"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

1 hour ago, WingsOfDespair said:

Oh dear. :c

I'm sorry Dwyer, I'll keep you in my heart. Your creepy and annoyed little face was cute. You were a lazy good boi.

(I don't want to restart because I already reached Chapter 24, duh... But when I'll start one of the other files - and marry Jakob again because why not - I will save lazy boi. <3)

You need only kill the boss, which is right in reach, to get the thumbs up. Just something to keep in mind.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone :)
So as I am really team physical copy,  I "did" a booboo and bought birthrights (which i completed) and started Conquest  (on chapter 10). I'm assuming if I buy Revelations it will be able to be accessed on Both Cartridges (because my DLC was accessible from BR to CQ) so is the only thing i lose out is what? the 2 extra Dread Fighter Scrolls/Ebon Scrolls?  As well as the 'ease' of selecting all the paths on  the one Cartridge?  

(i tried so hard to find the SE set but no luck). 

• 3 weeks later...

So, today I recruited Asugi, whose mother is Sakura. He inherited Miracle from her and Vantage from his father, but Sakura's most recent skill (the last one in the list) is Relief. As far as I know, the inherited skill is supposed to be the last one in the list, which worked in Saizo's case. Can somebody shed light on this? I'd appreciate it.

4 hours ago, Funky Tim said:

So, today I recruited Asugi, whose mother is Sakura. He inherited Miracle from her and Vantage from his father, but Sakura's most recent skill (the last one in the list) is Relief. As far as I know, the inherited skill is supposed to be the last one in the list, which worked in Saizo's case. Can somebody shed light on this? I'd appreciate it.

DLC skills cannot be passed to children.

Okay, so, I've admittedly never played Fates... (Or thracia), are birthright and conquest super different from each other? I guess more what I'm asking is; Is it super worth paying a premium to buy that SE cart with both stories on it?

4 hours ago, Viewbob said:

Okay, so, I've admittedly never played Fates... (Or thracia), are birthright and conquest super different from each other? I guess more what I'm asking is; Is it super worth paying a premium to buy that SE cart with both stories on it?

They are radically different... they do feel like two different games and buy one physical copy (you'll get that path no matter what) and buy the other path through the game itself at half the price.

15 hours ago, Viewbob said:

They're both way different, but I don't think Birthright is worth buying unless you're dying to know the story. Conquest is the way to go, imo.

24 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Just picked up the game so I'm still learning stuff

can classes gained from friendship seals be inherited by children?

Children only get one class each from their parents. First, there's their default class, then their inheritance from their fixed parent, then the other parent's class (which is usually, but not always, their default class). So that would be a not necessarily.

What is the general consensus on the best units to use in Fire Emblem Conquest Lunatic. It seems that wherever I search, their are disagreements, some people think Odin is trash, while others think he's top tier, some people think Wyvern Elise is great, etc. Also, what is the best way to use those units?

8 hours ago, Cthulhuhoop said:

What is the general consensus on the best units to use in Fire Emblem Conquest Lunatic. It seems that wherever I search, their are disagreements, some people think Odin is trash, while others think he's top tier, some people think Wyvern Elise is great, etc. Also, what is the best way to use those units?

I'd say in terms of resource consumption vs. output the general consensus is something like Camilla, Corrin, Azura, first servant, Xander and Leo. Niles is also very popular but... seems to have some vocal detractors on this forum.

Hey, guys. I'm new here.

I've just started the Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright and I wanna know who really deserves to train over this journey?

I had tried the Hard Difficult in Classic Mode, but after the chapter 6 it was awful to continue. Now: Normal, Classic.

1 hour ago, Nicholas said:

Hey, guys. I'm new here.

I've just started the Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright and I wanna know who really deserves to train over this journey?

I had tried the Hard Difficult in Classic Mode, but after the chapter 6 it was awful to continue. Now: Normal, Classic.

What is your Corrin's boon and bane? Because if you're open to changing it, I would recommend Robust/Clumsy.

Anyway... Aside from Corrin, I'd recommend Sakura and Hinoka at the very least, as well as your servant (NOTE: Your starter servant is the opposite gender of your Corrin - ergo, you get Felicia the maid if Corrin is male, and Jakob the butler if Corrin is female). Also, Scarlet.

And I know this is a spoiler, but you want to make sure you have Kaze get an A support with Corrin before chapter 15 if you have any intent of using him and/or his daughter Midori.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Hey, guys. I'm new here.

Good units to use in BR are Sakura, Hinoka, Ryoma, Azura, Scarlet, and whomever you like/their kids.

58 minutes ago, Nicholas said:

Hey, guys. I'm new here.

On that difficulty level, you can really train whoever you like, so I recommend you go for whoever you find interesting. All units are viable in one way or another.

