure about. Such as who will Orochi eventually have to go to (and I don't want to be Saizo, god no.).

I have to decide for these now:

And everything I put got deleted past this point. Dammit. 

Well I need suggestions for my indecisive mind still for the rest the children. So any advice would be appreciated.

Can't help you with your pairings but some of the defender spawn locations are tied to the buildings in your castle. Make sure you have a good number of buildings and that the tile at the entrance to the building is not being blocked by anything.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a thing, though it's probably a big thing:

How does Fates calculate experience gains for units when they hit but don't kill an enemy? What about the payout for using staves?

I've found a few posts describing in bits and pieces what you get as a reward for defeating units, but thus far nothing on the other sources of experience.

Here's a stupid question.

I'm playing Conquest on Normal, and I married Jakob because he's so cute, pure and one of my favorites.

Anyway, I did the mission to recruit Dwyer and... he is probably dead? I mean, I finished his mission, but he "died" in one of the last turns... I thought he would appear again, since I'm not playing Classic, but it seems like I won't get him.

Is there a way to...I don't know, do that mission again?

If you didn't speak to him with Jakob at any point before he died, then he's dead for good.

You can't repeat that mission unless you kept the prior save data.

5 hours ago, Dean said:

If you didn't speak to him with Jakob at any point before he died, then he's dead for good.

You can't repeat that mission unless you kept the prior save data.

Oh dear. :c

I'm sorry Dwyer, I'll keep you in my heart. Your creepy and annoyed little face was cute. You were a lazy good boi.

(I don't want to restart because I already reached Chapter 24, duh... But when I'll start one of the other files - and marry Jakob again because why not - I will save lazy boi. <3)