"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

6 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Have the retainers stay as far away from the action as possible. They can't measure up to the promoted enemies.

Btw, who are you using and how strong are they?

I took a few month break so I forgot the exact promotion time from some of these, but this is the general gist of things

20/3 Corrin
20/1 Takumi
20/1 Hayato
10ish/7 Sakura
15ish/3 Oboro (Usually tanky, but still gets two shot by the armour knights)
10ish/2 Beruka
10ish/2 Arthur
level 16 dark flier Subaki 
level 4 Reina
Level 16 dread fighter Hinata.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happens when a unit reaches lv 99 through eternal seals? Can you get 3 digit levels, or is there a hard cap?

EDIT : Wiki states that the maximum level is 99, so I guess that means characters cant use eternal seals anymore at that point;

Edited by Synjid

• 2 weeks later...

Wait wait wait wait. Did Fates really just not tell me you don't recruit dwyer if he commits suicide in his join chapter? If I don't take Dwyer with me, then why am I seeing a scene of Dwyer coming with me?

1 minute ago, Sasori said:

Wait wait wait wait. Did Fates really just not tell me you don't recruit dwyer if he commits suicide in his join chapter? If I don't take Dwyer with me, then why am I seeing a scene of Dwyer coming with me?

i think you need to speak with him with Jakob first. BTW if you are on Classic mode he won't return if he dies on his chapter.

Did you complete the Chapter 17 finally or need some help or tips? i did it recently on Lunatic

4 minutes ago, 1NSaNe said:

i think you need to speak with him with Jakob first. BTW if you are on Classic mode he won't return if he dies on his chapter.

Did you complete the Chapter 17 finally or need some help or tips? i did it recently on Lunatic

I am on Classic mode. Dwyer falling in battle did't raise any alarm bells since he just retreated, rather then died.  I ended up saving after the chapter since the Dwyer recruitment scene still played.

Thanks, but I beat chapter 17 some time ago. I finished revelations and am currently replaying Conquest hard again. I'm up at the dreaded Fuga chapter.

Edited by Sasori

I have been wondering about this for a while now and it has something to do with the lore for the third path,

Spoiler

Why does Corrin's dragon form look so different from Anankos? I mean Anankos is Corrin's father right, so shouldn't their dragon form look similar? That isn't the case though, for one thing Anankos dragon form is much larger than Corrin's and their scale color are also different. I know that some difference came be explained by the fact that Anankos is a pure blood dragon and Corrin is only half, but by that logic Kana who is Corrin's child should have a dragon form that look different from Corrin since Kana is only 1/4 dragon. That isn't the case though, Kana's dragon form looks exactly like Corrin's dragon form.

Edited by DragonKnight1

Sometimes, when we read people's posts in this forum it really made us wonder, why many people unable to realised that FE14 lack of Lord. Kamui/Corrin is an avatar unit, NOT a Lord unit. That's why his/her class is Dark Prince/ss, but localizated as Nohr Prince/ss (made us wonder, what's wrong in the localizator brains on that time). "Nohr Prince/ss" becames a title-name, not a class-name anymore. So many people complaints about "making an avatar become a Lord is a mistake" were really made us laugh. Of course the avatar never have any of Lord's quality at all (by the characteristic strength, the psyche, etc in the stories), because the avatar is not a Lord. Never was and never be, even the avatar serve as the main protagonist. So, no wonder if the avatar characteristics might be so weak. No offense. We believed most of the people here understand that with their valid experiences already.

We admit that the FE14 are far from good, even worst than FE13. We was worked as storywriters for some (canceled) indie games before and we understands those making and synergying the 3 different storyline with same timeline story and characters are very hard to do. Need many times to create and revision over and over again. FE14 storylines, supporting, and many systems were very premature to be implemented and released. No wonder if so many expert gamers has been dissapointed. Perhaps it happened because the FE gamers nagging so impatiently on that time, "Why FE14 not released yet?...hurr durr..." and forced Nintendo along with the IS top-brass to hasten the project. And the result? Even we scratching our heads after finished the game. Then how many people would regret their own impatient? Only a little. Once again, no offense here. We just hope that the FE Three Houses didn't released with the same fatal mistakes later on.

Back to FE14. The story's main concepts were innovative, we think. The avatar's dilemma because his/her two beloved families warring and killing each others. But what in our minds are the same: FE must have Lord unit in order to strengthen the game and storylines. We wonder to IS, why Marx/Xander and Ryoma didn't made as the LORDs? Strengthen their characteristics and role as the Lords, including their classes! They already have their own respective divine prf.weapons. Even they were the crown princes, they have no roles and characteristics of the Lords, but "only" major characters. Hard to explain but we believe most people here understand what it means. The avatar character's confusion because the two Lord characters which he/she adores so much killing each others would be strengthen the story atmosphere even only a bit. The royal characters were too many. For the story, Camilla, Leon, Hinoka, and Takumi were absolutely NOT needed to be the part of the royal family (if they needed to existed), and just made both Elise (wield the Brynhildr) and Sakura (wield the Fujin) became the same age with presented Leon and Takumi! The character's builds, supports, and bonds would be more better and deeper since there's not too many VVIP-characters. The F-avatar just need to choose one of the two lord princes, while the M-avatar just need to choose one of the two princesses (if the player wants to have the avatar became a spouse of any Royal Family members). Focus to Marx and Ryoma in the story as the Lords who warring each others!

