"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

^ I'd REALLY like to know that as well. When I saw Dark Mage was a Nohr class I was expecting there to be at least as much dark magic as Awakening and possibly even new ones...

Anyway, so what's up with A+ supports? Are the they the same-sex equivalent of S supports without the romance? Can characters have multiple A+ supports?

And if 2 characters have an A+ support but no S supports, do they get a paired ending?

When two Same-Sex characters reach A-Support, you can choose to A+ Support them with their pal. There is no conversation, you don't need to gain any more Support points, you just select it from a menu.

There isn't a paired ending because you can have one S Support and one A+ Support.

A+ Support seemingly don't provide a statistical boost over A Supports. In fact, it will still show as A when selecting a unit for Pair-Up. Moreover, they are one-way. If Sakura has an A support with Aqua, Sakura can choose to have Aqua as her A+ Support from her menu, but Aqua will still be free to A+ someone else unless she chooses Sakura as well.

The real point of A+ Supports is to class change. When a unit has an A+ Support, they can use a Buddy Seal to change into that unit's default class (or secondary class in the case of Aqua or Kanna).

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Context of the following question: I'm playng Nohr / Lunatic / Classic, currently having beaten Chapter 10 and recruited Kanna.)

Regarding sidequests in general, I found that the enemies' power is proportional to somethng (is it the game progress, or the team's level, or something else?) -- online guides mention promoted classes, but I see enemies in base classes (mostly).

I assume that the children will always be at level 10 regardless? So this would mean that they're harder to protect if I enter them late in the game, and that they'll be harder to train (seeing that they're not disproportionately powerful for level 10 units as in Awakening)?

On the other hand, I heard they'll get Child Seals (usable only by themselves, promote them instantly with level ups) if the sidequest is cleared after Chapter 18, and thus saving the need to buy them a Master Seal. But promoted level 1 is also terribly low by then (I'll start promoting units in maybe chapter 12 or 13, starting with Belka).

Which one is more preferrable? The way I look at it, it seems that I should get the kids I want ASAP, while waiting in the case of the others (so that they'll still look decent in castle fights).

Child Seals will scale according to your progress in the storyline, exact numbers not known though

It may depend on where you are in the storyline, but most of the videos I've seen have the child characters coming in at Level 20 base class

Oddly, most of the videos I've seen only started promoting units around Chapter 17 or so

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

(Context of the following question: I'm playng Nohr / Lunatic / Classic, currently having beaten Chapter 10 and recruited Kanna.)

Regarding sidequests in general, I found that the enemies' power is proportional to somethng (is it the game progress, or the team's level, or something else?) -- online guides mention promoted classes, but I see enemies in base classes (mostly).

I assume that the children will always be at level 10 regardless? So this would mean that they're harder to protect if I enter them late in the game, and that they'll be harder to train (seeing that they're not disproportionately powerful for level 10 units as in Awakening)?

On the other hand, I heard they'll get Child Seals (usable only by themselves, promote them instantly with level ups) if the sidequest is cleared after Chapter 18, and thus saving the need to buy them a Master Seal. But promoted level 1 is also terribly low by then (I'll start promoting units in maybe chapter 12 or 13, starting with Belka).

Which one is more preferrable? The way I look at it, it seems that I should get the kids I want ASAP, while waiting in the case of the others (so that they'll still look decent in castle fights).

I've only recruited one could but I was up to chapter 18(Nohr/Lunatic/Classic) and recruited Lutz and he was level 20 unpromoted(with stats that were in-line with my other units and good enough to immediately be useful on Lunatic, he outright replaced Belka) without the child seal and all the enemies in the sidequest were unpromoted level 20. I'm now up to chapter 20 and had a S-rank between Corrin and Felicia so I checked Kanna's sidequest and she appears at level 20 like Lutz but with the child seal in her inventory and the enemies are all level 4 promoted(with the boss at level 11).

It seems both the children and enemy level and stats scale with the progress in the game.

Edited by arvilino

I asked this earlier, but I don't think it was answered:

Is the double attack threshold 5 like it was in Awakening (assuming no weapons that change the ability to double attack are used)?