If you want to have a general direction to go in though, I'd personally recommend the following:

Ryoma - easily the strongest unit on this route. Gets a personal weapon that lets you attack from 2 range, along with high stats.
Azura - despite being squishy, she's very, VERY useful, since she has the ability to give one of your units another turn. Keep her alive and she'll serve you well.
Kaze - has very high speed and joins early. Ninjas are always useful with their ranged attacks and debuffing weapons, so I recommend you bring one. Alternatively, the other two ninjas you have access to work as well. As mentioned above by Levant Mir Celestia, make sure you get an A support with your avatar before starting Chapter 15.
Takumi - amazing archer, again with a personal weapon. Being locked to 2 range makes these units a little trickier to use than most, but it's worth it due to the raw power this one provides.
Oboro - one of the few tanky units you'll have available on this route. Useful for blocking chokepoints, especially when equipped with a Guard Naginata or a Javelin for ranged attacks.
Felicia or Jakob - you'll start the game with one of these, depending on the gender of your avatar. They can attack with shuriken like ninjas, which is always useful, but more importantly, they can heal.

As I said, I think you should use whomever you like, but these are who I recommend the most based on my own experience. Have fun!

10 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

What is your Corrin's boon and bane? Because if you're open to changing it, I would recommend Robust/Clumsy.

Anyway... Aside from Corrin, I'd recommend Sakura and Hinoka at the very least, as well as your servant (NOTE: Your starter servant is the opposite gender of your Corrin - ergo, you get Felicia the maid if Corrin is male, and Jakob the butler if Corrin is female). Also, Scarlet.

And I know this is a spoiler, but you want to make sure you have Kaze get an A support with Corrin before chapter 15 if you have any intent of using him and/or his daughter Midori.

Thanks for the attention.

Cavalier

Boon: Strength

Bane: Luck

I think this is it.

edit1: I'll try focus in Hinoka.

Edit2 (YouSquiddingMe): I don't unlock Ryoma yet, but a friend told me that him is good.

Edit3 (Funky Tim): So I'll focus in Ryoma, Kaze, Azura and Hinoka. Azura has already married with my character, I think that helps a little more. She's awful attacking. I let her just giving support and singing.

Edited by Nicholas

Thanks for the attention.

Cavalier

Boon: Strength

Bane: Luck

I think this is it.

edit1: I'll try focus in Hinoka.

Edit2 (YouSquiddingMe): I don't unlock Ryoma yet, but a friend told me that him is good.

Edit3 (Funky Tim): So I'll focus in Ryoma, Kaze, Azura and Hinoka. Azura has already married with my character, I think that helps a little more. She's awful attacking. I let her just giving support and singing.

On the subject of Ryoma... I would not wait too long to marry him off to someone if I were you... His son starts far away from you and if you wait too long, he'll commit suicide on the nearest enemy.

• 2 weeks later...

Can y'all remind me what the ideal IV for the typical flat-damage-stacking skills build is again?

Was thinking of doing something like Bow knight with Malefic Aura, Elbow Room, Quick Draw, Strong Riposte, Trample with Shining Bow, Yato, and Hunter's Bow for being able to do extra damage on everyone

Edited by BANRYU

6 hours ago, BANRYU said:

Can y'all remind me what the ideal IV for the typical flat-damage-stacking skills build is again?

Was thinking of doing something like Bow knight with Malefic Aura, Elbow Room, Quick Draw, Strong Riposte, Trample with Shining Bow, Yato, and Hunter's Bow for being able to do extra damage on everyone

The damage+ skills are:

+10

Life and Death

Spendthrift

+5

-faire

Trample

+4

Quick Draw

Odd Shaped

Evenhanded

+3

Elbow Room

Strong Riposte

+2

Malefic Aura

Magic +2

Strength +2

+1

Defender

Potent Potion

+x

Golembane

Beastbane

Not everyone appreciates the drawbacks of Life and Death and Spendthrift (Spendthrift can be pretty funny when used on Corrin (if you have a decent supply of Gold Bars), because of convoy access), so you'd mainly be looking at Trample, Swordfaire, Bowfaire, Quick Draw, Elbow Room, Strong Riposte.

There's also Aggressor (+7) if you've bought multiple routes, and if you're willing to throw one of your 2 Dread Scrolls onto this Corrin. You also might want to consider Nohrian Trust so you can use procs while throwing around the boosted damage.

I was all ready to compliment Revelations and say that the fire chapter where you fight Hans was kinda cool. That was before I died in the next chapter and had to restart the fire chapter again. It was annoying in Conquest endgame and its really annoying now too.

So the thing I want to know is any advice for the map where you recruit Xander and Leo. 

1 hour ago, Sasori said:

I was all ready to compliment Revelations and say that the fire chapter where you fight Hans was kinda cool. That was before I died in the next chapter and had to restart the fire chapter again. It was annoying in Conquest endgame and its really annoying now too.

So the thing I want to know is any advice for the map where you recruit Xander and Leo. 

Have the retainers stay as far away from the action as possible. They can't measure up to the promoted enemies.

Btw, who are you using and how strong are they?