Spoiler

In the Conquest ends, let Sakura became a queen after Ryoma died; As well as the Birthright ends, let Elise became the queen after Marx died. We believed that the story-ends would be more devastating since not only the lost of any avatar's foster brother but also the lost of any Lord character as well. In Revelation, even we started without any Lord at first, we think we won't see any problems if there's two Lord characters exist and work together later on.

Please forgive our simple crazy-analize and nonsense if it may confuse anyone here. We believe that so many people here has better analize than us, so you may ignore our words. We are FE players too even perhaps not so expert as the true FE players here. We hope next FE titles become more and more better.

Just our other analizes:

When talk about "Lords" before, we concerned about both Marx and Ryoma's secondary classes. Both are fliers. Then we talks about what the Heart Seal name means. We have conclusion that perhaps secondary classes are the the classes that the respective character's desires to be the one. That's why it named Heart Seal for reclassing out. Then it inspire us about "why flying lords isn't exist yet?" things. We share our minds here: Both Marx and Ryoma should be the first flying lords. Let only both of them have the unique sword-locked flying classes. Marx must be a Dragon/Wing Lord (rides a 4-legged blue flying dragon), and Ryoma must be a Pegasus/Sky Lord (rides a red pegasus - inspired by Guan Yu's Red Hare) with their respective Siegfried and Raijinto. Marx secondary class would be Cavalier, and Ryoma's secondary class would be Samurai. Even we imagined their outfits colors. Lord's color is blue. Marx outfit colors might be black, gold, and blue combinations, so it would made him not too gloomy. Ryoma's outfit colors might be red, white, and blue combinations, so it would made him not very lobster. We believe the opening sequence movie would be more epic and make sense when the two low-flight mounted lords slashing their blades each others, than a striking infantry who head-on againts a clashing horseman who joust-on.

Spoiler

If needed any small amounts "plot-armors" for those flying lords, the both Siegfried and Raijinto might be added with 'iote's shield' effects if necessary.

Luna/Selena, Lazward/Laslow, and Odin were better created as new characters, not as "imported" characters from FE13 who comes to FE14.

For the sisters of the Lords, Elise's Brynhildr might be better if incarnated as an Axe than a Tome, so Elise class would be started as a Wyvern Rider. Sakura's Fujin might be better if incarnated as a Naginata than a Yumi, so Sakura class would be started as a Sky Knight. If the Brynhildr were still a Tome and Fujin were still a Yumi, then made the Elise's class as a Dark Mage and made the Sakura's class as an Archer.

As Crimson/Scarlet's 'counterpart', Beruka's background still able to revised as a Hoshidan's descent who born in Nohr and started as Ninja class, hence her main profession.

Different than FE13 story, met the children or 2nd generation characters in FE14 were absolutely NOT necessary at all! Let the A+ and S supports only heavily affects the character's endings like previous FE titles!

Just another additions: As the compensations of (if existed) Camilla, Leon, Hinoka, and Takumi's roles, better made them as the prodigious characters who serves their own Lords. Leon str and mag more improved, made his age same as Marx, and he becomes Marx right-hand man as a powerful Malig Knight. Takumi HP and res improved, made his age same as Ryoma, and he becomes Ryoma's right-hand man as a remarkable Kinshi Knight. Camilla and Hinoka would be served as Marx and Ryoma's main retainers. Camilla's (we don't dare to 'interrupt' Japanese cultures about fanservice, but perhaps at least give her chainmail shorts!) class would be a Berserker or General, and Hinoka's class would be a Spearmaster or Swordmaster.

Edited by illegal knight

Currently playing through Revelations (Lunatic, Classic). I just got through Chapter 6 (the one where you choose your path) and Azura got knocked down to zero in the course of the battle. She said she would retreat to help us later, but she isn't in the barracks at the end of the chapter. Do I ever get her back as a unit? I assume not, since it's classic mode, but I'm not too keen on replaying chapter 6 again, so I want to verify before I do that.

3 hours ago, Orange Juice said:

Currently playing through Revelations (Lunatic, Classic). I just got through Chapter 6 (the one where you choose your path) and Azura got knocked down to zero in the course of the battle. She said she would retreat to help us later, but she isn't in the barracks at the end of the chapter. Do I ever get her back as a unit? I assume not, since it's classic mode, but I'm not too keen on replaying chapter 6 again, so I want to verify before I do that.

Nope. While story important units (and Rinkah, as well) retreat when defeated, they're still treated as dead for the purposes of classic mode.

Just now, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Nope. While story important units (and Rinkah, as well) retreat when defeated, they're still treated as dead for the purposes of classic mode.