If you are paired up with someone with Luna/Sol/Astra/Ignis/Vengeance/Sky Break etc you can use it too.

As a follow-up, what happens if the pairing unit has more than one of the battle skills?

I asked this earlier, but I don't think it was answered:

Is the double attack threshold 5 like it was in Awakening (assuming no weapons that change the ability to double attack are used)?

Yes, it's still 5.

As a follow-up, what happens if the pairing unit has more than one of the battle skills?

It wouldn't be any different from a situation where the attacking unit himself has more than one of those skills. Only one can activate at a time, with certain skills' activation rates taking priority over others.

It wouldn't be any different from a situation where the attacking unit himself has more than one of those skills. Only one can activate at a time, with certain skills' activation rates taking priority over others.

Many thanks. So I assume that the user's own skills will also compete with the partner's skill in that case?

Many thanks. So I assume that the user's own skills will also compete with the partner's skill in that case?

Yes. This is generally the case as you will probably be using Dragon Fang. I can't tell you which skill have priorty over others, but I am almost certain that Lethality is always given priority.

Child Seals will scale according to your progress in the storyline, exact numbers not known though

It may depend on where you are in the storyline, but most of the videos I've seen have the child characters coming in at Level 20 base class

Oddly, most of the videos I've seen only started promoting units around Chapter 17 or so

Thanks. seems that my assumption was wrong, then. Good to hear.

I have a level 17 Belka. If I keep on playing sidequests in between main chapters (they seem to feature enemies that are always promoted), she should reach 20 soon enough.

I've only recruited one could but I was up to chapter 18(Nohr/Lunatic/Classic) and recruited Lutz and he was level 20 unpromoted(with stats that were in-line with my other units and good enough to immediately be useful on Lunatic, he outright replaced Belka) without the child seal and all the enemies in the sidequest were unpromoted level 20. I'm now up to chapter 20 and had a S-rank between Corrin and Felicia so I checked Kanna's sidequest and she appears at level 20 like Lutz but with the child seal in her inventory and the enemies are all level 4 promoted(with the boss at level 11).

It seems both the children and enemy level and stats scale with the progress in the game.

That's reassuring to hear. But that would also mean in the sidequest itself, the child character that needs to be protected will be stuck unpromoted, making them harder to protect against prepromote enemies.

Now I understand how the Child Seal really works: it's there so that the player gets to choose the child's promoted class. I assumed they're there to raise level 10 units to level 1 promoted, which may be too low by post-chapter 18.

So now I guess it's safe to play naturally and get the children as they become available. Thanks for the info.

Do we know how much DLC the game will have? I heard that in the game files the names of 8 DLCs were found, but do we have any idea if there will be more than that?

From the file list, there will probably be 13 to 20 DLC maps. The planned map number goes up to 13, but there's space for 7 more, unless those are reserved for Cipher characters.

That's just what's been "planned" though. If the DLC sells, they can always add more, like when Awakening got the second season of DLC (although we got it together with the first season).

So I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but..

Warning: Story Spoilers

Is it actually possible for Camilla, Leon, Hinoka and Sakura to die during Hoshido or Nohr respectively? I have seen many people speculating this, but no outright confirmation.

Sorry if this is the worng place to ask

1. How does buying skills work? You just buy them and they are available on everyone?

2. Does someone have pictures of accessories you can buy in the accessories shop?

3. Is copycat broken?

From the file list, there will probably be 13 to 20 DLC maps. The planned map number goes up to 13, but there's space for 7 more, unless those are reserved for Cipher characters.

That's just what's been "planned" though. If the DLC sells, they can always add more, like when Awakening got the second season of DLC (although we got it together with the first season).

So what are the other 5, since I only remember seeing 8 in the translated list?

For those who have played it, if there are any here (I know some people somehow did) or just know- does the third path allow grinding like Hoshido and/or Awakening. And does IT have a post game?

Grinding has been confirmed by the people playing it. There's nothing that's unlocked only in post game aside from the usual "save 5 characters in the logbook". Of course, you still can go to skirmishes and other castles, but you can always do that.