Got it. Well, back to the ol' river, I guess.

17 hours ago, GenricRunner said:

What are Eternal seals?

I'm a fire emblem noob and I have no idea what these things are.

Use an Eternal Seal on a unit to raise the maximum level they can reach.

For example, most units can reach a maximum level of 20. If you use an Eternal Seal, they can now reach level 25.

Does anyone know who Sarah Blandy (Midori's voice actress according to the wiki) is? There is nothing on her at Wikipedia, which makes me think it is an alias...

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

43 minutes ago, Grand_TactiScout_Master said:

How do you get Takumi to be an outlaw/adventurer or bow knight, with a male Corrin as the avatar?

I don't believe it's possible.

• 2 weeks later...

I've spent about an hour researching this question, and I've found a kind of flat distribution of inconsistent claims.

The claim of interest:

No one's death matters in the first six chapters of a Lunatic/Classic Conquest playthrough unless:

- Felicia/Jakob dies

- Corrin dies

- Kaze dies in Ch.4

(For example, it is claimed that if Azura dies in ch.5 in a Conquest playthrough then she will still be alive and playable.)

Is this true? I've seen a few people claiming that most deaths are irrelevant in Conquest mode early on, and I've seen lots of people claiming otherwise as well. I'm hoping that someone is aware of this quandary and happens to know the precise answer.

Edited by expshare

7 hours ago, expshare said:

I've spent about an hour researching this question, and I've found a kind of flat distribution of inconsistent claims.

The claim of interest:

No one's death matters in the first six chapters of a Lunatic/Classic Conquest playthrough unless:

- Felicia/Jakob dies

- Corrin dies

- Kaze dies in Ch.4

(For example, it is claimed that if Azura dies in ch.5 in a Conquest playthrough then she will still be alive and playable.)

Is this true? I've seen a few people claiming that most deaths are irrelevant in Conquest mode early on, and I've seen lots of people claiming otherwise as well. I'm hoping that someone is aware of this quandary and happens to know the precise answer.

I got this from the wikia. For chapter 2 and 3: "Jakob/Felicia and Gunter are excluded from the permadeath function on difficulties above hard. When either or both are defeated, they will retreat from the map"

For chapter 6: "Should Camilla, Leo, Xander, or Elise be defeated in this chapter, they are not permanently defeated, and can still be recruited in later chapters. However, if either the Avatar or Jakob/Felicia fall, then it's a game over for the former and permanent removal from the game for the latter."

Not sure about Kaze and Azura

• 2 weeks later...

Yo hey real quick questions here: 

1) what's a quick/effective build for a corrin who wants to focus on Dragonstone usage? (was thinking maybe like +Mag/-Luk and dragfang, drachex, wary fighter, renewal, nohr trust/magicounter, planning on monk talent for those latter 1-2)

2) What boon/bane do I want for a Bow Knight!Corrin with Malefic Aura/Bowfaire, Quick Draw, Strong Riposte, Elbow Room & Trample? +Mag and -Luk or maybe like +Spd or something? (primarily a Shining Bow build but also with Hunter's Bow and yato accessibility)

(EDIT: yikes this forum is none too active these days, huh)

Edited by BANRYU

5 hours ago, BANRYU said:

Yo hey real quick questions here: 

1) what's a quick/effective build for a corrin who wants to focus on Dragonstone usage? (was thinking maybe like +Mag/-Luk and dragfang, drachex, wary fighter, renewal, nohr trust/magicounter, planning on monk talent for those latter 1-2)

2) What boon/bane do I want for a Bow Knight!Corrin with Malefic Aura/Bowfaire, Quick Draw, Strong Riposte, Elbow Room & Trample? +Mag and -Luk or maybe like +Spd or something? (primarily a Shining Bow build but also with Hunter's Bow and yato accessibility)

(EDIT: yikes this forum is none too active these days, huh)

+HP/+MAG are the best for pretty much any build. -LCK is best in general. Imo Corrin is great for early-mid game, but other units end up being better mid-late

New question: Skill suggestions for a Malig Knight!Corrin (+Spd/-Luk, female)? Efficiency (IE minimal reclassing) is preferred over optimization ideally

14 hours ago, Centh said:

+HP/+MAG are the best for pretty much any build. -LCK is best in general. Imo Corrin is great for early-mid game, but other units end up being better mid-late

The answers to the questions I actually DID ask are much appreciated, thanks!

4 hours ago, BANRYU said:

New question: Skill suggestions for a Malig Knight!Corrin (+Spd/-Luk, female)? Efficiency (IE minimal reclassing) is preferred over optimization ideally

The answers to the questions I actually DID ask are much appreciated, thanks!

I generally play and get advice (for myself) for lunatic at a brisk pace, so no grinding etc. HP and MAG are just the best number wise.

How important or essential for Ophelia's early performance is Vantage? (for sake of argument lessay it's Elise!Ophelia)

This is under assumption that Vantage will get dropped on her lategame.