Still, there still hasn't been any spotpass updates I think, and that's where all of Awakening's non-DLC post game was, so there's still time for something to be added.

Oh good! Seeing as Awakening was a "last ditch" effort, hopefully they can do even more for Fates. Plus I would like to be able to 20/20 all the Nohr exclusives XD. Thanks NeonZ!

When two Same-Sex characters reach A-Support, you can choose to A+ Support them with their pal. There is no conversation, you don't need to gain any more Support points, you just select it from a menu.

There isn't a paired ending because you can have one S Support and one A+ Support.

A+ Support seemingly don't provide a statistical boost over A Supports. In fact, it will still show as A when selecting a unit for Pair-Up. Moreover, they are one-way. If Sakura has an A support with Aqua, Sakura can choose to have Aqua as her A+ Support from her menu, but Aqua will still be free to A+ someone else unless she chooses Sakura as well.

The real point of A+ Supports is to class change. When a unit has an A+ Support, they can use a Buddy Seal to change into that unit's default class (or secondary class in the case of Aqua or Kanna).

Ooh, interesting. Thanks.

I'm presuming A+ supports don't grant you a unit's default class in the case of special units like shapeshifters, singers, and Dark Prince(ss)?

Also 3 more questions:

1) Without giving a name, can you say if they're are any traditional manaketes (i.e. not Kamui,) and if so, what route are they on?

2) Is secondary class for Avatar depend on what route you play? Like could I make Hoshido Kamui's secondary class a cavalier if I wanted?

3) Can any confirm if there's maps you can grind on for free in Hoshido in the post-game?

Edited by BlueL

I want to know a bit more about these Tribes. Like why the Ice Tribe seems to be aligned with Nohr, and yet the Fire and Wind Tribes are with Hoshido, and why they seem to be semi-autonomous. Is it elaborated in the story?

Ooh, interesting. Thanks.

I'm presuming A+ supports don't grant you a unit's default class in the case of special units like shapeshifters, singers, and Dark Prince(ss)?

Also 3 more questions:

1) Without giving a name, can you say if they're are any traditional manaketes (i.e. not Kamui,) and if so, what route are they on?

2) Is secondary class for Avatar depend on what route you play? Like could I make Hoshido Kamui's secondary class a cavalier if I wanted?

3) Can any confirm if there's maps you can grind on for free in Hoshido in the post-game?

1: Nope. It's hard to say, because it depends on what you mean by a traditional manakete. Not in the vein of Tiki/Nowi anyway

2: You can choose any option regardless of the route (the options that you can normally choose anyway)

3: There is technically no postgame. For grinding in general, I'm not too sure either, but you're supposed to make a profit anyway

1: Nope. It's hard to say, because it depends on what you mean by a traditional manakete. Not in the vein of Tiki/Nowi anyway

2: You can choose any option regardless of the route (the options that you can normally choose anyway)

3: There is technically no postgame. For grinding in general, I'm not too sure either, but you're supposed to make a profit anyway

1. That was exactly what I meant. Thanks.

2. Cool. Cavalier all the way then (Luna's awesome & Diamond Strike sound amazing as well unless there is a dramatic increase in the number of magic wielding foes)

3. Hmmm ok. Like I said (I believe to you) earlier I really just want to be able to grind for supports instead of having to replay the game. I'll probably have to wait on DLC.

Thanks for the responses.

1. That was exactly what I meant. Thanks.

2. Cool. Cavalier all the way then (Luna's awesome & Diamond Strike sound amazing as well unless there is a dramatic increase in the number of magic wielding foes)

3. Hmmm ok. Like I said (I believe to you) earlier I really just want to be able to grind for supports instead of having to replay the game. I'll probably have to wait on DLC.

Thanks for the responses.

You can grind supports for free by playing my castle battles

I'll ask again to see if anyone knows, but are there more dark tomes besides Nosferatu? I ask because the Witch class has shadowgift which sounds really cool.... if only there were more spells to use. I can't see a heavily nerfed Nosferatu being worth spending a skill on.